Unranked is getting so annoying.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is how bad unranked is, Helseth reviewing an unranked match he was involved in. The other players are unbelievably bad:

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

cool story bruh.

in PvP

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

This is how bad unranked is, Helseth reviewing an unranked match he was involved in. The other players are unbelievably bad:

Am I allowed to lmfao?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Just pray that someone at ANET gets a clue and hires someone who knows how to implement matchmaking. It is embarassing at this point.

in PvP

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

What? What was the difference with ranked games lol. I found that to be just the same but worse because there were far more bunker crap in ranked. At least in unranked you had the freedom to do what the he’ll you like and ran what ever.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in PvP

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

“this is unranked”

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

in PvP

Posted by: setdog.1592

setdog.1592

the problem isnt the game its your expectations.

the vast majority of players are just there to have fun, and not actually “try”.

its entertainment, its not a professional football match.

i dont understand why people playing this game expect it to be a “serious” affair.

its entertainment.

its like listening to some guy complain about the strategy of a 3rd grade sporting event, or like being lectured by a boss from mcdonalds about how people should take their jobs more seriously.

i mean what are you complaining about? you’re at home, sitting in a chair, probably slurping on a soda and clicking buttons. youre not really doing anything.

(edited by setdog.1592)

in PvP

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

All the people saying “this is unranked”

Stop deluding yourselves there are a lot of bad players in ranked too.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Never saw any ranked match as bad as the match in the helseth video above.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Never saw any ranked match as bad as the match in the helseth video above.

True. Even my worst ranked match was better than any unranked I have now.

in PvP

Posted by: Syde.5961

Syde.5961

the vast majority of players are just there to have fun, and not actually “try”.

i dont understand why people playing this game expect it to be a “serious” affair.

its entertainment.

its like listening to some guy complain about the strategy of a 3rd grade sporting event, or like being lectured by a boss from mcdonalds about how people should take their jobs more seriously.

i mean what are you complaining about? you’re at home, sitting in a chair, probably slurping on a soda and clicking buttons. youre not really doing anything.

The problem is that this game is trying to be eSports. Competitive gamers are investing both their money and time into this, because like a professional football player, they have to constantly train. Like many people who have jobs, these competitive gamers do to and those jobs consist of them playing video games. Either making money from streaming or winning prize money. Don’t belittle someones job or rise to one b/c you don’t understand or acknowledge it.
If the game truly wants to become eSports it needs to appease that audience not the PvE heroes that are constantly complaining that a nerf to “blah blah blah” will kill their dps in PvE nor the people like yourself who think of the game solely as a game.

Og Salmonder [oT] – Warrior
Stormbluff Isle

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

LOL helseth does the best post game analysts commentary.

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I have seen ranked and unranked games as bad as that…yeah. Just the pit falls of solo q-ing in conjunction with the…uh….“interesting” matchmaking system, I guess.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

i love getting 800 achievement point players who get confused why necromancers have 2 hp bars. its just best to afk these games, after all they dont even notice ur afk :*)

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

TLDR: We have pro players trolling and match maker that puts pros with baddies in the same game. Fix unranked matchmaking and we can have real games

unranked match making is just bad I do not understand how it works. I have Helseth my team trolling on mes. one baddy and the rest mid tier or higher players.

Story:
I tell a friend to go watch his stream to understand what Helseth is thinking. He bad mouths the entire team before the start of the match just because of their names. I realize he is trolling to boost viewer ratings.

Match proceeds we have 1 noob player. other team has a good thief, Helseth gets farmed by the thief. Thief spends half the game farming Helseth. He is trolling playing mes and not playing well. Thus we get kitten fests of pro players, good players, average player and baddies all in one game. This is why unranked is bad. the game was lost when other team caps bot buff in temple and we could not recover. The level of play was much higher than the video he uses to show how bad unranked is but it still lead to a bad game.

PS: I bring up Helseth only because you used his video as example could have been any other supposed to be good player or pro mixed in with players mixed in with players from each end of the skill spectrum.

in PvP

Posted by: TheAngryDuckling.5481

TheAngryDuckling.5481

Yes pls, without ranked the toxic kitten hats infest unranked

in PvP

Posted by: setdog.1592

setdog.1592

its entertainment.

The problem is that this game is trying to be eSports. Competitive gamers are investing both their money and time into this, because like a professional football player, they have to constantly train. Like many people who have jobs, these competitive gamers do to and those jobs consist of them playing video games. Either making money from streaming or winning prize money. Don’t belittle someones job or rise to one b/c you don’t understand or acknowledge it.
If the game truly wants to become eSports it needs to appease that audience not the PvE heroes that are constantly complaining that a nerf to “blah blah blah” will kill their dps in PvE nor the people like yourself who think of the game solely as a game.

So then complain about RANKED, not UNRANKED.

in PvP

Posted by: Zuik.7158

Zuik.7158

I want to practise classes when my team can’t play much but it feels like I’m farming people in WvW. The matchmaking is so unbiased currently that I can queue at peak time and get maybe one or two names I recognise in each match.

Stranger danger.

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

There is no incentive to play when most games are decided by matchmaking already and have 0 competition. Many people realy would’nt mind if u activated ranked without leaderboard/special rewards.

and they could maybe change the mmr in unranked.
It puts people of all mmr ranges together. I believe it should have less wide of an mmr range between people in unranked than it currently has.

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

As long as match making does not put players with similar skill together there is no match making worth the name …

in PvP

Posted by: Valkyriez.6578

Valkyriez.6578

My last 6 games have been finished with a less then 100 point difference. The MM has been working fine today.

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

You can have fun and try to win too.

How is it weird to expect people to actually try to win when they join a match?

Its annoying when you try to win a game and 2 people for example out of your team ignore all objectives.

Something doesnt have to be professional for people to actually try.

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

I won’t ever understand why you launch GW2 when ranked is disabled.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

I won’t ever understand why you launch GW2.

Fixed