Unranked matchmaking...

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

Could we please do something about matchmaking in unranked Anet? It would be beneficial for everyone, good players learn nothing from stomps (and you are suppose to test out builds in unranked if I recall correctly) and newcomers won’t get farmed in front of spawn and quit PvP.

I’ve been a part of both teams (teams with very good ppl and pretty bad ppl) and neither was fun.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Marxx.5021

Marxx.5021

There is no match making in this game. I wonder why ppl still assume there is.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I have to agree that match quality is at an all time low. I’ve noticed that some in unranked have only played the new maps, and when placed in an older map, they just break down…. We need to let new players play together.

There is clearly no match making. The first people to queue just tally up until 10 are ready, then it places everyone from the same classes into one team and goes from there. haha ;P

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

But, but those are easy wins! 70-90% winrate – great for daily and reward tracks – why stop this?

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I’d post more but I’m sure Anet can get an idea of how awesome match making is from these pics.

This is pretty much everyone of my games, sometimes it’s clear how new these people are and usually I spend my time in front of their spawn just camping them, especially on the new BETA map. Loboling is right, any other map and players have no idea what’s going on, most don’t even understand Temple mechanics from what I’ve seen.

Yea, Eternal Coliseum is snowball galore.

If it were up to me, I’d just group players with similar amount of time spent in PvP together. No MMR needed, most good players are the ones that spent decent time in PvP, while bad ones are still learning.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Junior.3928

Junior.3928

After insane number of matches with 400 points difference I decided to quit gw until the new update and even then I give no promises of fully returning to the game. I’m sure many decided to do the same, or quit pvp at least. What I’ve learned in the past year that I’ve played gw, things are just going downhill. Instead of balancing it, their priority was to shorten the queue time, short fix which in return discourages players to actually play pvp and again extend the queue time. 0 response from devs in a long time, therefore I really have no reason to stick around.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: SliEagle.9062

SliEagle.9062

Anet isn’t going to do anything about this. They haven’t addressed it and won’t. Hence why their PvP is garbage compared to other games of this type. It’s really sad they have a great PvE content but the PvP is this kitten bad. It’s easily the worst pvp I have played.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This is a game which hasnt had a new competitive map for 4 years. 4 years! To expect anything that will update the game is madness.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

This is how matchmaking works in GW2, designed to give a sense of “fairness” to pve players:

Your team : 4 – 4- 4- 4- (10 you)

Enemy team: 6- 6- 6- 6- 6

Inevitably you will lose 80% of your games ( worst case scenario), every single teamfight and the enemy will easily win 90% of all 1vs1 occuring in the game

You (10) quit the game and rightly so but…Anet won’t lose anything or care really because the team of 6 will think to be great players, the next WTS winners, they will keep playing , increasing their MMR till they don’t become the new 10 and take your previous place in the grand scheme of things

New team : 4 – 4- 4- 4- (10 which was one of the 6 from the previous generation)

Enemy team: 6- 6- 6- 6- 6

The cycle repeat itself, they don’t care..why they should? GW2 is a B2P game focused on PvE as such you pvper are the minority, very small minority.

If you’re serious on pvp from 4 you reach 10, if you’re a casual pver/pvper ( the vast majority) you reach 6 and stay there

Unranked matchmaking...

in PvP

Posted by: Moderator

This topic is being closed as match-up threads are not allowed. Thanks!