Upcoming Changes to PvP Runes/Sigils/Amulets

in PvP

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

could you either disable elementalist or at least buff dps eles the right way?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Dream-scepter-focus-changes/first#post5921245

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Mender Druid looks fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Maxodon.5243

Maxodon.5243

Atleast one change I like. My Shatter Mesmer is probably trash now but I have come to like thief over the last couple of weeks and will just enjoy eating every glass canon alive on it.

in PvP

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Sigil and rune changes are good, but a lot of underused runes and sigils would need attention.

The amulet changes are really bad. This will delete a lot of builds from the game and lead to less diversity. Marauder was already the most common amulet with celestial. Now we will see probably even more marauder + mercenary amulet using blocking, evades, traits and boons as their defense, just like we have already witnessed with builds like the marauder scrapper hammer engineer.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

(edited by Deniara Devious.3948)

in PvP

Posted by: pumpkinspiced.8617

pumpkinspiced.8617

Will the new amulets be PvE stats in the future?

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Grouch,

1050 Condition Damage
1050 Vitality
560 Expertise
560 Precision

Plz

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

It’s funny how they actually have to remove features in an attempt to balance the sPvP game.

I can’t say I’ll miss celestial builds, but it just seems like there should have been a better solution.

in PvP

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Sure let’s remove 2 of the most used amulet without any beta testing. Great idea.

I’m out. Peace. See you in some other game.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

in PvP

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

I really applaud the removal of these amulets, just caution you to not be to hard on eles. I dont main one but I am concerned about thier future viability.

Okay I will come clean I am a Necro main and I really loved the Ele’s support on my team

You may need to reevaluate Ele’s in general after the removal of Celestial.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

That is one way to kill off eles…

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

This. This pleases me.

in PvP

Posted by: Hubris.7436

Hubris.7436

Power metaaaaa FeelsGoodMan

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I believe they want to make things faster paced.

Here’s the thing with that, from a player perspective, there’s nothing faster than actually being in active combat. Increasing the offense to defense ratio so that we die more rapidly is in fact slowing the game down. Because there’s nothing more boring than waiting to respawn and running all the way back. Now, from the point of view of a spectator, it might appear to be speeding things up.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

Too bad there is not a settler amulet split.

1050 thoughness 1050 condition 560 precision 560 healing

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: felzero.8526

felzero.8526

besides mercenary amulet everything is horrible, now i will call it mercenary new meta!

in PvP

Posted by: Swarley.6813

Swarley.6813

This change only applies to PvP.

This….. Simply this is what we need more of. Way easier to keep everything balanced this way.

If we keep these changes separate we won’t end up with another Well of Precognition that hurts a mechanic for raids.

I hope to see more of this in the future. It makes no sense to me to change a certain skill in all aspects of the game that is only a problem in 1 aspect of it.

in PvP

Posted by: daft inquisitor.1605

daft inquisitor.1605

Suppose I can swap my Solder PVP build for a Paladin one instead…

Baelyyrn [Zero Brigade]
Mechanist Gregory [BEER]
Arondight Unfading [ZB]

in PvP

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Healing Power and Toughness in the same amulet is a big no. no.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I paid for Durability. I’d like a free select on the new ones or a refund.

They already said both of those things happen.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Jesus,the sigil of energy is an Horrible change.

Also,start making runes class based so you dont have to keep removing runes since they are OP in hands of some classes while just being useful on others.

Btw,thanks for completely wrecking the only warri build i could enjoy myself with in pvp lately.

I dont think you guys have any clue what you’re doing…This is not balancing,this is just removing stuff.Terrible.

(edited by Caedmon.6798)

in PvP

Posted by: KMLin.7642

KMLin.7642

Nice.

foxsmells

kmlinjrsr

in PvP

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

Sure let’s remove 2 of the most used amulet without any beta testing. Great idea.

I’m out. Peace. See you in some other game.

QFT. It’s the gear not the builds causing this mess is I guess what the message is.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: nextgen.3750

nextgen.3750

Amulet Changes:

We’ll be adding the following amulets:

Paladin’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Precision
560 Toughness
560 Vitality

We’re also removing the following amulets:

• >>>>>>>>Soldier’s<<<<<<<<<
  • Settler’s
  • Celestial
  • Sentinel

/discuss

i love the changes, i can’t really find out why you make the Soldier-to-Paladin move :/

in PvP

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

4 stat amulets are a bad idea

in PvP

Aidenwolf.5964

I paid for Durability. I’d like a free select on the new ones or a refund.

They already said both of those things happen.

Deleted when I saw it. Good catch.

PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Impact.2780

Impact.2780

Runes
We’ll be removing the following runes from PvP:

• Rune of Durability
  • Rune of Mercy

Great!

Sigil Changes:

• Sigil of Demon Summoning: this sigil will no longer be usable in PvP.
    • We already removed a majority of AI summoning sigils/runes in a previous release – we’re just finishing the job.
  • Sigil of Energy: the functionality of this Sigil is changing slightly. Instead of granting 50 endurance on weapon swap, Sigil of Energy will instead grant 5 seconds of vigor to the player with the usual 9 second ICD. This change only applies to PvP.

Fantastic!

Amulet Changes:

We’ll be adding the following amulets:

Mercenary’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Toughness
560 Vitality

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

Paladin’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Precision
560 Toughness
560 Vitality

Mender’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Healing Power
560 Precision
560 Vitality

Nice. I can see mercenary’s being a potential pick for reapers, Sage’s possibly for druids, Paladin’s would replace Soldier’s in more offensive oriented sustain builds, and Mender’s would probably be picked up by elementalists with the loss of Celestial, however they’ll feel the loss of toughness quite considerably, I imagine.

• Soldier’s
  • Settler’s
  • Celestial
  • Sentinel

I don’t think Soldier’s should be removed. It has been a part of many non-game-breaking builds in previous metas, indicating that it is not a problem. The same could be said of celestial, although a lot of players direct hate toward it. I just think the removal of celestial will really hurt elementalist/tempest, which only seems to be viable in a support role as it is. I’m not sure removing Celestial is a good idea; it might be better to tone down the problematic builds that use it, instead.

Settler’s, I’m in two minds on. There have never been any good builds from it, game-breaking or otherwise, so it’s not problematic in that regard. However, I have seen many players think they are being useful by running it in a build when they are really just being extremely ineffective, but refusing to listen to anyone attempting to help them see why. So with that in mind, removing it could be of some benefit, while keeping it will be of no foreseeable benefit, so I suppose it’s logical to remove it.

Sentinels is just bad for PvP, for the same point about Settler’s and bringing about ineffective builds that the user thinks is strong, and more. I agree with removing it.

EU | Ímpáct / Impact Warlock / Impact Illusions
http://www.twitch.tv/impact2780

in PvP

Aidenwolf.5964

Sigil of energy nerf severely harms shatter Mesmer, a glass cannon losing clone generation seems an odd fix if you want faster matches…. Explain?

PugLife SoloQ

in PvP

Posted by: Curunier.4628

Curunier.4628

Any chance we will get to see the interrupt sigils which were introduced with HoT in spvp? The ones that have various effects on interrupt.

in PvP

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

Runes

• Rune of Durability

Amulet Changes:

• Celestial

1) Will I be getting the gold back from unlocking durability?
2) Why limit our play style choices? If I enjoy cele ele in WvW I am not allowed to play it in spvp just because you say so? If you want to get true balance separate spvp and pve skills, tune what needs to be tuned and stop destroying play styles that you see as too powerful. Remove amulets altogether and let us choose what stats are on what gear, give us the choice, this cookie cutter nonsense is getting boring.

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Runes

• Rune of Durability

Amulet Changes:

• Celestial

2) Why limit our play style choices? If I enjoy cele ele in WvW I am not allowed to play it in spvp just because you say so? If you want to get true balance separate spvp and pve skills, tune what needs to be tuned and stop destroying play styles that you see as too powerful. Remove amulets altogether and let us choose what stats are on what gear, give us the choice, this cookie cutter nonsense is getting boring.

They limit your playstyle because they are unable to properly balance this out,easy as that.Cant balance,lets remove !

in PvP

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Soldier (even settler to a degree) should stay IMO, the problem with it wasn’t nearly as wide sweeping as the others in the list to remove. There are many non bunker bruiser builds that aren’t too strong making good use of that amulet.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in PvP

Posted by: Arkimedes.8730

Arkimedes.8730

Energy sigil nerf seems uncalled for. It primarily effects classes that use dodges offensively, which means mesmer and thief. They’ll probably have to be less aggressive now.

I assume the removal of soldier and cele amulet means you’re no longer going to support builds that are moderately defensive with moderate damage? That’s fine, but the problem was always might stacking. Honestly, should probably remove might from the game.

My 2 cents.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Any chance we will get to see the interrupt sigils which were introduced with HoT in spvp? The ones that have various effects on interrupt.

Yea hoping for interrupt sigils as well

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Runes

• Rune of Durability

Amulet Changes:

• Celestial

Half the forum has been clamoring to limit your playstyle by having cele removed. I think it’s fair you at least aim your fury at them.

in PvP

Posted by: Pockets.1062

Pockets.1062

Thank god that cele-amulet is gone and also rune of durability! I much prefer fights around 30 seconds or so, instead of 5 minutes.

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

I believe they want to make things faster paced.

Here’s the thing with that, from a player perspective, there’s nothing faster than actually being in active combat. Increasing the offense to defense ratio so that we die more rapidly is in fact slowing the game down. Because there’s nothing more boring than waiting to respawn and running all the way back. Now, from the point of view of a spectator, it might appear to be speeding things up.

Not inherently. Killing a opponent often leads to a emotional high.
Modern shooter games are built on this principal since they are designed to exclusively focus on killstreaks since shooter developers figured out years ago that even if a player dies 15 times in a row, if they then go on 10 man killstreak the emotional surge of the killstreak will wipe away the negative feels from dying.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Caedmon.6798

Thank god that cele-amulet is gone and also rune of durability! I much prefer fights around 30 seconds or so, instead of 5 minutes.

For some classes,scrapper i guess.. it’s borderline op..But for warri,this gave me an extra bit of Needed sustain while able to share some boon support to ally’s aswell.This did not make me op in the slightest bit..They just blindly close down acces to certain runes because one class is running rampage with it.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think the non-celestial being removed are going to be removed for being underpowered relative to the newer ones.

I don’t get why people would be upset over runes or amulets being removed since they’ll be removed for the opponents too.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

in PvP

Posted by: Khainz.6215

Khainz.6215

Well, RIP Elementalist, is the only class I play, I guess I feel like a warrior now. Good bye and thanks Anet

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Don’t really get why soldiers is being removed, I agree with the rest.

Interesting amulets, mercenary’s really stands out for me.

edit: I want my gold back for purchasing durability plis

(edited by XGhoul.7426)

in PvP

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

As usual over compensation. The balance in this game has been nothing but a one legged table. From one extreme to the other. yes more power creep that’s whats needed.

Elite specs > Core specs. Lord knows we don’t want core specs actually able to compete.

High risk more reward > play how you want

back to grinding pve.

in PvP

Posted by: TheOneWhoSighs.7513

TheOneWhoSighs.7513

Runes

• Rune of Durability

Amulet Changes:

• Celestial

Half the forum has been clamoring to limit your playstyle by having cele removed. I think it’s fair you at least aim your fury at them.

No.

ANet needs to learn to deal with players pressuring them.

If the player base knows that they can pressure ANet into doing changes, then the player base will perpetually do that

The player base is the player base. They can’t actually change the game.

The change is ANet’s, and therefore if you’re dissatisfied with it, the anger should be pointed at ANet.

“Unused Development Initiative. We care so much
about your feedback, that we don’t even read it.” ~ Crystal Suzuki

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.1683

Pyriall.1683

It took Blizzard 10+ years to realize that to start balance you need to normalize health pools. Why are we having these discussions on removing amulets without first addressing the glaring issue of disparities in base hp’s?

in PvP

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

Mercenary will be the new Celestial tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

do i get my money back for buying the runes/amulets?

Any sigil/rune/amulet you purchased you’ll get refunded for. The new amulets we’re adding will be free since we’re removing a number of other core amulets.

Perfect. A little sad to see some things go, but good on Anet for refunding the cost for the ones we bought.

Ele for Hire

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Runes

• Rune of Durability

Amulet Changes:

• Celestial

No.

ANet needs to learn to deal with players pressuring them.

If the player base knows that they can pressure ANet into doing changes, then the player base will perpetually do that

The player base is the player base. They can’t actually change the game.

The change is ANet’s, and therefore if you’re dissatisfied with it, the anger should be pointed at ANet.

People have begged them to remove it for well over a year. I think it’s safe to say they finally did these changes on their own accord (and I love celestial amulet…). Not many people asked for settlers/soldiers to go, it’s clear they want to take their game in a new direction, and that’s fine.

People will find new was and life will go on. If anything, removing the crutch amulet might expose bigger problems and we will see proper changes later as a result (such as possibly closer base HP pools. Still rooting for 15/17/19k). Active defenses and boon spam are the next things that need to be looked at, and I have a feeling ease-of-damage and amount of pressure will need to go down after the amulet change.

Simply put, they need to reduce the amount of effects everything has so the game can be more properly paced. Get a good pace and it’s MUCH easier to balance a game.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: goda.3572

goda.3572

nerf stupid bunkery passive traits instead of nerfing amulets.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

It took Blizzard 10+ years to realize that to start balance you need to normalize health pools. Why are we having these discussions on removing amulets without first addressing the glaring issue of disparities in base hp’s?

Those with higher pools should have less in other areas for tradeoffs and play style diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

This whole effort is to remove some of the tankyness from the current meta but it seems like a very knee jerk reaction. Soon enough with the tanky removed we will be back to the thief and mesmer insta burst meta(this tanky meta developed to counter the burst meta). I’m sure we all remember how fun that was /s

Removing a whole way of playing is a poor way to balance, adjust the skills that are making a build too strong, this is where strict pvp and pve balance comes in.

Burst meta inc.

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Healing Power and Toughness in the same amulet is a big no. no.

Which means eles are dead.