Unity PvP Tournament Org.

in PvP

Posted by: jebro.6370

jebro.6370

Hey all!

SO! Some of you may have heard about a new PvP initiative, ‘’Únity Gaming Org’’.

The goal is to run monthly EU/NA GW2 Tournaments for 5v5. This Org is being set up with the community in mind in terms of participation, organisation & production.

We have a crew forming and we want YOU to get involved in any way you can.

The discord link is below:
https://discord.gg/yxUgDVW

On joining you will be able to find myself and others to communicate with if you would like to do be an admin, writer, featured youtuber, mod and more. Players are also very much encouraged to join the discord to co-ordinate in these future tournaments.

Im not messing around and want this to be a well oiled machine before launching our first tournament. My hope is to begin in early June. I realise this may seem far away for a lot of people, but it really isnt.

I welcome any questions in the comments and hope to see as many players as possible supporting the cause.

I want to talk about prizing but right now this is still a detail we are finalising.

Many thanks and see you in the discord.

Jebro

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

Thats a good initiative

in PvP

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

This is a really good initiative and I hope it catches on! I don’t have/am in a team atm,plus,I’m fairly average in terms of pvp but if this becomes a regular thing you bet I’ll be watching the streams.

I’ll also work towards maybe participating if the opportunity arises. I think a lot of pvpers are in the same spot as I am!

Good luck!

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

This is bad kitten. I hope this soars into something beautiful for the players and for the game. Posting on the forums and chatting in game is about as close as I get to the organized PvP scene but I guarantee that I’ll be watching those tourny matches as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Great idea! I will watch it…or who knows… maybe participate!

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

in PvP

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

That’s a great news. Hope it will get well. I will talk about it around me

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

in PvP

Posted by: Emmrahil.1934

Emmrahil.1934

great news . we need competitive tournaments for teams . and to be honest is better to take some time to organise it properlly than be fast . i hope me and my team can help somehow even if we are not very familair with discort . also hope Anet will give us more team tournaments too !! but great news really

in PvP

ImdA.4701

Worst part is that its actually community itself that is doing what is needed and not godkitten anet. Still 0 informations coming from them, thats fo kittenn sad

in PvP

Posted by: Project Quaak.1902

Project Quaak.1902

Awesome, thx jebro <3

Bowscoped [JFK]

in PvP

Posted by: Jazz.4639

Jazz.4639

This will be great! ofc i do my best to help

YouTube-Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7djDGHziSnUayKmXri7AbA
(Mesmer WvW/PvP-Vids/Guides).

in PvP

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Thanks for taking the initiative!

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

Sounds like fun, a few of us are looking forward to playing again.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

i imagine every one taking their laptops and desktops to summer vecations ^^

GL

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

GL

summer vacations are for casuals

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

GL

summer vacations are for casuals

Yup,only hardcores take a break in the summer from gaming :P

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

This will be just for NA or for both regions?Are you limited “pro players” to only 2 per team like some other tourneys? I heard somewhere there were going to be like 4$ tourneys with the prize pool increasing as the community donates.Great initiative i know a lot of people who have been waiting for a opportunity to play competitively again.Great work!

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Jazz.4639

Jazz.4639

This will be just for NA or for both regions?Are you limited “pro players” to only 2 per team like some other tourneys? I heard somewhere there were going to be like 4$ tourneys with the prize pool increasing as the community donates.Great initiative i know a lot of people who have been waiting for a opportunity to play competitively again.Great work!

we have admins for eu and na, so the plan is for both. about the other stuff you asked details will come later.

YouTube-Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7djDGHziSnUayKmXri7AbA
(Mesmer WvW/PvP-Vids/Guides).

in PvP

Posted by: Noil.7816

Noil.7816

Great initiative!
Regarding the participation of not-so-pro players, Sindrener talked about a Team-Captain approach. Former Pro League players each take 4 semi-pro members into their teams, scrimming with them before the tournament and teaching them the depths of structured pvp as far as possible.

in PvP

Posted by: Dustin.2793

Dustin.2793

You shouldn’t limit to who can play with who in my opinion. It’s been like 8 months since the last event and almost a year since the last pro league. No team will have more than a few “pro” players on it as is because of the state of the game. Letting people pick who they think is reliable to get on to scrim and grow as a team is important. The feeling of competitiveness is greatly reduced if you’re force fed players and log on once a week for a fiesta.

Magic Toker // Thief // The Abjured
http://www.twitch.tv/magictoker

in PvP

Posted by: Potato.2567

Potato.2567

I agree with Toker, there aren’t any “pro” players left in this game and a lot of the former average skill level players have gotten to the same level as the former pros, I don’t mind facing the Abjured every week if it means I get to at least have some competition. You can maybe increase reward spread if one team keeps winning every week, but don’t exclude high level players or this tourney will die just like the rest.

RIP Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Good thing, hope this can revive the whole PvP thing a bit. Helseth’s and Sind’s tournament was actually quite good, so maybe community organized tournaments are the way to go. Also wouldn’t mind do see some of the top players back in the ladder…

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

You shouldn’t limit to who can play with who in my opinion. It’s been like 8 months since the last event and almost a year since the last pro league. No team will have more than a few “pro” players on it as is because of the state of the game. Letting people pick who they think is reliable to get on to scrim and grow as a team is important. The feeling of competitiveness is greatly reduced if you’re force fed players and log on once a week for a fiesta.

there are still enough ESL players left to create a full team, and there is a risk of having this community-driven tournament killed at birth by a Ex-ESL Dream Team.

I think it would be a good rule while this tournament is young. Maybe at a later point when we have enough teams established, the rule can be revisited.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

insaneseagull.7063

there are still enough ESL players left to create a full team, and there is a risk of having this community-driven tournament killed at birth by a Ex-ESL Dream Team.

I think it would be a good rule while this tournament is young. Maybe at a later point when we have enough teams established, the rule can be revisited.

+1 to this. I’d be extremely demotivated if the same team won every league all the time. But at the same time if I were in the losing teams position I’d practice like hell to git gud though. But I see the point and I’m +1ing you.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

As others have said this is a great initiative! I look forward to helping and participating whenever I can!

in PvP

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Let everyone who wants to make a team and compete do so.

Eventually you might get enough teams for multiple divisions in terms of skill level (A division and AA division)

I’d like to see some more hype about a competitive scene again

in PvP

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

So, how could the community contribute to this initiative?

I was thinking maybe have a guild we can join to deposit gold into each month to serve as either a bump to the prize pool and/or to allow for runner up prizes as well. If you make the effort to do a daily it gives you 2g so those who currently don’t do dailies you could spend an extra minute or two, get the daily and donate that a few times. You don’t just have to PvP for dailies, there’s often easy WvW and PvE dailies.

I’d be willing to contribute 10-50g a month as a regular donation to begin with maybe more if I ever become a TP baron.

in PvP

ImdA.4701

I was thinking maybe have a guild we can join to deposit gold into each month to serve as either a bump to the prize pool and/or to allow for runner up prizes as well. If you make the effort to do a daily it gives you 2g so those who currently don’t do dailies you could spend an extra minute or two, get the daily and donate that a few times. You don’t just have to PvP for dailies, there’s often easy WvW and PvE dailies.

I’d be willing to contribute 10-50g a month as a regular donation to begin with maybe more if I ever become a TP baron.

I believe prize pool gonna consist of real money, and thats better for everyone.
I heard it could be donation based, like TI for Dota. Dunno if its gonna be like that but its a good idea.

(edited by ImdA.4701)

in PvP

Azukas.1426

I believe prize pool gonna consist of real money, and thats better for everyone.
I heard it could be donation based, like TI for Dota. Dunno if its gonna be like that but its a good idea.

Are they looking to get a sponsor?

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Can we not have real money on the table? The community driven tournament should be for the community. Putting money on the table just seems like it’s trying to bring back ESL, but without the actual support of ESL.

Just put some legendaries in the prize pool. Or maybe Anet will be nice and gift lege armor when that comes out.

YouTube

in PvP

ImdA.4701

Can we not have real money on the table? The community driven tournament should be for the community. Putting money on the table just seems like it’s trying to bring back ESL, but without the actual support of ESL.

Just put some legendaries in the prize pool. Or maybe Anet will be nice and gift lege armor when that comes out.

Most competitive players moved on already. Except those who are playing for competitions only, you’re not gonna make them come back with in-game stuff for a game they arent playing anymore.
Like if theres nothing special to win ill play some tournaments because i like that but i wont commit for it.

(edited by ImdA.4701)

in PvP

Crinn.7864

Then perhaps it’s time for new blood.

If people need monetary compensation in order to play this game, then it’s better for both us and them for them to move on.

The biggest complain I saw against ESL was that it was always the same people on the same rosters year after year. Having new faces and new teams would probably do the game some good.

YouTube

in PvP

jebro.6370

What Jazz said pretty much! More details inc after our first staff meeting

in PvP

jebro.6370

I have formed a guild which could def give out prizing. I want to be very careful about this as we would not be able to guarantee specifics for each Tournament. Community cash donations through matcherino are easily distributed as well. Of course people are welcome to join the guild and donate to the bank. Pls PM or mail me in game to join the guild and Ill hit people up with an invite

in PvP

jebro.6370

Money was never really the problem regarding the ESL Tournaments. Money wont be a focus of the tournament, even if every viewer gave $1 and we get a few hundred viewers its still a nice little monthly pocket money. Really we will just have to see how it works out. If money becomes an issue then we can switch to a more in game currency for winning. Really I want this to be community driven, so thanks for the feedback and pls keep it coming. Guys like you will shape it for the future

in PvP

jebro.6370

Great initiative!
Regarding the participation of not-so-pro players, Sindrener talked about a Team-Captain approach. Former Pro League players each take 4 semi-pro members into their teams, scrimming with them before the tournament and teaching them the depths of structured pvp as far as possible.

This could be something we do monthly also but separate to the cash tournament. The captains would have to be very reliable, Sind and Misha is fine, but having others would be important. Tbh even an exhibition match once a month between a misha and sind team might be pretty cool in itself

in PvP

jebro.6370

As others have said this is a great initiative! I look forward to helping and participating whenever I can!

Make sure to join the discord and send me a message

in PvP

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Then perhaps it’s time for new blood.

If people need monetary compensation in order to play this game, then it’s better for both us and them for them to move on.

The biggest complain I saw against ESL was that it was always the same people on the same rosters year after year. Having new faces and new teams would probably do the game some good.

How do you suggest ANet push new blood towards GW2’s PvP, over an established dedicated PvP game? More so with all of the faults ANet either can’t clear up or is just not interested in cleaning up? I mean if PvPers are leaving for other dedicated PvP games because of long unattended issues in GW2. Then what chances GW2 have of getting new blood who has no investment at all in GW2, but will have to put in a cash investment as a start up vs some other highly competitive dedicated “F2P” PvP game on the market.

These pipe dreams are fine to have in all. As long as yall realize that’s all they are. Until ANet puts GW2’s PvP on par with titles like DoTA, LoL, Smite, CS:GO, and the up and coming Paragon. What chance do ANet really have of getting them to partake in this clown show that’s going to cost them out of their wallets just to get the Elite Specs needed. Versus again a actually established dedicated PvP game. It’s pretty much common knowledge now to most PvP gamers to avoid GW2 like the plague, if you are looking for just decent PvP not even talking about high quality PvP that the top eSports grants.

ANet gave up because they realized that GW2 just don’t have the basic framework to compete, with PvP games that are built for competitive PvP from the foundations up. That’s why you have GW2’s PvP and WvW continuously bleeding players to other games. Which performs much better in these areas, for much less at that.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

in PvP

Crinn.7864

typical reaper alim drivel

Do you actually read the thread before you post? Or do you jump right on the Anet hate without bothering to read context on the post you are quoting.

My post was referencing that Imbda and others seem to want to push for bringing back the ESL teams, rather than giving a opportunity for players that aren’t Ex-ESL to have something to compete in. The “new blood” was referring to players that want to get in on 5s but can’t compete at full ESL level.

The entire reason that ESL was so stagnated was because there was no midpoint between the pug queues and the ESL tourneys, which resulted in a disparity that prevented any new teams from rising to ESL.

YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: Thane.9421

Thane.9421

Just wanted to say I think this is exciting news! And also that there’s nothing wrong with cash prizes, or ‘bringing back pro league players’ (quite a few still play, tbh.)

One of the many issues I think the post-HoT pvp scene had was that the pro leagues were separated out so much from the general populace. Once upon a time, it was not uncommon at high mmr to go against duo and triple queues of top tier players, and that was a good thing. We want a better skill level, to push others to get better.

Also, honestly, there’s an obvious reductio ad absurdem here. There will always be some players better than other players, and therefor always players who would ‘benefit’ by having the top players bumped off. Do we want to be left with nothing but trash? I think not.

Above all else, we need the pvp community to grow. Anet clearly isn’t doing much in this regard – or if they are, going incommunicado isn’t helping. So priority #1 should be increasing the number of active players, whether by inspiring new players, or retaining old ones. The more we have, the more possibility of multiple tournaments, the better our matchmaking, and the more attention Anet will give pvp as well.

tldr; Cash is fine, yes we want pro players, hell we want any players we can get. If spvp dies, it’ll be from low population. And thanks Jebro!

in PvP

Posted by: tehape.8407

tehape.8407

Great idea jebro.
Lets see how this works out.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Should be great fun!

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Posted by: Tomal.7516

Tomal.7516

Thanks for organizing!, Looking Forward to it

Xeon
Best Schmock EU!

in PvP

Posted by: SlaSh.5827

SlaSh.5827

Sad we cannot do one world tournament and not EU/NA separately. More teams, more cash prize, more fun more everything.

in PvP

Azukas.1426

Sad we cannot do one world tournament and not EU/NA separately. More teams, more cash prize, more fun more everything.

You can but each team would need 5 alt HoT accounts in the other region. Most pro players had them im pretty sure. I would do a champions league style tournament with each EU/NA team having one home game