Uneven matchups

Uneven matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

I know there have been threads before, but Anet’s not really saying anything about any of them. My team right now made the decision to not fight for the whole match because it’s a 4v5. I have no problems with this, because we’re going to lose anyway, so why not get it over with quicker. My problem is that Anet is STILL not saying anything about how to fix their matchups and actually get a proper pvp match. I’d rather have someone that’s never pvp’d than anything else, but of course we’re all supposed to be distracted by the tournament of legends and pvp is the best it’s even been.

Just a little miffed, and Anet doesn’t say anything about it. Keep this up and PvP will be back to the dead place it was a few weeks ago. Nobody wants to fight outnumbered, even if it means fighting alongside idiots. Please at least say that you’re going to fix something. At least give us that.

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Uneven matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

The guys who are responsible for the systems have no clue how to solve this. So its either deal with the frustration or stop GW2 like i am if it keeps going like this

The game isnt that great anyway. Migth aswell start playing wow again. Better system designers at Blizzard.

Uneven matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

But that’s just the point. You shouldn’t have to wait for Anet to get their act together to properly format a matchup system. I don’t think I even require a flawless system, just a system that recognizes its flaws, maybe acknowledges that they need to be addressed. I get that it’s the weekend, but this week it’s going to be swept under the rug with the positive hype from the tournament weekend (as it was last week when the EU tournament happened). I get that there’s an element of PR to this whole thing, but as far as I’m aware, Anet thinks their system is flawless aside from perhaps some lag issues and finding a way to match people with others of a similar rank (not even as simple as matching them up with a group of 4 other people).

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Uneven matchups

in PvP

Posted by: Duran.3196

Duran.3196

Pretty easy:
Dont Start the Game till both sides have 5 ppl!

Just dont make a fixed timer with 1:30, make a shorter fixed timer maybe (add skill templates instead so you can adjust faster and dont need that 1:30 maybe)
And then just start that timer if each team has 5 ppl in, and if one disconnect before the game starts replace it with a another player BEFORE the game starts.

And if it happens that someone disconnects during the game, and the disconnect duration is long enough, just dont count the loose for that side.

You know it’s very depressing if you get 4v5 5 times in a row and always lose the game still by only 4xx-500, were you know you would have won with a 5th man.

#ELEtism

(edited by Duran.3196)

Uneven matchups

in PvP

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

or maybe the last guy to join the side with 5 is simply put back in the que and the match starts with 4v4.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir