WHAT WOULD MAKE ME FORGO WVW AND PVP?:

in PvP

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

OPEN WORLD PvP…

How to:
1) Allow players to turn on/off open world PvP. It’s OPTIONAL

Who is affected:
No one. PVE players can still do whatever they do and never be affected or ganked because of some PvP flagged player (note: PvE players can block so as not to listen to them and they the PvP mode button is OPTIONAL – it has an on/off selector)

Option to this:
Designate some servers to be purely open world PvP. Imagine the money rolling in to ANET so ppl can xfer to those servers.

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I’ve wanted something like this since the game was launched years ago. The world the devs have built is amazingly varied and full of interesting places to fight, but I spend all my time in the same wvw and pvp maps though because, while I like the pve maps, I need real opponents.

They’d never do it though because it would conflict with pve events – pvp-flagged players damaging each other with aoe, etc.

Like it or not, the open-world pve game is just a big skill-less zergfest that delivers loot to bad players.

It’s a shame though, ’cause the pve maps would be awesome to pvp in!

in PvP

Posted by: Caius.8094

Caius.8094

I heard another player comment that the DEVs were 1oo% against it and that I should go look for another game. Any suggestions for gw2 esque games with open world pvp as an option?

in PvP

Posted by: GladConcept.4650

GladConcept.4650

Ultima Online. … 15 chars

Spotted Cow

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Ultima Online. … 15 chars

Any other mmo games within the same decade?

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Good luck finding another pvp-toggled player in such a huge world

Bad Elementalist

in PvP

Posted by: Lexander.4579

Lexander.4579

that event in the fields of ruin was great when you could kill players turning into attackable anomalies, so much thrill of the hunt and salt

would be great to have some more events like that one was

Alex Shadowdagger – Thief – Blacktide

in PvP

Posted by: duster.7013

duster.7013

Sorta.

Don’t just do open world pvp normally though, then it would just be thief spam as usual.

Firstly, disallow 24/7 wvw matches (make it like 4-6 times a day), and then do open world objectives like rift does. This means wvw players can be seen zerging on a normal day. Up the guild rewards system, so that guilds will compete for power over a server. So basically pvp would be the games main attraction, like it already is because it’s guild wars.

As for small skirmishes, have an actually good honor/rewards/infamy system. So players that are scaled down 80s bullying new users actually have something to lose for their transgressions, ala honor reward system that gives you exclusive cosmetics/dyes that you can only wear when your honor is very high.

Make extra cosmetics for theifs/mes, so they have extra reward to not just go full cancer, and consider a retreat to be some sort of loss.

Salt is not an important part of open world pvp. It’s about making every little part of the worlds terrain actually important and memorable by forcing it to be used as combat jukes.

(edited by duster.7013)

in PvP

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Salt is not an important part of open world pvp. It’s about making every little part of the worlds terrain actually important and memorable by forcing it to be used as combat jukes.

Exactly this.

I’d leave the implementation up to the devs’ judgement, but I, and many other players, find the PvE maps really dull. There’s just no thrill in killing an ai mob and there’s no feeling of danger in any of the open world maps. Even in HoT where the mobs are more difficult, they’re not exciting like fighting a real person would be.

I know they’ll never do it, and it makes me a bit sad because they’ve built this huge amazing world that gets lonely and boring. Meanwhile, we all pvp and wvw the same maps every week.

in PvP

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

EH, WVW IS OPEN WORLD PVP.

BESIDES, IT WOULD RUIN THE ATMOSPHERE WHEN A BUNCH OF PVP WANNABES START A DUEL IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR OPEN WORLD EVENT.

NO THANKS.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons