WTS: We Saw Every Class Except...

in PvP

Posted by: GhandiBot.6257

GhandiBot.6257

In today’s WTS we saw every class with the exception of… warrior. How about you buff warrior a little or tweak rev some more so thieves and warriors can compete more. Revs have been the meta dps/roamer ever since HoT launched since it has superior utilities and traits to any other dps/roamer class. Not trying to bash ANet, but if any other dev team saw that a dps class is always played at top tier and always in the meta, they would tweak it and nerf it a little or buff other classes to compete against it. I’d personally love to see some buffs on power warrior since tons of warrior traits are physical damage oriented.

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You realize they nerfed wars/thieves to the ground at HoT launch to make “room” for revs?

It is a miracle they are playable on first place.

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Posted by: xeonage.1253

xeonage.1253

rev = war + thief.
If you can use the best, no need chose those cripples.

in PvP

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Rev is in a unique place. I think it will be either a must-take or not being taken at all.
It essentially becomes replacement of thief after expansion.

Support oriented class you have engi, ele and ranger.
Dps oriented class you have necro, mesmer, warrior and guardian. Necro has the biggest damage. Mesmer has the best utility. Warrior and guardian are all-arounder with strong sustain and 1v1.

This is probably the most balanced meta after expansion. There is none kittened braindead specs. Even before expansion you have shoutbow warrior and celestial ele that are pretty next-level broken. So I am in general pretty happy with current meta.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in PvP

Posted by: abc.5790

abc.5790

Warriors died a long time ago when they nerfed shouts

[Star] In My Prono
EU Scrub

in PvP

Posted by: LUST.7241

LUST.7241

Honestly, any team that thought of/used a thief should have used a warrior instead…especially since the point of playing a thief was extinguished when the opposing team knew how to counter it.

Thieves, like warriors, are very selective options. In fact, few of their skills need nerfing while more supportive skills need buffing (to make them actually useful to the team as a whole). They are too oriented in solo-playstyles rather than fighting with the team. If you buff both, they will be broken. We already see and seen that happen.

Thing is Revs do what they need to do for the TEAM (they are “supportive” while Thieves/Warriors are not)…so there is no real reason to have Warriors/Thieves that do stuff for themselves (thieves being worse…because at least Warriors have options to be supportive—it just isn’t the “meta” thing to do as those skills are neglected).

If Thieves/Warriors are to be buffed, it should be to make them more viable as supportive options rather than mindless “let me annoy you with some pokes here and there…please don’t run away that just counters my whole plan.”

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Hehehe, it’s funny how you guys come out of the woodwork after you watch the WTS. Really, Warrior is fine. I believe it was some of you here who said Ele is bad because no team is playing it and all of a sudden Eles were being used in every team in this WTS. Wow, I wonder why… cos they certainly weren’t buffed in any of the recent patches.

So if YOU guys are the ones saying Warrior is bad and needs a buff… yea, I wouldn’t believe you even if you gave me a million pounds.

Thieves don’t need buffing, Warriors don’t need buffing. In fact, if you don’t see a Warrior replace Necros in the next WTSs, I’d be very surprised.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

Hehehe, it’s funny how you guys come out of the woodwork after you watch the WTS. Really, Warrior is fine. I believe it was some of you here who said Ele is bad because no team is playing it and all of a sudden Eles were being used in every team in this WTS. Wow, I wonder why… cos they certainly weren’t buffed in any of the recent patches.

So if YOU guys are the ones saying Warrior is bad and needs a buff… yea, I wouldn’t believe you even if you gave me a million pounds.

Thieves don’t need buffing, Warriors don’t need buffing. In fact, if you don’t see a Warrior replace Necros in the next WTSs, I’d be very surprised.

well anet just need to nerf rev , and war and thief will become much more viable .rev is just too good for its damage + mobility + sustain + cc . its like combined s/d thief + hambow .

in PvP

Posted by: akaCryptic.2389

akaCryptic.2389

well anet just need to nerf rev , and war and thief will become much more viable .rev is just too good for its damage + mobility + sustain + cc . its like combined s/d thief + hambow .

Exactly this. The community hate nerfs to their class but buffing others is just an arms race at this point. As a rev main, I’d like to see slight nerfs to sustain (block/evade uptime) and boon duration (f2). Unlike thief and warr, revs have terrible condi cleanse so any huge nerfs would destroy the class alltogether.

in PvP

Posted by: Mr Godlike.6098

Mr Godlike.6098

Ekhem 2/3 teams with ele’s where hard stomped (PZ, ASTRAL….I don’t know what had Never Lucky)

DENIAL used ele only to counter specific combo and players…not because it’s good.

WTS proved that this is the worst season for ele that is on bring of extinction thanks to druid/scrapper duo, nerfs, 0 build variety and no amulets havig both toughness and healing power (ele don’t have hard damage migration and almost every healing skill is garbage without stats).

Was depressed ele…now depressed druid
Kawaleria (KW)

(edited by Mr Godlike.6098)

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Ekhem 2/3 teams with ele’s where hard stomped (PZ, ASTRAL….I don’t know what had Never Lucky)

DENIAL used ele only to counter specific combo and players…not because it’s good.

WTS proved that this is the worst season for ele that is on bring of extinction thanks to druid/scrapper duo, nerfs, 0 build variety and no amulets havig both toughness and healing power (ele don’t have hard damage migration and almost every healing skill is garbage without stats).

Yeap bring that Scrapper. The one that is only useful when people go down. Do you not realize that a class that is only useful when other players go down is not one to be favoured? If Denial favoured the scrapper, do you think they’d be able to pull off such crazy heals for Helseth with Scrapper? Please, go and watch the match again and see how in-built Denshee is to the team. If not for Denshee and Rom, Denial would have been dead several times to Rank 55 considering how many times they downed Drazeh.

Ele doesn’t need hard damage to be a force in the team fights. If you can keep yourself and your teammates alive. Timing stuns and reflects at the right time (which Denshee did in SPADES) then no, he doesn’t need to do hard damage.

in PvP

LUST.7241

Denial would have won the same if they had a seasoned Engi. Easily.

Ele and Engi are very similar in what they can do supportively for the team. There are ways Engi is better and there are ways Ele is better. Denial is the better team because they have more practice playing with what an Ele can do.

R55 showed that Scrapper works…unfortunately their team (and others using Engi over Ele) aren’t practiced around having an Engi on the team as support. This hurts those teams hard.

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Ele and Engi are very similar in what they can do supportively for the team. There are ways Engi is better and there are ways Ele is better. Denial is the better team because they have more practice playing with what an Ele can do.

R55 showed that Scrapper works…unfortunately their team (and others using Engi over Ele) aren’t practiced around having an Engi on the team as support. This hurts those teams hard.

Really? A team like Rank 55? Zan the man who has played Engie probably since launch is somehow less practiced than Denial? Are you sure you’re speaking with sincerity here?

I know why Rank 55 lost and it wasn’t because they were using Engie. I know that for a fact but for you to think that Rank 55 is less practiced than Denial, that’s just laughable mate.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

Really? A team like Rank 55? Zan the man who has played Engie probably since launch is somehow less practiced than Denial? Are you sure you speaking with sincerity here?

I know why Rank 55 lost and it wasn’t because they were using Engie. I know that for a fact but for you to think that Rank 55 is less practiced than Denial, that’s just laughable mate.

Did you even watch the tournament?

Denshee was dead the second he was left alone and used obby flesh, he was basically in group 24/7, expecting the same level of cover in soloq or everyday pvp..it’s pure lunacy

To say that Denial won because they had an ele…it’s madness…the first match was between Vermillion(no ele) and TeamPZ(Zoose as ele), guess who won?..ha yes yes..Vermillion.

Denial won because they’re good player and best team atm…not because thy have an ele…xd

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Really? A team like Rank 55? Zan the man who has played Engie probably since launch is somehow less practiced than Denial? Are you sure you speaking with sincerity here?

Denshee was dead the second he was left alone and used obby flesh, he was basically in group 24/7, expecting the same level of cover in soloq or everyday pvp..it’s pure lunacy

To say that Denial won because they had an ele…it’s madness…the first match was between Vermillion(no ele) and TeamPZ(Zoose as ele), guess who won?..ha yes yes..Vermillion.

Denial won because they’re good player and best team atm…not because thy have an ele…xd

In my post you quoted, did the words “Denial won because they had an Ele” appear? Are you not just making assumptions? All I said was, Denial didn’t win because they practiced more. And I didn’t say the reason why they won. If you think I was implying that they won because they had an Ele then you would be wrong.

Also, my general point is, Ele is strong in team fights therefore, it is a better choice to go with Ele than Engie. This is because it is more risky to try saving someone when they go down, than to just heal them up so that they DON’T go down at all.

(edited by Dirame.8521)

in PvP

Posted by: Erzian.5218

Erzian.5218

There is a class with comparable single target damage on a superior damage type (power), less telegraphed skills, better cleave, better mobility, better defensive tools and better team support in the form of boons. I am not surprised that nobody used warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: Supreme.3164

Supreme.3164

In my post you quoted, did the words “Denial won because they had an Ele” appear? Are you not just making assumptions? All I said was, Denial didn’t win because they practiced more. And I didn’t say the reason why they won. If you think I was implying that they won because they had an Ele then you would be wrong.

Also, my general point is, Ele is strong in team fights therefore, it is a better choice to go with Ele than Engie. This is because it is more risky to try saving someone when they go down, than to just heal them up so that they DON’T go down at all.

Ele is strong in teamfight……….did you even see the build Denshee was running?
The bro had no stunbreakers outside the 5s wait overload that can be easily interrupted anyway.

Denial was playing very aggressively and so the ele was never forced in a typical team fight like the ones in soloq where you die instantly once your obby flesh expire.

Go watch Vermillion vs TeamPZ and see how strong ele is in teamfights and we’re talking about ESL, as it stands now if you go soloq you’ll meet 2-3 DH on a point and you’re in a team that will force feed the DH…..and all your support is melee range

Ele strong in teamfights?….the class now is just a healbot with no dmg or hard dmg mitigation, anything outside coordinated esl teams will melt instantly in the soloq chaos

Maybe you didn’t get the memo, majority of people here hate to play healbot, it’s boring AF and it’s overly dependent on having above average teammates to accomplish anything, something not really feasible for your average soloq

(edited by Supreme.3164)

in PvP

LUST.7241

Really? A team like Rank 55? Zan the man who has played Engie probably since launch is somehow less practiced than Denial? Are you sure you’re speaking with sincerity here?

Did you read what I even wrote? There is nothing wrong with them individually (I never questioned their individual abilities). As a team there was. That’s what I was getting at.

Denial is a better TEAM and that’s how they dominated and proved it.

Fact is: Throwing together the best individual players of a class on a team together isn’t going to make them a great TEAM. They need to practice and Denial clearly had more of that.

(edited by LUST.7241)

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

I guess Sindrener specifically saying that ele comps are better than engi comps was bs then

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Did you read what I even wrote? There is nothing wrong with them individually (I never questioned their individual abilities). As a team there was. That’s what I was getting at.

Fact is: Throwing together the best individual players of a class on a team together isn’t going to make them a great TEAM. They need to practice and Denial clearly had more of that.

I would actually say that 55 has more team experience than Denial, but Denial had way more confidence and their comp kinda countered engi rezz, making 55 work harder to pull out and that gave them the upper hand. I dont think Denial is better than 55 tho.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Krysard.1364

Ele is strong in teamfight……….did you even see the build Denshee was running?
The bro had no stunbreakers outside the 5s wait overload that can be easily interrupted anyway.

Denial was playing very aggressively and so the ele was never forced in a typical team fight like the ones in soloq where you die instantly once your obby flesh expire.

Go watch Vermillion vs TeamPZ and see how strong ele is in teamfights and we’re talking about ESL, as it stands now if you go soloq you’ll meet 2-3 DH on a point and you’re in a team that will force feed the DH…..and all your support is melee range

Ele strong in teamfights?….the class now is just a healbot with no dmg or hard dmg mitigation, anything outside coordinated esl teams will melt instantly in the soloq chaos

Maybe you didn’t get the memo, majority of people here hate to play healbot, it’s boring AF and it’s overly dependent on having above average teammates to accomplish anything, something not really feasible for your average soloq

Ele is as bad as necro then, as both of them have a clear role and suck balls when left alone
Smth being strong in teamfights/ big skirmishes in a team based game isnt bad at all.

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Anet needs to be very careful how they decide to buff thf, war and guard to make them desirable for esl level pvp and ele for every other form of pvp. With ele, they are clearly still superior team support in esl level, but ele needs a spec for lower tiers of pvp that doesn’t buff the support ele that exists in esl.

Obviously i think the future is in anet creating alternative specs that don’t buff other specs. For example, finding a way to make dps ele more sustainable without giving sustain to bunker ele. Anet needs to buff ele in such a way that an ele has to take arcana, fire and tempest in order to make a viable dps role, because if you let them take earth and water, we’re back to immortal bunker meta again. That is, buffing ele in such a way that the sustain upgrade for dps ele only works if you take arcana and fire, and not earth and water.

in PvP

Posted by: Skittledness.5106

Skittledness.5106

Engi is really bad not because it’s Rez is bad it’s bad because well of corruption instantly fears the gyro and the engi off the Rez and you can’t get the Rez without distortion or committing really hard(which could get you wiped)
So ele is wayyyy better because it fills the support role wayyy better than engi can now.The only reason why vermillion and r55 ran one was really because zan/argi both didn’t have time to learn anything else.

Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeffies Jeffie

in PvP

Dirame.8521

And I’m telling you that it is my opinion, that you are wrong. Denial and Rank 55 are both good TEAMS. It all came down to the decisions that were made in the middle of the fights. You can argue that Denial is a better team “officially” because they won, but really, Rank 55 matches them in know-how and coordination.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

And I’m telling you that it is my opinion, that you are wrong. Denial and Rank 55 are both good TEAMS. It all came down to the decisions that were made in the middle of the fights. You can argue that Denial is a better team “officially” because they won, but really, Rank 55 matches them in know-how and coordination.

Im sorry but if you guys ever played a active sport, all that matters is the win.

One of the best line ever is “you play to win the game” losing magnificently or winning dominantly doesnt really matter.

TCG (ED) is the best team with the best players in the game. Cant take that away from them with the history of there players and the amount of wins they have. Your like teh guy trying to say other players are better then Bill Russel just because you like them better or they put of better stats.

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

To the topic thread,

Warrior, thief and DH are still in terrible spots for ESL/Pro league PvP.

They are literally 3-4 best at everything. Think about Tarcis in qualifier, probably the best warrior in the game and lost a 1 vs 1 to phanta on druid but had one of the best 1 vs 1 moments against Never Lucky.

Same thing for kitten and toker. Literally there is no area they can excel in because outside of a key few moments. They are actually hurting there team for 10 minutes out of a 12-13 minute match.

in PvP

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet needs to be very careful how they decide to buff thf, war and guard to make them desirable for esl level pvp and ele for every other form of pvp.

Oh you know they wont. Warrior self healing is still OP as kitten and makes it one of the best 1v1 classes in WvW – you better believe Anet gonna buff it for PvP and wreck it even more in WvW.

Its inevitable.

in PvP

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Every Thief in wts should have been a warrior instead. I’m not a fan of Mesmers myself.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in PvP

Dirame.8521

Im sorry but if you guys ever played a active sport, all that matters is the win.

One of the best line ever is “you play to win the game” losing magnificently or winning dominantly doesnt really matter.

TCG (ED) is the best team with the best players in the game. Cant take that away from them with the history of there players and the amount of wins they have. Your like teh guy trying to say other players are better then Bill Russel just because you like them better or they put of better stats.

Oh my goodness. Here we go again with people making assumptions. I am just stating what I see. If you think I like Denial over Rank 55 or Rank 55 over Denial, you would be wrong either way. Rank 55 matches Denial in skill level and proficiency at the game. Just look at who got top seed in EU in the first place!!!!! Was it not Rank 55? Did they not beat Denial for the top seed???? Just because Denial won doesn’t mean they are necessarily better than R55 overall, it just means they were better THIS TIME. And you’ll see this in the next few match-ups where they go head to head.