Waiting for the pvp to start

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

So i don’t know exactly how much time has passed since gw2 has released but i think it’s about time for something good regarding the pvp.
Don’t get me wrong, capturing points was fun and all the first few months and i am sure lots of ppl still enjoy it, but let’s be fair, capture the point is not pvp. I don’t even care that the classes aren’t balanced and pvp is not rewarding or w/e. I just want some good old fashioned pvp. I want to have a team and go kill the other team. As simple as that. Or if you rly feel the need to complicate it blue lord / red lord last lord standing wins the game. I would love for this capture the point crap to pass so we can get serious about pvp and maybe eventually become an esport.

in PvP

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

/signed

•Message Body length must at least be 15.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in PvP

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Would love to see some sort of Blue/Red lord map with a timing mechanic!

in PvP

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

We all think it’s about time for that to happen, but unfortunately Arenanet is filled with a bunch of people who have enough pride to drown out the pleas of the players and ignore them while believing their overly tryhard methods of being somehow “unique” (while copying quake based maps, apparently, coughskyhammercough) is the way to go, rather than listening to what the consumers want.

Face it, this game’s PvP portion was sold on hype, lies and nothing more. Think of how sPvP in their “PvP oriented game” was in alpha state at launch, and now feels more close to beta stage. How does that make any sense? Oh … that makes sense because it isn’t a PvP oriented game, it’s actually a PvE oriented game as there are weekly / bi-weekly updates for PvE but nothing similar of the same kind of love for PvP.

Look at how much more content there is for PvE and then how even more content is added to PvE including an evolving story, minigames, and whatnot else they pump out in attempts to make profit.

Their actions by now should have proven to many (and probably did, look at the PvP community and how small it’s become compared to launch) that they don’t actually care for PvP much they way they preach about it as if they were really intent on doing their best with it.

Just think about it while you ask yourself why do PvP updates come in at such a slow pace compared to PvE if this is a PvP oriented game?

(edited by Jesiah.2457)

in PvP

Posted by: Laserbolt.6731

Laserbolt.6731

It’s called hotjoin. Have fun deathmatching.

Scrapper: “Frank from Research”

in PvP

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

GW1 pvp, with priest to res everyone. Kill the enemy priest.

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows

in PvP

Posted by: Sephius.2876

Sephius.2876

Couldn’t agree more. Death match is needed to revitalize my love for this games PVP.

A simple map with a simple goal, to prove who are the better combatants. No gimmicks (death rays/cannons/ect).

in PvP

Posted by: hharry.1967

hharry.1967

I think more than 90% of the people around the forums is asking for the same thing, but devs still think conquest is the way to go, maybe it is too hard at this stage of the game and they dont have enough people in pvp, like seriously theres a new map around every 3 months, all that work for just ONE map.

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

i just hope they move on from this capture the point stuff faster, i would like to play gw2 but in it’s current state i do not find it enjoyable. Tera’s pvp is much more entertaining and more skill based but i do like the absence of the trinity in gw2 so this is why i am sticking around…. but not much longer

in PvP

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Please give us a DeathMatch Mode soon. I want to win off my ability to fight as opposed to my ability to sneak onto a point or use secondary objectives to win.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in PvP

Posted by: Littlefeather.8623

Littlefeather.8623

Exactly, why cant we have a ladder with actual skilled PvP players instead of player who are good at capping points? Dont get me wrong it takes a little strategy to win in TPvP, but its not real PvP skill.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Please give us a DeathMatch Mode soon. I want to win off my ability to fight as opposed to my ability to sneak onto a point or use secondary objectives to win.

Then the game becomes zerg vs zerg is that really more skilled? I am not sure.

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I’d love to see deathmatch implemented. I’d love to see it just because of the QQ on the forums a bit after the implementation.

Deathmatch, even more with gw2’s combat system, would get stale very soon.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Then the game becomes zerg vs zerg is that really more skilled? I am not sure.

Depends on how they implement it.

in PvP

butch.8136

^Whats there to implement? You said you don’t want node capture nor secondary objectives. So it’s just our team kills your team.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

^Whats there to implement? You said you don’t want node capture nor secondary objectives. So it’s just our team kills your team.

Never said I didn’t want them, just I didn’t want it to determine my ability to win over actual combat o_o.

in PvP

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

I’d love to see deathmatch implemented. I’d love to see it just because of the QQ on the forums a bit after the implementation.

Exactly. Deathmatch isn’t the answer. Maybe capture the flag. I don’t see 2 teams fighting to kill a guild lord working in GW2 either, since it would probably just result in thieves perma-stealthing and bursting down the lord or some other gimmick.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

Stale? You mean actual PvP, as in who can beat who 1v1? by all means sir, it would be the exact opposite.

Its fun to see small man teams in WvW roaming, and fun to play against 2-3 well coordinated players who compliment eachother at what they do, without being independant.

But that sir is not real PvP. Any one who can not rely soley on theirself is basically, not a skills PvPer’. My build is 1v1, so I roam solo sometimes in WvW or TPvP. I know some people are not built that way, and some can not play that way. But real PvP is about being able to get the W in a 1v1 without the help of your team mates. This is what defines real PvP’ers.

Current system is not focused on real PvP, current system tailors to people who cant 1v1, its kind of dummed down to be quet honest.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

butch.8136

Never said I didn’t want them, just I didn’t want it to determine my ability to win over actual combat o_o.

K, maybe I didn’t understand it then. But if it isn’t there to determine the outcame of the match, it becomes obsolete, no?

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

K, maybe I didn’t understand it then. But if it isn’t there to determine the outcame of the match, it becomes obsolete, no?

Well, for instance, the pve mob in Forest of Niflhel is a good secondary objective. It won’t determine the match but it’ll give you a slight edge. Other than that, winning actual fights matter. I guess I could do some brainstorming tonight but I just want something that will force players to fight instead of relying on keeping points capped. But some other objectives such as the treb and/or canon which provides more than a slight advantage is not very good in my opinion. It gives the other team too much of an advantage. and even if you can win it for the canon it can be easily won back by cc heavy classes and for the treb mesmers can insta repair using portal. You worry less about fights and more about securing secondary objectives which kind of obscures the pvp view of the game.

(edited by ArcTheFallen.7682)

in PvP

Achilles.2197

Stale? You mean actual PvP, as in who can beat who 1v1? by all means sir, it would be the exact opposite.

Its fun to see small man teams in WvW roaming, and fun to play against 2-3 well coordinated players who compliment eachother at what they do, without being independant.

But that sir is not real PvP. Any one who can not rely soley on theirself is basically, not a skills PvPer’. My build is 1v1, so I roam solo sometimes in WvW or TPvP. I know some people are not built that way, and some can not play that way. But real PvP is about being able to get the W in a 1v1 without the help of your team mates. This is what defines real PvP’ers.

Current system is not focused on real PvP, current system tailors to people who cant 1v1, its kind of dummed down to be quet honest.

Please direct me to a successful game where it’s PvP is 1v1 oriented. Starcraft/LoL/DotA/GW1/WoW… they are all team based. For a reason. Are you saying those people are not true PvP’ers because they play with teams..?

in PvP

butch.8136

You want dueling? K, we could ask Anet to implement that. You want to be on the same playing field? Find another game. GW2 has different classes, RNG (crits/skills), different builds, etc.

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Please direct me to a successful game where it’s PvP is 1v1 oriented. Starcraft/LoL/DotA/GW1/WoW… they are all team based. For a reason. Are you saying those people are not true PvP’ers because they play with teams..?

Wait, Starcraft isn’t team based :O. They have teams but it’s still 1v1 (just an FYI).

in PvP

Littlefeather.8623

Are you saying real PvP is relying on other people to help you kill other people? Or are you saying you cant kill one other person by yourself? Or are you comparing other games to this one to change the impact of my statement?

All im saying is, coming from a MMO gaming experience which spans for 11 years now and Arcade/Console fighting gaming experience of about 6 years. Why cant there be a match where I can fight some one by theirself by myself? That is what I consider real PvP.

Crazy Leg

in PvP

Achilles.2197

Wait, Starcraft isn’t team based :O. They have teams but it’s still 1v1 (just an FYI).

Starcraft has 1v1. But it also has 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4

in PvP

ArcTheFallen.7682

Starcraft has 1v1. But it also has 2v2 / 3v3 / 4v4

I am aware, but working with some pro starcraft 2 players. You can’t really be competitive in more than 1v1. Maybe 2v2 is okay. But I guess you just meant pvp in general so nvm.

in PvP

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

I think most of us have realized that gw2 can’t ever have good deathmatch-style pvp that is anything more than 1-2 players per team. Support is non existent. It’s not even possible to have a cc-based character to help your team get kills or defend them. The #1 rule of gw2 is dps and #2 is bunkering. Any pvp they make in future will necessarily be heavily objective-based, with teamfight always taking a backseat.

What pvp styles fit gw2 gameplay:
1v1
2v2
cap points or other objective
wvw

teamfight and counterplay are not possible

in PvP

Achilles.2197

Are you saying real PvP is relying on other people to help you kill other people? Or are you saying you cant kill one other person by yourself? Or are you comparing other games to this one to change the impact of my statement?

All im saying is, coming from a MMO gaming experience which spans for 11 years now and Arcade/Console fighting gaming experience of about 6 years. Why cant there be a match where I can fight some one by theirself by myself? That is what I consider real PvP.

Because that is a very narrow and limited point of view of PvP. Those games already exist, go play Mortal Kombat.

MMO PvP is about coordination and teamplay. GW2’s visions of being an E-Sport will never happen with 1v1.

It simply won’t.

Also, look at the most popular esport out right now (League of Legends). Support champions can not solo carries or bruisers. (I’d be willing to watch a Soraka take down a Darius or Aatrox). However, they have a very powerful place in the meta and people like to watch how those matches play out. It still takes a lot of skill to play a support role correctly and just as much skill to coordinate with a team, if not more.