Upcoming Ranked Arena Map Rotation Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

I played one Skyhammer game yesterday. Guys, the camera when you cap close/far is really, really awful. I have to zoom in to understand what’s happening. You are going to put that map on ranked without fixing it? And leave out Capricorn which is much loved by the community? I mean… sometimes decisions are pretty obvious, its like the one-week Halloween overtime and the removal of DR for labyrinth in PVE. Everybody liked it.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Very glad to hear Stronghold is not going to be a viable ranking tool and that you are taking the season a bit more seriously.

I am not sure what to make of Skyhammer. To be fair, I haven’t even loaded the map, so that is probably my fault.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

Good decision.
I even liked skyhammer with all the falls :-). I just dislike the cannon.
And capricorn is a good one for pvp too that can be put in ranked.

in PvP

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

A message from the PvP Team:

We wanted to give you a quick heads-up regarding some changes coming to the Ranked Arena map pool for Season 5.

• Skyhammer will be added to Ranked Arena on a trial basis.
  • Battle for Champion’s Dusk (Stronghold) will be removed from Ranked Arena.

GOOD! Stronghold out of ranked leagues!

Although I cannot stand Skyhammer, at least the map has been tried and tested.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

Irresponsible!
Your guy fail for GW2.

in PvP

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

The boring skyhammer will be added? That one with the to small map (okay both had a to small map, but because of the traps the old one feelt bigger)? That skyhammer that becomes a slaughter because of the map size?

And most importand, that skyhammer that became idiot proof by adding baby safety nets and making the junping-pads skill free lifts?

Pleas tell me, i missunderstood it and they don’t mean that skyhammer version!

EDIT; I loved the old skyhammer, it required some doging skill, taking care of your surouding and teached movement (and for all who say it required to much stability, i never used stability – even when i fought in the skyhammer-base)
But the hammer was to strong/skillfree – a trebugee like mechanik could work there

(edited by Tiefsee.3647)

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The boring skyhammer will be added? That one with the to small map (okay both had a to small map, but because of the traps the old one feelt bigger)? That skyhammer that becomes a slaughter because of the map size?

And most importand, that skyhammer that became idiot proof by adding baby safety nets and making the junping-pads skill free lifts?

Pleas tell me, i missunderstood it and they don’t mean that skyhammer version!

EDIT; I loved the old skyhammer, it required some doging skill, taking care of your surouding and teached movement (and for all who say it required to much stability, i never used stability – even when i fought in the skyhammer-base)
But the hammer was to strong/skillfree – a trebugee like mechanik could work there

Agree here. It was nice to have it diffrent. Just won´t need the cannon, but the skillful environement was fun, even if it supports pull/push. It´s OK to adapt.

in PvP

Posted by: daltondeguzman.1594

daltondeguzman.1594

Good change removing stronghold from ranked. 99% of people don’t belong In legendary, maybe this will remove about 80 percent of them

in PvP

Posted by: zedapoc.1493

zedapoc.1493

Wow, folks are actually sad stronghold is no longer ranked?

My guildies and I played a total of 3 stronghold matches since its been released, it was about a month ago. We were all on ts and entered our fist match with our standard pvp builds. We were rolling the other team in fights, it was an absolute curb party kind of thing. Then we realized we were losing horribly in the score, were completely confused that kills didn’t matter, and lost the match by about 350 points.

So we reset our buillds, ignored the enemy players 90% of the time the next two matches and won by about 400 points each time. We had a good laugh about the whole thing and decided never to bother with that mess again.

If the best strategy in a pvp game mode is to largely avoid pvp, something is seriously wrong. Most pve folks won’t like t because it’s still sort of pvp, most pvp folks wont like it because there’s hardly any pvp. Home run, Anet.

in PvP

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Literally the best way to win on stronghold is to do nothing but heal the first 5 doorbreakers, kill the guards, make it to the lord room and kill the lord, ignoring any form of PvP. Match is over in 3 minutes and you do nothing but heal and kill NPCs.

It’s not a moba nor GW1 GvG, it’s an abomination.

^ This

A map where players could get Legendary PVP title without actually needing to kill players.

I agree with Stronghold removal by why add Skyhammer and not Coliseum or Capricorn?

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in PvP

Posted by: Stormy Dragon.9210

Stormy Dragon.9210

I like the new Skyhammer map.

There’s a big chunk of the PVP community that doesn’t want to ever have to learn any new game styles and thus will hate on anything that’s not Foefire-Forrest-Khylo simply because it’s not Foefire-Forrest-Khylo.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcineczek.7968

Marcineczek.7968

Hello guys I would like to know when the season starts? I would like to start my adventure with creating The Ascension

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

Hello guys I would like to know when the season starts? I would like to start my adventure with creating The Ascension

We have no info about that yet, but im surely something will drop for wintersday

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in PvP

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

I played one Skyhammer game yesterday. Guys, the camera when you cap close/far is really, really awful. I have to zoom in to understand what’s happening.

We’re looking into some changes for the side points to address this.

Can you guys add spirit watch and Capricorn please. Both are fantastic maps. So is the new coliseum map.

Glad to hear you enjoy the new maps! We’re happy that the initial reception of Coliseum and Capricorn was positive, but we’re still evaluating some map changes to address point-to-point run times and routes. I think they’re great candidates for ranked in a future season.

in PvP

Posted by: lethotix.2973

lethotix.2973

Please do not add skyhammer to ranked. Still a terrible map. The second objective is horrible. It can flip the match but its not really worth going for. But if someone does go you have to dedicate someone to go defend it. If your down its more beneficial to try and take than it is to try and defend it if your up with multiple points. Its like having a 4th node. Which like on capricorn I think isn’t conducive to good play. Not to mention the bad camera angles at every pillar.

in PvP

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

I really like this decision. Pleas, Anet, never try to add another game mode to pvp. Conquest is what pvp in gw2 is and any future maps really should be conquest.

Skyhammer is a good map now and I am glad to see a new ranked map, although jump pads do need changing in my opinion this is a minor thing and the rest of the map is great. I am looking forward to some epic knock back plays to cause people to fall from the cannon to their death

What I am even MORE excited about though is maybe seeing skyhammer in next year’s Esports events! I can’t wait to see the best players in the game on this map to see how they would play it, plus it would allow a best of 5 to have a different map for each game which would be great for next year’s LAN events. I hope that because it is being put in ranked, it will be in competitive events because that would increase the viewers of these events even more than the events already have. The competitive scene really is growing right now and this can only help.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

in PvP

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Can you guys add spirit watch and Capricorn please. Both are fantastic maps. So is the new coliseum map.

Glad to hear you enjoy the new maps! We’re happy that the initial reception of Coliseum and Capricorn was positive, but we’re still evaluating some map changes to address point-to-point run times and routes. I think they’re great candidates for ranked in a future season.

Yea man, the new maps are pretty good. I really like how you guys try to add a unique aspect to each map. The artifacts for the coliseum are a great idea, it gives you a advantage if you get them but they aren’t so overwhelming that it becomes a necessity to win the match.

Spirit watch is unappreciated, its one of my favorite maps. Its well designed and I really appreciate the vertical design of the map. Ever since the changes to the orb and its spawn time it has been even better. I can’t understand why people hate the map at all, especially after the changes.

Ultimately all the maps are very good. I would love to see all of them in the rotation. Some times you just have to force it upon people because they simply will not accept anything other than the usual foefire or forest. Heck, I don’t even see Khylo played much anymore. Its sad.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in PvP

Ivantreil.3092

Please do not add skyhammer to ranked. Still a terrible map. The second objective is horrible. It can flip the match but its not really worth going for. But if someone does go you have to dedicate someone to go defend it. If your down its more beneficial to try and take than it is to try and defend it if your up with multiple points. Its like having a 4th node. Which like on capricorn I think isn’t conducive to good play. Not to mention the bad camera angles at every pillar.

Thats so contradictory, if you say its not worth, then why the need to fight for it, if you say the second objective is a threat then its worth taking it, simple as that.

in PvP

Posted by: Shadowstep.6049

Shadowstep.6049

Urghhh skyhammer…..

SH was never going to be competitive due to too much pve~

in PvP

Ivantreil.3092

Urghhh skyhammer…..

Skyhammer can be bad at camera issues, or claustrophobic battles, but pve? really? wtf of pve in Skyhammer are you talking about?, Foefire and Forest are more pve than Skyhammer.

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Urghhh skyhammer…..

Skyhammer can be bad at camera issues, or claustrophobic battles, but pve? really? wtf of pve in Skyhammer are you talking about?, Foefire and Forest are more pve than Skyhammer.

I think he meant SH=stronghold. Yeah it can be confusing :p

in PvP

Posted by: Excelvior.8520

Excelvior.8520

I played one Skyhammer game yesterday. Guys, the camera when you cap close/far is really, really awful. I have to zoom in to understand what’s happening.

We’re looking into some changes for the side points to address this.

Thank you, that will be great!

in PvP

Posted by: Chapell.1346

Chapell.1346

Great news! Time to learn and improve map awareness and environmental .bgm. Also side point are nicely done consider them as a Blindspot when you miscalculated using your camera view (throwing some bone).

[Urge]
Between a master and apprentice, i would love to see the differences.

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

Guess I’m sticking to unranked in Season 5. Battle of Champion’s Dusk is the only map I’m interested in.

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

will be keeping an eye on your feedback throughout the season.

A trial bases is an entire season? Sounds legit.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Whats wrong with that?

My biggest issues with hammer is the jump pads that mess with players movements and the ledges that cant be teleported to. Is there a chance we get better teleporting mechanics or has Anet giving up on creating a good one. At least the map is much better, can knock the effort.

For future expansions, please dont create skill mechanics the team doesnt have the abilities for. It just causes more issues that no one wants. For example, the “no valid path” madness that lasted for weeks and thief/guardian shadowstep being more reliable than Necro’s minion recall and Rev’s shadow step.

I dont know what build logic is being used for the teleports but it would be nice if something was done about it before skyhammer drops

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Good job on adding Skyhammer. Foefire and forest are getting old. Very old.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in PvP

Posted by: Trigr.6481

Trigr.6481

Whats wrong with that?

My biggest issues with hammer is the jump pads that mess with players movements and the ledges that cant be teleported to. Is there a chance we get better teleporting mechanics or has Anet giving up on creating a good one. At least the map is much better, can knock the effort.

For future expansions, please dont create skill mechanics the team doesnt have the abilities for. It just causes more issues that no one wants. For example, the “no valid path” madness that lasted for weeks and thief/guardian shadowstep being more reliable than Necro’s minion recall and Rev’s shadow step.

I dont know what build logic is being used for the teleports but it would be nice if something was done about it before skyhammer drops

Because there’s no point to it. A month tops is more than enough time to get the data you need, any more than that and you’re wasting everyone’s time.

in PvP

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

Whats wrong with that?

Because there’s no point to it. A month tops is more than enough time to get the data you need, any more than that and you’re wasting everyone’s time.

do you know what kind of data they are looking for?

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

skyhammer sucks even now, the map is just not fit for proper play, but whatever, kyhlo kinda sucks too but i guess we got over it already

good change about removing stronghold from ranked play, the free boost to legend rank game mode just had to go, however it took you way too long to do that as with many other proper pvp changes in that game anyway

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: Om Im.7863

Om Im.7863

Whats wrong with that?

Anti-teleport elements of terrain exist in this game for a reason.

in PvP

Posted by: MissCee.1295

MissCee.1295

Frankly I’m very disappointed by Anet’s decision to include Skyhammer in the ranked rotation. I loved the old Skyhammer. Unlike the Trebuchet in Khylo which takes forever to aim, the Skyhammer was almost point & shoot. However, you needed to watch the mini map like a hawk to know where to shoot for most benefit and constantly be on guard for incoming to take you out. Since Anet pummeled it with a nerf bat it feels like just any ol’ map. Will certainly never be getting my vote come Season 5

My toons: Loki Thunderstruck, Loki Livewire,Loki Spellbound, Loki Meanstreak

Find pvp players: https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: Sinmir.6504

Sinmir.6504

What was wrong with Stronghold being available? People could uncheck it if they didn’t want to do it, just like we could uncheck Conquest if we didn’t want to play it. Maybe unranked should stay as it is, uncheck stronghol or conquest as you see fit but have ranked so that the Conquest maps and BoCD both show up to be voted for. I would prefer if it just stayed as it was for S4 as if it gets voted for and most of the players are mainly Conquest players then they won’t know the map, and also not wanting to play Conquest Stronghold players would need to endure a few Conquest matches.

in PvP

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Coming to voice my opinion that Capricorn is a way better map than skyhammer for ranked.