Want to lose? Group up, don't screw soloq

in PvP

Posted by: Sunshine.5014

Sunshine.5014

Hi all, it’s widely understood that throwing matches is one of the best ways to advance League:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/HoT-league-encourages-people-to-throw-matches/first

Since we can’t fight this, I want to encourage people that if you want to throw matches, do it responsibly.

Here is how you should throw your match:

1. Post a LFG, or map chat asking for other people to join your team. Let them know your intention of throwing a match.
  2. Queue with your own team, who agree to throw the match
  3. Don’t queue without full 5 members. Don’t screw other soloq people because you want to throw a match.

The last point is really important, so I want to repeat that:

• Don’t queue without full 5 members. Don’t screw other soloq people because you want to throw a match. They may want to win.

P.S: For any ANet devs reading this. I’m not encouraging people to throw matches. I’m saying that if they want to do it, they should do it responsibly. It’s just like I don’t encourage people to drink and get drunk. But if they want to do it, I’m telling them don’t drink and drive since it affects other people.

Gray out the HP for future condition damage
Already quit PvP. Just log in here and there to troll.

(edited by Sunshine.5014)

in PvP

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

In-game Infractions:

The following will result in either a temporary account suspension or permanent account termination, depending upon the severity of the matter:

- Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse

in PvP

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

Agreed!

Additionally it’s very pathetic that throwing matches to lower MMR to then progress in leagues is not only viable but likely the optimal approach. And Anet as usual refuses to dialogue with their player base.

in PvP

Posted by: tmc.7254

tmc.7254

Worst ranked system ever implemented. Gw2

in PvP

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Don’t blame the players for taking advantage of this flawed system

in PvP

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

sigh

the days of ‘red resign’ have returned with a vengeance. how very sad.

so much for match manipulation being against the rules. Dhuum, how I miss seeing you randomly pop up…

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in PvP

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I think rankings like rabbit and dragon need to be scrapped in favor of an MMR based ranking. Leagues I’d keep but base off MMR so if you’d have an ELO of 2500 or higher (using WoW terms here) you’d be legendary rank, 2100-2499 diamond, 1700-2099 sapphire, 1500-1699 ruby, 1300-1499 emerald, and under 1300 amber.

in PvP

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I did what you said, but no one is joining on me.

I decided that I am better off solo-queuing.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

In-game Infractions:

The following will result in either a temporary account suspension or permanent account termination, depending upon the severity of the matter:

- Engaging in PvP match manipulation, disrupting a PvP match by not actively playing in good faith, or any other form of PvP griefing, exploitation, or abuse

The only people who should be punished are Anet Employes, who gave us such kittened system.

in PvP

Posted by: Firebird.8324

Firebird.8324

In-game Infractions:

and the team that is getting the free win are TOTALLY going to report them?

Over Powered Necro [dk] (Bird of Fire)
One spam to rule them all!
Mains Power Necro for team Radioactive[dk]

in PvP

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

My question is this – how exactly can you report for match manipulation?

I’ve been in games where I couldn’t effectively tell if my teammates were throwing or just really bad.
In fact – the difference between really bad and throwing is small if non-existent.

How do you tell them apart?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

A lot of the toxic right now is because there is no incentive to keep a high MMR.

People then soloq, tank MMR, make 4 other people mad, then the legitimate players quit. Result? More toxic League.

Root cause: no incentive to maintain a high MMR.

Anyway, I hope that if you want to tank MMR, do it with your own premade so you don’t affect other people. It’s like if you want to do rank farm, do it in your own server.

in PvP

Posted by: Ara.4569

Ara.4569

Q: How do you motivate/incentivize Anet to do anything ?
A: Make the game lose tons of players.

Q: How do you achieve that ?
A: By losing matches on purpose as a solo player, creating the most toxic community ever. (That will be historical! We’re creating a legend!)

Thank to Anet, this will also improve your chances for further win streaks, so don’t refrain. Do it multiple times, each tier. Make the game a better place! (In the long run, maybe, if anet even care.)

Balance team is a bunch of clowns, hurting the game to the full extent of their abilities.

in PvP

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

first time I’ve heard of a pvp game being more rewarding by losing game than by winning them in the long run
http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/clapping_ken_toy_story.gif

in PvP

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

This development team is a joke – prioritizes the interests of exploiters while punishing competitive players.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

in PvP

Posted by: Tia.9361

Tia.9361

LOL organising to lose. Love it.

Working within a failed system so that we can still enjoy ourselves and not unintentionally troll one another.

“You want your win? Here you are, thank you for the loss”

in PvP

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

Its a big shame this is what leagues and mmr has done.
I’m sure that creating match ups based on you division tier, matching equal tier to either equal or next tier would have been better, without mmr on top of it.
Isn’t that how leagues are supposed to work? It is it’s own ranking system, mmr shouldn’t be in leagues. It leaves it open to this disgusting behaviour.

Kitten.

in PvP

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

It’s appears to be the same mechanics from the Spring. It seems it’s just taking some time for players to remember or many are simply new to the ladder.

Don’t worry, the folks trying this are in for a rude awakening soon. Sapphire is where everyone whom puts in the effort to play will end up. Getting beyond that Division will be the challenge.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in PvP

Sunshine.5014

Yes, tanking MMR method only carry people so far, but it is enough to damage the Amber League, and make PvP lose a lot of players. That’s why we still need to encourage people to do it responsibly if they decide to do it anyway.