Vee Wee's PvP Suggestions!

in PvP

Posted by: MonMalthias.4763

MonMalthias.4763

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

Yes Vee Wee knows all these suggestions have been mentioned before many times! But repetition is the mother of all learning! Vee Wee just hoped maybe a dev would come in and say these things are being worked on! Vee Wee just hoped a dev would come in and say, “Hello my frand Vee Wee! Don’t you worry your pretty little face you thilly bear! We are actively working to make our game better! And we are doing it in a reasonable amount of time! And we are taking your suggestions to heart! And we are going to buff Engineers to be thuper OP and we are going to give them a turret or gadget that works exactly like Flesh Wurm!” Gosh Vee Wee can only dream!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Flesh Wurm for Engineer aside, what really needs to change is putting the word “Soon!”™ into the dumpster. At this point, there have been more than enough missed windows for action and indeed, Anet has demonstrably delayed action many times, such as with-holding the Sigil of Paralyzation bugfix, and in more recent memory the Ranger Spirit of Nature bugfix to be folded into feature packs even as they announce changes weeks, sometimes months ahead of implementation.

I don’t know who does PR for Arenanet but there is clearly something silly in promising something, stating that it is fixed and then dithering on delivering it even as there are demonstrable negative consequences for ongoing balance. The upcoming PVP Feature Pack for September finally delivers on the Asura issue, which is great. The only problem is that we’ve had more than 2 official publicly broadcasted tournaments where this was clearly being abused by practically every team, and more than that besides – all the while players were making mention of it since late 2012. There is a clear and growing disconnect between promise and delivery and I can only attribute it to Living Story’s voracious demand for resources preventing Anet from properly iterating on game systems.

Back in February when I made the Balance, Iteration, Wrongdoing thread, which Allie Murdock responded to, I was hopeful that the feedback would percolate and that more frequent changes in terms of balance and systems iteration – no matter how small – would occur.

But now that Karl McLain’s great Tooltip Fix project is over, there is yet another feature freeze; and the clearly OP setups that were predicted in early April when the Previews were coming out are now dominant like Celestial/Strength Rune/Might stacking in general. There was a 2% damage nerf and the heart of the problem – the fact that 45% Might duration is possible – was never addressed. Air/Fire was predicted and not addressed. Anet needs to recognise that 1 tweak per 6 months is not going to be enough and it never will be. Yes, one could argue that the game is more balanced than it ever has been, and it is true to a degree. But to then take that as a sign to rest on one’s laurels and allow “perfect” to become the enemy of “good enough” whilst running QA on minor changes for 5 months will never get the game to reach its peak potential unless Anet follows the footsteps of LoL, Smite and DotA and tweak and tweak and tweak again, farming out those man-hours of QA to the community itself and iterating off of mistakes using a PTR. Since neither case is happening, we get threads like this where the same things are rolled out time and time again.

Iva Malthias – 80 Engineer
Marellune Malthias – 80 Elementalist
Devil’s Dominion [DD] – Yak’s Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

Very good compilation Vee. It’s so depressing that none of this very basic, short to make QoL features are even there two years after a supposedly “e-sports” MMO launch, from a dev who once took e-sports very seriously. I’m still mentally held hostage by that.
Just scrap one Living Story content patch and use the dev time to give sPvP (and WvW) all those features. It’s really not that much. Maps and new modes can come (even) later.

in PvP

Posted by: Lord Hammer Hand.4815

Lord Hammer Hand.4815

if you guys didnt know or dont know who this vee wee is and why he keep saying hes first rank 80, before every rank 55+ got bump to rank 80 vee wee is only rank 40+ but in the guild Fight Club he already keep saying hes rank 80 when hes actually not.

Pacific Islander Legion [NoyP]
Black Gate
Ruthless Legend

in PvP

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

if you guys didnt know or dont know who this vee wee is and why he keep saying hes first rank 80, before every rank 55+ got bump to rank 80 vee wee is only rank 40+ but in the guild Fight Club he already keep saying hes rank 80 when hes actually not.

That’s no secret.
Everybody here know that Vee Wee need help from a doctor.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Karla has learned to appreciate VeeWee’s humor.
+1 for the wittiness

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

(edited by KarlaGrey.5903)

in PvP

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

Hey frands! This is a thread about making Guild Warts 2 a better game! This is about the community united under one banner! The banner of making Guild Warts 2 the best game Vee Wee knows it can be! Vee Wee knows Guild Warts 2 has the potential to be the best game in the universe! The #1 game NA! Now you guys come in here with your unfrandly attitudes, spouting your unfrandly words, making up these unfrandly lies about Vee Wee! Why! Why must you do this! We are all Guild Warts 2 players here! We are all family!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

in PvP

Posted by: Phadde.7362

Phadde.7362

Agreed, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see downed state removed from PvP…. there is absolutely no reason such a system should be in a competitive game….

It would be nice if some new game modes didn’t have the downed system, while it remains in Conquest (or the other way around).

Vote for/against <dueling>: http://strawpoll.me/1650018/
Cred to Latinkuro
Gw2 is a masterpiece at it’s foundation. Content-wise however…

in PvP

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

Agreed, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see downed state removed from PvP…. there is absolutely no reason such a system should be in a competitive game….

It would be nice if some new game modes didn’t have the downed system, while it remains in Conquest (or the other way around).

I think it’s a core element of Conquest, if you die on the point they have to stomp you; if you die off point nobody cares.

But new game modes without downed system would be nice indeed, I can imagine for instance a CTF mode would be quite annoying with downed mode.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

Hey frands! This is a thread about making Guild Warts 2 a better game! This is about the community united under one banner! The banner of making Guild Warts 2 the best game Vee Wee knows it can be! Vee Wee knows Guild Warts 2 has the potential to be the best game in the universe! The #1 game NA! Now you guys come in here with your unfrandly attitudes, spouting your unfrandly words, making up these unfrandly lies about Vee Wee! Why! Why must you do this! We are all Guild Warts 2 players here! We are all family!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

VeeWee should write a novella on VeeWee’s GW2 adventures. Karla would love to read it.
no joke

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

in PvP

Posted by: Reunen.7306

Reunen.7306

Wahoo! Bye frands!

I love you

Member of Lux Arcana [Lux] EU

in PvP

Posted by: Dsquaredcri.9421

Dsquaredcri.9421

Wahoo! Bye frands!

You are a joke lol. What a shame

Dsquaredcri, necro for Rush team

in PvP

Clip.6845

Yeah, I’m sure you have some good points but it’s too annoying to read for me. It also doesn’t mean much to be the world’s first rank 80 in these kind of topics.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Namaste frands! I have a dream that one day we will band together, frandly and unfrandly, developer and plebeian, and make this game as great as it can be! For Guild Warts 2 is nothing without its community! And the Guild Warts 2 community is nothing without Guild Warts 2! I challenge you my frands to address the issues at hand and not to be unfrandly towards Vee Wee, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80! By coming in here and verbally assaulting Vee Wee, you just hurt yourself and this community you represent!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Clip.6845

It’s only constructive critisism Arrdee, not a verbal assault (from me anyway).

• If you really feel like everyone should know you’re an avid player and world’s first 80, put it in your signature, not on every comment.
  • I personally find your writing style off-putting and therefore did not read most of your comments. I’m sure you are a streamer that just wants his own style to stand out amongst the many people on here, but I’m guessing you want to adress more than your normal audience with these points.

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Vee Wee was not talking to you, but the extremely unfrandly people who came in here with nothing to contribute but unfrandly words towards Vee Wee! Such lack of manners! Who raised these children!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

println( “Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
”);

if( VeeWee.sentence(text) != endWithPeriod() )
println(“!”);

if( VeeWee.sentence(text) == endWithPeriod() )
println(“!”);

println(“Wahoo! Bye frands!”);

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Vee Wee does not know what that means! But Vee Wee wants Guild Warts 2 to be the best game it can be! And Vee Wee knows that Anet needs to step it up! And Vee Wee knows that the community must help Anet deliver the #1 game NA! It’s a team effort my frands! Team effort!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

in PvP

Posted by: Otaking.4675

Otaking.4675

Hi frand Vee Wee,

Skyhammer: I don’t think it necessarily needs to go either but the skyhammer room in particular should be made with a wider area and less insta kill potential. It’s too easy to camp with a decap build and pure cheese. I think the rest of the map is natural enough if someone didn’t hug a wall at the right time they pretty well deserve to die.

“Leavers”

Most 4v5 are not based on true leavers but the terrible queue system initiating 4v5s due to auto queue of alt tabbed players. If you truly want to promote the game, punishing casual pvpers (and already an auto ban system linked to an auto queue system is very sadistic way to program) even more is not the way to go about constructing a popular PVP game because those casuals might transition to e sports and otherwise pay the bills. Handing out auto bans after someone was sucked into a match while getting the pizza at the door is a self destructive way to build a game.

Next up: a true leaver mid match may have been a disconnect, or may have been a true leaver. In either case, I don’t think it disrupts the ethics of sport to bring in a substitute. This is analogous to substituting for an injured player in NBA or NFL which teams are allowed to do. If a player just walked off the field in NFL he could be assumed to have a mental injury lol.

There should also be a vote forfeit option to promote more games in less time.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

The rank system needs to be revised and have set for every individual player for starters… even if Anet wants this to be a team game, that can still be done…
No need for a quit button if the above solution was implemented; furthermore, a game should NOT start at 4v5…it should automatically kick out that one player to make the game even…

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: Evan Lesh

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Test Servers: These are hard to do at the moment, and not something we will support for now. It takes a lot of manpower to manage another live environment and iteration on features in that environment takes a lot of extra lead time.

Skyhammer: Obligatory “Nothing is off the table”. (except deleting skyhammer)

Communication emotes: I really want this and think it’d help coordination a lot. I enjoy this feature in games like Dota2 and HoN. The problem I run into when thinking about this is how to make the feature approachable for all game modes without requiring 50 different voice emotes. This could be solved with generic lines, or automatic clarifications (like Dota2’s missing call know what lane you’re in). Feedback on this feature alone in a new thread would be awesome.

Leavers: We’ve been collecting data and are discussing if there are better ways to apply dishonor.

AFK Check: This comes up a lot, and we’ve discussed it plenty. Rest assured we understand this problem and have discussed ways to solve it.

Pause feature: Implementing this in an MMO makes my head hurt just thinking about it. I honestly see no way to do this without a significant rework to most systems in our game unless we implement a pseudo-pause.

Match history: Yes.

Voice Communication: I wouldn’t mind this, but I’m unaware of what the rest of the company thinks about this one.

Build Templates: Drool.

Split skills:
Passive Skills:
Balance Patches:
Balance peeps could answer these.

Disclaimer: I make no feature promises.

Bluxgore (80 Warr), Xilz (80 Necro), Ivo (80 Eng)
Bra (80 Guard), Fixie Bow (80 Ranger), Wcharr (80 Ele)
Xdragonshadowninjax (80 Thief)

in PvP

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Really? You guys did it to Capricorn, a map people actually enjoyed. Why is this map being held onto so religiously?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in PvP

Posted by: tanztante.6532

tanztante.6532

what? capricorn is gone completely? i thought it was still available on custom arenas

Ayaílla ~all is [vain]

ele @ Gf Left Me Coz Of Ladderboard [vain] (EU) / Salty Strategy [PAIN]

in PvP

ArrDee.2573

Thanks for the reply Evan Lekittenhese are all good responses!

One thing my frand! Vee Wee wasn’t talking about voice emotes even though that is an interesting idea! Vee Wee was thinking more along the lines of fast chat menus! Maybe it could be like Counter Strikes where you press a button to open up a menu, then press a number to say something in chat! Or maybe it could be like the chat wheel in Dota 2! Press and hold a button to open a menu! While holding down the button, move your mouse to select what you want to fast chat!

Vee Wee also thinks that if this feature were implemented, it should be customizable! There are so many different abilities on so many different classes in 3 different game modes with so many different scenarios! A preset list would be so very, very long! Maybe you could add another window in the options menu to customize your chat menu! For example if Vee Wee was playing a Warrior, Vee Wee could open the options menu and type in the first slot, “Hello frands! I am using Banner Res!” Then Vee Wee would go in game and open the chat menu and the first option would be, “Hello frands! I am using Banner Res!” Then Vee Wee would select that option and then in team chat or party chat Vee Wee would say, “Hello frands! I am using Banner Res!”

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Frandliest person NA!

(edited by ArrDee.2573)

in PvP

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Really? You guys did it to Capricorn, a map people actually enjoyed. Why is this map being held onto so religiously?

I assume that since underwater combat is no longer a priority to the devs, they had no problems removing the “underwater combat PvP map”. (Same happened to WvW borderlands, too.)

CCs however are still a thing in the game, and while the “CC and positional awareness PvP map” obviously needs some fixing, it is not obsolete.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

Next

Thanks for the reply Evan Lekittenhese are all good responses!

One thing my frand! Vee Wee wasn’t talking about voice emotes even though that is an interesting idea! Vee Wee was thinking more along the lines of fast chat menus!

Same feature. I would want voice emotes tied to the fast chat so people could hear them without having to always watch chat.

PS. What is a Lekittenhese.

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Disclaimer: I make no feature promises.

You have to understand we don’t want skyhammer deleted, just not in soloq anymore.

lol’d at that second remark.

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

PS. What is a Lekittenhese.

I think it’s a combination of “lesh” and “these”.

alternatively, a lebanese juveline feline

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Chicago Jack.5647

Chicago Jack.5647

You have to understand we don’t want skyhammer deleted, just not in soloq anymore.

lol’d at that second remark.

They don’t need to remove it though. There are things they can do to improve the map and make the environment more skill-full and less punishing in certain areas. One thing I can think of off the top of my head is a second level below side points. Instead of insta death, make it harder to get back on point.

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

AFK Check: This comes up a lot, and we’ve discussed it plenty. Rest assured we understand this problem and have discussed ways to solve it.

Pause feature: Implementing this in an MMO makes my head hurt just thinking about it. I honestly see no way to do this without a significant rework to most systems in our game unless we implement a pseudo-pause.

Her’s few suggestions;

SoloQ shouldn’t start before everyone presses “I’m ready” button and as for “pause feature” it should be implemented in custom arena since it would be useful feature to have in streamed tournaments. Its really sad to see Blu asking players to stop fighting :/ Score should freeze and players could be locked down on same position with disabled skills.

One more thing, how about if someone dc’s or leave (team 1) in soloQ put 1 random player on opposing team (team 2) on bench (spectator mode) automatically. When player from same team (team 2) dies put him on bench and allow player on bench back in game. Rotate players until player from team 1 gets back in game or match ends. This would pretty much please whole community and with working “I’m ready” button fix 4v5 problem you’re/we’re having.
Why would it please community? Matches would start in 4v5 fashion less often and if 4v5 happens outmaned team would still have fighting chance.

Also allow standard models in soloQ. There will be no initiative to play soloQ after feature patch and everyone will solo queue team queue. There’s no fun in fighting asuras on skyhammer. No fun.

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

What do you exactly mean with pseudo-pause?

in PvP

Posted by: Dwaynas Avatar.1562

Dwaynas Avatar.1562

A pause that just feels like one but isnt quite a pause. So not the game pauses instead every player cant do anything anymore, but the game still goes on (environment and so on), you just cant move anymore and cant activate skills. But it will be hard for them to do this with the AI (all thus petting zoos) and such things.
At least this is what I could imagine he meant.

all is vain – #BelieveInKarl – #EvanForPresident

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Hurray, a red post! You can always bet on Lesh!

While I understand how difficult doing this in an open world would be, surely each arena is a separate, isolated instance, so freezing its state wouldn’t impact the rest of the game? If you’re not already running pvp matches this way then I hate to think of the amount of wasted processing cycles and bandwidth!

If it really is impossible though, a pseudo-pause could be accomplished by implementing just 2 more commands: /freezescore and /settime. That way, if there is a disconnect, admins can effectively pause the game by pausing score progression. Players can still run around and fight each other but they won’t get any points. If node capping and decapping can also be frozen in that time that would be ideal. When the dropped player reconnects, the admin just has to reset the timer to the point in time where the disconnect happened and unfreeze the score.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

I like the pseudo pause proposed by manveruppd, it seems the less problematic solution to implement.

in PvP

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

Test Servers: These are hard to do at the moment, and not something we will support for now. It takes a lot of manpower to manage another live environment and iteration on features in that environment takes a lot of extra lead time.

Unfortunately, test servers are probably the single most important change you need to implement.

So many of your implemented changes seem to require additional tweaks after they’ve been live for a month; best case scenario, those tweaks will come in 6 months, and some issues have remained for over a year without being addressed.

I’m not going to pretend that a test server is free, but I imagine the benefits will eventually pay for themselves. The only changes that need extensive testing are PvP oriented changes, so the server could simply be an instance of the mists. Instead of having to spend development resources to tweak things you’ve literally just introduced/tweaked because they aren’t performing as you expected (look at the thief trait changes as just 1 example), you could work all that out on the test realm and deploy the properly balanced version.

It’s also worth noting that 6 months between balance patches will be easier for the community to swallow if they’re aware of constant balancing going on for those 6 months.

If you have to, charge people a fee (gems, gold, real money, whatever) to access to the test server. It’s not the best solution, but it’s better than no test server at all.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

(edited by evilapprentice.6379)

in PvP

Clip.6845

The easy way to fix disconnects problems in tournaments is imo benchsitters.

Make it 6v6 with 1 of each team sitting in spectator mode. The extra player can be allowed to join if sb dcs.

in PvP

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Well, I guess we will really need a pause option for tournaments.

Shame 55 hp were finished by single dc.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

issue with games hosting a voice chat is that in some cases they may or may not be required to store recordings of said chatlogs for a finite amount of time. This comes down to local law, and that can cause a massive headache in terms of storing the information, customer privacy and so forth.

The second option would be arena-net sponsored “public” teamspeak servers that allow anyone to create a temporary channel that they can administrate on their own. It would take some setting up, but say 4-5 Anet sponsored 500 player Teamspeaks wouldnt hurt company profits by any means, infact it would probably strengthen them as people would find it neat.

neat things attract customers.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Previous

Evan Lesh

PvP Gameplay Programmer

A pause that just feels like one but isnt quite a pause. So not the game pauses instead every player cant do anything anymore, but the game still goes on (environment and so on), you just cant move anymore and cant activate skills. But it will be hard for them to do this with the AI (all thus petting zoos) and such things.

This. We could make the score stop ticking and players not move, but imagine what would have to freeze in order to have a fair resume: Exact player locations, even if you’re jumping over a gap. Persistent AOE effects. In-flight missiles. Every boon and condition. Capture point progress. Skill recharge. Its a nightmare. Just freezing score and position is not good enough in a lot of cases.

in PvP

Posted by: Bojoo.7819

Bojoo.7819

This. We could make the score stop ticking and players not move, but imagine what would have to freeze in order to have a fair resume: Exact player locations, even if you’re jumping over a gap. Persistent AOE effects. In-flight missiles. Every boon and condition. Capture point progress. Skill recharge. Its a nightmare. Just freezing score and position is not good enough in a lot of cases.

Could it be made it detects disconnect and automatically resets players (so shoutcasters don’t get called for favoritism) and send them to their base since returning player will be joining game from same spot? I can see this being abused by dc’ing when things go sour so maybe keep it to once per team per game? dc twice and gg

in PvP

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I could understand some sort of pause feature for actual tournaments, but outside of that, a big NO THANKS. Imposing on 9 peoples time is a bit much IMO.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

in PvP

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

imagine what would have to freeze in order to have a fair resume: Exact player locations, even if you’re jumping over a gap. Persistent AOE effects. In-flight missiles. Every boon and condition. Capture point progress. Skill recharge. Its a nightmare. Just freezing score and position is not good enough in a lot of cases.

Evan, like VeeWee said in the OP, it doesn’t need to be PERFECT, it just needs to be better than what we’ve got now! Look at what happened tonight at TOL2! Even a pure score freeze would be better than nothing!

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

Freezing only score and position can give players some tactic to abuse it.

The only good freeze is a complete freeze, so people can’t complain.

in PvP

Posted by: Alugjen Darlas.5329

Alugjen Darlas.5329

Hello evan i was reading some stuff you posted about the time stoping etc in case someone dced , i dunno if you worked on guild wars 1 or ever seen a GvG match Between top 10 ladder guild’s back in the day’s (SoS,sup,WR etc) they used to have a neat system in case someone crashed they stoped fighting eachother until the member got back in the game , in case that didn’t happen the other team would either /Resing or just give a signal to keep on going .Now my knowledge on the work you do is limited to the basic rly , but what im trying to hint here is Instead of having the timer stop or freeze the match,player’s etc why can’t we have a Vote to Stop (ex: return to the base for 10-20sec considering the loading time with an SSD) in case the player doesen’t get in the match in that amount of time ,the match would restart or have a pop up for the Resing .Now as i said im not a proggrammer but in theory this sound’s good enuff to satisfy those ppl who keep asking about the /resing feature or Pause the match ( and this make’s me laugh , bc this is not gonna happen in an MMo still one can dream i guess).Anyway hope you guy’s get an idea or an insipration out of this comment .Have a nice day.

[SC]Nine Inch Nose -205 Precurssors .

in PvP

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Freezing only score and position can give players some tactic to abuse it.

The only good freeze is a complete freeze, so people can’t complain.

Make it a custom arena only feature, if it’s that much of a problem.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in PvP

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Skills def need split for pve/PvP/www. And skill gear templates/ trait templates.

Anet did this easily in gw1 and it can be done just as easily in GW2.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

in PvP

Posted by: Lachanche.6859

Lachanche.6859

it can be done just as easily in GW2.

i beg to differ

in PvP

Posted by: RockSteady.7123

RockSteady.7123

I’m honestly starting to wonder whether or not anyone at Anet has ever heard of Occam’s razor

in PvP

Posted by: Talyn Sneider.1825

Talyn Sneider.1825

What happens when a basketball game get’s a time out? Do all players and ball position stay the same? Implement this as a real sport does, pause makes all players go to the starting home bases.

This can be abused right? as any time out in a sport can, so in a real sport a referee makes the decision if the timeout can be allowed, you can either make an algorithm that makes that decision or to make a timeout a request that must be accepted by the other team. This last option is easier and would be fine in high ranked matches but abused in hot join.

And a piece of software development wisdom:

“If you are too careful, you are so occupied in being careful that you are sure to stumble over something.”
? Gertrude Stein

Hope this helps,
Excelsior

Casual pvp’er – Can only play 2-3 hours a day

https://www.gw2pvp.de/profile/ab4bd8fa4c3f250ac9533c479b0b862b/

(edited by Talyn Sneider.1825)

in PvP

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I agree that a pause of the game isn’t viable and I wouldn’t even want to see a pseudo-pause, but I would like to see the weight of a win against ranking adjusted for imbalanced games. I.e. if you’re in a game where an ally DCs for a significant part of the game or quits, this shouldn’t affect your rating as much as a loss against an even matched team.

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

Communication emotes: I really want this and think it’d help coordination a lot. …………. Feedback on this feature alone in a new thread would be awesome.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Improving-TeamCom

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”