Voice Chat for PvP

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wichidi.9281

Wichidi.9281

I believe it would be a great idea to add an ingame VoiceChat to the game for PvP. Sice we alrdy cant 5 man que anymore theres no way to be on discord/ts on the entire team.

Many ppl complain about bad matchmaking, bad teammates and bad rotations.
if u had a way to talk to ur team u could probably improve rotations by giving advices and call out for things.

U do have the chat for that and u can call targets, but most ppl just wont read the chat or dont have the time to type in certain situations.

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

often suggested and would be great.
But there need to be some additions.
First the player should be able to set preferred language´s.
Then the scheduler needs to take that into account when pairing.
Then there should be an option that says only Q with voice chat which results in only being paired with people that have voice chat activated and a fitting language …
Ähm … Q time ?

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Wichidi.9281

Wichidi.9281

i dont think this is needed. right now we dont have any Voice Chat. If everyone has the possibility to turn on voicechat that would be a big improvement. the language filter isnt needed tbh. if 3 more ppl join vc and one person doesnt because he/she doesnt speak eng very well thats fine. rather have 4 ppl in voice chat than no one in voice chat.

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Grravy.1945

Grravy.1945

This would be a terrible idea. Is people talking trash in chat during games not enough? Map pinging, targeting, the big bold words at the top of the screen, even preparation time should be enough to get your team ready. But even then people don’t listen, now imagine hearing that one guy trash talk your entire team while he sits in spawn?

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

Mute option button … Of couse you need this too.

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Here is my experience from OW which has VC and 6v6 objective oriented pvp format.

1. A LOT of players actually leave VC right away upon joining the match so they never hear communication between the teammates (same way as a lot of players mute sound in GW2 and don’t even hear/see pings).

2. A LOT of players use VC for trolling/griefing etc. instead of communicating strategy/calling CDs/enemy position etc. Worst part of it, it taught me one thing: never, ever say anything in VC if you are a female player. Even nowadays (hello 2017), the communication during the match reduces to “go in the kitchen, make me sammich”, “lol carried gurl”, “shut up grill” and other comments with sexual harassment character the moment you say “hello” on vc and try to call things like enemy flanker being behind us.

3. language barrier in EU can be pretty high.

Bottom line, i doubt VC would change much.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Wolfric.9380

It´s right that all these exists. But i also made good experience. And for females in chat it´s 99% realy fine and no problem. I can only remember once that some sexual comments were made. But this was due to people knowing her in RL and she having two realy big b…
So well it´s a chance for better communication. Won´t work every time.
Thing is i also got random people into voice chat, but the time is too short during match preparation to sync and connect in teamspeak or skype …

(edited by Wolfric.9380)

Voice Chat for PvP

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

Voice chat would improve match quality. I’d rather have someone kitten talk me over voice chat than trying to keyboard warrior mid match.

I also notice that people are much less toxic on voice chat. People are less likely to fully engage in being toxic when there’s a voice to talk back. Overwatch for example certainly has toxic people, but there is so much more room for awesome plays and engaging gameplay and friendships to be made.

This is one thing I genuinely could see helping this game feel more competitive. Rotations, focus, +1….. a Mic’d team is infinitely more efficient. Currently solo queue is a mess and It rarely feels like a team game. Even when you win, it’s more of a “oh, these guys knew where to go and play their class well”.