WTF with engi decapers

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Thangorodrim.2748

Thangorodrim.2748

Seriously , you make a pvp system which is about conquering point and you give to one class the ability to keep you out of the point constantly . No comments .

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

Cover the point with fire and CC them with hammer

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

If they are de-capping you, use the terrain to your advantage (there are spots where you can be knocked back and still stay on point)

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: TrOtskY.5927

TrOtskY.5927

they are ridiculous, let’s be honest, but at least they have like zero damage output. I would say they do need a nerf, the above 2 posts are really tawdry pieces of advice that don’t help at all in the majority of situations.

Outside of extremely heavy burst in conjunction with CC and your own stability, or a coordinated condi gank, you aren’t taking these guys down, and even worse, you are losing the cap. It usually takes at least a couple players to do so, if not more. I agree that they need a slight nerf.

What we REALLY need tho is new gamemodes, point capture just focuses the game towards such a specific meta.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: someone.7485

someone.7485

I do not agree with nerfing this build further (keep in mind accelerant packed turrets is getting a nerf). This would make the build completely useless, thus eliminating a potential strategy during a game. I have played this build a bunch, and it is not effective against many other builds out there 1v1 (usually burst builds).

I have to agree with Susulemon (Totally warrior advice. It should read AOE and CC) and XGhoul on ways to deal with them.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

Hello frands! Vee Wee here, #1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!

If it was meta, then good teams would be using them! But they’re not! Do you want to know why! Because it’s a bad build only useful for trolling bad players in solo Q! No mobility, single stunbreak needs to sacrifice the majority of their CC and protection uptime, no damage, no damage mitigation, can’t fight off point because worthless, extremely, thuper extremely long cooldowns, no stability, no condi removal, etcetcetcetcetc.

Hope that helped! Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Grenix.1576

Grenix.1576

Turret builds are enoying like thiefs, but they do not determine outcome of battle if you know how to battle them. Just learn how to defeat them.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Engis have become the easiest class to play. That says a lot given that hambows are still around.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Thangorodrim.2748

Thangorodrim.2748

Thank you for the advices , but some of you missed the point , maybe i didn’t put it clear . I don’t think they are unbeatable or overpowered in 1vs 1 . I just think that even in the case you finally beat them , they get the point quite easy . That’s the unbalanced thing .

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

Engis have become the easiest class to play. That says a lot given that hambows are still around.

This…

I find it noteworthy that when the game first released, Engineer and Mesmer were the two lowest professions played numerically. Now, they are everywhere, like rabbits only worse as rabbits are at least cute and fluffy.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Klinch.2964

Klinch.2964

The last Ready Up episode addressed Enineer changes. The mentioned that they are decreasing the knock back range of turrets. The devs said they want the turret knock backs to be disruptions, not grand slammers. This should fix most of your complaint.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

they are ridiculous, let’s be honest, but at least they have like zero damage output. I would say they do need a nerf, the above 2 posts are really tawdry pieces of advice that don’t help at all in the majority of situations.

Outside of extremely heavy burst in conjunction with CC and your own stability, or a coordinated condi gank, you aren’t taking these guys down, and even worse, you are losing the cap. It usually takes at least a couple players to do so, if not more. I agree that they need a slight nerf.

What we REALLY need tho is new gamemodes, point capture just focuses the game towards such a specific meta.

This was true before might stacking buff and nonsense celestial amulet rework…now they can also pressure you back while still running pretty tanky, they nerfed auto response (Thanks god at least) but they buffed both their raw and cond damage…you wont see cleric decappers anymore…you just get celestial hybrids trying to kill you while they can still chain knockback + immobilize you out of point…hoelbreak+dogged march is pretty useful vs those rats…not a sure counter to decap but at least you’ll make their work way less cheesy, or just send a condi necro to own them, signet of spite and fears after they used healing turret and they’re pretty much done…if they have one of those braindead things coming at your close 24/7 just leave a necro there and you’ll be fine, warrior can still get them but requires way more time and after you lose the point they actually won already…just keep hardcountering them until they drop those reterded builds

Again…if you want to push out decap engis from meta keep hardcountering them with condi necros, many don’t know how to manage them…the more start running engi’s hardcounters the less you’ll see them trolling around….anet is not gonna do something about this anyway…it’s up to you make them unviable.

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

This…

I find it noteworthy that when the game first released, Engineer and Mesmer were the two lowest professions played numerically. Now, they are everywhere, like rabbits only worse as rabbits are at least cute and fluffy.

Thanks.

Go play a 3kit engi, doesnt matter if condi or power and compare the amount of effort you have to put into it to win fights compared to something like a warrior, thief, necro, ranger or guardian.

(edited by Mayama.1854)

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I kill that healing turret as fast as I can. Thumper and rocket can be problems but thumper has too much hp and rocket is usually in a decent spot if the engi isn’t just afking. If your condI just don’t do it unless your on a class that can properly pressure from range

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Michaeas Magister.1589

Michaeas Magister.1589

I kill that healing turret as fast as I can. Thumper and rocket can be problems but thumper has too much hp and rocket is usually in a decent spot if the engi isn’t just afking. If your condI just don’t do it unless your on a class that can properly pressure from range

Wow, you actually get to target the healing turret? Most Engineers simply drop it then destroy it to keep their nearly unlimited regeneration refreshed every twenty seconds. The only one I can usually destroy is the one from Supply Drop.

You must have some really good reflexes.

Thanks.

It’s as I have always said,
“You can get more results with a kind word and a big stick,
than you can with merely a kind word.”

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

The problem right now is that it is way too easy to play turret engi given the effectiveness. Turret engi needs a big nerf.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Still amazes me how a build with 0 stunbreaks causes so many problems.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

Still amazes me how a build with 0 stunbreaks causes so many problems.

because its hard to cc someone when he cc you forever

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Send a good Ranger or Ele to stop him. They have enough stability to last the fight and drop the engi.

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

WTF with engi decapers

in PvP

Posted by: Archaon.9524

Archaon.9524

Send a good Ranger or Ele to stop him. They have enough stability to last the fight and drop the engi.

d/d ele won’t drop a decent engi in a reasonable time, and staff is gonna be eated alive by any warrior or thief around, ranger just doesn’t work on close, now that spirit it’s nomore shortbow autos ftw rangers are dropping pretty fast 1v1 on point since there are really few good rangers who can actually keep up…all others were just braindead fotm riders who are not carried by their spec anymore…condi necros still best on side point if there’s a no brain decrap engi permatrolling your close 24/7 and cond nec can still be pretty tanky vs fast roaming classes like ele and thief..if they send hambow to kill him you still have time to backup..

Ark 2nd Account

(edited by Archaon.9524)