Wanting to start GW2

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Andy.8543

Andy.8543

Hey guys. I’ve made a couple of threads in other sections of the game trying to decide what i want to play.

I dont just want to pvp, but it’s what i mainly want and like to do. I’ve got a mesmer to 24, and i feel like im getting bored with the clone mechanics already, and the only reason is that my friend says its good, and he plays a reaper.

I have no idea what i like, nor what classes interest me, but i am leaning towards

Theif/Daredevil (typical rogue class, love the stealth idea)
Guardian/Dragonhunter (I love the idea of the healing/Ranged plate wearer)
Elementalist/Tempest (all other mmo’s ive played the ‘mage’ class)
Druid ( i quite like the idea of being a support class)
I tried the revenant and i just didnt like it… But thats more or less the order that they go in

If you guys could give me some feedback on the classes it would be great, before i divulge another week into pondering between classes :’)

I saw a video of a burning Guardian class? i thought that looked really fun? I’m worried i’ll get tired of dying as the rogue :/

Any help is appreciated

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Posted by: SlayerSixx.5763

SlayerSixx.5763

Welcome.

Your friend isn’t wrong about mesmer. They’ve got what is arguably the highest burst in the game and some of the best damage mitigation in the game (through stealth, teleports and invulnerabilities. Blocks as well if you buy heart of thorns).

I recommend guardian since they’re very noob friendly and guardians are generally wanted in every game setting.

How’s about you start with telling us what you prefer.

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Andy.8543

What i prefer? I love the mesmer idea… but i feel incredibly weak. I run Staff in one hand, And double sword in the other. I’ve gone into the Dueling Talent tree and the tree that allows me to use ‘Decoy’. Thinking it would gain me some survivability. I love the mage idea, and the fact that Mesmers are mage like, but with combat to boot was perfect for me. But i just cant help but feel like im either doing something wrong, or that my character goes massively overwhelmed, and my decoys dont do any damage :/

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

What i prefer? I love the mesmer idea… but i feel incredibly weak. I run Staff in one hand, And double sword in the other. I’ve gone into the Dueling Talent tree and the tree that allows me to use ‘Decoy’. Thinking it would gain me some survivability. I love the mage idea, and the fact that Mesmers are mage like, but with combat to boot was perfect for me. But i just cant help but feel like im either doing something wrong, or that my character goes massively overwhelmed, and my decoys dont do any damage :/

You do damage with F1-5 with your Ilusions/Phantasms/Clones.

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Andy.8543

So, i create 3 Phantasms, clones or illusions, then my F keys do the damage :/ normally when i use F1 they dont seem to do a vast amount of damage :/

Wanting to start GW2

in PvP

Posted by: Morwath.9817

Morwath.9817

So, i create 3 Phantasms, clones or illusions, then my F keys do the damage :/ normally when i use F1 they dont seem to do a vast amount of damage :/

You can read some tips here:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_Mantra_Lockdown