Want new sPvP players?

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Execrable.1064

Execrable.1064

Don’t allow team swapping in hot joins. I thought that learning the ropes was part of the hot join scene. I tried to get back into the swing of things today by getting in on some hot joins to remember animations, objectives and how to play my class better. This isn’t really feasible due to the premade glory farming teams that appear to be prevalent in hot joins now. Please don’t allow people to join whichever side they wish. Make the engine determine which team people get to play on. Now to try solo queue and see if it’s being gamed just as badly as hotjoin…

80s – elementalist, engineer, guardian, mesmer, necromancer

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I’m not sure I have ever seen a premade trying to farm glory in a hotjoin. What would the point even be? You don’t need a team to farm hotjoins.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

I’m not sure I have ever seen a premade trying to farm glory in a hotjoin. What would the point even be? You don’t need a team to farm hotjoins.

Team stacking is very common in hotjoin. I personally see it every day when I log in during peak hours.

You will often see all of the high-ranked players (glory rank > 30) swap to the same team to farm the new players (glory rank < 15). It’s not uncommon to see individual glory scores of 300+ in the stacked games (from farming the spawn point).

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

I can’t get it. Why anyone will farm for useless blue vases?

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: kito.1827

kito.1827

because of the numbers dude – the numbers!!

they make your e-fallus grow

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory
“Tranquility has a beard.”

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eyia Hellhide.7320

Eh oh
So basically the idea is: you invite a girl in your flat, then show her your huge amount of glory and boom! Instant sex.

The night is dark and full of turnips.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

Honestly, now that custom arenas exist, they just need to get rid of hotjoin entirely and add unrated queue. Hotjoin is a terrible first experience for new spvp players that doesn’t teach you how to properly play Conquest, and with how teams are stacked its worse than a freshman frat initiation to spvp. It’s like, welcome to pvp, heres a kick in the nuts to get you started! Just have unrated queue for people to learn how to play or to try new builds, and lose the hotzerg.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

kito.1827

Honestly, now that custom arenas exist, they just need to get rid of hotjoin entirely and add unrated queue. Hotjoin is a terrible first experience for new spvp players that doesn’t teach you how to properly play Conquest, and with how teams are stacked its worse than a freshman frat initiation to spvp. It’s like, welcome to pvp, heres a kick in the nuts to get you started! Just have unrated queue for people to learn how to play or to try new builds, and lose the hotzerg.

well, i have to say that i think hotjoin really needs to stay. simple because of the many many players who just want to hop in and hop out to play some. the only and absolut simple thing to cure hotjoin is to either reduce the amount of rank-points gain (leave glory – who cares) in hot join or raise the amount of rank points gain in rated.
it is absolute and completely absurd to get more rankpoints in this hot-join format

but yes, in addition to this there is a huge need for an unrated que too

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

kito.1827

Eh oh
So basically the idea is: you invite a girl in your flat, then show her your huge amount of glory and boom! Instant sex.

basically – yes
with the downside of an instant sexual experience with the so called blue vase – but hey! at least there was a girl in your flat

Karl Otik
no gutz no glory

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

Eh oh

basically – yes
with the downside of an instant sexual experience with the so called blue vase – but hey! at least there was a girl in your flat

Never worked like that for me with a girl. But with a vase and a girl in the flat in the meantime (was/is she watching?) … ??? That would give a whole new meaning of lowpoint to me, especially with the presence of a girl in the flat/house … lol.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

they should make the team random again when match start like it was months ago

its no wonder there are no new playerz anymore when they get farmed only

and ppl dont do it for glory – they farm ranks

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Benjamin.7893

Benjamin.7893

Remove hotjoin add unranked queue

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

Premade farming hotjoin ? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

That’s the most hilarious thing I’ve ever heard, you’re saying someone’s actually out to farm useless currency IN A TEAM? Sure I’ve seen r57HotjoinHeroes who hotjoin all day erryday but a TEAM of them?

If you want efficient glory farming just join a glory farming server…
Hit everybody jump into a hole; repeat. FREE GLORY/RANK POINTS OMG
(OH WAIT IT’S COMPLETELY USELESS)

This is why Glory can never become a real currency, to be traded for things like Gems..

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

As much as I dislike hotjoin, I understand that Anet wants to keep it around in some format. I’d love to see it changed to “practice” or “custom” or something, though. New players are understandably turned off by hotjoin, so it would be nice if a ranked or unranked match was the “standard” PvP experience given to new players.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

As much as I dislike hotjoin, I understand that Anet wants to keep it around in some format. I’d love to see it changed to “practice” or “custom” or something, though.

Ok, I see this viewpoint a lot, but my argument is, why? Custom Arenas can stay, like I said — perfectly reasonable for guilds or teams to set up scrims or duels or whathaveyou. But look at other games, like MOBAs for instance. Every way to play the game (aside from practicing against computer players) you have to queue and play a full match. It’s not unreasonable to expect a 15 minute max time commitment from someone if they want to PvP, there doesn’t necessarily NEED to be this game mode where you can come and go as you please and nobody cares about the team winning. If you want to PvP in a team game, you have to commit to a full match where you play on a team. I don’t see anything unreasonable there, and to leave hotjoin as the standard way for new players to play the game is troublesome because you really don’t experience PvP as it’s meant to be played and learn bad habits that will come back to hurt you once you try Solo/Team Arena.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

I don’t think you tpvpers understand how much damage you would do to the already limited pvp scene if you removed hotjoin. If people wanted to play tpvp, they would. But they don’t. That’s why the vast majority of spvpers spend most of the time in hotjoins.

Trying to force them to tpvp so you can have lower queue times is both selfish and stupid.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Hotjoin is not a bad feature/mode, it is just poorly implemented. However, if the game would actually be interesting skill-wise, it wouldn’t really matter if hotjoin were in place or not. But yeah, things went different . . .

Read It Backwards [BooN]

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

As much as I dislike hotjoin, I understand that Anet wants to keep it around in some format. I’d love to see it changed to “practice” or “custom” or something, though.

Ok, I see this viewpoint a lot, but my argument is, why?

I don’t think you tpvpers understand how much damage you would do to the already limited pvp scene if you removed hotjoin. If people wanted to play tpvp, they would. But they don’t. That’s why the vast majority of spvpers spend most of the time in hotjoins.

Basically because of this. tPvP has a miniscule playerbase. I feel it has the potential to be revived from the ashes of last September, but that’s a long shot at best.

Also understand that 98% of the playerbase is strictly casual—and when I say casual, I mean the kind that you (as a r61 guardian) could win 1v3 fights against regularly. So I think it’s wise for Anet to leave a bad game mode in place, although I think things would have been better if they had never put it in in the first place. However, hotjoins are so bad that players actually looking for PvP are sorely disappointed when they head to the mists for the first time, which is why I think it would be smart to make an actual match the “standard” PvP mode.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

cymerdown.4103

Basically because of this. tPvP has a miniscule playerbase. I feel it has the potential to be revived from the ashes of last September, but that’s a long shot at best.

Also understand that 98% of the playerbase is strictly casual—and when I say casual, I mean the kind that you (as a r61 guardian) could win 1v3 fights against regularly. So I think it’s wise for Anet to leave a bad game mode in place, although I think things would have been better if they had never put it in in the first place. However, hotjoins are so bad that players actually looking for PvP are sorely disappointed when they head to the mists for the first time, which is why I think it would be smart to make an actual match the “standard” PvP mode.

Honestly, there’s not a huge difference between hotjoin and unrated queue, though. Here are the major differences in a nutshell:

• Unrated Queue is enforced 5v5, outside of disconnects and afks you are guaranteed a match where numbers are equal on both sides
  • Queued matchmaking attempts to (though it’s not perfect) put two teams against each other that are roughly equal in skill
  • Queued matches encourage map control and team cooperation, not zerging

Hotjoin was a terrible idea from the start, and many people were turned away from pvp simply because they tried hotjoin and thought that’s what pvp was in this game and never got to see wht it’s really like. If you want to play casually, that’s fine, and is exactly what unrated play is meant for in other games, and should be what it’s meant for in this game. Play just about any other competitive game and there is a casual/unrated mode for just this purpose. There is no need for hotjoin.

Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Disable team Swapping in Hotjoin. nuff said. pretty much all you need to do to make it better because as of right now. its not even worth going into i rather solo Q than hotjoin simply because if people join the game they can instantly switch to the winning side..>.>

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

https://www.everquestnext.com/

new game coming up that actually listens to its community and has similar style combat only with tons of new features like fully destructible environments. Prob worth keeping an eye on.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

Honestly, there’s not a huge difference between hotjoin and unrated queue, though. Here are the major differences in a nutshell:

• Unrated Queue is enforced 5v5, outside of disconnects and afks you are guaranteed a match where numbers are equal on both sides
  • Queued matchmaking attempts to (though it’s not perfect) put two teams against each other that are roughly equal in skill
  • Queued matches encourage map control and team cooperation, not zerging

Hotjoin was a terrible idea from the start, and many people were turned away from pvp simply because they tried hotjoin and thought that’s what pvp was in this game and never got to see wht it’s really like. If you want to play casually, that’s fine, and is exactly what unrated play is meant for in other games, and should be what it’s meant for in this game. Play just about any other competitive game and there is a casual/unrated mode for just this purpose. There is no need for hotjoin.

Hmm, you make a good case. Either way, hotjoin as the “standard” experience needs to stop.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: PierPiero.9142

PierPiero.9142

I am lvl 9 player and i play pvp since 2 weeks . I am a casual gamer and i arrive to pvp after making all pve content with 4 char. It is boring to join a server where the final score is 46 vs 500 as this morning, but, on the other side, if u observe how you die and how people play i think u can learn a lot.

Want new sPvP players?

in PvP

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

They should show some balls and drop hotjoin and only allow custom arena’s for player run tournaments. Hotjoin messed so much up.

If the only option was soloq and teamq, we’d have more people in there. This way (when the matchmaking gets fixed) the teams are more evenly balanced, lower queue times and people actually L2P. Just add an unranked queue when you decide to make rank mean something.

Edit: If they’d drop hotjoin, it would give me hope again for a competitive GW2. But I guess it’s never gonna happen, ‘cus they see money from those CA’s I guess.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!