Unranked matches quality

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

So I just faced 2 p/p thieves that shot themselves to death. I don’t know if I can survive this 1 month with this matches quality.

It really baffles me how people say unranked matches are fun. It’s more like a circus really.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Zynt.5769

Zynt.5769

Reminds me of video Helseth did on unranked matches after season 1 ended. He put on some circus music in the background, because it pretty much summed up the entire match he’d recorded. He ended up just messing around instead of playing seriously and still won lol.

I think some people will be saying unranked is better, because they don’t end up on the team with the players you just described, whereas in ranked they end up on those players teams.

Obviously not all players will be saying it for that reason, but since some players are having a hard time getting wins in ranked, they’ll be happy to get some wins in unranked.

Having said that, I was finding unranked better than ranked, until it become pretty much what you said, a circus where you just get wins for not really having to try.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

It’s more like a circus really.

This. During season 2 I decided to try out ranked only to have to be rank 20 before joining. The unranked matches were terrible to slog through. These two are probably working together to prevent newer players from bothering with ranked seasons.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Sooloo.1364

Sooloo.1364

The point of unranked is to test new builds and strategies, hone your skills in a less stressful environment. Yeah I guess you get players not taking it seriously but then do we expect the games to be competitive? People who want competition can always open a private room and go at it with friends or guilds.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Unranked MMR is different from Ranked.

You need to work out your MMR to have better matches.

Helseth going in unranked after many months of MMR decay got teams of his mmr level… He just need to play a couple more game, but yeah. Helseth don’t know jack about how MMR affect your Matches.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

How do you work it out? Somehow I ended up with a really high MMR but I’m not sure how I managed to do that. It’s nice to have, but it would also be nice to know how I achieved it since all I did was play the game.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

How do you work it out? Somehow I ended up with a really high MMR but I’m not sure how I managed to do that. It’s nice to have, but it would also be nice to know how I achieved it since all I did was play the game.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

Working his MMR means you play the best class/role/build you can.

Each game you go for winning. If you lost, you should learn why.

Then go back again, winning.

Playing 5 games a week, is not enough. At least, you need to have more wins versus good guyz and no lose versus bad guyz to have a MMR progression.

It’s easier if you trio queue with people you know can do the work. The Trio help because you have one for home, the other for mid and the third for roamer to +1 fights.

A good trick to wins more, is to adapt to your comp and enemy comp. To do this, you need to have a build design versus condies ready for when it’s need, a roamer great mobility build and a bunker support build.

No support on your team, say in team chat that you are switching to Tempest.

No thief, revenant, mesmer for roaming? Say to your team you switch to revenant.

The faster way to work your MMR, is to play with high MMR players and win games.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

The point of unranked is to test new builds and strategies, hone your skills in a less stressful environment. Yeah I guess you get players not taking it seriously but then do we expect the games to be competitive? People who want competition can always open a private room and go at it with friends or guilds.

+1^ Anyone who expects to get consistently good games in unranked is deluding themselves. I go to Unranked to test new classes/new builds. I’m without a doubt playing something that im not familiar with and as such will not be playing my best.

I “expect” a good percentage of my team mates will be doing the same and so do not really care whether i win or lose, so long as im learning from the match which was my intention all along.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Jourdelune.7456

+1^ Anyone who expects to get consistently good games in unranked is deluding themselves. I go to Unranked to test new classes/new builds. I’m without a doubt playing something that im not familiar with and as such will not be playing my best.

I “expect” a good percentage of my team mates will be doing the same and so do not really care whether i win or lose, so long as im learning from the match which was my intention all along.

Lol.

Matches into Unranked at proper MMR are way better than Legendary at division entry.

Even if people take it less seriously, are trying new things or don’t play meta… they usually know how to rotate, if they should do that 1v1 or not and be where they are need.

Rotations is not really hard to understand, but many people simply don’t know what it means.

It’s way easier to find your weak link in unranked (to wins matches) than to carry 4 bads into ranked queue.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Sirbeaumerdier.3740

Sirbeaumerdier.3740

So I just faced 2 p/p thieves that shot themselves to death. I don’t know if I can survive this 1 month with this matches quality.

It really baffles me how people say unranked matches are fun. It’s more like a circus really.

To be fair, it’s not like one anecdote has anything like the power to infer anything beyond this precise case.

As bad as unranked can often be, ranked has been worse still overall from my perspective. More matches were enjoyable and fair overall than in ranked. And by fair, again, I do not mean 50/50 odds of winning. I mean equal opportunity to get good or bad draw of teammates.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

the MMR is different? oh I didn’t know that.
so that’s my mistake. sorry false alarm guys.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

If only unranked matched ppl with same rating… I dont ask my team to try hard, but when your team gets farmed 4v3 at close the whole match, they are just messing around doing nothing, or some kittend up shiet and you have to carry like a modofok, not in order to win but to avoid being spawn-farmed, focusing the tards from the other team it just kills all the fun of playing.

M I L K B O I S

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

it’s unranked. I’’d say that the amount of players playing full on meta are less now. Instead they are testing new builds, new classes for season 4 playing less seriously cause there is ‘’nothing to lose’‘. Add in that mathmaking in unranked is appearantly similar to season 1 and u get these kind of matches. It’s annoying but i guess i can’t Judge another for testing a new build. As I’m doing the same. As long as u don’t throw the match, afk or dc intentionally i’m cool with it. Sometimes u need to practice.

But even with these kind of matches. I welcome unranked. Can u imagine there bieng ranked for a year? The PvP section and Proffesion filled with excessive QQ asking for nerfs by an ‘’Warrior or Dragonhunter player’’,moreso then normal but then the entire year? Complaints about everybody bieng matched with players below thier level all the kittening time, Idiots justifying AFK blaming everybody but themselves.

Then have pvp matches filled with that same toxicity. People extorting thier other teammates by force them to re-roll. Or AFK or they need to pay up gold, players afk’in as early after a single wipe on mid, tons of flaming at the teamchat.

Yeah I need those breaks, As ranked can bring out the worse in people. I know those monsters are still hiding in unranked. Some having left the scene, some of them remained but have thier inner kittenbagness surpressed as unranked is less serious to them. Or they are stomping newbies.

Don’t get me wrong here. Ranked> Unranked in match quality and it really get’s my blood pumping but boi, boi, it’s also akin to stepping into the kittening future. In which the purge happens for 6 weeks straight. Some Players become animals.

Imagine winning a match only for some motherkittener to AFK because you did an single action he did not agree with. That’s so infuriating.

Ugh.

Unranked matches quality

in PvP

Posted by: Vicky.4563

Vicky.4563

Well didn’t they pretty much kill Hot Join when they got rid of the Practice button?

That’s probably why.