Unranked: The joke

in PvP

Posted by: blakdoxa.7520

blakdoxa.7520

Seriously this is the state of pvp right now.

All of my rating is in solo ranked pvp and now there’s only unranked left, for which I have absolutely no rating in.
I can’t understand why anyone would want to suffer this garbage pail vomit of a system. There is no remote reason as to why ranked was removed and I was surprised there already wasn’t a huge stink raised about ranked being locked behind “seasons.”

Unranked is seriously unplayable at low rating and add on top of that all the the gimmicky “100 to 0 in 5 secs” builds are prolific. breaking all notions of balance and gameplay into pieces…

Since I’ve been been in unranked:
- players don’t communicate
- players zerg
- players have bad builds that get them 2 shot
- players don’t rez downed
- players don’t cap
- etc.

Hell, I’ve been trying to help people out by telling them but nothing’s been effective at all. This is just terrible and it also feels like anet is pushing the letter on premades or team arena so they can trump up support for all their upcoming competitions….
I KNOW there are people out there that just want to have a fun time in ranked and it seems more or less these people are gone…

Devona’s Rest

in PvP

Posted by: Pizz.3698

Pizz.3698

Either wait for them to reactivate ranked or just play more unranked and increase your MMR

Piiz

in PvP

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Either wait for them to reactivate ranked or just play more unranked and increase your MMR

This guy gets it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in PvP

Posted by: AurioDK.2867

AurioDK.2867

Blak, try to be on the other end of the stick, there is already a thread about it. You are absolutely right, people like f.ex. me are never going to be good at the game, meta builds and whatnot are not for me, I am there to have 30 minutes fun with a build I fancy and out again.

Unranked without all the “pros” was fun until anet took ranked offline, now all I do is getting battered by people who are far better than me, especially when facing premade groups by regular ranked people.

You must understand that there are a lot of people like me, people who just panic and are too busy looking at cooldowns and getting spanked left and right to actually notice someone who is down. When all goes wrong we are just smashing a lot of buttons at the same time hoping for a miracle and now you wondering, but how can he/she have fun? Its simple really, I like to pvp even though I suck at it.

But we do agree, I want the ranked players to go back to where they belong and leave our little playground in peace.

in PvP

Posted by: TGI FRIDAY.6275

TGI FRIDAY.6275

I get all of those things you listed in Ranked as well. I mainly solo que because I’m somewhat of a masochist and I rarely get a team that communicates. The only time anyone speaks up is when we’re losing and they start playing the blame game. Also…they removed ranked because the season hasn’t started. Go do something else while you wait. SIMPLE.AS.THAT.

in PvP

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Nope, what OP says is true. Had some truly bad players on my team yesterday, they lost a 4+lordv2. I asked how they can be so bad and they said ‘Arenanet made PvE players play PvP, blame them’.

I told them you can buy shards of glory on the TP face palm.

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

Your ranked and unranked MMR are separate. If you plan to play ranked once it becomes available, I doubt any progress you made building up your MMR now will carry over.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Chase.2798

Chase.2798

Nope, what OP says is true. Had some truly bad players on my team yesterday, they lost a 4+lordv2. I asked how they can be so bad and they said ‘Arenanet made PvE players play PvP, blame them’.

I told them you can buy shards of glory on the TP face palm.

Fyi they are playing it for potions of pvp reward which are needed to improve the guild hall, some with never having played anything but pve and not even at a high level, i have seen multiple pve guilds looking for people to get these for them bc they have a problem finding 1 game a dayk they can win

Big Papa Chase – Warrior and Guardian
Papa’s Lady Luck- Necro
(HELL)