Upcoming PvP Changes Discussion on Ready Up at 12PM PST

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

Hey all,

Evan Lesh and I will be talking about the upcoming December 2 PvP changes during Ready Up today at 12PM PST (2 1/2 hours from this post). Yes, I know it’s Wednesday and not Friday, but it’s Thanksgiving week here in the US.

Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

If you have any specific questions about PvP blogs we released last week, feel free to ask them here and I’ll see if I can get them added to the list.

Overview blog: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/announcing-improvements-to-pvp-and-the-ladder-test-season/
Match Flow changes: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/go-with-the-flow/
Matchmaking changes: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/finding-the-perfect-match/

Thanks!

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Q: Courtyard will be always available only for the custom arena or it will be put in “practice” or other mode?

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Thanks a lot! I just want to drop by and say the changes are definitely positive, and I hope you keep working on more PvP features/balance fix so this doesn’t become just a one time fix per 6 months.

Questions: tell us more about your plan for
1) accumulated disconnects timer? (Not for this patch, but for next patch)
2) build templates?
3) better rewards for PvP/ more unique rewards/ emotes/ minis/ skin/ increased precursor drop rate
4) report feature so people can report afk and intentional bad play

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

in PvP

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

I’ll play the devil’s advocate here: Will there be balance changes?

in PvP

Posted by: SoLeciTO.3490

SoLeciTO.3490

Compensating a 4v5 match is one of the main issues with SPVP.

Another user came up with the idea to make respawn time shorter for the team with 4 people.

Personally i see this as a very good option to solve the issue, can you tell us what option are you considering to solve this?

in PvP

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Why does it take so much longer for sPvP to make turn-a-rounds based on player suggestions and data vs the PvE side of the game?

I would have thought changes like these would have been announced along side the WTS open and the more recent weekly tournaments for actual money.

I understand that all things take time but 2 years seems a bit too long.. If its an issue of not enough data inflow then maybe that should be a red flag in of itself.

So whats going on at Anet that held these changes from happening sooner and more frequently?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in PvP

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why does it take so much longer for sPvP to make turn-a-rounds based on player suggestions and data vs the PvE side of the game?

Because sPvP changes needs to be fully balanced and needs to consider much more things than the PvE side of things?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: Genoshock.2104

Genoshock.2104

When does this start?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

When does this start?

45 minutes from now

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I highly doubt it, but you bring up a good point. Didn’t ANet say in the past that they want balance changes to be more frequent? We’re back in the 4-6mo time frame again, aren’t we?

in PvP

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

There needs to be at least small balance changes to Celestial amulet or might stacking or Ele. But, we probably won’t get any lol

Ranger//Necro

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Balance is currently great, all classes have at least 2 builds which are seen in tournys and actualy doing well with them.

• Could next balance be more on sigils/runes?
    Air+fire , doom and battle sigil. Nightmare / balta / all might runes come to mind.
  • will you release newly gathered data on skyham ?
  • only complain: TURRETS

Nevertheless great job and thank you

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Kor.5983

Kor.5983

Can we expect another “Call of the Mists” PvP buff with either the next tournament or with seasons?

Should we expect any changes to the amount of rank points awarded by the different types of PvP game modes, i.e. Ranked vs. Unranked vs. Practice?

Is the Silverwastes Reward Track going to be updated with each consecutive LS release to include new end reward boxes?

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

With the new changes to the que/charswitching we need build templates even more. I think this one should come with the 2. december patch. The other stuff we get is great and i love it, maybe some tweaks to the rewards at the end of the season are needed, but of course its only a test season so i guess i will be happy with it

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

Q: Courtyard will be always available only for the custom arena or it will be put in “practice” or other mode?

I couldn’t watch the stream but i read the dulfy notes and i see this:

“During tournament seasons, only “tournament” maps are available but in offseasons all maps, including Courtyard will be available (Courtyard was available previously only in custom arenas)”

So, i presume, it means Courtyard will be available for practice and unranked mode too and for rated match in off season.

This is interesting because it means we will have a Deathmatch 5vs5 and not conquest, for every mode, and it’s a new scenario and new tactics.

Of course, Courtyard needs to be chosen but there will be a chance for a Deathmatch and not conquest.

Am I right?

in PvP

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

So is this setting the ground work for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 5v5 deathmatch arenas? I certainly hope so!

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

I think it will be always 5vs5

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Balance is currently great, all classes have at least 2 builds which are seen in tournys and actualy doing well with them.

• Could next balance be more on sigils/runes?
    Air+fire , doom and battle sigil. Nightmare / balta / all might runes come to mind.
  • will you release newly gathered data on skyham ?
  • only complain: TURRETS

Nevertheless great job and thank you

In a game which does not have a competitive scene balance should primarily be used to make the game fun. Currently there are too many spammy and frustrating aspects to the game which ruin the fun. Try fighting a thief porting in and out and perma dodging whilst random auto attacking you for 5k with sigils and tell me that is fun. It is balanced because everything is super lame. But where is the fun or counter play to such things.

In fact even for a game which is highly competitive the balance needs to support fun. Let alone GW2 where there are about 50 people who take things seriously.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

During the stream Josh mentioned something about Courtyard and I think maps as a point to discuss with Evan, but since it was a list of points to discuss it seemed to have slipped his mind and the discussion, whatever it was supposed to be, never happened.

What was this about (aking Josh/Evan since only they would know).

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Zephyron.7081

They did post a CDI for sPvP game modes. I’m still waiting to see what has come from that discussion. 2v2 arenas were widely asked for by many, many players, as well as other popular game modes like moba, etc…

So far, we have a GUI update and a match making update with a dishonor system. Wow, I really hope there is more coming soon…

I just wish the development didn’t move at such a snail’s pace….Anet, please at least give us more of a timeline for sPvP updates…a ballpark road map with the disclaimer that nothing is set in stone, maybe?

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

They did post a CDI for sPvP game modes. I’m still waiting to see what has come from that discussion. 2v2 arenas were widely asked for by many, many players, as well as other popular game modes like moba, etc…

So far, we have a GUI update and a match making update with a dishonor system. Wow, I really hope there is more coming soon…

I just wish the development didn’t move at such a snail’s pace….Anet, please at least give us more of a timeline for sPvP updates…a ballpark road map with the disclaimer that nothing is set in stone, maybe?

I agree with you, i really like arena 2vs2 or 3vs3, i suggested this mode many times in other my previous topic..

But i think in this patch, everything will be set for 5vs5 with the same matchmaking rules, so if people vote for Courtyard, there will be a 5vs5 DM no 3vs3 or 2vs2.

At least is what i guess, i hope a dev can give us better infos.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

from dulfy notes:
Now there is a dishonor stat that is separate from time out. If you decline a match prompt, you will get a bit of dishonor. If you dc during a match at anytime, you will also get a bit more dishonor (2-3 times more). Whenever you get dishonor, you get a timed out where you can’t join arenas that lasts the longer the more dishonor you have.

does this means, once we got disconnected due to server issues, we cannot rejoin the match?

in PvP

MarkPhilips.5169

from dulfy notes:
Now there is a dishonor stat that is separate from time out. If you decline a match prompt, you will get a bit of dishonor. If you dc during a match at anytime, you will also get a bit more dishonor (2-3 times more). Whenever you get dishonor, you get a timed out where you can’t join arenas that lasts the longer the more dishonor you have.

does this means, once we got disconnected due to server issues, we cannot rejoin the match?

I think you can rejoin but at the end the match you will get dishonor + loss penalty and you can’t go in queue for X time.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

There needs to be at least small balance changes to Celestial amulet or might stacking or Ele. But, we probably won’t get any lol

Needs to be balance change on engineers in general. (They completely nerfed my build, AR build, nobody runs it, needs to be balanced (good way, bring back the 100% or make it more incentful than it currently is (50% nerfed from original design, pretty bad shape atm)), everyone complains about turrets, needs balancing, nades are still considered the strong ae condi’s needs balancing). ‘close to same amount of bad talk about engineers as there is to skyhammer’.

I cant believe people still wondering about balance. You know starcraft, they got there game right and they didn’t constantly balance because people wanted change, you didn’t see a zergling meta to a hydra meta to a zealot meta due to balance changes, I don’t remember any balance that needed to happen in starcraft.

One thing that hasn’t been mention yet is will dishonor reset? Like will people be able to abuse it, say it resets every month.

What about hotjoins, obviously it isn’t fun anymore and all serious, and has been on a decline, anything you going to do about it or you just going to let it die out?

Why do you think unrated que has to be there if you already have unrated… Hotjoins.

You remember when you had 2 team que and 8 team que. The thing was the 2 team que had better rewards so everyone did it and hardly anyone did 8 team que. (probably why 8 team que is no longer here, not because it wasn’t what people wanted, but because they (anet) wanted 2 team que to take over and get support by giving it better rewards. I have a feeling this unrated que is going to be that 8 team que. If I remember there was long long wait times, not worth it.

in PvP

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

for all us that hold your game alive with the only gamestyle that other Games lack: WvW when can we see some love ? EotM was given to PvE, lots are given to sPvP. Season for WvW isnt really anything new or remotly intresting, som new Maps, WvW based things only, better rewards or rewards that come close to matching PvE rewards stuff like that ?

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Next

If you get disconnected you can still reconnect, but you will receive dishonor regardless.

So, i presume, it means Courtyard will be available for practice and unranked mode too and for rated match in off season.

This is interesting because it means we will have a Deathmatch 5vs5 and not conquest, for every mode, and it’s a new scenario and new tactics.

Am I right?

Correct.

Can we expect another “Call of the Mists” PvP buff with either the next tournament or with seasons?

You should expect it for the World Tournament Series Finals, starting late next week.

(edited by Josh Davis.6015)

in PvP

GOSU.9574

If you get disconnected you can still reconnect, but you will receive dishonor regardless.

Am I right?

Correct.

You should expect it for the World Tournament Series Finals, starting late next week.

During the stream Josh mentioned something about Courtyard and I think maps as a point to discuss with Evan, but since it was a list of points to discuss it seemed to have slipped his mind and the discussion, whatever it was supposed to be, never happened.

What was this about (aking Josh/Evan since only they would know).

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

Snip.

I’m still not sure what you’re asking. Are you talking about “season” map rotations? Pretty sure we addressed this in the show.

All maps will be available during “off-seasons”, such as the time between Dec 2 and Dec 16. Once the ladder test season kicks off on December 16th, we’ll be limiting the available map pool to “tournament maps”.

in PvP

Posted by: SaintSnow.6593

SaintSnow.6593

Read the ready up notes. These changes are top notch lads.
Praise da lawd it’s happening.

Attachments:

Säïnt

in PvP

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Just watched Ready Up looks sic! HORNS OF WAR!! :P

Necromancer Main

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

I agree with you, i really like arena 2vs2 or 3vs3, i suggested this mode many times in other my previous topic..

But i think in this patch, everything will be set for 5vs5 with the same matchmaking rules, so if people vote for Courtyard, there will be a 5vs5 DM no 3vs3 or 2vs2.

2v2 and 3v3 would be too good to be true in this coming patch which makes me believe it will just be 5v5 from what I’ve seen so far. At least im glad they are taking courtyard into consideration, it will give pvp some variety for sure.

in PvP

GOSU.9574

Snip.

I’m still not sure what you’re asking. Are you talking about “season” map rotations? Pretty sure we addressed this in the show.

All maps will be available during “off-seasons”, such as the time between Dec 2 and Dec 16. Once the ladder test season kicks off on December 16th, we’ll be limiting the available map pool to “tournament maps”.

Uh yeah…I went back and rewatched it and I am not sure where I thought you were giving a talking points list. Everything was covered, I must have been watching something that wasn’t in the stream….yeah….that’s it……

(seriously I have no idea where I got what I was asking, it just isn’t there)

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

How about “Greater Call of the Mists” for the WTS Finals weekend?

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

in PvP

Posted by: jdawgie.1835

jdawgie.1835

I would love a 2v2 or 3v3. I REALLY REALLY LOVE LOVE THE IDEA of a 2v2 or 3v3 It should be a death match IMO. Something similar to what foe fire mid looks like.

Inserrection [RIOT]

in PvP

Zephyron.7081

Am I right?

Correct.

[/quote]

Josh,

Is adding Courtyard with a new scenario and new tactics a way to test if deathmatch is popular enough to add 2v2, 3v3 deathmatch arenas?

If shown to be popular, is there an approximate timeline when such changes would take place that we can all be privy too?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

it took you long but the heck this update is delightfull!!!!

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”