Unyielding Anguish has no counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

Unyielding Anguish: creates a field that teleports foes away for 4 seconds that cannot be entered even with stability.

This skill enables tanky compositions to get ahead by full capping any team fight and drag it out to get ahead in score. There is no counter play to the skill itself. Sure the revenant is investing a lot of energy but the team supports him in his celestial gear until full cap then he swaps to offense mode. The revenant is not going to die neither are the bruisers.

When combined with elementalist ring of fire this skill will cause instant stacks of burning potentially more if targets disoriented and moving when the port happens.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i think someone managed to get 50 stacks of burning with that spell and ele ring of fire if i recall correctly lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

i think someone managed to get 50 stacks of burning with that spell and ele ring of fire if i recall correctly lol

~balance~

Alright meow, where were we?

in PvP

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

It’s so freaking kitten disgusting that Revenant’s enemy-teleports go through stability. I’m absolutely fine with how strong the class is otherwise, but this is downright unacceptable.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in PvP

Posted by: Malchior.5732

Malchior.5732

It’s so freaking kitten disgusting that Revenant’s enemy-teleports go through stability. I’m absolutely fine with how strong the class is otherwise, but this is downright unacceptable.

Well, the reason behind it is that this type of CC doesn’t interrupt anything(thus, Stability doesn’t do anything). I think it’s silly that it goes through Stab, but it sorta makes sense.

I think it would be better if it ate away Stab at a certain rate, though, like any other CC.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

1.Warrior goes rampage
2.Place Unyielding Anguish
3.?
4.Profit

in PvP

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I highly doubt it’s working as intended, since other displacement-skills (like the one the rev has when downed, at least afaik) don’t work through stability, which is the way it should be.

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

the downed skill works through stability aswell. they just need to make the unyielding anguish field smaller so that it doesn’t cover the whole point.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

Well, the reason behind it is that this type of CC doesn’t interrupt anything(thus, Stability doesn’t do anything). I think it’s silly that it goes through Stab, but it sorta makes sense.

I think it would be better if it ate away Stab at a certain rate, though, like any other CC.

your attacks dont hit either so it may as well have interrupted you… hmm i recall a complaint about this during the beta and people just flipped the bird at the op funny….

in PvP

Posted by: Belial.9350

Belial.9350

Nobody complains that teleport skills work while cc’d, it’s the exact same thing.

in PvP

Posted by: ozzy.8059

ozzy.8059

teleport skills remove them not you from the point and they did it by their own choice

in PvP

Belial.9350

teleport skills remove them not you from the point and they did it by their own choice

their attacks don’t hit either so you may as well have interrupted them

in PvP

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Fun tidbit – in Spirit Watch, displacing the orb carrier forces them to drop the orb.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

You rebuttal achieves entirely nothing in terms of countering his argument.

in PvP

Belial.9350

I was merely using the same logic he used against unyielding:

your attacks dont hit either so it may as well have interrupted you… hmm i recall a complaint about this during the beta and people just flipped the bird at the op funny….

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

when revenant was first introduced, everyone was complaining how weak it was.

now, everyone is complaining how strong it is.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

I was merely using the same logic he used against unyielding:

Except your attempt to apply the same logic was altogether invalid due to the fact that teleporting oneself is not a hard CC against an opponent whereas an opponent teleporting you is a hard CC against you. What’s more, within the confines of conquest, being able to keep someone or an entire group of people off of a point is overpowered.

in PvP

Posted by: Vlad.1739

Vlad.1739

you guys are kind of off topic. The point is how do u counter play a the skill when the entire team revolves around it. The mode conquest is about holding points Unyielding anguish=100% chance to cap even during full out team fight.

in PvP

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

you guys are kind of off topic. The point is how do u counter play a the skill when the entire team revolves around it. The mode conquest is about holding points Unyielding anguish=100% chance to cap even during full out team fight.

well its most likely a bug so I would wait before considering counterplay

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

You counter it by using Unyielding Anguish of your own.

in PvP

Velimere.7685

That is the entire point that I am defending that the original arguer was stating. Maybe you overlooked the bold text in my second reply or the entire context of my third reply.

in PvP

Posted by: alemfi.5107

alemfi.5107

I saw a suggestion in the other forum on this topic that was about swapping the effects of Unyielding Anguish, so that it pulses torment, and only applies the displacement during the initial cast of the skill. I think this would alleviate the issues of no counterplay.

When ground-targetted bone minion explosions become a thing, I will change this signature.- 2013
http://twitch.tv/alemfi/

in PvP

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

I saw a suggestion in the other forum on this topic that was about swapping the effects of Unyielding Anguish, so that it pulses torment, and only applies the displacement during the initial cast of the skill. I think this would alleviate the issues of no counterplay.

It must also not affect opponents under stab.

in PvP

Posted by: Nier.8741

Nier.8741

Herald has NO counterplay. Getting conditioned to death? Just use Lyssa and learn to spam evades better so you don’t get condition damage in the first place.

Getting bursted? That’s okay, you have an instant cast defiant stance.

(edited by Nier.8741)

in PvP

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

The QQ was effective. UA got nerfed. Onward to the next victim.

•Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been re-worked. This skill will now leap to the target location creating a dark field which chills for 1 second and torments for 4 seconds per pulse. The field lasts for 4 seconds and pulses every 1 second. Added a 10 second recharge.

in PvP

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

The QQ was effective. UA got nerfed. Onward to the next victim.

•Unyielding Anguish: This skill has been re-worked. This skill will now leap to the target location creating a dark field which chills for 1 second and torments for 4 seconds per pulse. The field lasts for 4 seconds and pulses every 1 second. Added a 10 second recharge.

I think they really should have kept the displacement for when you landed, but make it dodge able, same the the downed 3 and that has such a long cooldown anyway you can never get it off.

But mallyx got gutted and ripped anyway so no point now in even taking mallyx.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.