WHY dont you Spvp ?

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Israel.7056

Israel.7056

I have run out of things to work towards. I feel like the achievements are paltry and require too much time investment for too small of a return. Ranking up takes forever and is a seriously exhausting grind. Collecting skins is fun but I’m kind of losing interest in that as well.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

My guild is primarily a WvW guild and NONE of the other members will SPVP saying it is not any fun and there are no rewards.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: SuperHaze.4210

SuperHaze.4210

I’ve played since launch not caring about rewards, leaderboards, or ranks. I just wanted to have fun and beat other players. After a year of standing in a circle, I barely log on anymore because I don’t PVE/WvW. I hop on and play a couple of rounds to remind myself how much I hate standing in a circle. I would go back to wow but threw up in my mouth thinking about gear grinding just so that I could play battlegrounds. Give me wow style battlegrounds and I’ll buy everything in the gem store.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

#1 no build diversity. solution: get rid of the amulet system you have in spvp and allow the players to pick and choose what gear they wish to wear just like we have it in WvW.
Benifit of this? the GvG crowd might now be interested in showing up and boosting this games hopes of ever being Esport.

#2 game mode Not game modes since you only have the crap conquest mode with to be honest sucks donkey balls. dont add a king of the hill because its conquest with 1 node.... boring
add DM or a capture the flag mode. the GvG crowd will love the option to have some TDM vs other guilds BUT ONLY if #1 is already in place. without it nothing will work.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

It’s a badly made game.
Every single one of the devs intentions about how GW2 was going to play, flopped.
They wanted it to be a latancy friendly game.
They wanted it to be very counterplay based.
They wanted it to stay away from insta-gibs from burst.
They wanted it to involve teamwork.
They wanted the map to be deep.

Yes the devs are passionate.
No that, tragically, doesn’t mean they are good at being devs.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

I just wanted to get champion hunter. I got it and the momentum was on. But when I watched Sacrx video, it all made sense. All the GW1 hardcores saying that Conquest is not PvP made sense to me.

Devs believe in Conquest so much that it’s almost like fanaticism. To many, it doesn’t work. People have left the game already. And I’m becoming a convert too. Now, everytime i zone solo queue now, all i see are bunker kitten builds that is meant to hold a point, op warrior and thief and kitten. And I get kitten ed. I ask myself if this is PvP. A voice in my head tells me that you need to imagine what my GW1 experience is.

The direction of build making is to make virtually all classes bunkery. Build diversity is sacrificed because of that. Killing or subverting a team is not that vital anymore.

sPvP is being pushed by the 2 Jons. It has its own community but its community is getting stale. WvWvW GvG, while not being supported officially, is very active and is being supported by the community massively. So which is meant to succeed using logic? I agree with Sacrx that people are deliberately siphoning people to play sPvP by implementing WvWvW changes that will not make GvG viable.

I’ve seen that before in GW1. Devs are putting more value in GvG than Tombs while Tombs has more players than GvG. They nerfed every popular FoTMs in Tombs to lessen Tombs population and promote GvG while doing it. It didn’t work. What happened was build diversity got hit and all you see was mirror fight GvGs and Tombs was dead.

So same story, same kitten. Devs never learn. Fanaticism will lead you no where. Go with what the community wants. It’s community effort like Linux/Android that is getting popular. If you get stubborn, it will lead you to kitten.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

So same story, same kitten. Devs never learn. Fanaticism will lead you no where. Go with what the community wants. It’s community effort like Linux/Android that is getting popular. If you get stubborn, it will lead you to kitten.

The community pushed for massive buffs to warrior sustain and burning for necros.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

The community pushed for massive buffs to warrior sustain and burning for necros.

The sPvP community, which is a tiny fraction of GW2 community coz almost no one plays sPvP.

There is a community in your midst called the WvWvW Death match GvG community, which existed because of community support even without the support of the devs.

(edited by alcopaul.2156)

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

1- Being stuck with anet presets (amulets)

2- Look. I want pve stuff in pvp

3- Game mode

4- Maps. All maps but Temple are crap… why? give me something interesting to play in

5- REWARD. I don’t care about yellow numbers so achievements or useless leaderboards isn’t for me. I want to gain stuff that is usable/sellable in pve because when i do pvp i expect rewards to be the kind of rewards that work everywhere and not being glued to spvp.

That is all.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

Spvp has a dull game mode, it’s almost an entirely different game from gw2, and wvw roaming just has more actual pvp.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

1) WvW GvG 3v3 5v5 10v10 all much better then conquest mode.
2) lack of build options (due to limited stats choices via gear)
3) PvP conquest has lower player skill then GvGers I like to fight good players not average or flat out bad.
4) Already climbed PvP leader boards see reason #3

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

1. Lack of different game modes, such as team deathmatch, free-for-all, etc.
2. AFKers in the middle of a match (I seemed to constantly encounter them last time I played)
3. The lack of viable builds.
4. Being unable to change my look to whatever I want from the getgo (I have to unlock the PvP armor to change it).
5. The toxicity you’ll often see in sPvP matches with people insulting each other over nothing.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Mainly unwilling to commit to a game is the main reason on my part.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Well ive just read all the posts and its mainly my reasons seem to impact many other peoples views also … I see the balance dev has posted in the guild wars 2 game discussion tho lol .. ah well

After reading his post im hopeful at least of major changes to Spvp , fingers crossed folks!!!

[WM]give us in game ladder

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Crypt dude there’s so many viable warrior builds now. Almost any weapon combination can have a strong build made around it (even off hand axe).

Furthermore there are still trait set ups the wider community isn’t aware of. I can put them in RK or here if you want.

Phaatonn, London UK

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Crypt dude there’s so many viable warrior builds now. Almost any weapon combination can have a strong build made around it (even off hand axe).

Furthermore there are still trait set ups the wider community isn’t aware of. I can put them in RK or here if you want.

Hey man long time no see , Well as you know i quit spvp and also RK , im still Leader of W machine tho and if spvp improves i shall play again , im just bored of the same game style/build/lack of rewards dude sorry my opinion atm , speak soon

[WM]give us in game ladder

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

• Balance or lack thereof.
  • I just don’t have the stomach for the solo Q I pretty much stopped tournaments after that was implemented.
  • Only one game mode, forcing only a very narrow variety of builds to be viable. It is all about who can fight on point anyway.
  • I like all areas of the game. If I go do spvp I lose out on overall progress. I won’t get any new skins, I won’t get rewarded with money or in any other way for my effort. With the new ascended weapons, there is yet another reason for me not to do spvp. If I ONLY wanted to do spvp that of course wouldn’t matter, but I enjoy other areas of the game as well.
  • A lot of new content released in pve that only remains for around 2 weeks. If I want to see it (and I usually do) then I have to choose what not to do instead. spvp tends to end up high on that list. It’s a shame really as I rather enjoy it, but I only have so much time. Unlike the pve events, I am not really losing out on much by putting spvp on hold.

Balance: that one is a given, no need to elaborate on that.
More game modes: That one is self-explanatory as well.

Solo Q: I would love if there were an option to block people that go afk or leave the match. That block should prevent me from being teamed up with those players again.

I would also love if the system considered classes. As an example, it feels silly to be the one none thief on a team fighting another team with 3 guardians and no thieves.

Character progress: Since some of the pve skins can be used in pvp, I don’t see any reason not to implement a skin that only can be obtained through pvp, but can be used in pve. Either that, or make the same skins available through pvp as well.
Maybe add achievement points for obtaining said skin through pvp?
Add some sort of rewards for spvp. I simply cannot grasp why doing a jumping puzzle for 2 mins should be more rewarding.

I am sure all of this has been mentioned before, and I am sure someone has better suggestions. I just think spvp is somewhat lacking when it comes to rewards.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Thorp.7982

Thorp.7982

I don’t play sPvP because I try to have fun. Same with everyone else I know in the game. WvW has more PvP than sPvP.

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

because the game mode isn’t fun at all.

downed state is bad for PVP

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Zorgog.3908

Zorgog.3908

All I do is sPvP and some things that I’d like are…

1. Rewards/Achievement points
2. More ways to earn gold
3. More game modes
4. More tournament worthy (team que) maps

The “lack” of builds doesn’t bother me because there are viable team comps/builds out there that are great and not considered to be in the meta. It’ll take a popular guild using a non-condi meta in a featured tournament to make this popular though. It doesn’t bother me that there are some builds great for WvW that don’t work in sPvP. It’s the nature of a game that has three over-arching game modes (sPvP, WvW, PvE).

PvP only
Team GASM

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.6245

Archaon.6245

Here you are since you are not going to get an answer as usual

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/To-everyone-on-this-forum/first#post2877816

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

It’s been a long time since I tried it, but last time I did pugging was painful and the areas compared to WvW made me feel bored and claustrophobic.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

WHY dont you Spvp ?

in PvP

Posted by: Super Riceman.8702

Super Riceman.8702

long queue into game that doesn’t have 5 players on both sides
skyhammer lag

There is only one god and its name is nerf. There is only one thing we say to nerf, not today