Unranked is sinfully boring

in PvP

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

It takes players from a ridiculously large MMR range and throws them on a team. I don’t like to farm players. Players don’t like to be farmed. I don’t sit alt-tabbing for 5-10 min (which is a problem in itself) to play an uncompetitive match with players who don’t know basic rotations.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

But what will be done? Let’s keep pushing the playerbase and leaving or poor decision making to rot on the community while they rightfully express their discontent on the forums. No hope of progress or headway to be made. Another 20+ days wondering why I even bother.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

unranked is more fun than ranked unless you consider raging kids and neckbeards immensely entertaining

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

Yes, please, turn ranked on. Unranked is just not interesting to play. Too many of low skilled/new players.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Yes it feels totaly random…..

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

I am with you OP.

Many good players tried different build in unranked, meaning their MMR is not that high. Many people did dodge unranked queue a lot, so their MMR start high. It will eventually become better.

Unranked is fun when you play with two other guyz. So, you can carry the two other random guyz versus that bad premade. Really much more fun that way than having random result match after match.

To resume:
Ask friends to trio queue with you.

In case you need more friends, join MISTCORE pvp guild no string attached (no rep required). Ask me in game for some matches.

Dal

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Blue Hare.8612

Blue Hare.8612

I think they mentioned that matchmaking takes into account the matches played per arena, meaning that ranked and unranked have separate mmr. So those highly skilled players who only play ranked would have verry low mmr in unranked. Now that the season has ended and these players who can’t play ranked anymore are forced to play unranked, we get situations in which ambers and legendaries are playing together.

I’m more of a PvE player and didn’t really play ranked at all (couple of tiers in amber) and now whenever I play unranked sPvP I see ppl with the precursor wings.

{Lepus Timidus}

in PvP

Posted by: Nova Stiker.8396

Nova Stiker.8396

Who the heck takes unranked seriously? Guys, it’s just hotjoin except you cannot swap teams.

Honestly ArenaNet, just rename it to Random Arenas and you keep playing with the team you’re given till you lose.

in PvP

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

your unranked MMR is just low since you never play it
keep playing

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

For me it’s like a test bed. Lets me play with builds, have epic 1 v 3’s that I actually win some time, and sets me against people so good that they nuke me in like 5 seconds. I actually don’t mind the losing, I’ll run right up and 1 v 1 them again and see if I can last 6 seconds the next time. I actually find that sometimes those matchups provide evolutionary vs. itterative insight for me. But I can see if you’re really good that it would just feel like a bunch of sub par un-interesting matches.

in PvP

Posted by: shion.2084

shion.2084

Oh, like for fun I’ve been trying out a theif killing build since that class seems to be the fotw. I send out a map chat that claims I have an invinicible theif killing build then sit on home and wait. It provides great entertainment (it’s not really invincible against folks who know what they’re doing but gives me great practice getting ganked by theives). AND it helps the thieves I nuke with it learn about the basic drawbacks to their new found seeming invincibility.

in PvP

Posted by: bbennett.7463

bbennett.7463

You got about 3 more weeka* m8. better suck it up

(edited by bbennett.7463)

in PvP

Hammerguard.9834

weeks*

Even if the seperate unranked MMR thing was true it still doesn’t change the fact that the MMR range used for unranked is massive. When I play a match with/against pro league players the game sprinkles randoms to fill in the gaps.

… I still want tengu.

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

It wouldn’t really make sense to have all this language about “seasons” if ranked arena was always available. That being said I’d be fine with ranked play always being available.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

So not the drama! I did lots of unranked during the season anyway because ranked had too many issues. They’re hopefully mostly gonna be resolved next season instead of made worse but sounds good so far.

Oh, like for fun I’ve been trying out a thief killing build since that class seems to be the fotw. I send out a map chat that claims I have an invincible thief killing build then sit on home and wait. It provides great entertainment (it’s not really invincible against folks who know what they’re doing but gives me great practice getting ganked by thieves). AND it helps the thieves I nuke with it learn about the basic drawbacks to their new found seeming invincibility.

So how would your build deal with a dragonhunter or necro? The universe doesn’t revolve around thieves. Since dodge cleanses cripple you’re totally going to want weakness application and that’ll be useful against anyone since it’s the opposite of vigor.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Currently unranked match making is too random.

It feels like you either get a match you cannot win or you will win so easily that you can almost half sleep at your keyboard. E.g. my last match was a 500-28 win.
Both teams had 4 premade players. I was playing a warrior and I always solo queue. Previous games included embarrassing losses like 222-500.

I am still waiting for a real solo queue, sighs…

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This has nothing to do with ranked vs unranked. Ranked only worked in seasons due to the ladder.

The current unranked matchmaking is basically ANET giving up. They admit that they have no clue how to handle matchmaking.

ANET, please hire someone to handle matchmaking. It is horrible.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

I think it might be because the player base had dropped down. If there is less players to match, then no matter what is the algorithm, the match making is going to be bad, unless players can accept very long queue times. Anyways with small player base, the results at best will be a compromise.

Now there are no leagues/ranked, which obviously has a negative effect on the number of players. Arenanet did some drastic unwise balance decisions, like deleting several amulets, which also deleted many valid builds and play styles. I don’t think everybody enjoys the current “burst first to win” meta. Mesmers and elementalists were top dogs in previous meta, but after Jan 29 patch they became medium rank at best. Warriors are still in the bottom of the pit. I think because of this changes, many players just left spvp and GW2.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]