Unranked has been fun

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

My queue times are short. The games are close.

It’s just more fun. I suspect many of the people who love PvP and did not win the slot machine in Ranked Amber or Emerald just went to unranked.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

People say, “but Unranked doesn’t tell me how good I am”.

And Ranked accurately does?

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

If they move to unranked and not quit this is good news :-). It´s like it should be.
I also play unranked if learning new builds/classes and only go to ranked with my main.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

People who keep talking about the slot machine act like it only happens to them. There are people who are making their way through divisions, solo queue and with terrible teammates. Yet, there you sit still blaming a system (it’s not perfect) for your losses while others are making their way through it.

Separately from that, get a team together. It solves all of your problems and you can’t blame the system any longer for your “slot machine” teammates.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Zenral.3958

Zenral.3958

People who keep talking about the slot machine act like it only happens to them. There are people who are making their way through divisions, solo queue and with terrible teammates. Yet, there you sit still blaming a system (it’s not perfect) for your losses while others are making their way through it.

Separately from that, get a team together. It solves all of your problems and you can’t blame the system any longer for your “slot machine” teammates.

I know you’re trying to be Anet’s white knight here but with a system this flawed, such options decrease the more players grow bored/boycott PvP. I’m one of the unfortunate ones whose on a constant losing streak and it’s not encouraging at all to keep trying, let alone bother doing something that automatically sets you up to lose every match.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

I know you’re trying to be Anet’s white knight here but with a system this flawed, such options decrease the more players grow bored/boycott PvP. I’m one of the unfortunate ones whose on a constant losing streak and it’s not encouraging at all to keep trying, let alone bother doing something that automatically sets you up to lose every match.

What makes you so special that they are targeting you? I mean, if others are getting through the system why has A-Net made it so YOU can’t? It has to be the system right? Some games you have no choice but to carry.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Zenral.3958

What makes you so special that they are targeting you? I mean, if others are getting through the system why has A-Net made it so YOU can’t? It has to be the system right? Some games you have no choice but to carry.

Yeah but when it passes the 10th game in a row, with scores like 500-50 you’ve got to ask yourself if it’s truly you or if the system is setting you up. I’m not the only case and you’ve got pages and pages to further prove my point. Once again, stop trying to be Anet’s white knight because you’re one of the lucky ones mate, no one’s buying it.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Yeah but when it passes the 10th game in a row, with scores like 500-50 you’ve got to ask yourself if it’s truly you or if the system is setting you up. I’m not the only case and you’ve got pages and pages to further prove my point. Once again, stop trying to be Anet’s white knight because you’re one of the lucky ones mate, no one’s buying it.

Who is trying to be a white knight?

The reality is you have two buckets of players. If what you’re saying is true then everyone would be lumped into the same bucket, but they are not. Explain to me how they were able to move forward in the divisions?

I have been grouped with several people claiming that it’s the system. When I see them play, it isn’t the system.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Zenral.3958

The reality is you have two buckets of players. If what you’re saying is true then everyone would be lumped into the same bucket, but they are not. Explain to me how they were able to move forward in the divisions?

I have been grouped with several people claiming that it’s the system. When I see them play, it isn’t the system.

I wish that was the case but it isn’t. There are continous reports, screenshots and claims players are forced into these dead awful teams and lose due to their low MMR, and here you are trying to prove otherwise with no substance of evidence to further prove your point(s). In addition, unranked matches seem to render better results in term of close scores and competition than Ranked matches ever have thus far.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Pyriall,

When three of your teammates start by running to cap home as a group…explain that as your personal problem.

When they then as a group go take down the beast, dungeon style, explain that as a personal problem.

When they die and return to the game be running into an outnumbered fight and dying again, explain that.

And how to you “carry” 3 people doing that, when you against a team that is playing properly? I mean specifically, not in general terms. “Talk to them”? They aren’t listening.

You don’t have time to explain such basics to them.

(edited by Laserbolt.6731)

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Pyriall,

When three of your teammates start by running to cap home as a group…explain that as your personal problem.

When they then as a group go take down the beast, dungeon style, explain that as a personal problem.

When they die and return to the game be running into an outnumbered fight and dying again, explain that.

And how to you “carry” 3 people doing that, when you against a team that is playing properly? I mean specifically, not in general terms. “Talk to them”? They aren’t listening.

You make it seem as if you’re the only one experiencing this. I have experienced it and I have lost matches because of it. I have also won matches where it happens. So you tell me, why are others able to move forward in divisions but there are people on 20 + game losing streaks.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Zenral.3958

Pyriall,

You make it seem as if you’re the only one experiencing this. I have experienced it and I have lost matches because of it. I have also won matches where it happens. So you tell me, why are others able to move forward in divisions but there are people on 20 + game losing streaks.

Just stop it Pyriall. You’re ignoring everybody’s points here while still being steadfast onto proving more than half the community the opposite of this flawed system, or is Anet by any chance paying you to troll now?

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

I wish that was the case but it isn’t. There are continous reports, screenshots and claims players are forced into these dead awful teams and lose due to their low MMR, and here you are trying to prove otherwise with no substance of evidence to further prove your point(s). In addition, unranked matches seem to render better results in term of close scores and competition than Ranked matches ever have thus far.

No substance? People are moving through divisions. That’s all the substance you need. It’s funny that you say unranked matches are closer…I think there’s a reason for that. The people who are exceling in ranked are staying in ranked. Those who are failing are dropping to unranked which is essentially Sapphire and below.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Pyriall.1683

Pyriall,

Just stop it Pyriall. You’re ignoring everybody’s points here while still being steadfast onto proving more than half the community the opposite of this flawed system, or is Anet by any chance paying you to troll now?

I’m not ignoring them. I have read them and understand what they’re trying to say. You on the other hand are ignoring completely that in order for what you are saying to be true then no one would be advancing through divisions.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Laserbolt.6731

Pyriall,

Every blowout win for you team is a blowout loss for the opposing team.

The current matchmaker tries to move higher MMRs out of a division quickly on a “win streak conveyor belt.” Which is unfortunately a blowout conveyor belt for the lower MMR team.

Honestly now, (I mean, honestly) in how many of your wins in Amber through Emerald did you win by 350 points or more? Probably most.

Even an Abjured member got “stuck” in Amber and posted a rant YouTube video, eventually removing it.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

Please go and feed the high MMR teams as efficiently as possible. Your master demands.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’m not having much fun with anything because every match has 5 or more reapers in it. I’ve played 2 ranked games in the past 2 days and both of them had 5 or more reapers.

And this is not an MMR whine post, I have been winning and am in ruby division, but the reaper spam is making me stop playing.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Current system is trying to make your ladder place reflect your MMR.
It achieved its designed goal. But whether it creates enough fun games for everyone is very debatable.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Torafugu.1087

Torafugu.1087

It achieved its designed goal. But whether it creates enough fun games for everyone is very debatable.

It achieved its designed goal. but whether that MMR reflect anything for anyone is very debatable.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Dirtyrascal.1023

Dirtyrascal.1023

Except it hasn’t achieved it’s design goal because players cannot go down divisions. The system cannot equalise if there isn’t complete freedom of movement in both directions.

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Siren.2843

Siren.2843

This is true, unranked matches have had people in them that rotated, talked, and gg-ed the opposing team for winning by only a noselength. Who needs ranked anyways? wanna pvp? play unranked. Want a beating because you get off on it? play ranked.

I sound a tad cynical, but I’m actually happy that S2 didn’t ENTIRELY ruin my pvp experience.

(edited by Siren.2843)

Unranked has been fun

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

In Amber i had a huge number of these blowouts. Afterwards it´s much less. Yes it still can happen but i have a more close ones.
Yesterday a thief asked which rune he shall take befor game start. Guess the rest of the team got a headace. We carried him and he did what a thief does. —> Move a lot and decap so i gues he was experienced but tried thief. So a team can propably carry one but one usually can´t carry 3-4.
Is unraked more fun? Somethimes. Unranked games can also differ greatly. It all depends on humans. The motives vary. Some play for fun, some try builds, some just do daylies, and some might AFK because they forgot the pot on the stove …