Vote With Your Wallet: Thief/Warrior Balance

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

For any Thieves, Warriors(or any other) that still put money into this game while anet seems to crush our dreams of a reasonably balanced experience in PvP need to STOP Spending Money. What Really Pushes Anet into balancing?

The answer is money. Money talks; it speaks louder than any balance thread.

That is why we need to vote with our wallets. I want everyone who realizes the lack of balance to pledge right now not to give anet another dime till they start making reasonable decisions in the balancing department.

in PvP

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You realize that they can’t really see “money unspent” right? They certainly can’t directly correlate it with why it’s not being spent. The only way money talks is when you’re spending it on things you approve of.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

“Not spending a dime” is going to do literally nothing.

In fact, if anything it gives the company less budget to go around, which in fact hurts the balance even more.

Make yourself heard in a civil and calm manner, don’t create confrontational and aggressive threads, and the devs will notice the problem (even if they definitely already did) and maybe even respond.

Chill out guys, the balance patch will eventually come.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

in PvP

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

Hahahahaha

Now if there was a item on the gemshop called ‘’Keep warrior weak’’ and people bought it, then we could vote with our wallets by NOT buying that item XD

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

The only way to vote with wallet would be not buying HoT but since elites were made a must have for pvp i am sure most ppl got xpac anyway.

Another way would be if entire community would quit game but that also won’t happen.

Thieves and wars (that otherwise would be competing in popularity with revs) will probably remain garbage for loooong time untill balancing team either decides to tone done aoe/Cc/passives fest we have atm or make thieves/war same as other classes (aka less active = more passives = computer plays for you).

So, if you are die hard thief/war and don’t want to reroll, it is probably good time to try out other games.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

For any Thieves, Warriors(or any other) that still put money into this game while anet seems to crush our dreams of a reasonably balanced experience in PvP need to STOP Spending Money. What Really Pushes Anet into balancing?

That is why we need to vote with our wallets. I want everyone who realizes the lack of balance to pledge right now not to give anet another dime till they start making reasonable decisions in the balancing department.

Way ahead of you Cobrakon. I haven’t spent money in the gem store for a long time, and I have no intention of buying the expansion. I still play the game, I just don’t feel like I should reward the company for the direction they are going in (espurts power creep cheese, gliders, whatever the heck they are doing).

If a dog poops on your carpet, do you reward it with a scooby snack? No, that would be positively reinforcing bad behavior.

If they never achieve a credible balance, then players like me will eventually find other games to play. That’s how the market works. But to give them money in the hope that they’ll somehow be inspired to change direction? Yeah, no.

And trust me, the company can feel the money that isn’t spent. Businesses tend to notice these things.

Now, if they DO release a credible series of balance patches, I’ll be the first in line to buy new skins or whatever in the gem store. But they gotta earn it.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

So I guess rangers shouldn’t have put money back into the game when they were out of the meta for so long, or any class that found themselves out of the meta. Play another class if you just simply want to play something thats overpowered.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in PvP

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

“Not spending a dime” is going to do literally nothing.

In fact, if anything it gives the company less budget to go around, which in fact hurts the balance even more.

Make yourself heard in a civil and calm manner, don’t create confrontational and aggressive threads, and the devs will notice the problem (even if they definitely already did) and maybe even respond.

Chill out guys, the balance patch will eventually come.

I call it being a smart consumer. Nothing confrontational or aggressive about his post. And withholding his money won’t have any effect? In the aggregate it sure will because he’s not alone. And there’s no guarantee that spending more money on the expansion or in the gem store will result in anything he wants from the game.

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Not putting money into the game is one of the better ways to speak out against a company. However, just because your class isn’t in the pro meta for a little while, you’re calling for some sort of “pledge”?

I bet a reasonable decision would be making <insert OP’s favorite class> the top tier meta class at the expense of <insert any other class>.

Just leave, and send me your gold before you do so. Nothing will stick it to them like abandoning all of your in-game goods and deleting your account.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Fenju.2953

Fenju.2953

And how is arenanet supposed to know why you don’t spend money ? There are so many people that complain about so many stuff.

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

AN TOO worried about making a mistake and making Thief and War OP woops. After Jon Peters left no one at AN knows anything about anything.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in PvP

Posted by: trytonianYeti.4389

trytonianYeti.4389

Justin O’Dell left anet to work for amazon game studios. Jon Peters and Eric Flannum followed him a few months later.

So that’s 3 pvp devs lost to amazon.

I now wonder what amazon have up on their sleeve.

I also wonder if Justin O’Dell got a commission for referring 2 developers to amazon. It’s tough getting good talent working for you.

Just like there are lots of scrub pvpers, there are also lots of scrub developers. Only a few are great and they are in high demand.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeghart.9841

Zeghart.9841

I call it being a smart consumer. Nothing confrontational or aggressive about his post. And withholding his money won’t have any effect? In the aggregate it sure will because he’s not alone. And there’s no guarantee that spending more money on the expansion or in the gem store will result in anything he wants from the game.

You can’t buy balance, so you can’t really be a balance consumer, can you?

If someone decided to boycott the gem store because of questionable microtransaction decisions from Anet, say for example their recent trend of bundling stuff together instead of selling it separately, then I’d understand – and Anet would clearly see that too.

But this simply makes zero sense and has zero impact on the pvp situation. It’s like boycotting oranges because you don’t like carrots – yes they’re both orange, but they have literally nothing else in common.

Want to boycott PvP? Don’t play PvP. It’s as simple as that.
Anet can very clearly see the pvp numbers and will notice.

And if a guy inciting a boycott isn’t confrontational, I don’t know what is.

It has to start somewhere. It has to start sometime.
What better place than here? What better time than now?

(edited by Zeghart.9841)

in PvP

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

You can’t buy balance, so you can’t really be a balance consumer, can you?

If someone decided to boycott the gem store because of questionable microtransaction decisions from Anet, say for example their recent trend of bundling stuff together instead of selling it separately, then I’d understand – and Anet would clearly see that too.

But this simply makes zero sense and has zero impact on the pvp situation. It’s like boycotting oranges because you don’t like carrots – yes they’re both orange, but they have literally nothing else in common.

Want to boycott PvP? Don’t play PvP. It’s as simple as that.
Anet can very clearly see the pvp numbers and will notice.

And if a guy inciting a boycott isn’t confrontational, I don’t know what is.

I will tell you why it makes sense; A company that has complete control over the selling environment is going to collect as much relevant statistics as possible.

I’m almost certain they can see if profit dips from those who main a thief for example. This is a money making machine. There is also psychology behind it. Trust me, they will be able to see developing trends in spending.

If they get away with a kitten unbalanced pvp they win. Because they got more money for less effort. However if you are smart consumers you will demand more for your money. Its this tug of war. Although anet still probably has passionate people that love games working for them, there will always be a business model that tries to get the most money for the least amount of work.

But you can demand more. We can join together and demand higher quality.
You wanna know why so many AAA titles suck or come out buggy or are not content rich… or are unbalanced? It is because people throw money at companies with pre orders ..when you give money to a company that has problems, you only help continue those problems. You only help their habbit. If they make money, why change anything?

(edited by Cobrakon.3108)

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

I’ve been as happy with scrapper as I’ve been unhappy with berserker.
I don’t regret my purchase at all, but I would if I didn’t play engineer.
maybe I’d start playing the easiest class in the game and have a ball spamming my meditations and 13k true shots. who knows.

I no longer duel main. I only play engi.
I’m having a lot of fun, but I really miss warrior.
hope anet buffs and fixes core warrior to the point where it’s worth playing.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: Drayos.8759

Drayos.8759

maybe I’d start playing the easiest class in the game and have a ball spamming my meditations and 13k true shots. who knows.

meditations have huge CDs and also the Guardians entire defence, Specially after opting into Dragonhunter which loses even more defence, they also have the lowest hp pool in the game and Any viable DH build does not even half 13k dmg rofl.

What u talking? Pure Damage Berserker DH?.. Something with prolly under 10k hp xD. 1 Dodge 1 Swing and u win against that, Like seriously XD Such over-exaggeration on these things and u wonder why nothing happens.

Like honestly, with this level of Excessive QQ, bandwagoning and over-exaggeration is ridiculous DH is no more OP then any other Elite excluding Warriors and Thiefs.

“easiest class in the game” sorry bud but anything mass QQ’d on suddenly becomes the Easiest proffessions, it wasnt that long ago it was Elementalists getting that hate, its hilarious how this Changes.. With ur made up “strats”… given 30-72 Second CDs with 0 Passive Defences and prolly 6k at max True shots unless ur fighting a Berserker, and if so deserve to die tbh.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

meditations have huge CDs and also the Guardians entire defence, Specially after opting into Dragonhunter which loses even more defence, they also have the lowest hp pool in the game and Any viable DH build does not even half 13k dmg rofl.

What u talking? Pure Damage Berserker DH?.. Something with prolly under 10k hp xD. 1 Dodge 1 Swing and u win against that, Like seriously XD Such over-exaggeration on these things and u wonder why nothing happens.

Like honestly, with this level of Excessive QQ, bandwagoning and over-exaggeration is ridiculous DH is no more OP then any other Elite excluding Warriors and Thiefs.

“easiest class in the game” sorry bud but anything mass QQ’d on suddenly becomes the Easiest proffessions, it wasnt that long ago it was Elementalists getting that hate, its hilarious how this Changes.. With ur made up “strats”… given 30-72 Second CDs with 0 Passive Defences and prolly 6k at max True shots unless ur fighting a Berserker, and if so deserve to die tbh.

eh, my pal has mained Guardian for 3 years and he’s getting 13k true shots with his build. I forget what he’s running, but I’ve seen the numbers. it’s got great sustain too, I mean those wings heal for 4k and cure 3 condis and are on a 26sec cd. that’s a second heal right there. then youve got all the blocks, heals, blinds, protection and aegis. my pal plays with 11k HP and he’s rarely down.

guardian is straight up the easiest class to play in the game. it’s well known, and its very noticeable if you’ve played all 9 classes. run medis and rotate blocks while applying instant high damage. it’s the easiest class, and that’s not a bad thing, one class always has to be the easy class.

also, you really expect anyone to take you seriously when you think Guardian can run under 10k HP…

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

(edited by choovanski.5462)

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Guys… guys it is Anet at balance mostly the worst thing they do is game balance…
Anet only know how to increase damage and reduce damage to shift metas… gw2 isnt about balance.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

There is literally no way to -make- Arena net fix warriors and thieves, as there is no way to both provide metric data showing that they need a fix -and- imply with that same data that the game will be forever changed for the worse if they don’t do anything about it. People don’t just stop playing because of this, they just reroll to the stronger classes, and that metric data can easily be seen as overwhelming satisfaction with those classes as opposed to greater dissatisfaction with the others.

And the dev team doesn’t speak on the forums because every other post is either aggressively belittling them or the job they do, possibly.

So. Yeah. Whatever.

Quit and do nothing or stay and do nothing. Kinda bullkitten that the only two classes I am interested in have been reduced to fodder by people that can’t play, but the wheel turns. It’s astounding that classes are either useless or guarantee free kills with Arenanet, but I frankly have no interest in determining how much of that is player bias anymore.

Attachments:

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

(edited by Azure The Heartless.3261)