Use blocklist as a matchmaking filter

in PvP

Posted by: Giltheryn.8603

Giltheryn.8603

When I play PVP, unfortunately I frequently run in to players who are toxic and simply no fun to play with. Normally I just block/report them and move on with my day. This becomes a problem, however, when I’m repeatedly matched on the same team as people I’ve previously blocked. My options in that case are to lose out on potentially important communication from that player (calling numbers of enemies at a point and such), or unblock them and experience the vitriol that caused me the block them in the first place.
I believe a better solution would be to prevent players who are on one’s blocklist from being on the same team. I realize this might result in longer queues, especially for the type of person who is blocked frequently by other people, but I believe it’d improve the quality of matches for the most part. If a hard filter is excessive, you could also consider using it as a factor in matchmaking that could be weighed in addition to the existing considerations. Maybe this is a bad idea for reasons I’m not thinking of right now, but it seems to me that this could help make better and more enjoyable matches.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

+1 to this, with the new matchmaking I’ve blocked 20 people in the last couple weeks!
Would be much happier waiting longer for matches than playing with these toxic players.
Also.. Do something about reported players anet!

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in PvP

Posted by: Jurrit.7826

Jurrit.7826

If people are blocked by many people, this can be a good indicator they are annoying. Let say everyone who is at least blocked by 10 people are considered those annoying people. Let the matchmaking put these people together in 1 team, so that we ‘good’ people don’t have to deal with them.

These people could also be banned, let’s give them a timeout for being to disruptive to other people.

in PvP

Posted by: laquito.5269

laquito.5269

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this won’t ever be introduced as it could be abused easily. I’d just block every scrub / random I come across and only leave those unblocked of whom I know that they are good players. A whole new dimension of carrymode.

Retired GW2 Player

in PvP

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

There is a saying:

Kids are like farts. You don’t smell your own, but others stink like kitten

I’ve been with many people like you lot here in arenas.
All i did see is that, you people are the most toxic due to your way of trying to justify everything around and flaming people you believe are bad or do not do things to your liking.
Which end pretty much with you people blocking those who do not care about your opinion, and now you want a system that banish them, because you don’t like them.

Hilarious in my opinion.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

in PvP

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

I’ve been with many people like you lot here in arenas.
All i did see is that, you people are the most toxic due to your way of trying to justify everything around and flaming people you believe are bad or do not do things to your liking.

The people I’ve blocked personally have all been team flamers/ verbal abusers and trolls.
I always say gg and give advice if needed, please don’t tar me with the toxic brush.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

in PvP

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

I highly doubt this will ever be implemented because of the reasons listed above but:

My options in that case are to lose out on potentially important communication from that player (calling numbers of enemies at a point and such), or unblock them and experience the vitriol that caused me the block them in the first place.

The answer to this is to leave them blocked. The people who are truly toxic and screaming at the team in all capitalized letters and calling them idiots will not be contributing to the team. They’ll just be raging that they’re aren’t being carried to a win. You learn that when you read the League of Legends forums enough.

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

i would have 1 hour queues lool

in PvP

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

This is actualy excelent idea. Excluding those toxic ppl from matchmaking and therefore longering their queue times is much better punishemnt for them then just dishonor. But it can also revert into bad way where groups of ppl can diqualify key member of competetive teams by this way.

Imo idea of punishing ppl after someone add them into block list (lets say it will only apply effect when you met them in match so you cant punish random ppl just by blocking) is interesting but punishes can also come from different ways like temporary decrease amount of reward point after match for example.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

in PvP

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

I feel there are far too many toxic players, this is a PVP community we are talking about after all. Game queues would come to a slow creep for all players. I think you would be surprised just how many pvp’ers fall into this category you want to create

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

You’re saying that there are toxic players in PVP ? :/
No way.

Block and move on, stop trying to create your own carebear world.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in PvP

Posted by: crunchyraisin.6054

crunchyraisin.6054

Hold on….correct me if I’m wrong here.

You want to give players the power to stop certain players from being on their team?

What’s to stop people from just blocking all the bad players the meat?

So many people would exploit this. Grow some skin, turn chat off if you need to, and play.

Merry Christmas

in PvP

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

will block you all except top pvp teams) OP also wanted it I think)

in PvP

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

I opposed this idea originally, then I pvped today and I’ve changed my mind.
+1 this is a great idea.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i remember something similar was proposed in league even but they said they won’t do prisoner island so to say; anet won’t probably do it for same reason

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>