Upcoming Changes to PvP Runes/Sigils/Amulets

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

If you know me (or check my post history) you will realise I’m not a WhiteKnight. But I actually think these changes are good…

This is the way ANET splits PvE from PvP skills. By reducing gear diversity (you cannot really mix-and-match stats). And if one ammulette overperforms they can simply delete it, add counter to it, or for example swap a major stat with a minor, etc…

And these new items do give build diversity. Giving up one offensive stat out of four lets you run with 2 defensive. I think healing power builds will become a thing again.

So this lets ANET finetune these builds by simply adjusting one number (scaling).

Do I think this is a lazy move from ANET? Yes!
Do I think this is a bad move? Not at all!

One more:

Energy Sigil… This is overkill! I see why they do this (nerfing mesmers, revenants and elementalists) but they nerf every other classes depending on frequent dodges.

Making it a very weak boon (corruptable yay) could bring back the energy-regen traits but unfortunately they are very weak. We will see some adjustments here I think

I want to hear about more nerfs/buffs especially about OP and underperforming weapons…

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

NO Sigil of energy was nerfed for the express purpose of slowing down Mesmer clone production and therefore DPS/Healing.

One more Ninja Nerf/Cheapshot at Mesmer.

You are wrong.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in PvP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

NO Sigil of energy was nerfed for the express purpose of slowing down Mesmer clone production and therefore DPS/Healing.

One more Ninja Nerf/Cheapshot at Mesmer.

Yeah I mean, the fact ANet removed all the most bunker amulets, the most tanky runes, and at the same time the tankiest sigil. It’s obvious the sigil removal was made only to spite mesmers and isn’t in line at all with a broad move to remove the tankiest stat builds possible in the game no matter where they hide.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

This is the way ANET splits PvE from PvP skills. By reducing gear diversity (you cannot really mix-and-match stats). And if one ammulette overperforms they can simply delete it, add counter to it, or for example swap a major stat with a minor, etc…
[…]
Energy Sigil… This is overkill! I see why they do this (nerfing mesmers, revenants and elementalists) but they nerf every other classes depending on frequent dodges.

This split between PvE and PvP from amulets is not sufficient, everyone would agree.

On energy sigil the affect on other classes is exactly why it shouldn’t have been removed, thats poor balancing if thats why they did it.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

This is simply a change to kill the bunker meta.

The meta will shift to full dps and crit and condition.

When there is too much crit going around and players are dying in 5 seconds, then they will do blanket changes to critical damage on professions and do blanket changes to crit “gear”.

After crit damage changes, then raw damage/power changes will be made and they will shift the meta to condition damage for all… Raw damage and power “gear” will get a encompassing reduction and condition damage will be increased to compensate, all in an attempt to turn spvp into a DoT fest to increase the TTK.

When condition damage becomes problematic, they will make sweeping reductions to condition damage and condition “gear”…

Eventually all abilities will be cut into half effectiveness, and gear will either be cut in half or outright removed.

It will be at a point in 2018 where the devs will just remove all “gear” and go “half for all” baseline.

The devs will never really dig into serious profession changes and they will niggle here and there about certain powers or traits. Mostly they will do carpet bombing or carpet removal to force the meta to change.

Good luck with esports on pve mechanic maps.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in PvP

Posted by: Yashuoa.9527

Yashuoa.9527

Can we also get amulets that give:

Amulet 1.
Power.
Healing power.
Precision.
and something else except vit or no 4th stat.

and

Amulet 2.
Condition dmg.
Healing power.
A 3rd stat that is no vit or precision.
A 4th that is no vit or precision (or just only 3 stats).

?

I like Amulet 2, we could give it Toughness and call it something that has to do with settling down, since it’d be pretty tanky… Something basic, really, like Settlers.
+1

Yeah.

There is no condition dmg + healing power amulet yet with the removal of Settlers.
It was probably removed, because toughness was the largest in that amulet.
However in this one, thoughness can be the smallest stat.

The second amulet could be 3 stats.

Than a 3rd amulet could be.

Condition dmg 1050.
Healing power 1050.
Toughness 560.
Vit 560.

(edited by Yashuoa.9527)

in PvP

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

@morrolan:

We absolutely agree here…

The split is not enough but this is a SPLIT everybody was asking for (althrough not a skill but a gear based one…). This also leaves much room for balancing.

The Energy nerf is overkill for many but it also weakens the “bunker side” of the builds.

I personally would simply change it to 30 durability and give 3 sec Vigor or something like this.

So we can agree to agree but I see the positive side while you see the negatives…

#I no words have"

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Amulet 1.
Power.
Healing power.
Precision.

and

Amulet 2.
Condition dmg.
Healing power.

?

I like Amulet 2, we could give it Toughness and call it something that has to do with settling down, since it’d be pretty tanky… Something basic, really, like Settlers.
+1

Yeah.

There is no condition dmg + healing power amulet yet with the removal of Settlers.

Condition dmg 1050.
Healing power 1050.
Toughness 560.
Vit 560.

lol dire with 1k healing power. LOL

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Darkside.7182

Darkside.7182

what a bad move from anet like always.. do you have any idea about rifle warrior, thief, zerk reve, DH and shatter mesmer dps on soldier rune bunker? And now you going to remove soldier and sentinel amulets for what? let me tell you, because you cant planning, you didnt realize whats gonna be happen with HoT updates on pvp.

You should spread out pvp and pve again, i dont know why you marge them anyway.. you need to reconfigure each class skills and traits for pvp and pve then all be fine, pvp updates doesnt effect pve or pve updates doesnt effect pvp.

Are you thinking about the split between solo and team ranked queues? Guess not.. Please dont say “teams waiting long for que”.. they have to wait or they can go solo easy but solo players cant find a team easy…

Just save my words we’ll see i’m pretty sure pvp gonna be worst than today..

(edited by Darkside.7182)

in PvP

Posted by: Proven.2854

Proven.2854

Amulet 1.
Power.
Healing power.
Precision.

and

Amulet 2.
Condition dmg.
Healing power.

?

+1

Yeah.

Condition dmg 1050.
Healing power 1050.
Toughness 560.
Vit 560.

Condition Damage and Healing Power? How about something like…

Sage’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Condition Damage
560 Healing Power
560 Vitality

I ran the numbers on a lot of skills and honestly, 560 Healing Power does a lot more than people give it credit for (relative to how much Healing Power does in general). For example, 560 Healing Power brings Regeneration up from 130 per second to 200 per second.

Call me Smith.

(edited by Proven.2854)

in PvP

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Just to reiterate: Elementalists are dead, if Celestial is removed.

in PvP

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

they should have removed that settler bs long ago..welp, better late then nothing

in PvP

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

More information about sigil adjustments can be found in today’s post here.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet