Unstreamed Matches from NA ToG Finals are UP!

in PvP

Posted by: xantosnightwish.5438

xantosnightwish.5438

As part of our efforts to increase the popularity of Guild Wars 2 PVP, DPS wanted to record all matches that took place last weekend in some capacity. Although ApEX vs Collateral Damage was the only Quarterfinals match we showed on stream, DPS cameramen were in each of the Quarterfinals matches practicing their skills at recording GW2 pvp action.

We have uploaded ALL non-streamed quarterfinals matches to our youtube account. I highly recommend checking out the Sharks With Lazers vs Uncivilized Rough Boyz match and the Cognitive Gaming vs Hashtag Believe match that actually came down to a game three!

To watch them all, go here!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports
Bear Cavalry of Legend PVP 4life!

in PvP

Posted by: Avitori.6093

Avitori.6093

There should really be a pause feature for big tournaments like this – 5:35 in our game 3 the score was 207-141 Mime had a portal to mid and he disconnected – giving them the free cap in a game I think we would have won – we just called the game after he d/c

He also disconnected the first game when the score was 220-140 causing us to lose the mid fight giving them a 2 cap. That was only a 70 point game in the end. I’m not blaming him, its just frustrating because I know they would have been different games otherwise.

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

The DC is def a shame, I will agree man. Not sure how ANET is going to address d/c’s in the future. A pause feature sounds easier to implement than it actually is tbh. Not sure if that’s the way to go.

Yall played a great match and showed a lot of growth as a team. Hope to see yall play again together in the future as the scene needs more up and coming teams imho.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

if only i couldve targeted svanir for amon ;_;

gerdian

in PvP

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

Well, i think they can make a “all perma stun” button like on the fotm colossus boss battle. everyone will be stun and lock out of all skills, and stop the counter on points.

in PvP

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Woaaah really appreciated it!

Thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: OlrunTheBlade.1486

OlrunTheBlade.1486

It’s more than just that Simon. Imagine someone is just about to dodge an attack (say a projectile, not a physical attack). If you don’t stop the projectiles mid air and keep track of where they are (which isn’t something that’s very easy), you end up affecting the outcome of that fight.

Captain of Never Lucky [NL]
Competitive Warrior, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer, Thief

in PvP

Posted by: igsy.8027

igsy.8027

Having VOD of unstreamed matches in tournaments is amazing. Wish this was standardised across all tournaments in EU and NA.

in PvP

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Thank you for the effort of creating a healthy Esports community

Frenk – EU
All is vain

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

Man EU needs to start doing this stuff, this is amazing!

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

It’s more than just that Simon. Imagine someone is just about to dodge an attack (say a projectile, not a physical attack). If you don’t stop the projectiles mid air and keep track of where they are (which isn’t something that’s very easy), you end up affecting the outcome of that fight.

^^^I completely agree with Olrun. I think there would be a lot of issues like the above example that would need to be worked out.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

Thank you for the effort of creating a healthy Esports community

We’re glad to be at least be a small part of the journey!

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Brunners.7251

Brunners.7251

It was a shame to see Cognitive Gaming and Hashtag Believe ended in a GG called after a DC though

Acadamey Gaming EU [AG] twitch.tv/brunners90

in PvP

xantosnightwish.5438

It was a shame to see Cognitive Gaming and Hashtag Believe ended in a GG called after a DC though

Ya from a player, viewer and TO standpoint, I think DC’s are the worst thing that can happen during a match. As a TO you feel awful and cant only hope that the team affected by it can quickly get their 5th back on but it really is a lose-lose situation every time it happens.

That Sharks With Lazers vs Uncivilized Rough Boyz Game 1 was insane though. We had all of the DPS production crew watching the camera intently the whole game. That was one of my fav memories from ToG and def illustrated the reasons we love the game so much.

DPS Co-Owner and CEO
Digital Pro Sports

in PvP

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

500-0 against blacklisted? :O engies are broken…