Voice Chat - Creating Communication

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Conquest is a game mode that unarguably benefits from vocal communication.

Snap decisions, focus, the very complex business of rotating around different objectives/ map features… You cannot quickly type these things out. You can’t be bunkering 1v2 and take a moment to type. You can’t set up great combo’s reliably.

I think a major hindrance to this game mode is a lack of substantial communication. There is a feeling of “my team will have their own ideas and I’ll never know what they intend to do”. And trying to get them to read a small chat window about how they should abandon mid is not a good solution in the frenzy of teamfights.

There is heated people, there is toxic people, and there’s obviously a mute function. The opportunities for active learning, camaraderie, and for people to express real time information without hindrance to game play is invaluable for competitive.

There is a sense of accomplishment, a sense of teamwork, a sense of “We really womboed the crap out of mid, that was cool.”

It’s more exciting, it’s pro’s immeasurably weigh out the cons, and I’d really like to understand why it doesn’t exist, and why it hasn’t existed for so long as basic functionality in game?

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

10/10

this has been mentioned many times in the past yet there are no replies to it from anet. lack of proper voip is one of the main things dragging pvp down.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

lack of proper voip is one of the main things dragging pvp down.

No it’s not.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: megilandil.7506

megilandil.7506

Snap decisions, focus, the very complex business of rotating around different objectives/ map features… You cannot quickly type these things out. You can’t be bunkering 1v2 and take a moment to type. You can’t set up great combo’s reliably.

I think a major hindrance to this game mode is a lack of substantial communication. There is a feeling of “my team will have their own ideas and I’ll never know what they intend to do”. And trying to get them to read a small chat window about how they should abandon mid is not a good solution in the frenzy of teamfights.

There is heated people, there is toxic people, and there’s obviously a mute function. The opportunities for active learning, camaraderie, and for people to express real time information without hindrance to game play is invaluable for competitive.

There is a sense of accomplishment, a sense of teamwork, a sense of “We really womboed the crap out of mid, that was cool.”

It’s more exciting, it’s pro’s immeasurably weigh out the cons, and I’d really like to understand why it doesn’t exist, and why it hasn’t existed for so long as basic functionality in game?

know you that this game is in many countries who speak many diferent languages?

voicecom has also language barriers, english is not “universal”

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

No, I had no idea people speak other languages.

Let me make this really simple for people: if people don’t speak the same language, then how are they NEGATIVELY impacted by the OPTION of voice chat?

There is 0, and I truly mean 0 tangible negatives in a competitive game to having voice chat. People not speaking english? People getting upset cause someone called them bad? These "negative"s already clearly exist in text form.

If someone has a valid argument, please, I’m listening. But competitive, competent game titles like Overwatch for example are already taking a huge dump on anything you say.

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

No it’s not.

strong argument sir. please tell me how Voice chat could negatively impact this game more than it could positively impact it. I’m waiting.

There are lots of problems with sPvP, and a huge one is people not caring. Thank you for contributing to the problem.

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

this is why I put people on the blocked list !! when they speak or try to talk in pvp as they are not their to pvp at all . and just want to chat and talk which takes away from the game its self and is not need at all.

pvp not hard to do but people do not get that idea .that is like the game put in dps meters for a reason . then every one got super foolish their yet again and tried to make their own apps for it . which failed and now the one guy that was doing that bgm or what ever dps meter finally gave up thankfully . as it was one of the most foolish ideas
ever more so when the game already has its own dps meter

same goes for voice chat just another not need item that takes away from the game fully and why anet never ever or will ever put it into the game at all ever . even more so when their already is a bunch of chat apps like TeamSpeak discord and so forth .

which do take away from the game its self in terms of enjoyment and trying to get things done you came to do in the game . and thankfully the reason why the game will never ever get a build in vop or voice chat put into the game . as the drevs get the idea hey they can use TeamSpeak and discord . so we will not waste our time with that at all . and put more of our time into the game its self !!

no new system upgrades coming

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

this is why I put people on the blocked list !! when they speak or try to talk in pvp as they are not their to pvp at all . and just want to chat and talk which takes away from the game its self and is not need at all.

pvp not hard to do but people do not get that idea .that is like the game put in dps meters for a reason . then every one got super foolish their yet again and tried to make their own apps for it . which failed and now the one guy that was doing that bgm or what ever dps meter finally gave up thankfully . as it was one of the most foolish ideas

same goes for voice chat just another not need item that takes away from the game fully and why anet never ever or will ever put it into the game at all ever . even more so when their already is a bunch of chat apps like TeamSpeak discord and so forth .

which do take away from the game its self in terms of enjoyment and trying to get things done you came to do in the game . and thankfully the reason why the game will never ever get a build in vop or voice chat put into the game . as the drevs get the idea hey they can use TeamSpeak and discord . so we will not waste our time with that at all . and put more of our time into the game its self !!

That was very hard to read, and my time was wasted because you did not make a single, actual argument against why an implementation like this would be negative. You just spewed nonsense alluding to people only wanting to “chit chat” whereas we are playing a ranked, competitive game mode where users want to win.

And instead of “chit chatting” in text form, at least they’d be freeing up there hands and you could, once again because this is so incredibly hard for the average person to grasp MUTE OR TURN OFF THIS FEATURE ALTOGETHER.

Teamspeak or other apps do not cater to solo queue. Setting a precedent of “pro’s use voice chat, if I’m not a complete idiot I could use this to my advantage as well” can only make for better games and less frustration.

What I’d love is ArenaNet to come in and be transparent about this. Your game mode suffers from a genuine feeling of “who cares”. You build upon a community very organically by allowing them to talk to each other and create better teamwork game by game with something like this, and it can be attributed to any organized competitive setting in any esport.

There’s one other game I can think of that rivals the same toxicity each game, and what do you know, it’s League of Legends, another title not utilizing Voip for solo queue.

in PvP

Posted by: WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

WARIORSCHARGEING.2637

That was very hard to read, and my time was wasted because you did not make a single, actual argument against why an implementation like this would be negative. You just spewed nonsense alluding to people only wanting to “chit chat” whereas we are playing a ranked, competitive game mode where users want to win.

And instead of “chit chatting” in text form, at least they’d be freeing up there hands and you could, once again because this is so incredibly hard for the average person to grasp MUTE OR TURN OFF THIS FEATURE ALTOGETHER.

Teamspeak or other apps do not cater to solo queue. Setting a precedent of “pro’s use voice chat, if I’m not a complete idiot I could use this to my advantage as well” can only make for better games and less frustration.

What I’d love is ArenaNet to come in and be transparent about this. Your game mode suffers from a genuine feeling of “who cares”. You build upon a community very organically by allowing them to talk to each other and create better teamwork game by game with something like this, and it can be attributed to any organized competitive setting in any esport.

There’s one other game I can think of that rivals the same toxicity each game, and what do you know, it’s League of Legends, another title not utilizing Voip for solo queue.

this is why i put people on the blocked list a.s.p. in the game !!

no new system upgrades coming

(edited by WARIORSCHARGEING.2637)

in PvP

megilandil.7506

Let me make this really simple for people: if people don’t speak the same language, then how are they NEGATIVELY impacted by the OPTION of voice chat?

There is 0, and I truly mean 0 tangible negatives in a competitive game to having voice chat. People not speaking english? People getting upset cause someone called them bad? These "negative"s already clearly exist in text form.

If someone has a valid argument, please, I’m listening. But competitive, competent game titles like Overwatch for example are already taking a huge dump on anything you say.

how they are impacted? LOL
there is another factor of imbalancement , team that have coms cuz they are english/same lenguage speakers vs team that dont have coms cuz they are not english/same language speakers
simple, dont think you

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

Honestly simple commands that exist in MOBAs etc. should be enough. I mean shortcuts for stuff like retreat, need help etc. but more applicable to conquest.

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

there is another factor of imbalancement , team that have coms cuz they are english/same lenguage speakers vs team that dont have coms cuz they are not english/same language speakers
simple, dont think you

A match maker that randomly places people of all backgrounds into a match where the only method of communication is TEXT is only made better by people being able to VOCALLY express things as an OPTION.

Your english is good enough to say “HELP MID” or my spanish is good enough to try and say “AYUDA MID”. And if it isn’t both teams have the same exact chance of perceived “imbalance”. And I say perceived because it’s absolutely silly to make that assumption.

Either way, there is nothing lumping these different nationalities into same language speaking groups, your point is completely invalidated and the current system has the same language barriers you speak of. Are we speaking different languages in text? Then we’re speaking different languages in voice comms.

“simple, dont think you?”

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

No it’s not.

strong argument sir. please tell me how Voice chat could negatively impact this game more than it could positively impact it. I’m waiting.

There are lots of problems with sPvP, and a huge one is people not caring. Thank you for contributing to the problem.

Voice is the last thing that’s keeping pvp down. Did we all forget about the balance and specs as being the absolute main thing to look into?

And no where did I say voice would negatively impact pvp. This wasn’t even brought up or even hinted at.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

It’s an objective fact that voice comms improve ranked gameplay in soloq. Only reason they wouldn’t implement it is """toxicity""", aka capitalism.

in PvP

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

After some time in ESO, I think voice coms would be a great addition to the game. It allows for better coordination, and gives the sense of camaraderie between team members. I’ve had a ton of fun in ESO going through public dungeons and running into someone else on voice coms and teaming up to take on difficult fights.

Can’t see a downside to it really. Toxicity or language barriers isn’t a good excuse since those issues already exist with text chat. However, I will say that even in ESO on PS4 with built in voice coms made as simple as possible, hardly anyone actually uses the voice coms, and perhaps Anet doesn’t want to invest resources into something that may not see widespread use.

As for those saying voice coms will never happen, well, everyone said the same thing about mounts…

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in PvP

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Voicechat would be a great addition. I am a fast typer but sometimes I lose momentum or get struck in a critical moment when giving out info on what happens. Yet communication is cruicial to even the odds. I’ve had a match yesterday that we won because we all communicated, we gave info and suggested what to target or where to rotate. At first we were having our bottom kicked hard but we retaliated once we started to talk with sense instead of spilling salt. I believe that voice chat would greatly boost the possibility to turn the tides of some matches more often.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in PvP

megilandil.7506

simple, dont think you

A match maker that randomly places people of all backgrounds into a match where the only method of communication is TEXT is only made better by people being able to VOCALLY express things as an OPTION.

Your english is good enough to say “HELP MID” or my spanish is good enough to try and say “AYUDA MID”. And if it isn’t both teams have the same exact chance of perceived “imbalance”. And I say perceived because it’s absolutely silly to make that assumption.

Either way, there is nothing lumping these different nationalities into same language speaking groups, your point is completely invalidated and the current system has the same language barriers you speak of. Are we speaking different languages in text? Then we’re speaking different languages in voice comms.

“simple, dont think you?”

Naturally im thinking in my case, basically selftaugh english reading webs and viewing tvshows in original version with subs either in my language or english and a pair of years in childhood in a private academy many years ago, i can write simple text to make me comprehensible , but oral is another thing and if we mix some awful accents….
for coms to say simple frases it could be beter a system of simple shortcuts with predeterminate frases (who everyone will read in their game language available in a pair of clicks
system have so many imbalancements to put a potential other

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Not only no, but kitten no.

First it would be hugely laggy and we already see issues with the servers.

Second, the trolling would be epic and unreportable. There’s already more than enough trolling in PvP.

Mesmerising Girl

in PvP

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

so mute trolls. simple. as for the lag, that’s not something that is experienced 24/7.

Did we all forget about the balance and specs as being the absolute main thing to look into?

what sorts of profession balance issues are you referring to?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

(edited by Stand The Wall.6987)

in PvP

Posted by: Bezerker.2379

Bezerker.2379

Other competitive games have tried this in the past and almost always regretted it. Smite for example. The problems were it became mostly unused and if it was it was used for trolling/BM.

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Other competitive games have tried this in the past and almost always regretted it. Smite for example. The problems were it became mostly unused and if it was it was used for trolling/BM.

I’m sorry, but I can’t seem to find any resources stating that Smite ever had voice chat, let alone regretted it, can you provide a source? All i’m finding is request threads….

I think ping and such would be ok, but this is not a moba, and I think ongoing vocal conversations translate as necessary for decent coordination in this game mode.

In games with voice chat, I have noticed a very, very common trend. If a person starts harassing someone and passing blame, the remaining players mob on that person to just play the game and not act toxic.

There is an underlying want for people to just have fun/win and those that spend the entire time insulting people get muted and kitten on fast. I see more people fighting against toxicity than promoting it in Overwatch and there’s a very large amount of immature and toxic people. They lose their voice very quickly.

People want to win. It is undeniable that toxic behavior ruins that chance to win, and a good community will strive for teamwork regardless of the medium.

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Not only no, but kitten no.

First it would be hugely laggy and we already see issues with the servers.

Second, the trolling would be epic and unreportable. There’s already more than enough trolling in PvP.

Anyone familiar with the resources needed for voice chat know it is minimally straining (We are playing a triple A title, are we not?) And I call BS on server issues, the only ones I have seen are related to DDOS and I have seen them in WvW, but absolutely not in sPvP.

Did you ever stop to think that one of the reasons there’s a ton of trolling in PvP is frustration? Maybe a lack of people taking anything seriously? Did you also take a moment to consider the function of a mute button?

A mute button allows you to silence another player. By simply clicking a button, your perceived issue is solved.

I’m overwhelmed with joy that I could teach someone about this wonderful feature of any VOIP application ever.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)