Unresponsiveness

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.3609

Fenrir.3609

Yeah noticing this alot now and never had an issue before. Even something basic like weapon switching is having major issues. Which puts a rather large crimp in your combos.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

It isn’t fixed. Every time I bother trying it a major issue. One of the many QOL changes needed.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

^ Americans :p
Vengeance is a dish best served cold.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: JinDaVikk.7291

JinDaVikk.7291

TG I seem to notice you posting about this in several threads. I also know you dislike your 200-300 ms ping. We are not talking about this. We are talking about compltely random 1-2 SECOND stops in game play which change order of skills/ make combo’s impossible. It isn’t on our side. It’s a-nets.

Team Radioactive
Crysis, Lil Damage, Ovi, Jindavikk, Guard
Causing cancer all day.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

TG I seem to notice you posting about this in several threads. I also know you dislike your 200-300 ms ping. We are not talking about this. We are talking about compltely random 1-2 SECOND stops in game play which change order of skills/ make combo’s impossible. It isn’t on our side. It’s a-nets.

Mmm, I really, really, really hate lag.

As to your 1 second interrupts, they were happening here before the patches, though seem a little more frequent now (a little, like I notice it now, not just ignore it like I used to).

Try what I said in the other post. Go somewhere in PvE (not PvP) wait for the world to load, then head back to pvp.

Why do I bring this up? 2 reasons, 1, other people reported that this helped them and 2, I play only PvP at the moment and my friend plays mainly PvE. When he plays PvP with me he doesn’t notice the unresponsiveness at all (other then the usual lag, 200 ms on his end) whereas I do notice it. In before you say he probably doesn’t notice it because of whatever reason, he complains about 5 frame rate drop, without looking at a FPS meter I think he would notice a 1 second delay.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Problems like this are always very hard to track down because they are so vague and infrequent. The best I can do is relay the information to someone with more insight

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

It happens with the #2 skill S/D thief. I press the button and it takes like 2 sec to react. Same with Shadow shot.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Batmang.5421

Batmang.5421

The main issue seems to be with teleports, fast moving skills, and attunement swapping.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I have noticed when salvaging I have to click multiple times for it to register(not clicking the kit). I have not ruled out my mouse is going out however.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Nah, but I do play a ranger.

I laughed.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Problems like this are always very hard to track down because they are so vague and infrequent. The best I can do is relay the information to someone with more insight

I appreciate the response!

I’ve tested everything.

My internet is stable, and high speed (30mbps down, 3mbps up)
My trace to the GW2 servers is fairly direct (Thanks to Battle Ping)
I am not experiencing any packet loss, both confirmed by me and my ISP.
My ping is fairly stable, bouncing between 50 and 90 on average (With the rare 100+ outlier)

It simply has to be the servers. Unfortunately, the issue has not been infrequent – it’s basically a guarantee at this point that in most games, I will experience this issue in some way.

Thank you again for the response, hopefully we will hear further good news soon.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

It happens with the #2 skill S/D thief. I press the button and it takes like 2 sec to react. Same with Shadow shot.

Shadow shot is one of the most unresponsive skills ever…it’s not rare that I would be revealed by the time I can get shadow shot off in stealth…

It’s already a unforgiving and buggy skill as is…half the time it doesn’t even teleport.

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

It’s honestly not infrequent for me. I always notice a few skills not firing off during my daily three matches.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

I know your tricks Evan. There’s no hiding from me.

o.- Always watching.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Lopez.7369

This problem got worse for me with today’s patch.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

I haven’t bothered to log in in days – it’s far too frustrating to lose to lag, because I can’t even try to outplay lag.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

Unresponsiveness

in PvP

Lopez.7369

On the bright side, if it keeps getting worse with every patch, then it’s eventually going to become a huge problem and get fixed at some point.

Practically everyone I know experiences this problem a few times an hour. I don’t think it’s uncommon enough for it to be difficult to pin down.