Unfair matchmaking and teams abusing it

in PvP

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Team PZ are queueing with an alt account of a player who is amber so their matchmaking overall is greatly reduced and they fight easier opponents, and have quicker queue times. When really, they should be fighting much harder opponents.
This is considered an intended exploit of MMR, and is unfair for teams who have to fight them.
Fix the MMR, or fix their team. I don’t want to lose my hard earned pips to this.
Furthermore, why should the number 1 team fight a team of small groups not even on the team leaderboard.

Attachments:

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: ReaperJr.5967

ReaperJr.5967

Disappointing and embarassing behavior from a pro team. Hope the devs look into this.

Lord Ninth \\ Champion Magus
- Primordial Legend
Semi-active.

in PvP

Posted by: Izanagi.9830

Izanagi.9830

on EU some people do it aswell , argilla , collero etc.

in PvP

Posted by: FearedbytheGods.8617

FearedbytheGods.8617

At this point it doesn’t look like there’s much ANet do can. Despite the poor sportsmanship of PZ and other guilds Anet needs them to legitimise this League or admit they mismanaged it from the beginning.

With 1/2 a million on the line, there’s NO WAY they will admit they mismanaged it. So PZ will continue doing their thing.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

PZ should be banned from future Pro League for this cheap behavior. They do not deserve to represent NA as a top team. Too many abuse from them, from manipulating MMR to spam the leaderboard. I hope a dev takes a look at this.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Henrik.7560

And it continues… this time its just the stupid MMR at fault. I didn’t realise DuoQ makes you fight a full premade on ts and stuff…

Attachments:

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Ashron Valhalla.8369

Ashron Valhalla.8369

pathetic teams… no honnor… is this guild wars 2 e-sport?

(edited by Ashron Valhalla.8369)

in PvP

Posted by: BeepBoopBop.5403

BeepBoopBop.5403

Lol, how pathetic can you get. When I saw that post yesterday about possible punishment for pros abusing mechanics, I wanted to say no. But this is just ridiculous. I think at the very least, they should be barred from further participating in this season.

Koolgai Smurf – Thief | Dazin U – Mesmer | Whats Healing Power – Ranger|
I Bought Hot – Revenant | [QQ]

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Disappointing and embarassing behavior from a pro team. Hope the devs look into this.

My money is on Anet NOT doing anything since Anet’s “money” is on Team PZ and Abjured etc.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Exxcalibur.6203

Exxcalibur.6203

pathetic teams… no honor… is this guild wars 2 e-sport?

Spot on.

The whole concept of mom’s basement dwellers as anything more than meaningless is a fallacy.

“Skritt, I’m hit!"

in PvP

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

The Anet devs are in the same guilds and queue with all of these top players all the time so don’t expect anything to be done. These guys have the Anet devs in their pocket.

in PvP

Posted by: Magicarp.5640

Magicarp.5640

Tbh the Anet devs dont give a ____ about what we think, they’re just sitting in their little “E-sports” fantasy world hoping that it will catch a trend like lol or dota.

But the truth is Anet is hammering its own foot with a brick.

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

The Anet devs are in the same guilds and queue with all of these top players all the time so don’t expect anything to be done. These guys have the Anet devs in their pocket.

For real? I hope the same ANet dev doesn’t do this with the shameful people above. Manipulating MMR from a newbie is bad, but it’s understandable. Manipulating MMR from a top team? They should be ashame. I lost my respect for all the players in the first screenshot.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

At this point it doesn’t look like there’s much ANet do can. Despite the poor sportsmanship of PZ and other guilds Anet needs them to legitimise this League or admit they mismanaged it from the beginning.

With 1/2 a million on the line, there’s NO WAY they will admit they mismanaged it. So PZ will continue doing their thing.

i agree that anet screwed up from the start and should own up to it. Lets not blame these teams for crap anet pulls and refuses to fix.

I wont say who on these picture posts but i know for a fact 2 of them wont PvP without a full premade and ts.

This is suppose to be fun and rewarding, everyone remember that. If you dont enjoy this just go WvW oh wait ………………….

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

For real? I hope the same ANet dev doesn’t do this with the shameful people above. Manipulating MMR from a newbie is bad, but it’s understandable. Manipulating MMR from a top team? They should be ashame. I lost my respect for all the players in the first screenshot.

It is true. It’s probably another reason they keep team queue and solo in the same queue. I’d love to see these devs solo queue for a week with a good games worth of samples

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

It is true. It’s probably another reason they keep team queue and solo in the same queue. I’d love to see these devs solo queue for a week with a good games worth of samples

Ive seen the anet team full party without the ESL players and it isnt pretty for them. It probably reinforces that MM is working because beginning level players can play with the very best players in the game and feel like there contributing.

Its probably a great time for them running mace/torch zerker warrior and winning matches saying ohh yeah this class works great.

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

Not surprised. You give people something exploitable and they will do it. Fail as usual by A-net. There will be no punishment probably just a wink wink.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

And it continues… this time its just the stupid MMR at fault. I didn’t realise DuoQ makes you fight a full premade on ts and stuff…

haha. Another example of the failure of matchmaking. ANET, please hire someone who can figure out matchmaking. It is a complete embarassment right now.

in PvP

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

on EU some people do it aswell , argilla , collero etc.

Yup, had the same experience.

Then Collero proceeds to moan how he can’t get a queue.

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

haha. Another example of the failure of matchmaking. ANET, please hire someone who can figure out matchmaking. It is a complete embarassment right now.

Don’t worry instead of hiring people for stuff like this they spent 400k on esportz

esports is srs bidness

Attachments:

in PvP

Henrik.7560

Bump. Pips easier to lose than gain now…

Attachments:

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: knkasa.2608

knkasa.2608

I knew something like this was going to happen. At least, they should make it so that when you soloq and win, you get at least two pips.

in PvP

Posted by: MrFayth.3546

MrFayth.3546

Next weeks update!

New ascended item available

• Bag of Bowel Brix
    “Our playerbase reacted badly to an (in)action of ours, so we thought this was a good idea.”

Obtainable through forging 4 vials of salt.

Ehhh..Who am I kidding? Anet wouldn’t tell us the recipe for this new and much sought after jab to the community.

i5 4690k @4.1ghz, r7 260x 1180/1680,8Gb G.skill Ripjaw 2133, 120gb ssd Gw2+OS

(edited by MrFayth.3546)

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

This matchmaking was a funny one too:

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Don’t worry instead of hiring people for stuff like this they spent 400k on esportz

esports is srs bidness

The issue seems to be keeping people around long enough…

I mean, the shiny Glorious Armor isn’t available anymore… It seems the current team may not even be aware it exists. Even though tournaments have returned.

The new league system was basically built from scratch, and bound to have issues as it was untested and unproven.

It was ludicrous for ArenaNet to release it in December, before most of their staff disappears for the holidays.

in PvP

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

Don’t worry… the PvP “pros” are the golden children sent to us by the gods of esports to ensure that GW2 doesn’t die as a game (per a Colin post on Reddit). They grow the game in ways we don’t even know! Yet DnT gets kicked from testing for “poor sportsmanship”? At least DnT claiming a world first doesn’t affect my ability to do a raid. These guilds conning the system repeatedly and making a mockery of it all while claiming it’s to “reduce queue time” are actually manipulating matches and engaging in poor sportsmanship yet because they get sponsors – aka money – for the company… nothing happens.

I’d also love to know how me being emerald against three sapphires and two rubies has me losing 2 pips when I scored 270 points that game and had more points than the opposing team to begin with. Did I need to hit 400+ or something? The whole system is a farce, but unfortunately unranked is a wasteland of bad play due to everyone attempting to do any movement in ranked.

Ele for Hire

in PvP

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

These guilds conning the system repeatedly and making a mockery of it all

Unfortunately, it’s much, much worse. Those teams do not make a mockery of the League system, because the system is a mockery completely on its own. It is designed in such a way, that cheating and manipulating the system (while deplorable) is the only reasonable way to progress through it. If it couldn’t be manipulated, and worked perfectly, nobody (besides random outliers) would ever progress past Emerald.

In short, people cheat because the whole system is broken as kitten. Which is completely, 100% Anet’s fault.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in PvP

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

Unfortunately, it’s much, much worse. Those teams do not make a mockery of the League system, because the system is a mockery completely on its own. It is designed in such a way, that cheating and manipulating the system (while deplorable) is the only reasonable way to progress through it. If it couldn’t be manipulated, and worked perfectly, nobody (besides random outliers) would ever progress past Emerald.

In short, people cheat because the whole system is broken as kitten. Which is completely, 100% Anet’s fault.

Well yesterday I had a necro on my team who had no clue what they were doing. No finishers, no revives, strange build that obviously didn’t work. At the end of the game I realised the necro was in sapphire division. I’m still stuck in emerald. Seems that if you’re bad you can progress via easier matchups and by getting carried.

Though I doubt they will progress further than sapphire.

in PvP

Posted by: venusiano.8246

venusiano.8246

It is designed in such a way, that cheating and manipulating the system (while deplorable) is the only reasonable way to progress through it.

Seems like you nailed it.

in PvP

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Any competitive PvP system that relies on the good nature of players not to abuse it, is a bad system. The league system is supposed to determine the best PvPers, but how is that remotely possible when the system is riddled with huge exploit holes. Either they knew this would be possible but no one would do it, or they didn’t know. I’m not sure which is worse.

in PvP

Aerial Melodies.4938

Anet made the faulty system, yes. But if you abuse a faulty system in PvE, you get a ban or, in the case of DnT, a slap on the wrist and a boot from testing future raid content. Abuse the system in PvP, however, and you’re only banned if you’re not in the “pros”. Honestly, though, if pros feel the need to exploit a broken system to farm ranks (I don’t buy the queue time BS) then my guess is they’re just covering for their own inability to win because they’ve lost their luster and are instead having to resort to what amounts to cheating to get to where they think they must belong.

Ele for Hire

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Anet made the faulty system, yes. But if you abuse a faulty system in PvE, you get a ban or, in the case of DnT, a slap on the wrist and a boot from testing future raid content. Abuse the system in PvP, however, and you’re only banned if you’re not in the “pros”. Honestly, though, if pros feel the need to exploit a broken system to farm ranks (I don’t buy the queue time BS) then my guess is they’re just covering for their own inability to win because they’ve lost their luster and are instead having to resort to what amounts to cheating to get to where they think they must belong.

Thats usually how it goes, they reached the top, now the only place they can go is down, they are desperate to hold on to their fame snd prestige and are now at the “win by all means necessary” point where they will try to hold on to the top as long as possible and do whatever it takes to stay there

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

You really have no idea how broken the league advancement system is, are you? It’s not that they can’t win because they lost their luster, it’s that the system doesn’t care if you start from the top or from the bottom, and expect the same amount of improvement from everyone in order to advance. If you are already at the peak of your ability, the system will treat you way, way worse than it would treat a complete noob, even if that noob will never be even half as good as you are now.
And that’s only the beginning of the problems.

Actions, not words.

in PvP

Aerial Melodies.4938

You really have no idea how broken the league advancement system is, are you? It’s not that they can’t win because they lost their luster, it’s that the system doesn’t care if you start from the top or from the bottom, and expect the same amount of improvement from everyone in order to advance. If you are already at the peak of your ability, the system will treat you way, way worse than it would treat a complete noob, even if that noob will never be even half as good as you are now.
And that’s only the beginning of the problems.

You really think the world works in black and white, don’t you? Can you not see that discovering an exploit then abusing said exploit for your own gain while trolling other players openly in map chat about it – or even requesting opposing team to throw the match while you’ll let them cap a bit to not lose pips – is not fair nor fun play? If I’m going to lose a match, I want to lose to fun and interesting fights, not “pro” teams who feel the need to exploit to win and mock you while doing it. There’s plenty of examples of this behavior here and on reddit, but I guess encouraging you to read beyond this thread is a bit much. I’m guessing you’re one of the exploiters who wants to defend your stance on abusing the system? Keep on doing what you’re doing and acting like exploiting a broken system is okay because it exists, but Anet in the past can and has placed bans on PvE players for lesser things.

Ele for Hire

in PvP

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

pathetic teams… no honnor… is this guild wars 2 e-sport?

more like wanna be e-sport.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: bud.9246

bud.9246

Ouch… a kitten definitely died there. These guys seem like the types that would watch an accident occur – just for the fun of it.

in PvP

Astralporing.1957

Can you not see that discovering an exploit then abusing said exploit for your own gain while trolling other players openly in map chat about it – or even requesting opposing team to throw the match while you’ll let them cap a bit to not lose pips – is not fair nor fun play?

Of course it isn’t – but that’s because there’s nothing fair about the league system. It handicaps solo queuers. It handicaps better players. It severely handicaps (as in “attempts to completely stop progress”) anyone that tries to accept the system at face value and doesn’t think of ways to get around its major problems.

If I’m going to lose a match, I want to lose to fun and interesting fights, not “pro” teams who feel the need to exploit to win and mock you while doing it.

Then you’d better start asking Anet to fix the system, because it is not designed to give you what you want in the first place. Quite the opposite.

There’s plenty of examples of this behavior here and on reddit, but I guess encouraging you to read beyond this thread is a bit much. I’m guessing you’re one of the exploiters who wants to defend your stance on abusing the system?

Nah, i’m one of the Emerald soloQ noobs that get farmed by top teams, and due to wonders of the mmr system end up the day in the same spot where i started (because 50% win rate with this system means exactly that – one step back for each step made forward).

I am just coolheaded enough to recognize who is ultimately responsible for the whole mess. And i am not selfish enough to demand that the top teams should intentionally put themselves in unfavourable situation for my sake. That wouldn’t be fair either.

Actions, not words.

in PvP

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

So much fun, hopefully once more people get into Sapphire and Ruby this doesn’t happen as often. It hasn’t even been two weeks yet, so I’ll give the system the benefit of the doubt. If it continues to happen late into the season then they really need to rework their system.

Attachments:

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in PvP

Posted by: aaguilarce.1764

aaguilarce.1764

Quoting Noscoc’s twitch title from today “Pippin ain’t easy (Legend)”.

Kappa.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Anet made the faulty system, yes. But if you abuse a faulty system in PvE, you get a ban or, in the case of DnT, a slap on the wrist and a boot from testing future raid content. Abuse the system in PvP, however, and you’re only banned if you’re not in the “pros”. Honestly, though, if pros feel the need to exploit a broken system to farm ranks (I don’t buy the queue time BS)

There’s plenty of anecdotal evidence about the queue times do you have any evidence showing different?

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Pretty disgusting behavior from a “pro” team. Shocking? No, not at all.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Pro league teams should boycott and stop participating in esl tournaments and the world series as a protest to this joke of PvP we have but instead they are being puppets to anet. Who on earth would enjoy this stupid meta, I’m sure not even the top players are enjoying this meta, this is where I want to see the real gw2 community unite and pressure anet to fix and get their crap right.