Unranked broken?

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: sanctuary.1068

sanctuary.1068

Ok so i was on a solid win streak for weeks and all a sudden i get lose streak however i play the game. I have more wins than losses, might as well mention that. Now however since 3 days, even if i tank 2 players at far my team manage to die when they are outmanning somewhere else. Did you tweak matchmaking again Anet?

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Unranked doesn’t have matchmaking.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Varezenem.2813

Varezenem.2813

Unranked does have matchmaking and AFAIK it’s the same that was used before leagues on ranked. Perhaps with a few modifications they made to make queue time lower.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Burn.5401

Unranked does have matchmaking and AFAIK it’s the same that was used before leagues on ranked. Perhaps with a few modifications they made to make queue time lower.

Matches have literally nothing in common, people are being randomly thrown around. That’s why almost nobody even bothers playing during offseason.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

Matches have literally nothing in common, people are being randomly thrown around. That’s why almost nobody even bothers playing during offseason.

Are you aware that not playing increases your MMR deviation? It’s because of this that you are getting more unbalanced matches.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Fivedawgs.4267

Fivedawgs.4267

Pretty much what Varezenem said, folks are coming back since ranked is supposed to start on monday.

And it’s amizing how people want great Unranked games without playing unranked, as if the match maker would better itself for them. Needless to say, the game in unranked are very balanced, the only issue (not to me) with it, is that ranked players who ignore unranked for whatever reason might ended playing on a team below thier skill level. But this isn’t the matchmaker fault, this change was made so the casual could be separated from the pvpers. So, if you want good games, the first step is To play Unranked

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: gindoom.6032

gindoom.6032

same issue as OP

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Burn.5401

Pretty much what Varezenem said, folks are coming back since ranked is supposed to start on monday.

And it’s amizing how people want great Unranked games without playing unranked, as if the match maker would better itself for them. Needless to say, the game in unranked are very balanced, the only issue (not to me) with it, is that ranked players who ignore unranked for whatever reason might ended playing on a team below thier skill level. But this isn’t the matchmaker fault, this change was made so the casual could be separated from the pvpers. So, if you want good games, the first step is To play Unranked

As always you’re projecting so hard. Somehow from mine and other people’s posts with complaints about unranked you assumed that we don’t play unranked. How does that even make sense? I’m sitting at 500 “unranked” games since season 1 and somehow I don’t think that having 10k games will result in better matchups with the current algorithm. We already suggested keeping the ranked mmr during offseasons for better games when Evan asked a month ago but nothing’s been done. It’s like they feel threatened that people will get burned out from pvp inbetween seasons and wont play as much during the leagues when the exact opposite is happening. I don’t feel like playing S3 with overwatch/other games just around the corner when I can’t even get a single proper warmup match with competent players beforehand.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Unranked games are not balanced for kitten, it pretty much works like matching a r100 and a r900 with two r500, which is dumb af

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

As always you’re projecting so hard. Somehow from mine and other people’s posts with complaints about unranked you assumed that we don’t play unranked. How does that even make sense? I’m sitting at 500 “unranked” games since season 1 and somehow I don’t think that having 10k games will result in better matchups with the current algorithm. We already suggested keeping the ranked mmr during offseasons for better games when Evan asked a month ago but nothing’s been done. It’s like they feel threatened that people will get burned out from pvp inbetween seasons and wont play as much during the leagues when the exact opposite is happening. I don’t feel like playing S3 with overwatch/other games just around the corner when I can’t even get a single proper warmup match with competent players beforehand.

So let me get this right:

- so you only have 500 unranked games played, right?
-And you also think that having 10k games won’t improve your games quality.

Yet you pretend to know how the unrank algorithm works? Which lead me to my question, what is your semblance of unranked?

Unranked games are not balanced for kitten, it pretty much works like matching a r100 and a r900 with two r500, which is dumb af

What about it is wrong (beside the issue mentioned above)? and also unranked doesn’t solely segregate based on MMR.

(edited by Fivedawgs.4267)

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Varezenem.2813

This is what I suppose explains OPs problem since this week the return of the ranked season was announced more players started playing unranked again. Since these players haven’t played unranked for a good while their ratings have a high deviation.

Senbu Ren[Wind]
Herald of Ventari

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Yet you pretend to know how the unrank algorithm works? Which lead me to my question, what is your semblance of unranked?

What about it is wrong (beside the issue mentioned above)? and also unranked doesn’t solely segregate based on MMR.

Not only theres 0 reasons to play it, but even when you play it just for fun you get matched with and against ppl of totally different skill lvl, and that may be trying to win or not, cause casual/competitive players are thrown on the same queue.. Its a pointless clown fiesta.

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

Not only theres 0 reasons to play it, but even when you play it just for fun you get matched with and against ppl of totally different skill lvl, and that may be trying to win or not, cause casual/competitive players are thrown on the same queue.. Its a pointless clown fiesta.

Here are the facts, someone who 10k games will rarely get match with or Gaiam st someone with 500 or 1k or 2k games… And the casual and competitve players are also thrown together in ranked, so what’s your point?? Unranked actually reduce the likehood of having a non-exclusive pvp player on your team by taking into account the number of games played. Hence, the chances, for someone with +3k unranked games, to be matched with or against a non exclusive pvp player are kind of low.

Well, I guess you are where you belong since you don’t take unranked seriously, if you ever decide to have a cage of heart, here are the steps towards redemption:

-Play Unranked
-Start Caring about your Unranked games because everytime you lose your unranked MMR decrease, and for a casual unranked player like yourself, the deviation is probably high.

Ps: all unranked games are competitve or 5 vs 5, so they are pretty fair and balanced like fox news; unlIke S2.

Unranked is here to stay, and you are doing yourself a disfavor by ignoring it.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

As someone who lurks over to PvP… do you really want me to play 500 and more games to slowly get somewhere where I am supposed to be or did I just totally get that wrong?

Judging from your emphasis on the word “only” 500 games.
That’d be a bummer.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Hanza.6872

Hanza.6872

Unranked isn’t really broken. But it is very versatile!

This week I’ve played against ESL players and complete beginners in follow-up matches. Probably because this account is new to pvp, giving it a high range of MMR to choose from. It might need a tweak to narrow the range sooner.

But seeing how in unranked people refuse to swap classes, even though it’s clear the balance between teams is huge makes it a very situational. Which is probably why the system is as it is.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Here are the facts, someone who 10k games will rarely get match with or Gaiam st someone with 500 or 1k or 2k games… And the casual and competitve players are also thrown together in ranked, so what’s your point?? Unranked actually reduce the likehood of having a non-exclusive pvp player on your team by taking into account the number of games played. Hence, the chances, for someone with +3k unranked games, to be matched with or against a non exclusive pvp player are kind of low.

Well, I guess you are where you belong since you don’t take unranked seriously, if you ever decide to have a cage of heart, here are the steps towards redemption:

-Play Unranked
-Start Caring about your Unranked games because everytime you lose your unranked MMR decrease, and for a casual unranked player like yourself, the deviation is probably high.

Ps: all unranked games are competitve or 5 vs 5, so they are pretty fair and balanced like fox news; unlIke S2.

Sorry mate, but ppl just playing for the daily/waiting for tq to respawn dont play rank. On rank I dont get matched with ppl that 3v1 on an owned node for 0 reasons, die 4v3 and stuff like this. I played a match once against double thief, one of them was sindrener, the other one was asking on map chat basic pvp mechanics. I’ve tried to play unrank srlsy cause I needed to test necro builds since the nerf, but how im supposed to do so when I can easily 2v1 and still get zerked from another node cause my team died, or otherwise see how a good enemy player is keeping busy 2 teammates but we still own the map? I just ask to get matched with and against same rating players, not this clown fiesta.

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

-Play Unranked

Sorry mate, but ppl just playing for the daily/waiting for tq to respawn dont play rank. On rank I dont get matched with ppl that 3v1 on an owned node for 0 reasons, die 4v3 and stuff like this. I played a match once against double thief, one of them was sindrener, the other one was asking on map chat basic pvp mechanics. I’ve tried to play unrank srlsy cause I needed to test necro builds since the nerf, but how im supposed to do so when I can easily 2v1 and still get zerked from another node cause my team died, or otherwise see how a good enemy player is keeping busy 2 teammates but we still own the map? I just ask to get matched with and against same rating players, not this clown fiesta.

First, the S2 season algorithm should be used as a ranked metric. Yeah, true you wont get daily chaser on ranked instead you get achievements chaser but thats the subject for another discussion.

As someone who lurks over to PvP… do you really want me to play 500 and more games to slowly get somewhere where I am supposed to be or did I just totally get that wrong?

Judging from your emphasis on the word “only” 500 games.
That’d be a bummer.

First, here is how unranked MMR works..

Structured Player vs. Player

Changed matchmaking to use games played per arena instead of rank. For example, matchmaking in Unranked Arena will consider total Unranked games played.
Changed matchmaking to not consider rating deviation. Deviation is still used when updating ratings as part of the Glicko algorithm.
Changed matchmaking to have a smaller fixed starting rating search range instead of using rating deviation.
Changed matchmaking to use inflated party ratings when scoring potential rosters against each other. Inflated party rating is still used when collecting the initial roster list.
Changed matchmaking to favor queue time less. This prevents other scoring factors from being obscured.
Changed matchmaking to not favor rosters with unique professions and instead disfavor rosters with duplicate professions. This prevents other scoring factors from being obscured.
Changed default rating to a lower value to account for the removal of deviation adjustments in matchmaking.
Fixed a bug in matchmaking in which rosters could be skipped when forming teams.
Fixed a bug in matchmaking in which guild teams were not properly favored to play against each other.
Fixed a bug in Ranked Arena matches in which players who never connected show as amber division on the scoreboard.
Fixed a bug in which players would unintentionally get dishonor.
Forfeits are reenabled. Losing a game in which a teammate received dishonor will result in a forfeit. Players partied with the dishonorable player receive a desertion on loss, but they will not get dishonor.

And here is a Dev explanation of the first change:

Also, for the first point “Changed matchmaking to use games played per arena instead of rank. For example, matchmaking in Unranked Arena will consider total Unranked games played.”

I’m a little confused; I thought the total number of games was already used in the MMR?

Games-played was not including in matchmaking scoring before. Rank was similar, but could have been gained in varying PvP environments (like custom arenas) and has a cap to it. Now, two players in unranked that both have 500 unranked games played will score better than a player with 500 and a player with 200.

Do you think , the change was justified or not? if not, then i am going to have to explain why this change was needed.

And ill use the following analogy:

unranked player with 5k+ games = WvW player with 10 ascended/legendary
Unranked player with less than 1k games = WvW player asking Anet to standardize armor or weapon set in WvW.

Reward in pvp = good games

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

So in short, you don’t take unranked seriously but you want your teammates to take the game seriously at your whim,, ok ..

Think about what you just said, genius. Im complaining about unrank cause casual/competitive players are thrown together, and you’re highlighting precisely this problem, theres no way for a type of player to get matched with similar players, nor by rating nor by motivation to play.

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Mightybird.6034

Mightybird.6034

Wait why do people think league starts up again monday (tomorrow?)

Been searching and can’t find any news.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

So in short, you don’t take unranked seriously but you want your teammates to take the game seriously at your whim,, ok ..

Think about what you just said, genius. Im complaining about unrank cause casual/competitive players are thrown together, and you’re highlighting precisely this problem, theres no way for a type of player to get matched with similar players, nor by rating nor by motivation to play.

misread you there, so how many unranked games you have again?

@mightybird

Thanks for the comms, Gaile, we definitely appreciate it. Any update on when Season 3 starts? We’re all dying to know.

Next week.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

2k.
What for?

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Fivedawgs.4267

2k.
What for?

You are pretty much around the mean, so idk whats happening with you? or could it be that you are always matched with folks who are trying a new build?? Maybe it’s due to the influx on seasonal ranked players?? That could also be a factor. And the MM take your number of unranked games played + your MMR.

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

2k.
What for?

You are pretty much around the mean, so idk whats happening with you? or could it be that you are always matched with folks who are trying a new build?? Maybe it’s due to the influx on seasonal ranked players?? That could also be a factor. And the MM take your number of unranked games played + your MMR.

It has nothing to do with me, everyone gets random matches with both low/high rated players, making games unfun to play. But matchmaking is just one of the problems, so w/e

M I L K B O I S

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Posted by: Highlie.7641

Highlie.7641

The great part about this is that the people complaining about match making now where bragging about being legendary.
So now that you have to suffer with the same poor match making we had to put up with all season what do you think?

Unranked broken?

in PvP

Krysard.1364

The great part about this is that the people complaining about match making now where bragging about being legendary.
So now that you have to suffer with the same poor match making we had to put up with all season what do you think?

That its not the same matchmaking. Ranked matchmaking tries to match similar skill-level players on the same team. Unrank doesnt

M I L K B O I S