Useless Custom Arena Tokens?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuzzi.2198

Kuzzi.2198

Just bought a year’s worth of custom arena tokens only to find out I can’t use them… FML

Are they adding any more beta testers before the official release?

in PvP

Posted by: luxen.8376

luxen.8376

You need to wait until Custom Arenas are out of beta and then you must get a Custom Arena Starter Kit. Save your tokens, you can’t use them now but you will be able to in the future.

Luxen – Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

Next

Anybody can extend the life of a server, whether they are the owner of the server or not. If your friend has a server, you can apply your tokens to it if you want to keep using it.

We are open to sending kits out to folks who want to host a tournament during the beta, but beyond that, you will be able to use the tokens when we come out of beta.

in PvP

Posted by: Azunai.1065

Azunai.1065

Just wondering if it might be possible to extend the player cap to maybe 20 per team so a GvG for WvW guilds can finaly be on a seperate map without queues and eating slots.

Or even a GvG Map in Guild Wars 1 Style?

So far i got alot tokens as i thought they are already out of beta

Namefather of the Asuran Elementalists from [Bots]
My first Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPF9SmvW4jE

in PvP

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Anybody can extend the life of a server, whether they are the owner of the server or not. If your friend has a server, you can apply your tokens to it if you want to keep using it.

We are open to sending kits out to folks who want to host a tournament during the beta, but beyond that, you will be able to use the tokens when we come out of beta.

My team would take one if your giving them out! We keep trying to set up scrimages but we dont have a perma server to play on. Right now we have to rely on one of the guilds who has a server letting us in during their off hours.

Really it kinda is hurting the community as good teams get servers and can practice while new teams are stuck either trying to get into a hotjoin with another server playing on maps that arent used in tourneys or playing tPvP which isnt real good practice for actual tournaments. Good teams keep getting better, new teams cant even become effective.

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

My team would take one if your giving them out! We keep trying to set up scrimages but we dont have a perma server to play on. Right now we have to rely on one of the guilds who has a server letting us in during their off hours.

Really it kinda is hurting the community as good teams get servers and can practice while new teams are stuck either trying to get into a hotjoin with another server playing on maps that arent used in tourneys or playing tPvP which isnt real good practice for actual tournaments. Good teams keep getting better, new teams cant even become effective.

They’re not giving them out to guilds who want to scrim.
But if you’re trustworthy and hosting a tournament with prizes and shoutcasting you can probably rent a server.

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

They’re not giving them out to guilds who want to scrim.
But if you’re trustworthy and hosting a tournament with prizes and shoutcasting you can probably rent a server.

Thats not the point of my post. My point is that they gave these servers out to top players and select other members. Those top players created their servers, locked them and now use them to run scrimmages and practice so that they can get better.

Us newer guilds did not receive any arenas, can’t reliably practice, can’t reliably scrimmage and thus cannot actively get better like the top guilds. Now you look at tournaments – typically the same teams playing, teams that have been together for a long time and teams that were ranked high enough to get servers to practice on.

What happens when a guild with the capability of practicing tournament situations faces a team that can only practice in tPvP games? Scores of 500-230, 500-76, 500-74 and casters that are angry thats the only matchup they could set up due to the small team base.

My point is that they need to release custom arenas to more players so that the community can actual grow equally. Not have the best teams get better and the new teams have to look at suboptimal ways to practice.

in PvP

Posted by: KrisHQ.4719

KrisHQ.4719

I am not disagreeing with you, but we will have to wait a little while for that to happen
You could ask some of the guilds that are in posession of a CA at the moment, if you could rent their server for a scrim some day. I’m sure they would be kind enough to let you

Lysis Kawahara – D/D Elementalist
Zaphiel Faires – DPS Guardian

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

I am not disagreeing with you, but we will have to wait a little while for that to happen
You could ask some of the guilds that are in posession of a CA at the moment, if you could rent their server for a scrim some day. I’m sure they would be kind enough to let you

Thats what we do right now. The issue is trying to schedule around their practice times, and that makes things difficult to setup. It can be hard to get together a team to play against, potentially finding a caster for better VOD review of the matches, and then find a time that works for not only all those parties but also now the team’s server you are borrowing.

in PvP

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

The only top players that received them were QP leaders. Otherwise, anybody who has received them expressed that they were planning to run a tournament.

in PvP

Parisalchuk.9230

The only top players that received them were QP leaders. Otherwise, anybody who has received them expressed that they were planning to run a tournament.

And it just so happens that top teams consisted of players with top QP points. I never implied you gave servers to top teams, just that a bi-product of the initial distribution method has caused a bit of a rift between established teams and teams trying to enter into true competitive play.