[Warrior]18k HB on Chief. Possibly the highest raw HB that can be achieved. Can anyone go higher?

[Warrior]18k HB on Chief. Possibly the highest raw HB that can be achieved. Can anyone go higher?

in PvP

Posted by: Schwahrheit.4203

Schwahrheit.4203

Well? Thread title.

The point of the thread is basically “how to maximize HB’s damage.” So far I believe I’m pretty close but I might be missing something.

Keep it clean, any other post not related is most likely getting ignored.

P.S Exact damage is 16235 if its too hard to see. I can put on another screen shot if you still doubt its credibility.

EDIT: Broke my first record.

Attachments:

Since people are negative about nerfs, how about we buff to balance then?

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

Posted by: Gilgamesh.2561

Gilgamesh.2561

Post a video instead.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Post a video instead.

Do I really have to

in PvP

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Well in a-net’s eyes it’s a very well balanced ability that can 1shot ppl.
As for PW hitting for 6k omg OP got nefed to the point that auto attack hits harder…

Keep posting stuff like this, don’t worrie warriors will never get nerfed and we all know why…

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

ANET made it too tricky to make HB hit that hard actually :x

in PvP

Posted by: shaolin.9716

shaolin.9716

They can’t nerf warriors while still in such a bad shape. Also, a good HB warrior will spec some into defense traits. A pure glass cannon warrior with no defense is so weak that ignoring a pet on you or stepping in AOE for a few seconds will probably kill you, or at least force you to retreat.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

This time I actually did 18k… caught it in Fraps ofc.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

They can’t nerf warriors while still in such a bad shape. Also, a good HB warrior will spec some into defense traits. A pure glass cannon warrior with no defense is so weak that ignoring a pet on you or stepping in AOE for a few seconds will probably kill you, or at least force you to retreat.

Depends. Through player skill you shouldn’t really need any points in toughness. At least with a Great Sword. Personally I think toughness is pointless for GS, but that’s besides the point. Can anyone go higher? 18k going once going twice.

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Going to ask one last time if anyone can go higher. I’m trying to see if HB has its limits or not.

Keep it clean and stay on topic.

in PvP

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

As for PW hitting for 6k omg OP got nefed to the point that auto attack hits harder…

Keep posting stuff like this, don’t worrie warriors will never get nerfed and we all know why…

Your forgetting the entirety of the thief’s kit which is what makes PW bullkitten. I can at least see the warrior charging at me and react.

in PvP

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

He did ask to stay on topic guys:

Schwahrheit:

Not sure actually but you have me curious to do some crunching. Since you’re just hitting a mob with it I wonder why you didn’t stack FGJ and SoM for might stacking with your SOR and Frenzy? You don’t really need stability or endure pain for testing pure number theory against an AI mob. Would think that’d boost your numbers up right away.

Perhaps grabbing might-on-block trait (forgot the name atm) since you open with shield blocking the initial chieftan burst.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Wanted to rely on less boons as possible to be honest. Just so I get that raw damage feeling.

Though if you’re curious as how else would I get a damage boost based on practicality, then I guess a Guardian could provide me the maximum amount of might that I might need.

And yeah I could use that might-on-block trait too, but in this video I didn’t use it.

in PvP

Braxxus.2904

Wanted to rely on less boons as possible to be honest. Just so I get that raw damage feeling.

Ahhh. I thought you were trying to theory craft the highest possible damage ceiling for it in general. Not un-buffed pure spec comparison.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: Shayde.2564

Shayde.2564

Not sure about this particular mob but “on my mark” is +10% dmg for 12s.

in PvP

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

If the GS provides 995-1100 power, and weapon power truly does vary per swing based on this range, then eventually it turns into a matter of getting the best range rolls.

I doubt that you received perfect rolls. Also, where’s the line for what can/cannot be used? If Signet of Rage is used, are all utilities fair game? If Unsuspecting Foe is used, can any trait be used? Is it fair or not to stack power from a sigil?

I personally think if this is going to be a competition, there should only be one line: no outside influence. No allies, and no sigil buff stacks. Secondary weapon, utilities, elite, traits, and runes are all fair game to see how high it actually can go.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in PvP

Posted by: Burrid.4739

Burrid.4739

I ate a 16k hb once on my elementalist. Was trying out a dps build, never again I guess…

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

Any traits should be fair game. And utility should only be “Frenzy.” Nothing else. Ofc counting Signet of Rage is fine.

Basically, HB should come from the Warrior himself and no one else.

in PvP

Posted by: Zeta Reticuli.9203

Zeta Reticuli.9203

Going to ask one last time if anyone can go higher. I’m trying to see if HB has its limits or not.

Keep it clean and stay on topic.

Of course it doesn’t. Figure out creative ways to stack might on yourself and vulnerability on your target.

Help from a mesmer traited properly is probably the best for both stacks at once. With a well timed shatter and traited blinds + a daze from mantra of distraction can easily get a quick 15+ stack of vulnerability. And the mesmer can put the sigil that stacks 3x might on weapon swap in combat, use the runes that grant all buffs (including fury) when using an elite, then the mesmer pops signet of inspiration to copy all of their stacks of might/fury to the warrior.

The mesmer could probably easily throw up 10-15 stacks of vulnerability and give the warrior at least 7-8 additional stacks of might + fury. You could easily see HB hit over 20k.

in PvP

Posted by: Ishan.5189

Ishan.5189

If you want to stack Vulnerability, try to grab an Engineer to use Goggle’s toolkit for insta 10 stacks.

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

Nice bro, Great Sword Warrior ownage

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

PW can be spammed 3-4 times in a row, stuns, and gives evasion.

in PvP

Braxxus.2904

Knote

stuns, and gives evasion.

Indeed. People conveniently forget that a warrior has to spend 2 utility slots, or a specific weapon swap + a utility slot to achieve the same functionality.

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in PvP

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

HB warriors are why warriors will never get nerfed lol they suck =/ seriously the only time I die to one is AFTER i finished fighting/killing someone and my dodge + utilities are both down and im already below half… ive had them bull rush/frenzy/HB when i was already at 2k hp and that is pretty dang amusing lol…side note thieves can do that in 1 atk yay backstab isnt op /sarcasm

in PvP

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

I love warriors, but I feel that giving them a skill so strong that every warrior under the sun focuses on that one skill is… well broken.
The same applies to thieves and Heartseeker.

No other class focuses on a single attack, nor do any other single attacks end fights as quickly as HB/HS.

So I’m hoping HB gets nerfed, but nothing else. Warriors need some love.

In other news, I got hit with a 12k Bullcharge the other week, back on my condition damage engie, and it wasn’t a glass cannon.

in PvP

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Is there something I’m missing?
You get max power, max critical damage, max might, max vulnerability, some utilities and get lucky.
If HB gets nerfed, why would anyone root themselves to deal auto-attack damage?

in PvP

Posted by: Blazer Hellsing.9184

Blazer Hellsing.9184

TheRamosOnline is a troll, no way bullcharge can hit for 12k.

Main: Thief
Alts: Warrior, Necromancer, Mesmer, Elementalist (bunker)

in PvP

Posted by: DinesenDK.5067

DinesenDK.5067

In my humble opimion HB is fine. It takes alot of setup to make it work and get most damage from it Bull rush, or some other root, Frenzy, and Signet of Rage for that extra crit chance. And then we must remember target can still break stun/root, or simply dogde long before the Warriors Bullrush takes him to you – If he dosn’t he asked for it.

But yes it does insane amounts of damage, and yes it is incredible fun when you mange to make it work. But to me you lack to much in other areas from running this burst spec. I’ve done it too, about the first month, but I got bored and felt it became a one trick pony.

I still enjoy it for PVE Though :P

in PvP

Schwahrheit.4203

@The people who clearly went off-topic
If you can’t pull off glass cannon HB in PvP or if you think have to have Bulls Charge to land HB then you are simply unskilled in regards to the Warrior class, nothing more and nothing less. You should never be offended if you know you are clearly lacking Warrior knowledge. Again, most of you people think you have to use Bulls Charge to land Hundred Blades when in reality the ones who actually took the time to learn their class don’t even need Bulls Charge. And I’m not the only Warrior who doesn’t do Bulls Charge with HB, I’ve seen a handful of others. Please don’t say anything if you’re clearly simple minded or unskilled because this will go NO WHERE.

But I’ve said it before keep it clean and stay on topic. This thread isn’t about whether Warriors are viable or not. I’m only trying to see if there’s any Warrior who can break my raw record with HB or if HB has a peak raw damage out-put

(edited by Schwahrheit.4203)

in PvP

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I don’t think anyone can match your ability to push one button. No matter how hard we unskilled Warriors try we just can’t get it high enough.