[VOTE] Who want 2v2, 3v3.

in PvP

Posted by: leungctm.1362

leungctm.1362

Just answer with YES/No.

Many thanks

Top 50 NA Tpvp Guardian (Rizzylard)
Best Mercenary Guardian you can find to fill your last slot.
Keep Calm and PVP Hard.

in PvP

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

No poll? :T
Yes I do… Make a poll, just google make a poll.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in PvP

Posted by: vadeam.4927

vadeam.4927

yes we need 2v2 and 3v3

in PvP

Posted by: zword.2735

zword.2735

No – pls don’t destroy this game more

Oops Kekz – Accidently Famous [oops] – Guard
Team q wins : 2000+
Hotjoin wins: 10

in PvP

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

Yes, its a no brainer in MMO’s. Unless you’re Aanet.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in PvP

Posted by: EoNxBoNx.9213

EoNxBoNx.9213

I,I just want this game to have more features…So yeah why not.

“You’re either a Noob or a Pro your entire life, that’s life”
IGN – Kinjax // World – Anvil Rock
IGN – InTheseDays // World – Anvil Rock

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

2v2 2v2 2v2 2v2 2v2 PLEEEEASE

I think the 2v2 tournaments recently have proved how good it is

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: Malcastus.6240

Malcastus.6240

Yes………!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Hehe, a 2v2 and 3v3 would not “destroy” the game. Particularly because the game is divided into three parts, essentially three completely different games with three completely different balancing processes. (SPvP, WvW, and PvE) that being said it’s generally accepted that sPvP, aka The Mists, could use some variety either in the form of new game modes new maps or other features. So for anyone to say implementing an option for a 2v2 or 3v3 Arena type game would harm the game is a little melodramatic.

However just haphazardly tossing in a map without conquest nodes and saying “alrighty then! only 2-3 players on each team! Last team standing wins!” Would absolutely bring up a lot of problems within the community. So I could completely understand some hesitance with a feature like this, BUT consider that the design was well thought out and implemented at Anets own pace and things begin to sound much much more promising.

Now I hate when World of Warcraft is even put it in a sentence comparing anything to Guild Wars 2 but forgive my Incoming hypocrisy. If anyone reading this has ever played World of Warcraft or more specifically the PvP they actually had a nice “Arena Team” feature that functioned essentially like another Guild Except much smaller and less complicated as it was only there to show how well that particular group of people were performing.

I think something(not just copying mind you) like this would be excellent across the board in GW2 PvP. You should be able to form a suedo “permanent Squad” of your Elite friends and battle competitively. Granted the ranking system for these teams would probibly have to be postponed for the “Arena Meta” to be fleshed out.

The map design/layout would be a key feature in limiting exploits or “cheesy” builds. Example: allowing you decent opportunities to line of sight and ways to limit strait bunkering as well as a way to counter/limit permanent stealth. I could go into detail but that’s another post all together.

Additionally I would personally love to see a Ranked 2v2 and 3v3 but with completely random teams. This would be an excellent way to find compatible team mates as well as having some very fun and dynamic matches without having to worry about blatant unfair advantages/disadvantages. This I feel (my opinion) would be the best way to introduce this system as it would be harder to immediately abuse and could clear the way for further “Arena Style” implementation with limited grief from this seemingly fragile community.

This is mainly just my opinion, with some opinions of friends and competitive colleagues sprinkled in So I apologize if it sounds a little biased.

So in conclusion: Yes.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: Morinmeth.9823

Morinmeth.9823

Yes please. Can’t wait for 3v3.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

You would have received a ton more responses in the past, but these types of posts don’t do anything. Nothing does, A-net is going to do what it wants to do regardless of player feedback.

in PvP

Posted by: garythesnail.8475

garythesnail.8475

Yes, 2vs2 please!

in PvP

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

If they added 2v2 and 3v3, conquest would draw even less players / die out completely. Which is the main reason why these new gamemodes need to fit in to the 5v5 mold.

That doesnt mean that i dont want it personally. But i think the pvp community needs to be big enough to support both gamemodes before they can introduce it.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

in PvP

Posted by: rimpak.8529

rimpak.8529

2vs2 and 3vs3 yes! It should bring some pvpers back.
I’d like a place where you could ‘duel’ aswell :P

in PvP

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

Where I do admit polls can be inaccurate in general, I think rational discussions on the apparent desire for any implemented feature on a forum provided by a company can only benefit its growth. If kept constructive of course..

But people will be people, and this person would love to eventually see a 2v2 or a 3v3 Arena type game.

As well as other competitive variants aside from Conquest, perhaps some reminiscent of GW1.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in PvP

Posted by: Juan Ignacio.8903

Juan Ignacio.8903

ah … moderators in these forums are funny.. they removed my post saying that even if u get enougth votes they will say that its too little compared to our huge community therefore it holds no value.
By deleting stuff i take it that u trying to hide the discontent of the players, how about instead of doing that u deliver stuff so “these few angry players that terrorize the forums” stop posting.
Im not saying that u have to please everyone but these type of threads were made so many times with so many positive comments that is amazing that u keep ignoring them, like seriously do you think conquest type was the best option for spvp?

i like 3v3 more than 2v2 btw :x

in PvP

Posted by: Pyriall.5027

Pyriall.5027

ah … moderators in these forums are funny.. they removed my post saying that even if u get enougth votes they will say that its too little compared to our huge community therefore it holds no value.
By deleting stuff i take it that u trying to hide the discontent of the players, how about instead of doing that u deliver stuff so “these few angry players that terrorize the forums” stop posting.
Im not saying that u have to please everyone but these type of threads were made so many times with so many positive comments that is amazing that u keep ignoring them, like seriously do you think conquest type was the best option for spvp?

i like 3v3 more than 2v2 btw :x

It’s funny, because they delete things which are of us posting EXACTLY what one of them said in a very similar situation. How is that something worthy of an infraction? If it is offensive, maybe you should take it up with the original poster…guess you guys can’t infract yourselves.

in PvP

Locuz.2651

We whont get 2v2 or 3v3 untill the pvp community is big enough to support both 5v5 gamemodes and 2v2s/3v3s.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

Yes, enjoyed watching 2v2 tournament more than I enjoyed watching conquest tournament.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

on what sort of map? and objective?

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Yes. But it’s far too late. Spvp in gw2 is a complete fail….and it’s a fail because of the devs who had their “vision” for conquest….the boring capture node game mode that people cring when it pops up in random queues of other successful games….who would have thought to make this terrible mode the ONLY pvp mode?

I would like to meet the guy who thought of that one…must be a moba player who never played mmo pvp before. Oh well…lots of good games coming out real soon

in PvP

Locuz.2651

on what sort of map? and objective?

What they want is 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, similar to arenas in wow. Its basicly a deathmatch in a relative small area.

in PvP

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Deathmatch = yes.

2v2 point capture = no way, so boring.
3v3 could be with point capture, but would still prefer deathmatch.

in PvP

Posted by: Nothing.8564

Nothing.8564

2v2s are coming via Blu, check out the thread for Fight Club for more details.

(edited by Nothing.8564)

in PvP

Posted by: Anti.9156

Anti.9156

i would like 3v3 but maybe not deathmatch (because it would end up in a stealth heaven for condimes and backstabthiefs) instead a King of the hill with one (!) huge cappoint(a little bit more than graveyard)

in PvP

Posted by: lesalthg.4536

lesalthg.4536

Yes, I’d love 2v2s and 3v3s. Though they happen a lot in tpvp, it’s just not the same.

Larix Kaemp || Blackgate || Mesmer

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

Yes, with a mechanic that makes you revealed after you reached 15 seconds of constant stealth. Or maybe 10 seconds point is… Yes!

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Chilli.2976

Chilli.2976

I don’t mind 1v1 2v2 etc, in a custom game. Though in a proper game mode it would kill PvP, this is a team game not solo.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Play a thief, Stealth to each corner while the enemy tries to find you.

Play till they ragequit or afk.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

People always use this to deny the players a fun game mode. How about a little research and seeing how world of warcraft deals with this problem? In WoW after 1 min a stealth “buff” pops up on both sides of an arena and the buff gives your team complete stealth detection.

That alone completely prevents stealth griefing in that game and im kitten sure it would work here if we had an arena fight to the death mode

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

If you want change…
Leave.

Anet has been yelled at since before launch to make modes besides conquest.
It was ‘on the horizon’ then and it is ‘on the horizon’ now…
Leave.

The best way you can say ‘fix your kittening game’ is to stop playing it.

(edited by garethh.3518)

in PvP

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

Yes
kittenkittenkitten

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

in PvP

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

3v3 king of the hill pls

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Y, both of them

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Y, both of them

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

People always use this to deny the players a fun game mode. How about a little research and seeing how world of warcraft deals with this problem? In WoW after 1 min a stealth “buff” pops up on both sides of an arena and the buff gives your team complete stealth detection.

That alone completely prevents stealth griefing in that game and im kitten sure it would work here if we had an arena fight to the death mode

So if Thieves play a defensive build and after one minute, they automatically lose? Okay, I could see how it fits.

Lets try another, Warriors with Sword/Warhorn and GS to run all over the map.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Rahken.4382

Rahken.4382

There are always balance issues to work on. That’s not a reason to deny players of a game mode that is highly desired.

I am sure there are many people who would enjoy being on a team with people they know rather than random pugs. It’s much easier to find 1 or 2 friends than 4.

My vote is yes to both. Please!

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

3v3 yes

2v2 no

why? Unless they grow a backbone and remove 8v8 hotjoin, i think the pvp is too small to be further splitted into 2 more ways. I chose the 3v3 over 2v2 for
-not hard to find 2 friends
-more chance for comeback/rezz.
2v2 is practicaly over when 1 goes down, 3v3 is still small enough to keep players in aggresive builds thus being interesting

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

yes please!

also why not 2v2v2v2 or 3v3v3 ect like Halo and other games with multiple small teams

some new maps and game types obviously to support ^^^^

after the first 3 months of this game i was higher rank then my main charcter (a ranger) was lvled lol rank 34 or somethin lvl 30 haha.. i got bored i now sit at rank 42 and do gvg, zerg diving, and roaming instead

about to give up on that because i dont want to farm gold to get better gear. just want to kill

please make me go back to pvp

(edited by Hurtappl.6405)