Upcoming Changes to Skills

in PvP

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A message from the PvP Team:

Hey all,

We have a number of skill splits (and some global changes) that will be accompanying the launch of Season 5 next week. Read on to see what’s in store for December 13.

Over the past few releases the PvP team has been working closely with the Skills team to implement some PvP-only skill splits. Moving forward the PvP team will have more opportunity to make these skill splits as we see fit. It’s important to understand that skill splits should not change the core functionality of a skill. Players should be able to use a skill in PvE and have it do relatively the same thing in PvP, though it may be more or less effective depending on the game mode. This means that when we are looking to split out a skill, the changes are limited to the following areas:

• Recharge
  • Damage multipliers
  • Healing multipliers
  • Number of conditions/boons applied
  • Duration of conditions/boons applied
  • Skill cost (energy and initiative)

A lot can be done with these knobs, but there still will be cases where we identify a problem skill or trait that we feel cannot be addressed without a functional change. In these cases, we are continuing to work closely with the Skills team to find a solution that makes the most sense as a global change.

Now on to the changes! Note that all changes listed are global changes except for those that are designated as “PvP only.”

General:

• New PvP Amulet: Deadshot Amulet: 1050 Precision, 1050 Condition Damage, 560 Vitality, 560 Expertise
    • This amulet should be a viable choice for lower-HP precision proc-based condition classes, such as condition engineer and condition ranger. It provides strong offense, with some defense through vitality.
  • New PvP-only Rune: Rune of the Lynx: +175 power, +100 Condition Damage, +25% Movement Speed
    • We’re looking to add a viable damage-oriented movement speed rune to help professions with minimal access to in-combat movement speed or swiftness. This may impact match pacing, so we’re going to keep a close eye on it.

Elementalist

Support elementalist has long reigned supreme, but we’d like to see elementalist bring a bit more damage to the table. To start, we’re looking at giving scepter some stronger sustained damage to fill the gaps between their burst combos. The changes to Final Shielding are more QoL in nature, but should give the elementalist slightly better survivability when pressured in 1-on-1 scenarios. The greatest buff to the elementalist’s survivability will come as a result of reductions to other professions.

• Arc Lightning: The damage of this ability has been increased by 25% in PvP only.
  • Arcane Shield: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 60 to 40 seconds in PvP only.
  • Final Shielding: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 75 to 60 seconds The health threshold for activating Arcane Shield has been increased from 25% to 50%.
  • Glyph of Elemental Harmony: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 25 to 20 in PvP only.

Engineer

We’ve been making some gradual changes to pistol and rifle, hoping to bring them a bit more in line with hammer. As for Jump Shot, it’s difficult to land both the first and second attacks consistently unless you’re cleaving a downed player. To address this, we’ve moved some of the initial damage to the end of the attack, making it easier to spike. The total damage done by the skill will be the same.

• Blunderbuss: The damage of this ability has been increased by 10% at all range thresholds in PvP only.
  • Jump Shot: The damage of the initial jump has been reduced by 56%. The damage of the landing has been increased by 28%

Guardian

We’d like to give the guardian some core buffs to encourage non-elite spec play, ideally pushing them towards a potential support role. As for Dragonhunter, we’re seeing a disproportionate amount of play across all skill levels. We’re mostly happy with their damage output, and have decided to instead shave some of their utility.

• Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.
  • Virtue of Justice: Increased the Burning duration of the passive effect from 2 to 4 seconds in PvP only. Increased the amount of burning of the active effect from 1 to 3 stacks in PvP only.
  • Virtue of Resolve: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 45 to 30 in PvP only. The healing contribution of this ability has been increased by 87% in PvP only.
  • Virtue of Courage: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 60 to 40 seconds in PvP only.
  • Shield of Courage: Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to grant benefits without going on recharge.
  • Detonate Orb of Light: The healing contribution of this ability has been increased by 67%.
  • Line of Warding: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 40 to 30 seconds in PvP only.
  • Signet of Courage: The cooldown of this ability has been reduced from 180 to 120 seconds in PvP only.

Mesmer

Mesmer has been on our radar for a while now, but it’s a delicate situation. We’re going to keep the change list small for this update, focusing mostly on sustain, and reassess the situation mid-season.

• Echo of Memory: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 30 to 35 seconds in PvP only.
  • Restorative Illusions: The healing contribution of this trait has been increased by 285% in PvP only. The base healing modifiers for this trait have been adjusted as follows:
    • 0 Illusions shattered: Base healing modifier reduced by 62% in PvP only.
    • 1 Illusion shattered: Base healing modifier reduced by 50% in PvP only.
    • 2 Illusions shattered: Base healing modifier reduced by 42% in PvP only.
    • 3 Illusions shattered: Base healing modifier reduced by 36% in PvP only.

Revenant

Revenant is in an interesting place in PvP. It’s undoubtedly one of the more difficult professions to play, but when mastered it is devastating on the battlefield. We’re going to bring some elements of the main power build down slightly, while attempting to address the lack of stun-break in the standard Mallyx condition build.

• Surge of the Mists: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
  • Precision Strike: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.
  • Warding Rift: The cooldown of this ability has been increased from 12 to 15 seconds in PvP only.
  • Debilitating Slam: The energy cost of this ability has been reduced from 15 to 10.
  • Pain Absorption: This ability now breaks stun.

Thief

Thief has two very strong options between the dagger/pistol and staff builds. We’re putting in two small changes in this release that might open up additional options for pistol main-hand and sword builds. Sword already does top-tier damage between its auto-attack chain and various 3 skills – the changes to Infiltrator’s Strike should help make that damage land more consistently. The change to Shadow Strike should hopefully give a bit more punch to some off-meta condition builds.

• Infiltrator’s Strike: The range of this ability has been increased from 600 to 900 in PvP only. Immobilize duration has been increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.
  • Shadow Strike: Increased the amount of Torment applied by this ability from 2 to 4 stacks in PvP only.
Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Juice.3710

Juice.3710

Looks promising!

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Good changes in general.

Not sure if the nerfs to revenant is a bit too harsh. Without revenant’s firepower, it gets really hard to kill all those nasty bunkers in the game.

Still wishing for some more buffs to the large amount of unused skills/traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

I bet there will be a lot of hate from ppl unhappy with the changes, but I wanna see what this will bring. The only change where I would disagree is the mesmer one. Making it healing power reliant is a bad idea imo, just increase Illusionary Reversion from 2 to 3 clones, put an ICD on Chronophantasma and leave the healing as it is.

Also, your pretty much killed Rev. GG on that part. I mean, I abused it while it was OP for free climb in divisions, but those damage nerfs are bigger than the nerf-bat ele was hit with when it was nerfed smth like 4 months ago. I doubt rev will be picked after this.

in PvP

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Looking good so far, not every might agree with the changes but these are the type of meaningful changes this game mode needs, unlike the last balance patch
I’m pleasantly surprised as I was not expecting a balance patch, thanks!

in PvP

Posted by: philheat.3956

philheat.3956

Well, it was a long journey but I think now you killed definitely the Power revenant from the meta.

in PvP

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

PvP only fixes are very good for the game, especially if they tone down overpowering specs, but the really strange thing here to me is that so many of the skill buffs would diversify and improve gameplay in PvE as well. Things like making Signet of Courage have a less godawful cooldown should absolutely be reflected in PvE as well as PvP, for instance. Additionally, I can’t see any downside to echoing the Thief buffs in PvE; those weapons are horribly outclassed right now and could use further buffs.

Anyway, I guess I will be swapping back to condi Rev for S5! Poor power. >.>

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in PvP

Posted by: Paul.2054

Paul.2054

Poor Revs xD. May condi rev forever reign supreme.

Paul xD – Team P Z[PZ]

in PvP

Posted by: LoopySnoopy.7923

LoopySnoopy.7923

I wonder why no warrior changes, they are pretty mediocre in PvP not great but not bad. Give us warriors something to look forward to at least in PvP.

Too much agreement kills a chat.

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

As a rifle engi.

The rifle change looks to be taking rifle to the right direction, and honestly i think it would be fair to apply these changes to pve too, a more risky weapon for more damage value is an appreciated change.

Let’s see if the damage it’s now at pair with hammer.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Looking forward to trying out the Deadshot Amulet. Are there more changes coming for Warrior, Necro, and Ranger though?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Zaron.3270

Zaron.3270

Wishing they rework Berserk Hammer Primal skill and buff Hammer Warriors. Sick of condy.

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

This is most likely just an initial update and not the whole thing, think of it as a sneak peak if you want.

I wouldn’t comment too much on others before they actually start the season, but most of the changes looks promising, especially mallyx’s long waited stun break.

On the other hand, maybe I’ll try to dust off my odd guardian burn build and see how it goes. Now that it has both the duration and the burn stacks it might be a potent combo if survival-ability is spec right. I can probably boost it to 6-7s burn duration per passive proc, which is deadly when used with symbols’ multi-hit.

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

in PvP

Ivantreil.3092

Any dev here? as an engi, there will be any buffs that could encourage the use of gadgets? its one of those things that we would love to see.

(edited by Ivantreil.3092)

in PvP

Posted by: maxwelgm.4315

maxwelgm.4315

Independent of whatever you are changing, it is great that you’re finally doing it in a split manner. I hope PvE balance can be looked at too so that some stuff can be buffed there while preventing PvP powercreep **cough**necro**cough** . With that said, these particular changes are looking promising; I like how you’re slowly introducing a support role into Guardian (as it should have from start) and tuning up Elem damage.

in PvP

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

Revenant is in an interesting place in PvP. It’s undoubtedly one of the more difficult professions to play, but when mastered it is devastating on the battlefield. We’re going to bring some elements of the main power build down slightly,

• Surge of the Mists: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 50% in PvP only.
  • Precision Strike: The damage of this ability has been reduced by 33% in PvP only.

SLIGHTLY.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in PvP

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

I wonder why no warrior changes, they are pretty mediocre in PvP not great but not bad. Give us warriors something to look forward to at least in PvP.

We are looking pretty ok overall compared to some other professions. Besides, meta shifts on other professions affect us indirectly.

I am absolutely stoked though about more PvP split on abilities. Regardless of the changes, the fact that the devs are pushing for PvP abilities not being tied to the PvE meta will ultimately serve the SPvP community in the long run! And that applies vice-versa as well.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

• New PvP-only Rune: Rune of the Lynx: +175 power, +100 Condition Damage, +25% Movement Speed
  • We’re looking to add a viable damage-oriented movement speed rune to help professions with minimal access to in-combat movement speed or swiftness. This may impact match pacing, so we’re going to keep a close eye on it.

Amazing.

Although I’d really suggest including a Power-Based movement rune and a Condi-Based movement rune while still keeping an eye on movement runesets (I do HEAVILY welcome more Movement Runesets for all gamemodes)

Suggestions:

Rune of the TigerPower-main Movement Bonus Runeset

• 175 Power, 100 Precision (or ferocity), +25% Movement speed

Rune of the LynxCondition-main Movement Bonus Runeset

• 175 Condition, 100 Expertise, +25% Movement speed

in PvP

Posted by: Bopha Debs.3290

Bopha Debs.3290

Every time I decide I will pick up Rev and finally actually learn the class you guys nerf it. Are you watching me? Why do you do this to me?? /sad

in PvP

Posted by: Javonovich.5280

Javonovich.5280

Thank you! I think splitting the skills is the right direction to go in, and I’m glad you’re taking the comments from the pvp community seriously.

Super excited about the new season now.

in PvP

Exciton.8942

With this massive nerf to power revenant, I think it is good time to learn to play warrior again.

in PvP

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

how come none of the pvp changes apply to wvw?

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in PvP

Posted by: Aeroxe.8140

Aeroxe.8140

Revenant is in an interesting place in PvP. It’s undoubtedly one of the more difficult professions to play, but when mastered it is devastating on the battlefield. We’re going to bring some elements of the main power build down slightly,

SLIGHTLY.

Thief (main), ele, guard
Past member of most teams NA. Retired proleague season 1+2.
http://www.twitch.tv/aeroxe

in PvP

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

3 out of 9 classes get no changes?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in PvP

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Independent of whatever you are changing, it is great that you’re finally doing it in a split manner. I hope PvE balance can be looked at too so that some stuff can be buffed there while preventing PvP powercreep **cough**necro**cough** . With that said, these particular changes are looking promising; I like how you’re slowly introducing a support role into Guardian (as it should have from start) and tuning up Elem damage.

Echoing this sentiment: I’m also pleased the balance team is fixing this longstanding problem, though it also means overnerfed skills like Well of Precog will probably stay worthless since there won’t be a functionality split.

In any case, I’m eager to support this game again. Kudos, balance team.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

in PvP

Posted by: Mushin.3928

Mushin.3928

Glad I abandoned rev, as it looks like total kitten now.

in PvP

Posted by: Abelisk.4527

Abelisk.4527

PvP splitting is an excellent start to what could be one of the best PvP systems in an MMO, or the potential to be one.

The Elementalist change is absolutely great. Very welcome to see Arcane Shield have that much if a significant CD reduction. It could even make Elemental Surge viable… !

And another buff to the Glyph – I’m very very happyyyy+! With Inscription, the CD is a staggering 16.

Hope phoenix and Dragon’s Toith are buffed too, inom

(edited by Abelisk.4527)

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Omg could the developers stop nerfing rev ? This getting ****** annoying .. hope this gets re-thinked

in PvP

Posted by: velvetblanc.9140

velvetblanc.9140

SLIGHTLY.

in PvP

Posted by: Kastiel.1947

Kastiel.1947

Surge of the mists has been nerfed 3 times !!! And each time it’s by an atrocious number .. man you guys know how to ruin the mood

in PvP

Posted by: rbbthole.9074

rbbthole.9074

Thief

We’re putting in two small changes in this release that might open up additional options for pistol main-hand and sword builds

• Infiltrator’s Strike: The range of this ability has been increased from 600 to 900 in PvP only. Immobilize duration has been increased from 1 to 1.5 seconds in PvP only.

I don’t want to sound too harsh so I’ll start saying thanks for the try, but you really need to play this game because you look like you lack profession knowledge.. If you want to give sword a chance as a viable build (not only in PvP but in WvW too), you definitely have to redo some of the nerf you land on it (after HoT those nerf become too heavy).

Let me help you just a little bit:

1) Remove casting time from Infiltrator’s Return. (global)
2) You can use Larcenous Strike even if Flanking Strike doesn’t land on the target (pvp only/Global)
3) Pistol Whip casting time reduced to 0,5s/0,25s (pvp only)
4) Bring Larcenous Strike cost back to 1 initiative (pvp only)
5) Reduce Infiltrator’s Strike cost to 2 initiative (global)

IL

ps: I’m sorry for my English, I hope you can understand what I wrote.

in PvP

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Is this the full list of balance changes coming with the patch or is there more waiting for us?

Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.

Also, since it doesn’t mention PvP only, is it safe to assume this change will hit PvE too?

in PvP

Exciton.8942

Surge of the mists has been nerfed 3 times !!! And each time it’s by an atrocious number .. man you guys know how to ruin the mood

0.85*0.85*0.5 = 0.36125.

Rev staff 5 will only do 36% of the damage it could when expansion first came out.

in PvP

Posted by: TinyK.5326

TinyK.5326

I feel like this is definitely a step in the right direction for PvP however releasing this on the same day as season starts is not going to be very pleasant. We won’t have any time to practice or test out any builds before the season. Either way really nice work from the team.

Revenant though… Why? You killed it from raiding and now it looks like it’s going to completely die in PvP too. it’s one of the hardest classes to play in PvP imo now it feels like it’s going to be impossible to play now. /Sad

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Omg could the developers stop nerfing rev ? This getting ****** annoying .. hope this gets re-thinked

It seems they have logs and numbers.

REV easy burst combo is main reason why meta is bunky. And it is the main reason since season 1. Nerfing all tank because of REV dps opness was not the appropriate answer.

But still, easy REV burst with evade will still work and do what it need.

But now, not every joe would make it happen.

It will get the same with next xpac. The new OP classes of the Power of Sales will look at all others getting specialization nerfes and will have their own after everything got change again.

Enjoy a game where the META is not made by the player decision from their builds, but by the nerf and buff of the dev.

But so far, so good. I like those little balances changes and always find a way to do what I have fun with in this game. I still miss bunker guard, but I did adapt to new meta and many meta died (shoutbow war, bunker guard, decap engi, power necro were my favorite) since then.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Ivantreil.3092

Is this the full list of balance changes coming with the patch or is there more waiting for us?

Piercing Light: This trait no longer causes traps to daze enemies and will instead inflict the Slow condition on enemies for 1.5 seconds on the initial ‘trigger’ of a trap.

Also, since it doesn’t mention PvP only, is it safe to assume this change will hit PvE too?

I assume theres more, because the post mentioned changes to pistol engie, but theres nothing written about it in the balance changes

in PvP

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

As for Jump Shot, it’s difficult to land both the first and second attacks consistently unless you’re cleaving a downed player. To address this, we’ve moved some of the initial damage to the end of the attack, making it easier to spike. The total damage done by the skill will be the same.

This is actually a nerf btw, considering how easy the 2nd hit is to avoid and how often rifle engi needs to use jump shot for actual repositioning, as it needs to stay mid-range most of the time to actually avoid damage. The problem with rifle isn’t that rifle is bad, it’s that hammer and most of the new HoT stuff are just leagues better. That, and all the additional stability and reflects HoT added makes it very hard to land overcharged shot when it matters. Stop looking at how to bring old meta weapons up, and start looking at how to bring the new ones down. Power creep isn’t good for anyone.

—EDIT— and also revert the gear shield nerf (it wasn’t a problem anyway), and revert the trait buff instead (it wasn’t needed and nobody asked for it). The gear shield nerf and the healing turret cast time nerf hurt core engi more than any buffs you can give could possibly help.

in PvP

Sykper.6583

bunker burn guards inc woooo…….

Just run Signet of Might Variant Condi War.

Kappa

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

in PvP

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

The change to Shadow Strike should hopefully give a bit more punch to some off-meta condition builds.

What would give more punch to ‘off-meta condition builds’ (Read: P/D) would be to actually address the garbage condi application of the MH pistol steath attack. It’d be great if this can one day at least pretend to be in line with the bleeds that D/D Death Blossom is capable of racking up against a single target, to say nothing of the 3 targets plus evades that D/D enjoys when wearing out their initiative on this skill.

in PvP

Posted by: DomAltares.8651

DomAltares.8651

The gear shield nerf and the healing turret cast time nerf hurt core engi more than any buffs you can give could possibly help.

No worries. Coming soon to patch notes near you:

“The greatest buff to the Engineer’s survivability will come as a result of reductions to other professions.”*

*Now with more Purity of Purpose.

in PvP

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I assume theres more, because the post mentioned changes to pistol engie, but theres nothing written about it in the balance changes

It mentions that they ‘have been’ as in past and present, so I think they might be referring to the love pistol got last round of adjustments.

• Blunderbuss: The damage of this ability has been increased by 10% at all range thresholds in PvP only.

Not sure why this was PVP only considering this is a marginal at best gain in DPS to use in PVE (not worth using over alternatives basically), but whatever, not sure 10% would change much anyways.

in PvP

Posted by: ImdA.4701

ImdA.4701

SLIGHTLY.

in PvP

Sykper.6583

Oh god kitten Jerus! You had to say it!

Now we are going to have Rifle Engi Blunderbusses all S5. RIP META.

Edit: Rev will be fine, hell the DH change for Piercing Light probably worse overall, interrupts are gone!

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

(edited by Sykper.6583)

in PvP

Posted by: Poelala.2830

Poelala.2830

Can you change lucid singularity and tempestuos aria and latent stamina? They’re terrible for elite spec traits

in PvP

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Good to see some PvP only changes even if I don’t agree with all of them.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in PvP

Posted by: dustydawg.3105

dustydawg.3105

Engi changes: Play hammer or gtfo

in PvP

Posted by: YourFriendMarvin.4127

YourFriendMarvin.4127

As for Jump Shot, it’s difficult to land both the first and second attacks consistently unless you’re cleaving a downed player. To address this, we’ve moved some of the initial damage to the end of the attack, making it easier to spike. The total damage done by the skill will be the same.

This is actually a nerf btw, considering how easy the 2nd hit is to avoid and how often rifle engi needs to use jump shot for actual repositioning, as it needs to stay mid-range most of the time to actually avoid damage. The problem with rifle isn’t that rifle is bad, it’s that hammer and most of the new HoT stuff are just leagues better. That, and all the additional stability and reflects HoT added makes it very hard to land overcharged shot when it matters. Stop looking at how to bring old meta weapons up, and start looking at how to bring the new ones down. Power creep isn’t good for anyone.

—EDIT— and also revert the gear shield nerf (it wasn’t a problem anyway), and revert the trait buff instead (it wasn’t needed and nobody asked for it). The gear shield nerf and the healing turret cast time nerf hurt core engi more than any buffs you can give could possibly help.

I agree with this, but the healing turret cast time isn’t a big deal. It means you have to be aware of when you heal. It was kinda needed for counter play, pvp wise. As for rifle, yeah you didn’t need to nerf the initial cast. Like he said, the last part is what people are dodging.

#MostTeamQueueWins before December 2nd, 2014 Patch
[NA]Rank 71 before April 15th, 2014 Feature Patch OG Moltres, 10k Champion Brawler, Team PZ
http://www.twitch.tv/yourfriendmarvin

in PvP

Posted by: Dragonfeu.4356

Dragonfeu.4356

Revenant has no place in raids and now gutted in pvp.

I’m guessing you’re aiming to popularise condi rev by nerfing staff/buffing mallyx but it’s plagued with bugs.

Congratulations, you have reduced the build diversity from one to none

(edited by Dragonfeu.4356)

in PvP

Posted by: Sorem.9157

Sorem.9157

First of all, Cuddos on splitting balance though. Great Call. But i can’t help but to show my frustration on the notes itself

Why would you do this kind of “balance” to a class that has a high skill ceiling such as revenant? Seriously. The class is hard to play, you said it yourself, so it should be rewarding. This kind of nerf you cant ‘’work your way around’’ with skill. Youre punishing both the experienced and the unexperienced revenant for rev being too strong on high level. A good balance to a class that is hard to play tho too overpowered if mastered should involve making it easier to play yet nerfing characteristics that only high level revenants can take advantage of.

Im not saying i agree with nerfing revenant at all. Im saying that if youre gonna do it, do it the right way.

MIGHTY SOREM STRIKES AGAIN!!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Such shame pvp team, tired being beaten by pve players and their pve bragging skillz? shame indeed.

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.