Verbal Abuse

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: levelmakerguru.7210

levelmakerguru.7210

Q:

it’s amazing how many player are bullying here in PVP, just because other people don’t play like them, everyone had to start somewhere and i am sure that they were not good back then. Arenanet needs to add the topic bullying to the report option so these people can get this trash off the board.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Sometimes pvpers give the newbies advice and the newbie goes “no you don’t understand I am traiting for healing power on my necro so I can solve the sustain problems”….. That’s just one example but in my experience that’s when the verbal abuse begins.

I usually try to help at first…. but once they tell me they know better I start abusing.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

Arenanet needs to add the topic bullying to the report option so these people can get this trash off the board.

isn’t “verbal abuse” or “abusive language” one of the current options?

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

You can’t get banned for trash talking in this game anyway. I’m sure dozens of people reported me and I never got anything .

Verbals abuse is too common to be a bannable offense ,especially in PvP. In fact I would be surprised if there was none.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

(edited by glock.6590)

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Riko.1309

Riko.1309

Yo just block and move on

Jacquie – Elementalist – Tarnished Coast

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I would just report them for verbal abuse as well as block them and move on. Im not completely sure reporting works cause I’ve seen the same player that uses derogatory words and curses every word possible still around

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: edgarallanpwn.8739

edgarallanpwn.8739

Verbal abuse is an option. although if you’re doing what you want, and ignoring your team who may also be giving you advise, don’t be irritated if you get reported back because you wanting to do things “your way” could be ruining it for 4 other people too, who may be legitimately trying to work together.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

Verbal abuse generally only applies to racial, gender and sexual abuse most of the time. And any swear words directed at somebody.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

ive had many people in many situations tell me i didnt know what i was doing simply because i didnt go where they told me too or didnt target who they wanted me to target.

Ive literally had matches with them on my team, they talk a huge amount of crap and the next game i fight them and i crush them. It isnt the PvP level or experience of the players. It PvP in genral, you will never find a game where in PvP there isnt trash talking.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Not sure how many games you have played before this, jump into a LoL game, any game where people are playing against other players and do something people think is stupid, generally disagree with, or play like a scrub typically people will be annoyed since they’re trying to win. It’s the internet where people act tough. Also, if you’re new and you inform your team that you’re new they’re usually less rough on you and might even attempt to help.
People will always say “you don’t know what you’re doing” even when you’re making the best rotations and choosing optimal targets, people in PvP look for a scapegoat happens all the time ignore it.

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Most people don’t get banned for verbal abuse.

The rest are named Davinci.

[SoF]

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Trevor Boyer.6524

Trevor Boyer.6524

It seems that the people who yell “you don’t know what you’re doing” are generally the people who don’t know what they’re doing. Let me explain how to handle this situation:

• He yells at you
  • Respond to him with the question: “Do you like cake?”
  • Block him before he can respond

Simple

I use the name Barbie on all of my characters.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Many.8419

Many.8419

Verbal abuse is one thing, being oversensitive is another. Some ppl can’t stand they are proven wrong and tease others only to report them.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

It’s funny how all these threads about the “toxic community” made me afraid to play solo. Then the circumstances forced me to play unranked solo, since I started to learn a new class and I was expecting to be bullied, insulted, shouted at and whatever.

Guess. Nothing like this. 2 weeks solo playing, most of the people are calm and friendly. No one has said anything bad, no one has ragequit even if we losing bad, nothing. Why did you scare me so much, people?

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Yes, everyone had to start somewhere. And there is a place for that. —>Practice.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Cronicle.5691

Cronicle.5691

Yes, everyone had to start somewhere. And there is a place for that. —>Practice.

This ^

If you que up Ranked or Unranked even. You are expected to know your class, profession and even what it means to contest points instead of fighting off points letting the enemy free cap. I can’t how many times ive seen lvl 2 Engineers pop into Spvp on my team thinking they would just roll one of those turret engineers and think they will be beastly like the others and just end up dying like they didn’t even existed. This actually goes for all classes but if i see one in newbie armor or or is a lvl below 40 i will not put my faith in that player to perform well.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: SobeSoul.6910

SobeSoul.6910

I try my best never to say anything in chat, but lately there are a lot of people in Ranked who simply have no clue how maps work or any strategy at all. It’s pretty infuriating to have people waste your time because of that reason. If it was in Unranked I wouldn’t even care at all.

I don’t really care in Ranked if you’re not super mechanically good on your class or if you are using the bestest ever meta build. What I and a lot of other people care about is people being at correct locations, and not dilly dallying around with bosses, or lord rushing in Foefire from the start and getting your team triple capped in the process.

I honestly think from talking to other vets of the game it is the number one leading cause of rage. People simply do not understand or care to learn map strategies or how to rotate. It is something everyone should have partial knowledge about before they even queue for Ranked.

The reason I and others care about it is because Ranked is supposed to be the most competitive place in game we can play and get better.

Verbal Abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

It’s funny how all these threads about the “toxic community” made me afraid to play solo. Then the circumstances forced me to play unranked solo, since I started to learn a new class and I was expecting to be bullied, insulted, shouted at and whatever.

Guess. Nothing like this. 2 weeks solo playing, most of the people are calm and friendly. No one has said anything bad, no one has ragequit even if we losing bad, nothing. Why did you scare me so much, people?

GW2 has a nicer pvp community than other games I’ve played. I’ve only really had to deal with one foul-mouthed trolly ragequitter. Went straight to my block list and was probably reported by everyone in the match. -shrug-

PvPers get a lot of bad rep, because we’re critical. I’ve noticed a very interesting trend – those that talk smack just for the sake of talking smack are usually not that good to begin with.

One needs to keep a leveled head, and if they let their temper tantrums get the better of themself, well…it’s not helping anyone.