Waiting for Q pop is so boring...

in PvP

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

The map chat can be quite entertaining if you engage them with a wise remark like “when they gonna nerf these op rangers?” or “why isn’t the stealth mechanic removed already?”.

in PvP

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

This is literally the biggest problem with pvp right now. Anet Plz fix

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in PvP

Posted by: dDuff.3860

dDuff.3860

I wish we could attract dev’s attention here…

Faeleth

in PvP

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Maybe play another game while waiting?
A good turn based strategy sounds fun

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in PvP

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

I wish we could attract dev’s attention here…

this topic has been brought up and responded to numerous times in other threads.

basically its “we’ll see what happens”

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Pollution.8703

Pollution.8703

Totally agree with this. I used to do world exploration while waiting for a queue pop but now I just have to sit in the mists. I would like it to be reverted to how it used to be.

in PvP

Posted by: ArrDee.2573

ArrDee.2573

I can think of bigger problems!

• Boring, bad game mode!
  • 6 months between patches!
  • No pause feature!
  • Trying to be esports when not esports!
  • No real leaderboards!
  • Tiny population!
  • Bad matchmaking!
  • No competitive scene at all!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis <-It’s back!

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

• Boring, bad game mode!
  • No pause feature!
  • No real leaderboards!
  • Tiny population!
  • Bad matchmaking!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

And yet, I’d argue that the queue problem will lead to less people playing (I don’t think many people are willing to wait 5-10+ mins for a pvp match, unless already really into pvp). Then we have less competitive scene, worse matchmaking, lower population, less ‘esports’, and so on.

But who am I to talk, I don’t have the internal “figures” to study and make these ridiculous changes like the ArenaNet clowns do.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

oneply.9586

just to say LoL is probably the biggest esports, probably averages around 5-10 minute queues. and there is not any more to do while waiting for that then there is for GW2. so i dont really think queue times are what is lower community. in the grand scheme it is a minor thing.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

just to say LoL is probably the biggest esports, probably averages around 5-10 minute queues. and there is not any more to do while waiting for that then there is for GW2. so i dont really think queue times are what is lower community. in the grand scheme it is a minor thing.

Hm. No, no it doesn’t.

LoL queue time is from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, it is very rare to go over 2 mins. Unless you count champion select, which does take it time for a good reason.

Fun fact, I am currently writing this as I am in champ select, I’m 5th pick, WW, Blitz, Tris so far here, enemy is Kassa, Lee, Annie, Soraka… well, my turn.

Edit:
I went with Sona.

(edited by Bubi.7942)

in PvP

oneply.9586

Hm. No, no it doesn’t.

LoL queue time is from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, it is very rare to go over 2 mins. Unless you count champion select, which does take it time for a good reason.

Fun fact, I am currently writing this as I am in champ select, I’m 5th pick, WW, Blitz, Tris so far here, enemy is Kassa, Lee, Annie, Soraka… well, my turn.

Edit:
I went with Sona.

i regularly get 5 min queues in leagues and im no where near champ tier.
and its not cause it doesnt pop in that time its cause you always have the one jag who doesnt accept. over and over and over again.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Haha, yeah, that’s true, that happens a lot

in PvP

oneply.9586

Haha, yeah, that’s true, that happens a lot

this meme always comes to mind, and its been happening alot lately in this game too. we had like a 15min q last nigh cause 4 times in a row someone didnt accept….RAWRRRRRRRR
haha

Attachments:

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in PvP

Posted by: Cyanon.1928

Cyanon.1928

Totally agree with OP. Let us make something else while waiting please………… standing in the mist waiting for next game makes me feel bored, tired and wasting my time….

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

…b-but… e-sports… ;(

Leman

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I don’t know if someone has touched on this already or not, but it’s a huge issue that people who watch streams usually leave when the streamer sits in queue for 10 minutes while not being able to do anything.
Not good for eSports.:(

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

• Boring, bad game mode!
  • No pause feature!
  • No real leaderboards!
  • Tiny population!
  • Bad matchmaking!

Wahoo! Bye frands!

Add to it:

• Trolls leaving skyhammer!

in PvP

Posted by: Mister Stygian.2135

Mister Stygian.2135

Played three matches tonight around reset, one was a 4 vs 5 and another 4 vs 4. Is there any excuse to making us sit in heart of mist if matches are still coming up short? Bring back old queue system please and just fill in a match with next person that solo queues. If they join too late to make a difference, they still get a fast start and 500 rank points…and they don’t have to sit in heart of mist being bored to death.

IMO, every change that was made with last update except map voting, has made the experience worse for casual and new pvp players.

in PvP

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Half the streams of GW2 PvP are of players playing other games…

Is that really the impression you want to give about GW2?

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in PvP

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

I agree, this is killing my desire to do ranked pvp.

This + useless leaderboard.

in PvP

Posted by: Mighty Assasin.3816

Mighty Assasin.3816

Yeah, if we could just join hotjoins/duel arenas would be awesome.
and I agree with the guy above me the leaderboard is uselss and noone wants to go to extrenal sites to check leaderboards except for the people who are on them. (rather off topic)

Lite
The Prestige [pTg]
Twitch.tv/Lite_lite

in PvP

Posted by: docfirestein.2071

docfirestein.2071

Really wish we at least had a mystic forge and crafting tables…

+1!!!

Having the ability to craft with all the materials that I get with from breaking down chest items would be nice!

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

in PvP

Posted by: Acandis.3250

Acandis.3250

I’d like to keep this discussion alive.

It’s a very serious issue especially now that the game is getting more exposure.

Sitting in queue for 10+ minutes not being able to do anything but hit golemns is not only boring, it’s driving people from doing PvP.

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

i tried to watch some twitch streams, but i just constantly had to flip around because its just too boring watching someone sit there waiting to play.

i think one guy was even playing that Wow card game he was so bored waiting.

in PvP

Posted by: Celtus.8456

Celtus.8456

I’d like to keep this discussion alive.

It’s a very serious issue especially now that the game is getting more exposure.

Sitting in queue for 10+ minutes not being able to do anything but hit golemns is not only boring, it’s driving people from doing PvP.

We might be witnessing a big growth of Gw2 popularity (like WoW at BC or WotLK era). Too bad the devs decided to plunge sPvP back into beta in December. Serious revisions are needed, the sooner the better.

Also: I recommend all Gw2 devs watch the streams of some of these popular twitch players as they try Gw2. You can learn alot from their initial reactions and struggles and use that to make improvements.

Josre
Zulu Ox Tactics [zulu]

in PvP

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

I would rather risk missing my queue pop because of a cinematic or long loading screen and have to queue for another 8 minutes than to just sit around in the Mists doing nothing but waiting for that queue to pop. That is because waiting for 8 minutes doing nothing is worse than doing something for 16 minutes. Just warn new players with this message (or something similar) upon queuing:

“Queuing for sPvP will place you into a queue system. Once you have a spot ready to compete you will be forced into the arena upon acceptance of the queue or you will have to queue again. When the match is over you will be returned but any progress made in an instance will be reset.”

[ ]: Check the box to NEVER SEE THIS MESSAGE AGAIN.

This last part is key. It would drive me nuts If I had to queue and “X” out of this message EVERY TIME that I queued.

The point of forcing people to stay in the mists from Anet’s design perspective is that if people are doing PvE events and actual activities, that will give people the motive to reject the queue. There was no rejecting the queue before, which was overall an improvement to reduce AFK people getting forced in.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I don’t fully support Arenanet’s philosophy on staying in the mists..

I would think the system can simply pull a replacement for people who do reject the queue, or are AFK, like it currently does, but who knows?

They specifically said that they don’t have out if Mists queueing is because if the load times. People would be dropped from the queue if they were to try and load the map. It doesn’t have to do with people rejecting the queue while pveing.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in PvP

Posted by: Mooncow.6847

Mooncow.6847

This is the biggest problem with pvp right now IMO and I know I’m not alone on this. The only thing you can do while queuing is to do something else on your computer. Furthermore if you have to pee or get a bite to eat there’s a good chance you could miss the que that you have been waiting 10 minutes for!

in PvP

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

This is the biggest problem with pvp right now IMO and I know I’m not alone on this. The only thing you can do while queuing is to do something else on your computer. Furthermore if you have to pee or get a bite to eat there’s a good chance you could miss the que that you have been waiting 10 minutes for!

hotjoin! no queue, just pvp

in PvP

Posted by: Cynda Quil.3520

Cynda Quil.3520

Half the streams of GW2 PvP are of players playing other games…

Is that really the impression you want to give about GW2?

Seriously, I also know a few streamers that completely stopped streaming all together because 10+ min with nothing but afk in the mists. Pls at least let us join custom arenas or something. Personally I am queing a lot less because we cannot do anything while waiting. I agree with the OP, idm long que times, but i do mind being stuck to do nothing while waiting also bump also #SaveTheGolems

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

Please kitten let us queue whilst we are in hotjoin at least then we can duel.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Rickster.8752

Rickster.8752

I would rather risk missing my queue pop because of a cinematic or long loading screen and have to queue for another 8 minutes than to just sit around in the Mists doing nothing but waiting for that queue to pop. That is because waiting for 8 minutes doing nothing is worse than doing something for 16 minutes. Just warn new players with this message (or something similar) upon queuing:

“Queuing for sPvP will place you into a queue system. Once you have a spot ready to compete you will be forced into the arena upon acceptance of the queue or you will have to queue again. When the match is over you will be returned but any progress made in an instance will be reset.”

[ ]: Check the box to NEVER SEE THIS MESSAGE AGAIN.

This last part is key. It would drive me nuts If I had to queue and “X” out of this message EVERY TIME that I queued.

The point of forcing people to stay in the mists from Anet’s design perspective is that if people are doing PvE events and actual activities, that will give people the motive to reject the queue. There was no rejecting the queue before, which was overall an improvement to reduce AFK people getting forced in.

Don’t shoot the messenger, I don’t fully support Arenanet’s philosophy on staying in the mists..

I would think the system can simply pull a replacement for people who do reject the queue, or are AFK, like it currently does, but who knows?

All the reasons can be resolved with a robust dishonor system.

Official winner of solo queue MMR leaderboards – EU

in PvP

Posted by: Zirith.6429

Zirith.6429

they set the alert sound to broadcast even if you have game sound muted while alt tabbed, why are all of you staring at your screen when you can be doing so many other things while alt tabbed

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

I just wanna roam in wvw or do map completion while I wait. ;_;

in PvP

Posted by: Zerothousand.3089

Zerothousand.3089

they set the alert sound to broadcast even if you have game sound muted while alt tabbed, why are all of you staring at your screen when you can be doing so many other things while alt tabbed

Because we are playing guild wars 2, not tab wars 2. If a game makes it to where you have to look elsewhere for entertainment, then its doing something wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Bitty.1409

Bitty.1409

How hard would it be to implement something. It’s been a month since this topic has been posted I can’t believe Anet STILL has no update on this… It’s a serious problem with to me seems to be a rather easy solution. The only reason that i’ve seen for not allowing us to leave HOTM is because sometimes load times are longer than the time it gives you to accept the queue. First off, to me that sounds like a really weak excuse to find a solution, and if that’s really the case then only allow people to map during the first minute of entering the queue? The average wait time as we know is probably between 4-8 minutes so whats wrong with allowing a small threshold where people can actually do something? Of course my solution probably has flaws but this isn’t my job, I just cant imagine there isn’t a team that works on these small quality of life issues. There are soo many small issues such as this in the game that I can’t imagine being that hard of a change to make. Some of them have been in the game for years, it drives me mad. Just an update giving us a legitimate reason why this is such a complicated issue, or why you are ignoring it would ease a lot of GW2 players anger. RANTS OVER

Team Spoookie – Shnicky

in PvP

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Why can’t we play hotjoin while in queue?

Approximately 0% of players will continue a hotjoin in place of accepting a queue pop, so it wouldn’t affect unranked/ranked attendance. As for hotjoin attendance…does it really matter if there is a leaver in hotjoin? They could (and often do) leave anyways, whether or not for arenas.

As it is currently, the only option we have while queuing is to alt-tab out of the game and do something else. We’re being encouraged to not play the game. Is that the message that ArenaNet wants to send out?

in PvP

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

They should bring in the mini-games they were planning before launch and set them up in the HotM lobby so people can play in the arcade while they wait for queue!

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

Why can’t they just add 15 seconds to the timer of accepting queue (to account for loading screens etc) and shave those extra 15 seconds off the “waiting for players” section of the match?