[VIDEO] Beating the #1 EU Turret engi

in PvP

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

For the attention of anyone whining about turret engis being OP:

Beat a team with 2 turret engis, team was either full premade or 3+2. One of the turret engis is #1 on EU leaderboard.
Whole thing is sped up 3x, but if you’re still too lazy, there’s a moment at 2:26- when we essentially win the 2v2 with our mesmer + ele vs their turret engi + thief until the guardian appears. Even then, we are both able to simply disengage and leave the turrets in the dust.

This also shows how unjustified it is to have this guy at #1 on the EU leaderboards.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

1. The video was weirdly enjoyable.
  2. +1 for Mozart
  3. His win ratio tells me more than I need to know.
  4. Do you expect a medal?
Leman

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Nah, the point is that turret engis shouldn’t be an issue for anyone who can work around it. I don’t consider myself anywhere near the top level of PvP players.

The other point is that the leaderboards need a serious change.

Few key things were outnumbering them, LoS’ing them or simply rotating out of a point that had turrets up.

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

Nah, the point is that turret engis shouldn’t be an issue for anyone who can work around it. I don’t consider myself anywhere near the top level of PvP players.

Few key things were outnumbering them, LoS’ing them or simply rotating out of a point that had turrets up.

Your point is really pointless considering whether or not you can handle a turret engie has nothing to do with a random pug on your team stubbornly bumrushing the turret engie by his lonesome and feeding it.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Your point is really pointless considering whether or not you can handle a turret engie has nothing to do with a random pug on your team stubbornly bumrushing the turret engie by his lonesome and feeding it.

You could argue the same for any random pug stubbornly rushing into the same fight that they can’t take. E.g. a thief constantly suiciding at far vs a dps guardian.

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

People don’t afk their homes much.

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Beat a team with 2 turret engis, team was either full premade or 3+2. One of the turret engis is #1 on EU leaderboard.
Whole thing is sped up 3x, but if you’re still too lazy, there’s a moment at 2:26- when we essentially win the 2v2 with our mesmer + ele vs their turret engi + thief until the guardian appears. Even then, we are both able to simply disengage and leave the turrets in the dust.

This also shows how unjustified it is to have this guy at #1 on the EU leaderboards.

Srsly, Peiperbot? I see him every single night when I solo q and I can even beat him on Thief head-on without going out of LoS.. he’s like the worst Turret engi..

Hell, I’ve even beaten him with Shatter Mesmer WHILE staying on point..

I think the point of this should actually show how broken the LB is.

Funny vid and +1 for Mozart

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Saw the words “leaderboards” and stopped reading.

The current leaderboards isn’t skill brah. It’s a broken system at the moment.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s not that turrent engis are OP that everyone hates, it’s that there is a build where the AI is more durable than most players and it’s basically a troll build. Why would you even design a class that can do that? If they want to make tanky AI, the tankiest they should be is about where necro minions currently are.

in PvP

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Thanks for reminding me that I need to roll Asura mesmer.

in PvP

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Turret engies aren’t good, all you do is when you kill em, you camp the spawn entrance and dps them while they run to a node and get set up.

You force them to fight where they do not want to fight.
You DO NOT let them force you to fight where they want you to fight.

You want turret engies dead?
And you have to fight where they want to fight at?
You need to be a Mesmer, necromancer or ranger then.

If you are neither and your fighting where they want you to fight. Well than GG, yes they will own 2 of u or even 3 of u too.

I enjoy killing turret engies, and then spawn camping them, not giving kitten about what my team is doing. I love torturing turret engies.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

If anyone wants a laugh, watch this montage from the same match of someone complaining about the CCs on ts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPiigP1epfw
Might make a remix of this some time when I’m bored… x)

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

49% win ratio #1 fml lol

btw we just met same guy with team (Double turret engi..top ladder ofc rofl)…sadly for them we were full premade too..and kinda out of mercy

500-40 (Just because we wiped them on mid first before pushing far)

but this doesn’t mean turret engi is not cancer…cause those playing it would suck even more without ai…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

Posted by: tico.9814

tico.9814

Leaderboard farming is the equivalent of Hotjoin rank farming so broken pretty much full of turret farmers who never sleep.

in PvP

Posted by: Talek.6795

Talek.6795

i enjoyed Mozart =)

Talék

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Random, you’re bully. You know you are.

Btw, randomly passing here EU PvPers, our team needs a mesmer. So this nub here to be able to go back to his favorite ele and stop torturing our eyes with this ugly asura.
Our new mesmer should be shatter, tall, slender, with lovely smile, and very active. If interested, pm OP or me or Impact.2780.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Random, you’re bully. You know you are.

Btw, randomly passing here EU PvPers, our team needs a mesmer. So this nub here to be able to go back to his favorite ele and stop torturing our eyes with this ugly asura.
Our new mesmer should be shatter, tall, slender, with lovely smile, and very active. If interested, pm OP or me or Impact.2780.

My ele is an asura too :|

And we also need an engi

in PvP

Posted by: Guardiagiurata.7403

Guardiagiurata.7403

Good fake video, I’m the best turret engi, my girlfriend with my build killed everyone 1v1. Now we could have made around 10.000 videos where she killed all gw2 players 1v1 from gw2 beta LOL
So don’t create fakes like that! That means only you hate engi turret and you are excused for this cause is best class every created! Enjoy your 5v5 tournament won

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Good fake video, I’m the best turret engi, my girlfriend with my build killed everyone 1v1. Now we could have made around 10.000 videos where she killed all gw2 players 1v1 from gw2 beta LOL
So don’t create fakes like that! That means only you hate engi turret and you are excused for this cause is best class every created! Enjoy your 5v5 tournament won

Nice try, but you are not #1 on leaderboard like this turret engi was, so he must be better than you.

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

So, what I’ve learned from this video is…..Mesmer is the easiest class to play. Watch the CDs. Most of the time just spamming 1, rarely using other skills when off of CD and rarely using Utilities.

So, to play Mesmer, spam 1 and f1-3…and run in circles.

in PvP

Posted by: Covis.6037

Covis.6037

what do u expect? 95% of turret engies are mentally challenged people. And theres even a leaderboard to proof it xD

(edited by Covis.6037)

in PvP

Posted by: BurrTheKing.8571

BurrTheKing.8571

So, what I’ve learned from this video is…..Mesmer is the easiest class to play. Watch the CDs. Most of the time just spamming 1, rarely using other skills when off of CD and rarely using Utilities.

Every play LB ranger? You don’t know what you’re talking about. Setting up Shatters properly is more difficult than using Point Blank Shot and Rapid Fire on CD. Shatter also lacks condi removal generally, some take Lyssa runes but even then that’s 5 condis every 90 seconds.

I would say CI Mes is more difficult than Shatter, but both are miles ahead in difficulty than playing Ranger.

Also, what do you even consider “hard” to play in this game that is also viable?

Just an angry old man…

Old Man Burr (War), Bad Hat Ben (Engi), Manly Manny Manson (Guard)

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

First of all, I have less than 150 wins on my mesmer so using his video to judge the class is a bit pointless and isn’t what I’m getting at.

Second of all your argument makes no sense at all. You’re saying that spamming all your skills and utilities off cooldown requires more skill than actually waiting for the correct moment to use them?

in PvP

Posted by: SYPHA.9283

SYPHA.9283

Every play LB ranger? You don’t know what you’re talking about. Setting up Shatters properly is more difficult than using Point Blank Shot and Rapid Fire on CD. Shatter also lacks condi removal generally, some take Lyssa runes but even then that’s 5 condis every 90 seconds.

I would say CI Mes is more difficult than Shatter, but both are miles ahead in difficulty than playing Ranger.

Also, what do you even consider “hard” to play in this game that is also viable?

Ive played every class with just about everybuild. In order and these are what i personally found faceroll stupid easy to play.

1. turret engie
2. hambow
3. gs mesmer
4. lb ranger
5. fresh air ele

in PvP

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

top of leaderboards with a 40% win ratio, wat

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Turret engies aren’t good, all you do is when you kill em, you camp the spawn entrance and dps them while they run to a node and get set up.

You force them to fight where they do not want to fight.
You DO NOT let them force you to fight where they want you to fight.

You want turret engies dead?
And you have to fight where they want to fight at?
You need to be a Mesmer, necromancer or ranger then.

If you are neither and your fighting where they want you to fight. Well than GG, yes they will own 2 of u or even 3 of u too.

I enjoy killing turret engies, and then spawn camping them, not giving kitten about what my team is doing. I love torturing turret engies.

Actually turreter is VERY VULNERABLE to 2 v 1, they can’t keep long and their turrets die much faster. They don’t have enough cleanse/ breakstun/ block/ invulnerable to keep up with 2 v 1.
If a team lose to turreter 2 v 1, that team is trash to begin with.

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Amazing. You beat both turret AND premade.
I once 1v5 some moas in queensdale. They were premade moas too! Maybe I go make video of that.

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

Amazing. You beat both turret AND premade.
I once 1v5 some moas in queensdale. They were premade moas too! Maybe I go make video of that.

Only if those moas are rank #1 on the leaderboards.

Also, people haven’t been posting a thread every day for the past week moaning about moas being OP and needing a nerf.

(edited by Random Weird Guy.3528)

in PvP

robertul.3679

If they gonna add leaderboards for pve mobs based on how many players they kill then there would be no actual players in top 100.
Well, congrats for winning against rank farmers! Quite a feat! I guess I should have recorded my solo vs 5 premade win! More useless thread incoming!

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

Leaderboards lol

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

top of leaderboards with a 40% win ratio, wat

pve ladder op

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Random Weird Guy.3528

If they gonna add leaderboards for pve mobs based on how many players they kill then there would be no actual players in top 100.
Well, congrats for winning against rank farmers! Quite a feat! I guess I should have recorded my solo vs 5 premade win! More useless thread incoming!

You miss the point of this thread. This thread serves more as satire than anything else (I thought this was obvious from the music and the 3x speed where you can’t analyse anything I’m doing).

Point #1: People need to stop moaning about turret engis, any average player can deal with them easily.

Point #2: The leaderboard makes no sense at all.

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Random, I’m always amazed of your patience to explain the obvious as many times as needed.
And if you still refuse to believe that plain blunt people exist, you can also have a look at the comments to your video.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

in PvP

Archaon.9524

You miss the point of this thread. This thread serves more as satire than anything else (I thought this was obvious from the music and the 3x speed where you can’t analyse anything I’m doing).

Point #1: People need to stop moaning about turret engis, any average player can deal with them easily.

Point #2: The leaderboard makes no sense at all.

1- Not true…despite being counterable, turret engi is so braindead it should not exist…way too much rewarding for just afking on points. If you afk like that with any other spec (Including meta ones) you just die…ofc meta specs are way stronger in proper hands but turrets is the only one that makes those who can’t totally play still able to do something…thing that should not happen anyway. Not in a wannabe esport game at least

2- And yes ladder is just about pve guys farming and losing all day…getting rewards while sucking, lol at #1 40% win ratio (Pretty much same thing that happens with turret engis…still getting some cookies while putting no effort at all) If you look at it it’s just the same…

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

in PvP

robertul.3679

To be honest turret engi leaderboard farming is pretty effective. You AFK whole match doing whatever you want and then still gain something from it.
It’s basically anet-approved botting.

in PvP

Posted by: Marcos.3690

Marcos.3690

it’s nice to see that EU is represented by such a skilled engineer!

You are our pride, number 1 turreter EU

in PvP

Posted by: Zirken.5184

Zirken.5184

Haha way to go man! , really enjoy the video ^^

in PvP

Archaon.9524

I just…can’t resist

Attachments:

Ark 2nd Account

in PvP

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It is funny how people assume it’s an easy fight (even though it’s not) by watching and think they can easily do that too LOL. I can tell is a pretty close fight, if you make one mistake you could have lose the match. Also, Foefire is the map with the largest node and most obstacles to hide from projectile. It is not the ideal map for turret engineers.

It’s also funny that people keep on mentioning about afking during the fight. I don’t know they’re being exaggerated or just plain ignorant. If you die to an afk engineer, basically your level of skill is beyond trash just so you know. That #1 Engi may not be as good as some top tier people, but they’re still way better than many people who think they can easily beat them lol.

in PvP

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Is VeeWee #1 turret Engi NA still retired?

#24 leaderboard rank North America.