Veteran pvper's problems in GW2

in PvP

Posted by: GHCScorpion.4610

GHCScorpion.4610

You want button smashing and a one skill win….. habbo hotel is a good place for you Vet.

If you cant land your hits thats a l2p issue, use cc before a long skill

Oh so you want me to sacrifice fun and play style so I can fall in line with every other tunnel visioned pvper? I’d rather “pick my own weapons.” This wouldn’t be an issue if the classes had their own skill set rather than having what you’re using decide. Hell, if I want to Rush someone, I can do that with anything in my hands, not just a two-handed sword.

I have to admit, thats one big thing for me. I dont know why they did it like that but having your skills bound or chained to your weapon kind of makes me sad. The game is released and that concept is kind of set in stone i guess but i wish they didnt do it.
Having “only” the skills that your current weapon has is kind of…well it gets boring quite fast :/

I do understand that i am essentially using the same skills i used as an assassin in GW1 – me being a Thief and all that – but still…it was fun to experiment with your damage skills and trying out other professions (A/M or A/W anyone?) and using parts of their skills as well. Gave the game alot of depth.

(edited by GHCScorpion.4610)

in PvP

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

You want button smashing and a one skill win….. habbo hotel is a good place for you Vet.

If you cant land your hits thats a l2p issue, use cc before a long skill

Oh so you want me to sacrifice fun and play style so I can fall in line with every other tunnel visioned pvper? I’d rather “pick my own weapons.” This wouldn’t be an issue if the classes had their own skill set rather than having what you’re using decide. Hell, if I want to Rush someone, I can do that with anything in my hands, not just a two-handed sword.

I have to admit, thats one big thing for me. I dont know why they did it like that but having your skills bound or chained to your weapon kind of makes me sad. The game is released and that concept is kind of set in stone i guess but i wish they didnt do it.
Having “only” the skills that your current weapon has is kind of…well it gets boring quite fast :/

Yup, this is the real issue at hand. The lack of diversity in combat from one moment to the next which exists in a single build.

in PvP

Posted by: Iqor.2803

Iqor.2803

lol
Wow and MMO veteran should never be in the same sentence. Never..

agreed.

in PvP

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

lol

agreed.

Of course. 14 million subscribers were totally deluded, WoW fails so hard. What an awful game that is, and how Blizzard made a huge mistake with that one.

It’s typical how people love to bash on those who are the most popular/successful. It’s like when I hear people yelling “Michael Jordan!? That ape is nothing special, there are so many players better than him”. I actually HEARD people saying stuff like that. Well, the NBA halls of fame beg to differ. So does the rest of the world.

Please, note that WoW has RESULTS backing it up. RESULTS over a LONG TERM PERIOD. GW2 just came out and is lacking BADLY, no matter how much you refuse to believe that.

So no, it’s not players who need to adapt. It’s GW2 that needs to adapt if it wants to survive for all it’s expansions, game store and for a possible sequel. Not to mention the company reputation.

The fan-boys get to be arrogant only after GW2 survives for AT LEAST 7 years and builds up a huge player base. Not before.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

lol

agreed.

I think you may have just agreed to the most idiotic statement I have ever read on the internet. Congrats!

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Fabbs.3579

Fabbs.3579

“@Fabbs.3579
That will never be an esport. It is a casual game type. Two DIFFERENT things.
The the closest thing to an esport in this kind of game were the formats in guildwars one. On the topic of esports these formats are not even remotely close to even being called an esport.”

Please elaborate

in PvP

Posted by: snadge.2483

snadge.2483

Of course. 14 million subscribers were totally deluded, WoW fails so hard. What an awful game that is, and how Blizzard made a huge mistake with that one.

It’s typical how people love to bash on those who are the most popular/successful. It’s like when I hear people yelling “Michael Jordan!? That ape is nothing special, there are so many players better than him”. I actually HEARD people saying stuff like that. Well, the NBA halls of fame beg to differ. So does the rest of the world.

Please, note that WoW has RESULTS backing it up. RESULTS over a LONG TERM PERIOD. GW2 just came out and is lacking BADLY, no matter how much you refuse to believe that.

So no, it’s not players who need to adapt. It’s GW2 that needs to adapt if it wants to survive for all it’s expansions, game store and for a possible sequel. Not to mention the company reputation.

The fan-boys get to be arrogant only after GW2 survives for AT LEAST 7 years and builds up a huge player base. Not before.

WoW is a PvE game with PvP ‘tacked’ on to placate the PvE players, the whole concept of PvP in WoW is designed around the ‘grind’ and having better gear than your opponents.

GW2’s PvP has been designed from the ground up to be challenging, competitive and first and foremost to be BALANCED, it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

They are two different games, if you like having a gear advantage in PvP, play WoW, if you prefer balanced PvP based on skill alone, play GW2, it is really that simple.

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

WoW is a PvE game with PvP ‘tacked’ on to placate the PvE players, the whole concept of PvP in WoW is designed around the ‘grind’ and having better gear than your opponents.

GW2’s PvP has been designed from the ground up to be challenging, competitive and first and foremost to be BALANCED, it is like comparing chalk and cheese.

They are two different games, if you like having a gear advantage in PvP, play WoW, if you prefer balanced PvP based on skill alone, play GW2, it is really that simple.

WoW PvP, as something that is an afterthought, is BETTER than the GW2 PvP that’s been thoroughly thought through and is the core of the game. GW2 skill-based play is a very delicate topic.

Ouch.

Edit: I have a theory of WoW class imbalance, for which I agree it exists. Blizzard does this on purpose to hold the “appeal” of waiting for the next patch, where the random class that’s been underpowered for a while now finally receives well deserved buffs. That’s how you get people who stopped playing to return and pay the monthly fee. That constantly happens – one patch shamans are overpowered, the next they are underpowered. Then they are overpowered again.

(edited by Raging Bull.5048)

in PvP

snadge.2483

WoW PvP, as something that is an afterthought, is BETTER than the GW2 PvP that’s been thoroughly thought through and is the core of the game.

Ouch.

That is your opinion my friend, if you feel that strongly about it, play WoW, do not try to change this game.

My opinion however differs, WoW PvP is a joke, having hugely unbalanced classes that change each couple of months to force players to keep leveling and grinding new classes to stay fotm works very well with a subscription business model.

Having a rating system that encourages exploitation and wintrading alongside Boosting for rating and RMT operations and no rating decay makes a very stagnant competitive scene.

Personally I prefer balanced classes and skill based PvP, I say this very tongue in cheek but if you prefer WoW PvP, ’go back to WoW.

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

WoW PvP, as something that is an afterthought, is BETTER than the GW2 PvP that’s been thoroughly thought through and is the core of the game.

Ouch.

That is your opinion my friend, if you feel that strongly about it, play WoW, do not try to change this game.

My opinion however differs, WoW PvP is a joke, having hugely unbalanced classes that change each couple of months to force players to keep leveling and grinding new classes to stay fotm works very well with a subscription business model.

Having a rating system that encourages exploitation and wintrading alongside Boosting for rating and RMT operations and no rating decay makes a very stagnant competitive scene.

Personally I prefer balanced classes and skill based PvP, I say this very tongue in cheek but if you prefer WoW PvP, ’go back to WoW.

That’s exactly what I said. WoW uses FOTM on purpose, If they really wanted to balance the classes, they could.

However, GW2 PvP NOR PvE doesn’t require any special skill-play style worth mentioning. Nor is it balanced, to tell you the truth.

“The game is out for just a short while” isn’t an argument since there has been a long development time, along with the “when it’s ready” motto. It’s supposed to be ready now, right?

And of course it’s my opinion, we all have one.

in PvP

Posted by: felivear.1536

felivear.1536

Ouch.

If it was a joke and took NO skill (which is what you are alluding to) then please, tell me which rank did you reach in WoW? Which season did you place in the top % to get the arena season awards? I’m sure you just rolled that FoTM class and wound up winning 100% of the matches right? Oh, that’s right, you didn’t because although that game has major balance issues, it’s still skill that prevails at the highest level of PvP.

feLIVEar: Your resident forum king.

in PvP

Posted by: Kedrith.6724

Kedrith.6724

@ Underground king (the OP)

You could have saved alot of useless comment and raging (and most importanltly the time i wasted reading it) if you just left the WoW experience out of the post. Seriously, dont do it next time >.<

Anyway:
I think what are you experiencing is a different way to play MMO. Here coordination between classes and using a specific role in the right checkpoint is the strategic factor. While i agree that for the single player leaves the impression of being more shallow (due to limited number of skills usable by a single person) it opens strategic choices on what skill you are gonna use before the fight even begins. I’d like to be more specific but it will end by talking only about the 2-3 classes i know well enough.

in PvP

snadge.2483

Oh, that’s right, you didn’t because although that game has major balance issues, it’s still skill that prevails at the highest level of PvP.

No it’s not, it’s wintrading, hacking and identity theft that prevails.

I have only played WoW for 7 months, most of that PvPing, I leveled through BG’s and got about 1600 on my hunter until I gave up with the insane gear grind, the imbalanced teams we were playing against with full t2 gear and conquest armour were just too much to compete against in honor gear.

As I said the imbalances put me off the game.

in PvP

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

I too am a PVPer at heart. from FPS to MMO,, I have played a lot of them, including Warhammer, AOC, WOW, etc…

What I like about this PvP, is that you can join at level 1 and start pvping without having to grind for months to get to the right level, then having to grind for months to get gear.

It takes skill to learn your class and be good at it. There is no CD faceroller class that destroys all, stealth is very limited (too much IMO), and balancing will be a piece of cake, it will just take some time.

What hardcore PvPers (and WOW is not hardcore please) miss is the grind, the glory of gaining pimp gear after months and months of mindnumbing grinding and being able to faceroll anyone in their way, not because they are good, but because they have the best gear.

in PvP

Posted by: Vaerah.4907

Vaerah.4907

Vlaid

I think people are missing the point being that the pvp doesn’t have enough play diversity from moment to moment and between builds, not that the GW2 PVP is so impossiblly skill sensitive that everyone is having trouble (at least I’m not really).

It’s just the actual style and implementation of abilities and number of abilities available, and the impact of abilities to change the flow of a specific encounter doesn’t feel that great.

Actually, the point IS to not give “impact of abilities to change the flow…”. These are a misnomer for “I win abilities”. Those indeed impact the flow but make for a poor game.
I also played other MMOs and for some reason, most come with stupidly OP skills that make some classes “just stupid”.
The developers pretend that putting a long CD on those skills automagically make them fair, but putting 30 mins CD on a auto-win skill does not make it any less auto-win and unfair.

As such, I really prefer GW2 over other PvP MMOs, I actually hope they nerf the outstanding – clearly visible – few OP skills and make all of them more tactical.

People have to win because they outplayed, not because their CD was available or they had better gear.

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

WoW duels were immensely fun to watch. It’s because they were complex and unpredictable, all due to a wide array of skills you could use. And unlike common opinion among GW2 crowd you HAD to use MANY skills in WoW in order to be successful. All skills were also very easily noticeable, animations were clear and you just knew what’s happening in the fight.

GW2 PvP is often confusing, too many pets, too many effects, you can’t clearly see and recognize what class you’re dealing with before the fight starts and you can’t recognize their build right away.

As a former WoW player – the only thing I miss now is the good and fun PvP. Not the gear grind or any form of face-rolling, just fun and the thrill I felt the first time I tried WoW PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Quite honestly, the only games that I can truly say have any bearing on GW2 pvp are LoL(dota, never played it), and Dragon’s Nest, which is a quite new, extremely fast action mmorpg. Having played both of those games extensively, and gotten quite good at them, I haven’t found any huge issues with the pvp in this game. Obviously there are a few balance concerns (cough eles *cough), but overall, the pvp is extremely well put-together.

Latency issues are inherent in any sort of action based combat, and GW2 is no exception. Unless you live down the road from anet, you will need to expect, and deal with, some amount of latency in all combat situations. This can be dealt with in many different ways, setting up skills with large disabling aoes, or auto-aimed disables, or other tactics that I don’t feel the need to lay out here.

Anyone complaining about lack of variety between the different classes needs to get their head examined. Almost every single class has loads of very specific and individualized skills and mechanics, again, with ele being the one unfortunate exception.

On a similar topic, the fact that that GW2 lacks what the op termed “game changing skills” is a fantastic thing. Contrary to popular belief, putting a massively overpowered skill on a similarly massive timer does NOT balance it. The only thing it changes is how often you can use your I-win button. What GW2 does is instead of giving each class a couple of I-win buttons, they give them a “if used correctly, this tool will strongly impact the direction of a fight, and allow a significant advantage to their team” button.

in PvP

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

That’s exactly what I said. WoW uses FOTM on purpose, If they really wanted to balance the classes, they could.

However, GW2 PvP NOR PvE doesn’t require any special skill-play style worth mentioning. Nor is it balanced, to tell you the truth.

“The game is out for just a short while” isn’t an argument since there has been a long development time, along with the “when it’s ready” motto. It’s supposed to be ready now, right?

And of course it’s my opinion, we all have one.

Your opinion has a few flaws… the first one being that Blizz could balance classes. That’s BS. You know it, I know it, 20 million people that played the game (over the 7 years…possibly more) know it too. The fact that PvP isn’t balanced is due to the fact that they simply don’t care. It might be a good business for them, but it has made more people unhappy than GW2 could ever possibly make and, according to, well, everyone, that’s bad for business. So, what they did is…NOTHING. (as in, doing a thing that is “good for business” but in the end losing customers due to their choice).

I find balance quite nice in GW2. I guess it’s the way you look at things. I look at a team play (same as 3v3 in WoW…which was supposed to be balanced right? … heh :P) to find balance, and so far I haven’t seen anything that I would simply call OP. (Bar Tome of Courage… and I play guardian as main)

How long was the development time of Cataclysm? Was the balance good? … And no, it’s not ready now. Was WoW ready when it hit, or did they make a million changes?

You compare stuff to WoW but forget that GW2 is new and WoW isn’t. Seriously, give it time.

EDIT;

WoW duels were immensely fun to watch. It’s because they were complex and unpredictable, all due to a wide array of skills you could use. And unlike common opinion among GW2 crowd you HAD to use MANY skills in WoW in order to be successful. All skills were also very easily noticeable, animations were clear and you just knew what’s happening in the fight.

GW2 PvP is often confusing, too many pets, too many effects, you can’t clearly see and recognize what class you’re dealing with before the fight starts and you can’t recognize their build right away.

As a former WoW player – the only thing I miss now is the good and fun PvP. Not the gear grind or any form of face-rolling, just fun and the thrill I felt the first time I tried WoW PvP.

Depends. Do you know how many spells a frost mage needed against a warrior or a ret? 6. How many do you need to beat a thief in GW2? As a guardian, I need them all. And a couple more on the side that unfortunately I can’t use, but that’s the choice I took.

I asked someone this before, but they didn’t answer… How long did it take you to know every spell in WoW? You didn’t know everything in the first 3 weeks right?

So, why do you expect to know everything about the game with (roughly) 560 different abilities (not including combos)? Do you not think it takes a while to get used to it (seeing the animations…your eyes will adjust) before saying “this is kitten”?

The good and fun PvP in WoW? … which WoW did you play? BGs are a joke (I got over 2k wins only on main, and am a battlemaster since ‘09 …. so I have experience), 2v2 is a joke, 3v3 is (in the past, currently and in the future) mostly wizard oriented (and let’s not forget there are only 4 top tier combos in Cata). So, do tell me, in the last year or so, what exactly has been fun in WoW PvP?

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

(edited by Rock.7324)

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

You found a flaw in my opinion, explained and backed up with your opinion? Wow that’s original. Because your opinion is an absolute and a role-model for the rest of us mortals, right?

in PvP

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

I did make a fool of myself there, didn’t I?

Anyways, the only “flaw” I actually saw was the “Blizzard balances stuff”, which is definitely not true (and can be verified).

The rest of what I wrote did come out as the continuation of flaws, but it was just my opinions in the matter that you were talking about, and NOT the rest of the flaws (as there aren’t any besides the one I mentioned)

Also, you didn’t answer my questions. Many of them

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

Not a fool, far from that.

As far as Blizzard balancing stuff goes, I only said that they could, if they wanted to. They are imbalancing classes periodically on purpose, I can bet my new hat on it.

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

You guys realize this thread isn’t about WoW vs GW2 right? It’s about what GW2 PVP lacks. Get off the WoW hatred and let’s talk about the actual topic at hand, mmkay?

ok because of all these funny posts, i will answer you in a simple way.
about gw2 pvp lacks: gw2 pvp lacks of some mature players who think they need to play harder to reach a good skill, while they think they are already good enough.

you guys are sad because you don’t pay attention to anything in the game. and you all are beginners. stop whine in forums and play more.
then if you say 8v8 is spvp, ok, i won’t argue that BS.

No one is arguing the difficulty of PvP. People are arguing it’s narrow limits and shallowness. The missing of the fun factor and the thrill that should come along with PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: aleiro.8521

aleiro.8521

To copy the original post tldr….
TLDR
-Skills take forever to animate and cast, much down time.
-Little amount of skills, too much down time.
-No elites, no self-fulfilling satisfaction.
-We has variety! Lolz, jk.

I just wanna mention the following…
Skills are very responsive, the time that each skill takes to cast is a part of the game and it is intended, you have skills that are instacast without animation (e.g. shouts) and you have attack abilities that take time because there is no global cooldown in guild wars 2, something that most games normally have. The only times my skills have not been responsive is when there is latency…
Frankly I am happy that we can use 5 skills per weapon combination. This combines very well with gw2 fast paced combat. It also makes you think before you act since you want to make sure your skills hit the intended target. There is no real downtime since you always have 1 available. Plus weapon swapping is a part of the game and intended to let your skills cooldown in one set of weapons. Moreover, at least for the warrior there are traits that make your cooldowns faster for certain weapons, a must if you intend to dps with a certain set of weapons.
I take the warrior since it is what i know the most. My utility skills as a warrior are so good, it’s like a candy store, I can go into shouts and buff myself and allies, I can take frenzy, I can take stability, I could use banners but this is more for wvw or pve, I have endure pain, and I could combine it with a trait if I so wanted to become invincible. Combined with the right traits, the warrior (at least this class) can have a very different role depending on what you choose and your play style.
This last paragraph combines an argument that your last two conclusions are way off base…variety and hero-like abilities are in the game. The problem is that you have to spend more than 2 seconds thinking about your build. Pair it with the necessary runes and sigils and then play with that build like hell in order for you to start feeling like a wall that just won’t go down.

The main problem I see with people complaining about PvP in the forums is this:
People have now been playing video games for a LONG time. They come to guild wars 2 which is a new game and it has different concepts than its predecessors. They believe that they will bump into another copy of WoW, Rift, SWTOR, GW, or any other previous game they had pvpd in. That being said, they believe that the rules of GW2 should be the same as in the previous game. It is the players that must adapt to the game, not the other way around. What will happen if they devs turn GW2 into WoW?, interest will be lost in a second, because this would be the same game as before…

Please stop whining about stupid things and let this thread die already since it brings nothing more interesting than saying “I want to have WoW rules with GW2 art”

in PvP

Posted by: GHCScorpion.4610

GHCScorpion.4610

You guys realize this thread isn’t about WoW vs GW2 right? It’s about what GW2 PVP lacks. Get off the WoW hatred and let’s talk about the actual topic at hand, mmkay?

about gw2 pvp lacks: gw2 pvp lacks of some mature players who think they need to play harder to reach a good skill, while they think they are already good enough.

you guys are sad because you don’t pay attention to anything in the game. and you all are beginners. stop whine in forums and play more.

No one is arguing the difficulty of PvP. People are arguing it’s narrow limits and shallowness. The missing of the fun factor and the thrill that should come along with PvP.

Son, after all that stuff you wrote about WoW being superior (mind you if thats your opinion thats fine) to GW2 in, well all aspects as i take it from your posts, why dont you take a stept back, install WoW, play a bit (pay 12€) and come back to GW2 if you want (costs nothing btw.)

No one will ever force you to play a game that you dont enjoy, nor will anyone ever blame you for saying that you think that x is better y (in your opinion)

You see, just because you think this and that is wrong with GW2 doesn’t mean its essentially true, nor does it mean that its false. It means you have an opinion and you had expectations and they were not met. Thats sad and fine at the same time, because getting disappointed is a thing everyone of has sadly has to endure.

BUT you try to force your OPINION onto the people that do enjoy the game for what it is. In MY opinion GW2 is so far more superior to WoW (having played that game for 6 1/2 years) that its almost saddening for me to admit that i played WoW.

Than again, the developers of WoW (the real devs of the game itself, not the expansions) are the people that made GW1 and GW2.

Having said all that, i do know that i could let hell freeze over and you wouldn’t be open for other opinions, since you would rather deny the possibility of someone out there having another mindset than you.

Best regards.

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

no fun because no win because no skill.

tourney are nice, the feeling you have when you win one is “GeGeeeeee” or something.
right now they are free, good for us to work hard on teamplay and be better when tournament fee will be improved.
the ones who dont like spvp (5v5 i mean, 8v8 is kitten for beginners), should learn to play and stop whine or change the game and find some good pvp they like.

in PvP

Posted by: LanceHavenbay.2067

LanceHavenbay.2067

If you agreed with this post, please also read this thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Improved-Combat-Skill-system/first#post167291

We need MASSIVE skill improvement.

in PvP

Posted by: keroksi.3076

keroksi.3076

Some of you might have tried bloodline champios and know that 50% of the skill required dies right there when you dont have to actually aim your skills. Here they just land automaticly if the target aint dodging at that time. Well i knew that before purchasing this game and therefore aint even entitled to complain about this matter.

I know that this tab targeting system can work too, but at its current state its horrible.

For those who disagree id like to ask the following questions:

1. What kind of eyes do you have when you state that you can really see that asura warriors visual of bullcharge coming behind 3 mesmer illusion, 4 rockdogs and 2 thieves guilds + all the aoe effects that are on the middle and your camera that close to your ownkitten ?

2. Ok, lets say you can spot that important skill. Now what kind of mental powers you use to know who he is coming at? (atleast i havent found anything that displays targets target or enemies targeting you)

In a team, the only satisfaction you get is about how good you work as a team and move on the map. There is really little personal satisfaction of doing something well.

Only thing that is remotely keeping me even a little interested in this game atm is the 1on1 situations you get every now and then.

(edited by keroksi.3076)

in PvP

Posted by: Shukran.4851

Shukran.4851

@keroksi: for once i don’t hav to rage. i agree, but , hoping you played gw1, i can ask you, how could you understand if ranger was aiming interrupt on you? or that diversion was for you and you were "spamming"skills, while 2 warriors were attacking you in frenzy and eles put some shiny skill too?
asuras maybe need some kind of “polish”. but your eyes, mine and all gw2 players have to learn this too. it is not only about smashing keys or dodging, but also positioning and focus. or you can try to play game with less graphical effects. a lot of starcraft 2 pro-players plays with low settings to see cloacked units and gaining less lag while in combat.
but all those “suggestions” come out from experience. and here anyone is experienced.
/close all whiny threads

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

Son, after all that stuff you wrote about WoW being superior (mind you if thats your opinion thats fine) to GW2 in, well all aspects as i take it from your posts, why dont you take a stept back, install WoW, play a bit (pay 12€) and come back to GW2 if you want (costs nothing btw.)

No one will ever force you to play a game that you dont enjoy, nor will anyone ever blame you for saying that you think that x is better y (in your opinion)

You see, just because you think this and that is wrong with GW2 doesn’t mean its essentially true, nor does it mean that its false. It means you have an opinion and you had expectations and they were not met. Thats sad and fine at the same time, because getting disappointed is a thing everyone of has sadly has to endure.

BUT you try to force your OPINION onto the people that do enjoy the game for what it is. In MY opinion GW2 is so far more superior to WoW (having played that game for 6 1/2 years) that its almost saddening for me to admit that i played WoW.

Than again, the developers of WoW (the real devs of the game itself, not the expansions) are the people that made GW1 and GW2.

Having said all that, i do know that i could let hell freeze over and you wouldn’t be open for other opinions, since you would rather deny the possibility of someone out there having another mindset than you.

Best regards.

Let me get this straight – you mention that I’m trying to force my opinion on others, but then you say that you could let all hell freeze over and I won’t be open to suggestions? Astonishing.

First off, I’m not your son, address me with respect. Second, when I say my opinion then I’m forcing it onto others, but when you say your opinion and I don’t agree with it then I’m not open minded?

I don’t recall quoting my opinion for truth. I did say that you can’t, simply can’t say that WoW sucks. You can’t. It is not my opinion, it’s the fact that is supported by 14 million subscribers. It might be less now, after years and years of WoW existence, but it’s still over 10 million people. For instance, I might not like Coca Cola but I can’t say that it sucks, because it’s one of the most popular drinks in the world. Trust me, I’d love to be the major stock holder in the Coca Cola company, even if I don’t actually like the drink personally.

Lastly, I don’t need a friendly advice to “go back to WoW”. I can decide for myself. Everything I write on these forums is with good intentions and a goal to make GW2 a better experience.

You know, in life, friends who criticize you are always better than “friends” who constantly pat you on the back telling you you’re always right and perfect the way you are. So put your complexes aside, this is not a competition where “my” game is better than “yours”, but instead a way to present our thoughts, issues and ideas to developers who have the direct impact on the future game development.

I paid the same price for GW2 like you did and I have the same right to love it, play it and criticize it. Even if I played WoW, and believe that WoW does a mass of things better than GW2 does (at the moment).

(edited by Raging Bull.5048)

in PvP

Posted by: keroksi.3076

keroksi.3076

Shukran, i plaid gw1 when it launched, but we had this problem of getting 5 ppl online at the same time and the hotjoin was like it is now on gw2 actually =)

Hope they do something about it now, before i end up writing a post on gw3 forums, how i plaid gw2 when it launched

in PvP

Posted by: Sjach Darasv.3729

Sjach Darasv.3729

keroksi.3076

In a team, the only satisfaction you get is about how good you work as a team and move on the map. There is really little personal satisfaction of doing something well.

Only thing that is remotely keeping me even a little interested in this game atm is the 1on1 situations you get every now and then.

Roll a class and be that person on your team that stays back and defends the close point. You end up in 1v1,1v2,1v3 situations all the time, surviving in those situations long enough for help to arrive = satisfaction.

~Lone Shadow~

in PvP

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

You WoW players really should stay there. Please, don’t try to make this game in a better graphics WoW. Accept the fact that this is a completly diferent game and it should not have anything similar to WoW.

in PvP

Posted by: Nargaroth.1482

Nargaroth.1482

@Raging Bull, @UndergroundKing did you ubber vets at least played the first game for more than a year and gvg to at least top 300?

in PvP

Posted by: senoph.2930

senoph.2930

I played WoW. I wasn’t a pro, my Arena rating hit 1950 at the highest. I do find it funny that people complain about a lack of variety, though, considering most classes only had one effective spec for Arena with minor variations outside of the occasional novelty team comp. After a certain rating you really stop running into those too, for the most part. I should know, because a friend and I did double DPS (Ret Paladin and Frost DPS.) I much prefer GW2’s PVP to WoW’s. I don’t find the weapon selection to be boring, but then again, I do play a Guardian. I find most of the classes, when played well, to be very balanced. I’m going to contradict myself here, though, and say it seems Elementalists do need some help. I’ve seen some great ones, and I’ve seen some really great ones in videos in particular, but the average Elementalist I see seems to be struggling to stay at the base level the rest of us are cruising on.

Also, to the above quotations about how you can’t say WoW sucks because it’s popular, I believe that’s called an argumentum ad populum. Just because a lot of people like it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck. A lot of people like McDonald’s, too, but you aren’t really going to tell me that it’s because McDonald’s has better food as much as it has better marketing than its competition (or, if you don’t believe me, you will need to explain why WoW’s subscriber numbers get quoted as often as the “240 billion served” motto McDonald’s trumpets.)

This game certainly does have its PVP issues, but they are very, very minor compared to some of the things that I remember seeing in Vanilla WoW. Destruction Warlocks, Undead Shadow Priests (which I played, unless you thought I was just a still-bitter Alliance player), Undead Rogues, and Enhancement Shamans with Hand of Ragnaros come to mind. You want to talk about a lack of variety, in that last example? Here’s “Stormstrike+Windfury=you’re dead” for a real spread of delight.

I also played RIFT, which took a more WoW-type approach with multiclassing elements and all the skills you could ever want. Again, it all boiled down to a few very hard specs which were set in stone. When the FOTM changed due to rebalancing, so did those specs, but there was never a big variety to them. Pop big cooldowns, crowd control to death, occasionally line of sight. If you enjoy that style of gameplay, there are still at least two MMOs on the market who deliver it in spades.

(edited by senoph.2930)

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

You WoW players really should stay there. Please, don’t try to make this game in a better graphics WoW. Accept the fact that this is a completly diferent game and it should not have anything similar to WoW.

And you should really stop advising people what to do. Stay on topic and try to be constructive, not provoke people who post here.

in PvP

Raging Bull.5048

I played WoW. I wasn’t a pro, my Arena rating hit 1950 at the highest. I do find it funny that people complain about a lack of variety, though, considering most classes only had one effective spec for Arena with minor variations outside of the occasional novelty team comp. After a certain rating you really stop running into those too, for the most part. I should know, because a friend and I did double DPS (Ret Paladin and Frost DPS.) I much prefer GW2’s PVP to WoW’s. I don’t find the weapon selection to be boring, but then again, I do play a Guardian. I find most of the classes, when played well, to be very balanced.

Also, to the above quotations about how you can’t say WoW sucks because it’s popular, I believe that’s called an argumentum ad populum. Just because a lot of people like it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t suck. A lot of people like McDonald’s, too, but you aren’t really going to tell me that it’s because McDonald’s has better food as much as it has better marketing than its competition (or, if you don’t believe me, you will need to explain why WoW’s subscriber numbers get quoted as often as the “240 billion served” motto McDonald’s trumpets.)

This game certainly does have its PVP issues, but they are very, very minor compared to some of the things that I remember seeing in Vanilla WoW. Destruction Warlocks, Undead Shadow Priests (which I played, unless you thought I was just a still-bitter Alliance player), Undead Rogues, and Enhancement Shamans with Hand of Ragnaros come to mind. You want to talk about a lack of variety, in that last example? Here’s Stormstrike+Windfury+you’re dead for a real spread of delight.

I also played RIFT, which took a more WoW-type approach with multiclassing elements and all the skills you could ever want. Again, it all boiled down to a few very hard specs which were set in stone. When the FOTM changed due to rebalancing, so did those specs, but there was never a big variety to them. Pop big cooldowns, crowd control to death, occasionally line of sight. If you enjoy that style of gameplay, there are still at least two MMOs on the market who deliver it in spades.

Well, you certainly have the right to your opinion, but I also have the right to not agree with it.

Popularity IS the indicator if something is good or not. I believe you mixed up whether it’s healthy (McDonald’s quote) and whether people like the taste.

People have had the choice between so many “attempts” of MMORPGs, and still, almost a decade your old game dominates. It’s because people CHOOSE to play it over it’s competitors. It’s really the only indicator there is. So us, people who have issues with certain aspects of GW2 and are in favor of how WoW handles certain things aren’t the “vocal minority”. You are. We are the part of 11+ million WoW subscribers. Beat those numbers and I’ll agree we are the minority.