Un-nerf 20% True Shot Damage Reduction

in PvP

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

A-net can you please return True Shot on Dragon hunter back to its previous damage? – get rid of the 20% nerf, DH was fine where it was before – thanks

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

No.

-Sincerely,

Anet

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in PvP

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

The thing that needs un-nerfing is the Hunter’s Ward skill function change.

True Shot’s nerf, although severe, is only secondary.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Yah, we gotta unnerf the true shot damage. I can’t reflect and instantly kill a guard anymore.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

yah let’s leave guardian how it is, the worst class in SPvP – no balance necessary, right guys? yahhhhh…. you guys probably don’t even play the class – clearly since you make stupid comments like I reflect DH damage or in your signature it says you play warrior and ranger – GG WP nerds

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Urkraft.2603

Urkraft.2603

I was a bit salty at first to about the 20% damage nerf, but after playing for a while I kind of like the damage increase on the other LB skills. The Hunter’s Ward CC nerf is more annoying if you ask me.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: wikedtik.5681

wikedtik.5681

As a higher level competitive PvP player in renowned guilds and teams, and one of the “top” DH’s in competitive play, I’ll put my two cents into this, as I see this come up a lot and I’ve thought about it myself.

Dragonhunter is a class that many can play. It’s a very basic class, and it has a play style very different than others. For this example, I will take the current meta Meditrap build and explain its reasonings, and why the “nerfs” are “(un)justified”.

You’re running Rune of the Pack and Marauder amulet. This brings you to 2,225 power and 2,167 armor. You have a 59.95% crit chance, with a 187.3% crit damage. Statistically, this looks really kittenty compared to other classes, to where you can get more power and more armor, right? This is where the abilities and roles the Dragonhunter has comes into play.

If you’re running S/F and LB, you have Shield of Courage (5s block on an angle, 65.25s cooldown), Shield of Wrath (Typically used in an offensive burst, but it still blocks 3 attacks on a 36s cooldown), and Renewed Focus (3s invuln on a 72 second CD). Renewed Focus also gives you Shield of Courage again. You also get a 3s projectile block from Zealot’s Defense.

Those are the blocks and invulns, but you also have plenty of other skills. You have a knockback from Heavy Light, 3.75s Retal from each of your virtues, 3s blind from Flashing Blade, 4s blind from Deflecting Shot (I recommend using this for the unblockable ability though, typically doubled over with Heavy Light), 3s blind from Ray of Judgement, 6s blind + .5s daze from Purification, and a .5 daze from Test of Faith. Hunter’s Determination trait also adds another Fragments of Faith trap ontop of all of this for not only more aegis from all of your other skills, but another .5s daze.

You have 2 dodges, with 12s vigor from Symbol of Energy with a 15s cooldown. You have kitten protection from Shield of Courage.

These are just a list of most of the important defensive boons and abilities, so toss out the low armor stats because that makes up for it. A typical True Shot that doesn’t crit hit for around 2500-3000 damage. That’s a lot for a skill on a 4 second cooldown, plus your autoattacks ontop of that. Mind you though, I tend to crit 9/10 times, hitting anywhere from 5500-7500 on them. That’s just with 1 shot. Not even a burst with your utilities and other skills. When I was able to hit 5 figure damages every 4 seconds before the nerf, it was ridiculously stupid. Don’t forget, the shot is piercing as well, so you can hit 5 players, if the stars are aligned.

It’s late, and I can’t be bothered proof reading this and double checking on stats and skills and the whatnot, but TLDR; this skill still hits for a stupid amount, however it’s required to keep DH in play with other classes that can apply an even more stupid amount of their own skills cough chill cough

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

just be glad you guys got a 20% nerf when it could ve easily taken a 60% nerf and/or have its CD raised to 10s

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

just be glad you guys got a 20% nerf when it could ve easily taken a 60% nerf and/or have its CD raised to 10s

or like precision strike which got a 300% buff and had its cd increased by 1s

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Perfectly fine with that. Just give Deflecting Shot a 37% damage buff in compensation.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

or like precision strike which got a 300% buff and had its cd increased by 1s

PS wasn’t buffed last patch, uh ok

But if you are talking from the moment it was buffed a while ago then with that and after that it came:

Shield 5, Infused Light, Unwavering Avoidance, Radiant Revival, Sword AA, Coalescence of Ruin, UA, Enchanted Daggers, Riposting Shadows nerfs.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Daniel.1204

Daniel.1204

As a higher level competitive PvP player in renowned guilds and teams, and one of the “top” DH’s in competitive play, I’ll put my two cents into this, as I see this come up a lot and I’ve thought about it myself.

Dragonhunter is a class that many can play. It’s a very basic class, and it has a play style very different than others. For this example, I will take the current meta Meditrap build and explain its reasonings, and why the “nerfs” are “(un)justified”.

You’re running Rune of the Pack and Marauder amulet. This brings you to 2,225 power and 2,167 armor. You have a 59.95% crit chance, with a 187.3% crit damage. Statistically, this looks really kittenty compared to other classes, to where you can get more power and more armor, right? This is where the abilities and roles the Dragonhunter has comes into play.

If you’re running S/F and LB, you have Shield of Courage (5s block on an angle, 65.25s cooldown), Shield of Wrath (Typically used in an offensive burst, but it still blocks 3 attacks on a 36s cooldown), and Renewed Focus (3s invuln on a 72 second CD). Renewed Focus also gives you Shield of Courage again. You also get a 3s projectile block from Zealot’s Defense.

Those are the blocks and invulns, but you also have plenty of other skills. You have a knockback from Heavy Light, 3.75s Retal from each of your virtues, 3s blind from Flashing Blade, 4s blind from Deflecting Shot (I recommend using this for the unblockable ability though, typically doubled over with Heavy Light), 3s blind from Ray of Judgement, 6s blind + .5s daze from Purification, and a .5 daze from Test of Faith. Hunter’s Determination trait also adds another Fragments of Faith trap ontop of all of this for not only more aegis from all of your other skills, but another .5s daze.

You have 2 dodges, with 12s vigor from Symbol of Energy with a 15s cooldown. You have kitten protection from Shield of Courage.

These are just a list of most of the important defensive boons and abilities, so toss out the low armor stats because that makes up for it. A typical True Shot that doesn’t crit hit for around 2500-3000 damage. That’s a lot for a skill on a 4 second cooldown, plus your autoattacks ontop of that. Mind you though, I tend to crit 9/10 times, hitting anywhere from 5500-7500 on them. That’s just with 1 shot. Not even a burst with your utilities and other skills. When I was able to hit 5 figure damages every 4 seconds before the nerf, it was ridiculously stupid. Don’t forget, the shot is piercing as well, so you can hit 5 players, if the stars are aligned.

It’s late, and I can’t be bothered proof reading this and double checking on stats and skills and the whatnot, but TLDR; this skill still hits for a stupid amount, however it’s required to keep DH in play with other classes that can apply an even more stupid amount of their own skills cough chill cough

I dont no i have 2.3k power 60%crit 187% ferocity and crit with True Shot have max 3-3,5k agains players (2k without crit), 6K dmg i can do only agains npc with light armor

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Atleast you got compensated on your other bow skills,gunflame got nerfed both damage and pierce wise but we didn’t get anything else back in return on our rifle.

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

Wait, seriously?
Really?
no wait…
rly?

You actually think DODGING THE LAST kittenING HIT OF AN ATTACK THEN STILL GETTING TRAPPED FOR SIX kittenING SECONDS WAS BALANCED AND SHOULD RETURN?

REALLY?!

wow. there is actually more people defending changing it back.
I am at a loss for words.

(edited by HEDRO.2345)

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Suuuuuure, only when true shot has 130 range and can’t be cast while blocking.

Daniel.1204: what a lie, i get hit for 6k true shot if i get caught by guard.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: HEDRO.2345

HEDRO.2345

In case some of you DH’s that want a free kill handed to you every 45 seconds did not know. Every single class(except druid/mes) can’t evade inside the tiny ward. Now lets see which classes have blocks to not be a free kill instantly inside a ward.
Ring Duration —-—————————————— 5 seconds (6 b4 nerf)

Rev has 3 blocks —-————————————- 2sec, 2sec, 3 sec
Guard has 3 —-—————————————— 1 hit, 3 hits, 180*Block
Warrior shield/mace/sword+rageskill —-———- 3 sec, 1 hit, 1 hit, 1/2sec
Engi shield or hammer —-—————————— 1 1/2sec, 2 sec
Ranger gs, staff ancestral grace —-——————- 1 hit, 1 1/4 evade
Mesmer sh/sw/sc(dunno shield durations) —-— 2 1/2 to 4sec total?, 2 1/2 blur, 1 hit
Necromancer —-—————————————— NADA
Elementalist —-——————————————- 4 second Invul
Daredevil block+vault/3 spam in place – - – - 1 1/2s block 1/2s evade SB/S/DD/SD

There’s a list of blocks, now all you have to do is press f1 twice and the majority of these classes will have nothing else to defend themselves with for 4 whole seconds.
So for a quick recap, only Revenant, Mesmer, Ele, on their normal meta specs have cds to live thru standing still for 5 seconds.

You are asking for Warrior, Engi, Necro, Thief to be a free kill if you hit 5 on them.
Guardian and Druid have enough heals for it to not necessarily be a death sentence, But generally druid is weak to cc also..

Now REALLY? Really is it a good idea to revert it?
(Hint: The answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we need less cc in the game not bringing UNCOUNTERABLE CC back.)

(edited by HEDRO.2345)

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

No,

sincerely

all non guardian players

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

Just drop the class and roll Rev as everyone. Didn’t touch DH since the patch and can’t be more happy. Guardian was already dead in PvP so isn’t like the nerf did change something.

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

All you complainers dont know how to play.. I suggest you actually practice & get gewd.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravenmoon.5318

Ravenmoon.5318

Yeah when they boost true shot i would like to see the following “unnerfed” too

1) Pistol Whip back at one-shotting people like at launch
2) Reinstate Ricochet trait

Ty in advance :P

Just drop the class and roll Rev as everyone. Didn’t touch DH since the patch and can’t be more happy. Guardian was already dead in PvP so isn’t like the nerf did change something.

Yes do this, i would have even more revenants to farm. Few nights ago i killed 2 revs alone, fun times. I couldn’t be happier.

It’s funny because the baddies that played DH before the patch sometimes managed to kill me when i wasn’t paying attention (one true shot crit is enough to down a thief). Now that they switched to revenants I couldn’t be happier

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Posted by: Ellie.5913

Ellie.5913

Hey I’m only playing revenant because it’s the only thing I haven’t got all the profession pvp achievements on yet (and because it’s my only sylvarie and it looks cool especially when it glows) But seriously I hate how I die to almost everything when I play it, it really feels weak to me.

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Yeah when they boost true shot i would like to see the following “unnerfed” too

1) Pistol Whip back at one-shotting people like at launch
2) Reinstate Ricochet trait

Ty in advance :P

Yes do this, i would have even more revenants to farm. Few nights ago i killed 2 revs alone, fun times. I couldn’t be happier.

It’s funny because the baddies that played DH before the patch sometimes managed to kill me when i wasn’t paying attention (one true shot crit is enough to down a thief). Now that they switched to revenants I couldn’t be happier

Lol so much this

So yeah plz do switch to Rev guys, always hilarious to see people miserably fail when attempting to cheese things.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Buran.3796

^ Your statments are hilarous, specially on the light of Toker swiching from Thief to Rev the whole season 2.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

^ Your statments are hilarous, specially on the light of Toker swiching from Thief to Rev the whole season 2.

Toker is a good player, don’t compare him to bandwagon that can’t even leave sapphire whole season.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Buran.3796

Toker is a good player, don’t compare him to bandwagon players that can’t even leave sapphire whole season.

There’s a difference from swiching a class in the hope of being carried and swiching due the one you main is useless in the current meta. Guardian is useless since -at least- late summer of last year. That doesn’t mean that you can’t reach the legendary division with Him -you can, is just a grind- but there’s no place in the current PvP for Guardian/DH. They are worse at any task than any other class (dps, support, holder, +1…) and can’t even move without the need of gearing Traveller runes.

Anet tried to design the game since the las summer revamp (the trait lines) in a way in which everything was under control: only one set rune viable, only three trait lines at time… And still, some classes has 0 viable builds in competitive PvP. Guardian is one of them.

Fellow guardians: stop struggling and just reroll.

in PvP

XxsdgxX.8109

Toker is a good player, don’t compare him to bandwagon players that can’t even leave sapphire whole season.

There’s a difference from swiching a class in the hope of being carried and swiching due the one you main is useless in the current meta. Guardian is useless since -at least- late summer of last year. That doesn’t mean that you can’t reach the legendary division with Him -you can, is just a grind- but there’s no place in the current PvP for Guardian/DH. They are worse at any task than any other class (dps, support, holder, +1…) and can’t even move without the need of gearing Traveller runes.

Anet tried to design the game since the las summer revamp (the trait lines) in a way in which everything was under control: only one set rune viable, only three trait lines at time… And still, some classes has 0 viable builds in competitive PvP. Guardian is one of them.

Fellow guardians: stop struggling and just reroll.

Way to avoid the point, the majority of players will always be quite bad.

Stella Truth Seeker

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

imho dragonhunter cannot have that damage back until they do something with barriers. Other people have articulated why pretty much every classes struggle with barriers much better than I can.

I have absolutely no problem with true shot hitting like a truck and to be frank it still does. I do have problem with the way dragons maw and hunters ward interact with skills like true shot. Until they change barriers so they don’t lock you down give you no means of counter play to do anything while the guard attacks, guardian should not be allowed to have spikes of damage period.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in PvP

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

If you check the patch notes for 4/19, trueshot was nerfed as ANET thought it provided too much ranged damage with little counterplay in WvW (which is a totally untrue statement….).

Trust me, the nerf to true-shot was definitely needed, but the problem is that other high damage skills really should have been cut down too, namely Coalescence of Ruin (rev hammer 2) as it now does more damage and can’t be reflected while maintaining the same cooldown and range as trueshot.

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

A-net can you please return True Shot on Dragon hunter back to its previous damage? – get rid of the 20% nerf, DH was fine where it was before – thanks

Not a valid complaint, they basically put the damage into the bow’s symbol:

True Shot: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 20%.

Symbol of Energy: The damage of this skill has been increased by 25%.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

I agree. guardians even prior to this patch were mediocore. Said barriers such as dragonsmaw sacrifice even more of said suvivability and people by now know how to dodge traps. The only annoying skill was that hunters ward was kinda invisable. No reason to justfy a 20 percent friggin nerf to true shot. Heck atleast increase CD’s or casting time by 50 percent. It’s still an incredibly telegraphed attack.

>DH only stomp relatively new players.

>The moment u become decent as in not garbage i mean. Emerald and up DH’s are perfectly fine to deal with it.

DH can only carry you so far. Anybody that plays them competetively or in high league divisions pretty much gets there by skill.

hunters ward’s barrier can become a 3 second barrier duration instead of 5 to 6 sec.

(edited by Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318)

in PvP

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Not a valid complaint, they basically put the damage into the bow’s symbol:

True Shot: The damage of this skill has been reduced by 20%.

Symbol of Energy: The damage of this skill has been increased by 25%.

If you manage to actually stand in that for it’s duration then I don’t know what to say.

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

In case some of you DH’s that want a free kill handed to you every 45 seconds did not know. Every single class(except druid/mes) can’t evade inside the tiny ward. Now lets see which classes have blocks to not be a free kill instantly inside a ward.
Ring Duration —-—————————————— 5 seconds (6 b4 nerf)

Rev has 3 blocks —-————————————- 2sec, 2sec, 3 sec
Guard has 3 —-—————————————— 1 hit, 3 hits, 180*Block
Warrior shield/mace/sword+rageskill —-———- 3 sec, 1 hit, 1 hit, 1/2sec
Engi shield or hammer —-—————————— 1 1/2sec, 2 sec
Ranger gs, staff ancestral grace —-——————- 1 hit, 1 1/4 evade
Mesmer sh/sw/sc(dunno shield durations) —-— 2 1/2 to 4sec total?, 2 1/2 blur, 1 hit
Necromancer —-—————————————— NADA
Elementalist —-——————————————- 4 second Invul
Daredevil block+vault/3 spam in place – - – - 1 1/2s block 1/2s evade SB/S/DD/SD

There’s a list of blocks, now all you have to do is press f1 twice and the majority of these classes will have nothing else to defend themselves with for 4 whole seconds.
So for a quick recap, only Revenant, Mesmer, Ele, on their normal meta specs have cds to live thru standing still for 5 seconds.

You are asking for Warrior, Engi, Necro, Thief to be a free kill if you hit 5 on them.
Guardian and Druid have enough heals for it to not necessarily be a death sentence, But generally druid is weak to cc also..

Now REALLY? Really is it a good idea to revert it?
(Hint: The answer is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO we need less cc in the game not bringing UNCOUNTERABLE CC back.)

Or you pop stab and walk out of it. Reapers and wars have pulsing stab when in zerk / shroud. Thieves shouldnt get hit. Engis also have stab to get out. Or you know, just reflect everything.

Optimise [OP]

in PvP

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

To OP..i You say un-nerf True shot, then ok. I say then un-nerf Robert Gee original Mesmer. Only fare!

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

OK so far when I said un-nerf true shot dmg, the responses are “RE-roll another class” or “dh dmg is fine were it is, and it needed to be nerfed” this in light of the fact that dh is currently the least viable class to play in Spvp. So no buff necessary apparently and or go play completely different class.

GG guys GG

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

OK so far when I said un-nerf true shot dmg, the responses are “RE-roll another class” or “dh dmg is fine were it is, and it needed to be nerfed” this in light of the fact that dh is currently the least viable class to play in Spvp. So no buff necessary apparently and or go play completely different class.

GG guys GG

Going on about how you want 20% more damage on a single skill wont fix the lack of mobility guard has or any of its other problems. Even if it were to get the buff your asking for it would still be crap tier and have a very binary fight pattern. It needs work in many areas to be brought up to snuff.

A bunch of us said we’d be fine with un nerf if they did something about barriers. Most people are happy with where dragonhunter is right now solely because of how abusive and unfun it is to play against.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

Even with the unnerfed true shot, hunter’s ward AND the buffed deflecting shot and symbol of energy damage as well as the base guardian shout and virtues buff, guardians still wouldn’t be anywhere close to a top 4 class.

At best, it’d be a viable 5th and that’s its absolute ceiling.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Even with the unnerfed true shot, hunter’s ward AND the buffed deflecting shot and symbol of energy damage as well as the base guardian shout and virtues buff, guardians still wouldn’t be anywhere close to a top 4 class.

At best, it’d be a viable 5th and that’s its absolute ceiling.

I agree and to that end they should un-nerf true shot at least and/or buff it by making it unblockable so tons of classes can’t reflect it like engineer or elementalist

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

Gunflame got a 20% damage nerf too and they removed the pierce effect, all this for a skill that is actually gated behind double CDs and requires adrenaline to use.
True Shot is a 4s cd skill that still pierces and does basically the same damage.
I’d say that comparatively TS got off light.

If you want Guard buffs, True Shot is not where you should ask them. That skill was massively overperforming and the nerf was 100% needed.

I’d like to see more constructive feedback and suggestions from Guards instead of just “revert the changes” because that won’t happen.

Also please stop with the meta talk. There are 9 classes and 5 spots on a team, all classes can’t be meta at the same time and you shouldn’t balance the class towards that. That just adds to the powercreep.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: Reknarok.7582

Reknarok.7582

Ha ha ha DH worst class in PvP.

Warriors still exist you know.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Nearly 4 years into the game and Guardian has had the following problems since launch

1: A good 50% of their traits being absolute crap nobody in their right mind would ever use for anything serious

2: Half of their utility skills also being absolute crap nobody in their right mind would ever use for anything serious.

3: Sword AA chain being reflectable, often missing entirely and having such a narrow cone its hard to hit multiple targets

4: Sword #3 not actually blocking anything (it absorbs & thus is useless for block traits), it also can be strafed around and does lower damage then the AA that often misses.

5: Scepter AA being so slow you can outrun it or side strafe it easily.

6: Staff generally trying to fill the role of a herald, PS warrior or Ele and doing it horribly on all accounts. On top of having horribly DPS.

7: Multiple helpful skills being designed around symbols which try to make you want to stand still in a game which is designed to punish standing still.

8: Multiple hammer skills being so slow & easy to avoid that a person would have to be unconscious to enjoy using them or be hit by them.

9: The lack of survivability the class has when using anything but meditations in a PvP setting.

Face it Anet has no idea WTF they are doing with the class and could probably accomplish the same outcome at a cheaper price by firing the people responsible for its design & replacing them with a spinning wheel ala wheel of fortune.

(PS I take the last part back, a wheel of “design” would probably do the job better as it wouldn’t have pre conceived notions or biases)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

Nearly 4 years into the game and Guardian has had the following problems since launch

1: A good 50% of their traits being absolute crap nobody in their right mind would ever use for anything serious

2: Half of their utility skills also being absolute crap nobody in their right mind would ever use for anything serious.

3: Sword AA chain being reflectable, often missing entirely and having such a narrow cone its hard to hit multiple targets

4: Sword #3 not actually blocking anything (it absorbs & thus is useless for block traits), it also can be strafed around and does lower damage then the AA that often misses.

6: Staff generally trying to fill the role of a herald, PS warrior or Ele and doing it horribly on all accounts. On top of having horribly DPS.

7: Multiple helpful skills being designed around symbols which try to make you want to stand still in a game which is designed to punish standing still.

8: Multiple hammer skills being so slow & easy to avoid that a person would have to be unconscious to enjoy using them or be hit by them.

9: The lack of survivability the class has when using anything but meditations in a PvP setting.

Face it Anet has no idea WTF they are doing with the class and could probably accomplish the same outcome at a cheaper price by firing the people responsible for its design & replacing them with a spinning wheel ala wheel of fortune.

(PS I take the last part back, a wheel of “design” would probably do the job better as it wouldn’t have pre conceived notions or biases)

Most of your post is pure bullkitten, especially your moaning about hammer being slow. Hey pal, last year mediguard was meta, with a hammer, just FYI. And it would still be meta if the game didn’t become so passive with HoT. Banish completely makes a fool out of everyone who tries to ressurect a downed player. Shortly after that we got the burn guard when they amped up conditions damage and stacking, it was way too strong and they had to nerf burning itself to bring the class inline. So don’t tell me most of guardian’s traits and utilities are useless.

Also when I played guardian 2 years ago (it was my main for over a year) I’m certain I used every utility skill, without the spirit weapons because they are crap, granted, but the rest are nice if you build around. Sure maybe not in spvp but there are 2 other modes. Never forget, the game is not solely balanced around sPvP. The latest nerf was actually made because of WvW.

Guardian was the profession with the longest standing skill split. Stand your ground had different effect in sPVP for years, among others.

(edited by Ravenmoon.5318)

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

Gunflame got a 20% damage nerf too and they removed the pierce effect, all this for a skill that is actually gated behind double CDs and requires adrenaline to use.
True Shot is a 4s cd skill that still pierces and does basically the same damage.
I’d say that comparatively TS got off light.

If you want Guard buffs, True Shot is not where you should ask them. That skill was massively overperforming and the nerf was 100% needed.

I’d like to see more constructive feedback and suggestions from Guards instead of just “revert the changes” because that won’t happen.

Also please stop with the meta talk. There are 9 classes and 5 spots on a team, all classes can’t be meta at the same time and you shouldn’t balance the class towards that. That just adds to the powercreep.

guardians don’t bother giving proper feedback with how to fix base guardians anymore because Anet has been ignoring it for 2 years.

every “buff” patch to guardians has been “reduce CD by 5 seconds” or “add 1 extra second of retaliation” or “remove 1 extra condition” type changes that literally took the entirety of 1 lunch break to write on a napkin.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Most of your post is pure bullkitten, especially your moaning about hammer being slow. Hey pal, last year mediguard was meta, with a hammer, just FYI. And it would still be meta if the game didn’t become so passive with HoT. Banish completely makes a fool out of everyone who tries to ressurect a downed player. Shortly after that we got the burn guard when they amped up conditions damage and stacking, it was way too strong and they had to nerf burning itself to bring the class inline. So don’t tell me most of guardian’s traits and utilities are useless.

Also when I played guardian 2 years ago (it was my main for over a year) I’m certain I used every utility skill, without the spirit weapons because they are crap, granted, but the rest are nice if you build around. Sure maybe not in spvp but there are 2 other modes. Never forget, the game is not solely balanced around sPvP. The latest nerf was actually made because of WvW.

Guardian was the profession with the longest standing skill split. Stand your ground had different effect in sPVP for years, among others.

By your own admission you have not played guardian in 2 years

As for guardian ever being “meta”, It never has been a few teams decided to bring one on as their 5th but by their own consensus it was because they couldn’t stack another ele/engi/rev and guardian while still a bad option was still better then the other choices given their comp.

For burn guard, it was only ever good in solo que where people did not bring a reasonable amount of condition removal to cleanse the 1 harmful condition guardians had.

The rest of my post is completely true and has been known by the community for a long time.
Not that I would expect you to agree with it, your post history shows nothing but arguments in many cases for the sake of arguments as you seem to enjoy insulting others

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

By your own admission you have not played guardian in 2 years

As for guardian ever being “meta”, It never has been a few teams decided to bring one on as their 5th but by their own consensus it was because they couldn’t stack another ele/engi/rev and guardian while still a bad option was still better then the other choices given their comp.

For burn guard, it was only ever good in solo que where people did not bring a reasonable amount of condition removal to cleanse the 1 harmful condition guardians had.

The rest of my post is completely true and has been known by the community for a long time.
Not that I would expect you to agree with it, your post history shows nothing but arguments in many cases for the sake of arguments as you seem to enjoy insulting others

oRNG won WTS Boston thanks to, infact, Tage’s medihammer. Shortly after, everyone and their dog were running medihammer.

Just like with the chrono mesmer, it didn’t start as meta in season 2, then few streamers in particular (main mesmers) said that you should carry, and people copied there builds and poof now everyone complains about double moa and how powerful continuum split is.

And no, I’m no whiteknight, I just bash on posts I find stupid. I’ll be happy to let you know that the more I stick in this forum the more those posts multiply.

I even have people claiming that revenant is unstoppable if you have whole team working for you. But isn’t it everyone now really? It’s amusing

Back to guardian, it’s bad in sPvP but very okay-ish in WvW. Which kinda makes sense, we are talking about different gamemodes these days. With different goals and tactics.

in PvP

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

nerfing True Shot dmg by 20% has effectively changed DH from “oh a DH i can counter it with reflects, dodge rolls and ccing/focus fire, but I better be careful because it can burst me hard if I don’t pay attention to it” into “Oh a DH i can counter it all the same ways as above only I don’t really need to pay too much attention to it because it doesn’t do that much dmg anymore”

Talking about Hunter’s ward as the skill that really needs work? That skill has a 40 sec CD, who cares how they change this skill, it rarely affected the outcomes of any of my games, maybe only team fights and only rarely against 1 person.

True Shot is on a 4 sec CD and its dmg was cut by 1/4, we aren’t even a threat anymore, Its True Shot that wins in most fights not Hunter’s ward or any other DH skill.

aka. “The Complainer”

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Talking about Hunter’s ward as the skill that really needs work? That skill has a 40 sec CD, who cares how they change this skill, it rarely affected the outcomes of any of my games, maybe only team fights and only rarely against 1 person.

There are other modes apart from spvp, hunters ward was ridiculous in WvW with multiple dhs.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Darknicrofia.2604

ok, people need to stop harping on Tage’s medihammer build.

it was literally 1 kittening build, used in 1 tournament that hasn’t had that type of duplicated success EVER again by another player.

as opposed to say, D/D ele, shoutbow warrior or the OP elite specs we have now.

in PvP

Ravenmoon.5318

ok, people need to stop harping on Tage’s medihammer build.

it was literally 1 kittening build, used in 1 tournament that hasn’t had that type of duplicated success EVER again by another player.

as opposed to say, D/D ele, shoutbow warrior or the OP elite specs we have now.

So we are going to close our eyes about everyone and their dog rolling a mediham guard right after that tourney? For the sole reason of this build being so dope it could one-shot people better than the thief at the time. I’ve personally done it. Multiple times.

And the builds you’ve listed are mostly builds that 90% of the baddies didn’t know how to outplay. They weren’t that OP.

But yeah, Gw2 is a game that has crippled very good builds that required a lot of player skill to actually be rewarding … and that has been done consistently because ANet tends to listen to their joke of a pvp community. I mean seriously … would you compare ROM’s shoutbow with your average joe shoutbow?

I’ve never played a shoutbow but it sure was interesting fighting them. Same for hambows. But yeah there were bunch of crybabies and what do you know … warrior is a scrub tier these days. Guardian was too strong with meditations and burns and what do you know … it’s getting closer and closer to scrub tier. Chrono had a real nice power shatter build and slowly but steadily it’s going to get nerfed until scrub tier. Revenant ate the nerfbat on an already underperforming DPSer it is slowly but steadily going to go away.

But hey, we get cool things like no-skill chronophantasma build or the spamwich reaper. Those sure made some baddies feel good about themselves.