Update on 4-Stat Amulet Changes

in PvP

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A message from the PvP Team:

The Vigilant and Crusader amulet were removed today. We had intended to remove these amulets with yesterday’s kick off to Season 2 but a bug prevented that change from going through. Here is what we previously stated, which still holds true:

“We removed several PvP amulets from rotation because they pushed gameplay in a direction that we weren’t happy with. These amulets were then replaced with four new four-stat amulets, none of which has either Toughness or Vitality as a primary stat.”

We currently have no plans for any additional changes to amulets for Season 2 (including removals or additions), but we will continue to monitor amulet use in relation to the state of PvP throughout this season and may make other changes to amulets for future seasons as needed.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in PvP

Posted by: Tontonino.9736

Tontonino.9736

I am SO happy the vigilant/crusader meta is out of the game!

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

you should monitor amulet with healing power it makes some classes stupidly tanky when it is useless to other classe.
I don’t really think any amulet should have 1000+ healing power.

in PvP

Posted by: OneWordName.3761

OneWordName.3761

Instead of just insinuating like most people, I’ll directly ask:

Does ANYONE in your department actually play pvp?

in PvP

Posted by: shrek.1046

shrek.1046

you should monitor amulet with healing power it makes some classes stupidly tanky when it is useless to other classe.

Yes lets reduce build variety even further……………..

in PvP

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Anyone using one of these before should make sure they have an amulet equipped before starting a match?

in PvP

Posted by: LDJ Nine.2047

LDJ Nine.2047

The players that purchased these will get refunds, correct? I purchased Vigilant yesterday. >.>

I Played Necro Before it was Cool.
Death Windfola [GIT] (Devona’s Rest)

in PvP

Posted by: Alekt.5803

Alekt.5803

“These amulets were then replaced with four new four-stat amulets, none of which has either Toughness or Vitality as a primary stat.”

Where are the new amulets for replacement?

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

The players that purchased these will get refunds, correct? I purchased Vigilant yesterday. >.>

Was just going to post about this.. I had crusaders and didn’t get the gold mailed back to me.. Last time they removed amulets I got the gold mailed back..

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

crusader was free

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Was just going to post about this.. I had crusaders and didn’t get the gold mailed back to me.. Last time they removed amulets I got the gold mailed back..

I remember crusader doesn’t require purchase to use/

in PvP

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Previous

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Yes you will be refunded your gold.

in PvP

Posted by: briggah.7910

briggah.7910

I remember crusader doesn’t require purchase to use/

crusader was free

Ahhh oks.. I sorta remembered something about certain ones being free but wasn’t sure if that was one of them. You are guys are right since I don’t really use them stats so not sure why I would have bought it lol Thanks for clearing that up

Player Vs Everyone
youtube channel - twitch channel

(edited by briggah.7910)

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

crusader amulet was really fine.

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

call it templar amulet perhaps. a variant of marauder and paladin

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

A bit sad to see crusader being removed.
How about get a new version of it being 1050 power, 1050 heal, 560 fero, 560 toughness

in PvP

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

While I agree crusader was fine, your suggestion is certainly not in line with their plan (no toughness main in 4-stats amulets). The obvious replacement for crusader would be

1050 power
1050 ferocity
560 healing power
560 toughness

which is the same stat but putting the defensive ones as “minor”.

in PvP

Posted by: Sharen Graves.1276

Sharen Graves.1276

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

It has toughness they don’t want any toughness in pvp.. They want high damage esport play. I mean gotta keep those 500 people happy on twitch.

in PvP

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

While I agree crusader was fine, your suggestion is certainly not in line with their plan (no toughness main in 4-stats amulets). The obvious replacement for crusader would be

1050 power
1050 ferocity
560 healing power
560 toughness

hmmm sounds good.
we can call it templar amulet then.

more crit damage for professions that can increase their critical chance to hit without relying too much on precision

Templar’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Ferocity
560 Healing Power
560 Toughness

in PvP

Posted by: perko.8309

perko.8309

Terrible change. Who thought those amulets were OP? Oh wait, no one!
Replaced with 4 amulets … where? Hope you’re not counting the ones from the 26 Jan patch, because they were added when you took out 6 amulets. So much for build diversity.

in PvP

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

The Vigilant and Crusader amulet were removed today. We had intended to remove these amulets with yesterday’s kick off to Season 2 but a bug prevented that change from going through. Here is what we previously stated, which still holds true:

“We removed several PvP amulets from rotation because they pushed gameplay in a direction that we weren’t happy with. These amulets were then replaced with four new four-stat amulets, none of which has either Toughness or Vitality as a primary stat.”

We currently have no plans for any additional changes to amulets for Season 2 (including removals or additions), but we will continue to monitor amulet use in relation to the state of PvP throughout this season and may make other changes to amulets for future seasons as needed.

Gaile, the amulet system seems really out of wack with the specializations. Any talk of going back to something like the older system where there we just a few amulets and then gems that could be added to specialize the amulet to what you want?

in PvP

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I still miss my celi amulet. As causual PvP, I like playing what I pvx in and that is celi.

Quartz is going up in price too.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

Just remove Clerics.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

1050 power
1050 ferocity
560 healing power
560 toughness

hmmm sounds good.

more crit damage for professions that can increase their critical chance to hit without relying too much on precision

Templar’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Ferocity
560 Healing Power
560 Toughness

I actually think templar amulet can help with shoutbow warrior, they just need to improve tactics and arms. But as stated we won’t see any new amulet in this season. Hopefully Season 2 can give them some idea about warrior’s state.

in PvP

Alekt.5803

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

1050 power
1050 ferocity
560 healing power
560 toughness

hmmm sounds good.

Templar’s Amulet
1050 Power
1050 Ferocity
560 Healing Power
560 Toughness

I actually think templar amulet can help with shoutbow warrior, they just need to improve tactics and arms. But as stated we won’t see any new amulet in this season. Hopefully Season 2 can give them some idea about warrior’s state.

How would you want them to have idea about the warrior’s state when they don’t see a single one in ESL? It’s just a forgotten class; just like it’s going to be a forgotten game.

Alerie Despins

in PvP

Posted by: xlion.3065

xlion.3065

There is something wrong when healing power is considered to be a “tanky” stat.
Anyway, why does it take ANet so long to realize that adding more stats and stat combos does not result in more build diversity?

The number of (base) stats should be reduced, e. g. healing power = power = condition damage, and the diversity should come from the type of weapon and from traits.

Simplifying things might help to get balance and scaling right.
Instead of math (formulas) to calculate potential damage output we currently have “waching the meta”, “listening to who cries the loudest” and then fiddle around.

Embarrassing!

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What was the direction that Vigilant and Crusader pushed towards? I thought Paladin and Mercenary were way more tankier than both while doing more damage.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

I am SO happy the vigilant/crusader meta is out of the game!

Honestly this change shows how little thought is being put into this.

I’m done discussing balance here. But frankly there are glaring design issues with the new skills.

Raise the cooldowns on them by 30%. This is what is pushing your game in the wrong direction.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: Enoreth.6742

Enoreth.6742

Just remove Clerics Ele .

Fix’d

Requïem – Thief | Elyka Aldwick – Ele

in PvP

Posted by: OneWordName.3761

OneWordName.3761

This is what really bothers me about this change. Taking away ANY amulet is completely missing the target; stat combinations have never been a problem, even celestial was never an issue on its own. All amulets provide the same amount of raw stats, it’s up to the class to use (or abuse) them. Professions, traitlines, and skills are what make builds broken; the amulets being used are merely symptomatic of this.

The fact that they removed two of the least popular amulets while giving a nonsensical and nonspecific reason like “pushed gameplay in a direction that we weren’t happy with” is just insulting. They make no mention of what direction that is, or what about these amulets makes them unhappy. Claiming no 4 stat amulet should have toughness or vitality as a primary stat is equally ridiculous, as they give no reasoning or context on this idea. Why are 4 stat amulets given these constraints but not 3 stat? Mender’s was just added, so we are to assume healing power is allowed as a primary stat on these amulets, despite also being a “tank stat”? Why? Also, are supposed to ignore that all amulets with concentration have been systematically removed? Is this a coincidence or are the stated reasons something thought up after?

I can’t even begin to criticize or even conceptualize the design process when the communications director fails to deliver even the most basic ideas to us. This is the kind of Orwellian abuse of language I expect from Riot games, not Arena net.

in PvP

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

This is what really bothers me about this change. Taking away ANY amulet is completely missing the target; stat combinations have never been a problem, even celestial was never an issue on its own. All amulets provide the same amount of raw stats, it’s up to the class to use (or abuse) them. Professions, traitlines, and skills are what make builds broken; the amulets being used are merely symptomatic of this.

The fact that they removed two of the least popular amulets while giving a nonsensical and nonspecific reason like “pushed gameplay in a direction that we weren’t happy with” is just insulting. They make no mention of what direction that is, or what about these amulets makes them unhappy. Claiming no 4 stat amulet should have toughness or vitality as a primary stat is equally ridiculous, as they give no reasoning or context on this idea. Why are 4 stat amulets given these constraints but not 3 stat? Mender’s was just added, so we are to assume healing power is allowed as a primary stat on these amulets, despite also being a “tank stat”? Why? Also, are supposed to ignore that all amulets with concentration have been systematically removed? Is this a coincidence or are the stated reasons something thought up after?

I can’t even begin to criticize or even conceptualize the design process when the communications director fails to deliver even the most basic ideas to us. This is the kind of Orwellian abuse of language I expect from Riot games, not Arena net.

Welcome to GW2. The game is so incredibly poorly balanced that it’s astonishing. What MMO allows a class to literally be 1 hit? GW2 has such extremes that it makes balance impossible. These things needed addressed in beta, but nope! Shove it out the door where a thief can down a player instantly from stealth. The extreme damage pushed everyone into defensive builds unless you had a cheese build(stealth, evasion, etc). The stats are still messed up and they keep tossing more and more things on top of that poorly done system. I REALLY hoped in HoT they would do a rework, they didn’t and things are worse than ever.

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

ITs reduce diversity to make it easier to balance and force it more to each team/toon being nearly the same so only reflexes/training matters.
If this is intended It´s a direction that will first loose all non highly competative players over time and then a lot of players that get bored playing all the same. This would shrink the player base to a minimum. I have seen it in another game where this droped the population by about 90% within 2-3 years. Unfortunately 2-3 years is a very long time in this fast market an might not bother some managers.
This can´t be intended unless ANet already has planed to drop GW2 in favor of the next game (e.g GW3).

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

in PvP

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

i demand a replacement !

maybe

1050 power
1050 toughness
560 precision
560 ferocity

It would have to be 1050 power 1050 precision 560 ferocity 560 toughness because of the no main stat toughness principle, basically another version of marauder.
That said i really want this combination it would work well for ranger warrior and necromancer and it is no more tanky than marauder so there should not be a issue from a balance side of things.

Plz anet put this stat combo in pvp plz other than marauder amulets with ferocity are garbage and not usable, berserker is the only other one that can work but is inferior to marauder, so another good ferocity amulet will do wonders for build diversity, plz PLEASE >hyperventilates<

see no evil ,until i stab you

in PvP

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Can we have PVE itemisation please?

You simply have to balanced diminishing return, weapon coefficient, healing power coefficient and other stats with soft caps or hard cap.

You do it for PVE, why not doing it for PVP?

You are removing builds options since 2015. The game was above average on build customization for sPvP before that… now, it’s really “blend”.

Please, STOP creating the META. In all great game, META is made by players who build versus it. Magic the Gathering let people create DECK to BEAT the META. Gw2 spvp competitive players, builds to get the best optimum build not the build to beat meta… because with all the cut on customize you do… we CAN’T adjust to META anymore.

So, ANET you are creating the META while all Esport community create their own.

I want PVE itemisation into SPVP.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in PvP

Posted by: brannigan.9831

brannigan.9831

There is nothing wrong with Cleric’s amulet. Who uses that amulet anymore even. It has no vitality and 900 power and 900 toughness. Lets not destroy build diveristy/role diversity in this game anymore thanks. Whats wrong with something being fairly hard to kill if they do very little damage? Trade offs are fine. The problem last meta was certain builds could be tanky and do a rather high level of damage at the same time. We are moving to no discernable roles in this game and its sad. Bunker Guardian was such a balanced build/role and it got killed lets destroy any chance for a role like that to ever return by removing amulet’s like cleric. It’s freaking genius. Not.

(edited by brannigan.9831)

in PvP

Posted by: Silverthorn.8576

Silverthorn.8576

There is nothing wrong with cleric and mender not at all lol, watch an ele rollface all his heal and buff and welcome back to season 1 lame!!

in PvP

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Why was crusader removed? Not many classes could get enough precision for it to be viable anyway. The ones that could, had some really fun builds that werent even too strong…
Also Vigilant didn’t see much play but offered some really fun things. I played 100% quickness engi, but due to lower precision it was far from OP. Next to that: You gave us the stat concentration, but now there is no way to use it in PvP…

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux