Warrior Meta after December 10th

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

I have a feeling warriors will shift out of the meta after the patch (aside from the occasional condi war). Mostly because thiefs and mesmers make better roamers with mobility/stealth/burst and engis do downed cleave with grenades better than greatsword along with superior support through supply crate and healing turret.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Posted by: Jae.5138

Jae.5138

hammer cc will always good but won’t be overpowered as heck like right now

in PvP

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Warriors have never been roamers, specially H/Lb that has low mobility

People will continue to use warrior, they still bring a little to much dmg on every spec and unlike most DPS classes, they are able to stand and hold a point

Even on condi builds, They so great at side points as well on team fights and they bring ress utility. warriors aren’t going away

in PvP

Posted by: DanyK.3842

DanyK.3842

I played regen/bunker sword + wh mace + shield warrior and our main strat was to have 1 person on all 3 points once we 3 capped and I’d move wherever the enemy pressured with the most players as taking me out with that build was just too hard for even 3 players while I didn’t really do much damage myself. The pros of the build are: team support with low dps stunlock chain, banner of defense gave perma regen and extra stats for anyone else on the point, warbanner for insta res in clutch situations which won us 2v2’s and 2v3’s and the overall tankiness, AoE condi removal and burst support make this build good for a mobile bunker. Best thing is dec 10 will leave this build untouched.

Sir Dany | Twitch
110k WvW kills | Champion Legionnaire, Paragon |

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

Nerfing hammer will hopefully remove those ridiculously bad hambow warriors from the meta, but those (very few) of us who’ve played tpvp warrior extensively should remain as viable as ever.

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

in PvP

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

I smell two builds:

GS/LB like Tarcis plays (But it’s natrually what DPS wars kinda shift to in my experience, gives you teamfight control too)

Condi s+s/lb because you can be obsurdly tanky (regen+settlers) and do a lot of damage (pin down, impale) at the same time.

And I’m not sure but Hambow will probably still be looking strong.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

in PvP

Posted by: apt.9184

apt.9184

Lb/Gs is going to be build unless normalization of longbow damage will make it weak.

Lil Apt
L2P deeez nutz

in PvP

Posted by: redslion.9675

redslion.9675

I smell two builds:

GS/LB like Tarcis plays (But it’s natrually what DPS wars kinda shift to in my experience, gives you teamfight control too)

Condi s+s/lb because you can be obsurdly tanky (regen+settlers) and do a lot of damage (pin down, impale) at the same time.

And I’m not sure but Hambow will probably still be looking strong.

LB/GS has been, and probably will always be one of the most complete, flexible and elegant setups.

But to make damage shine, especially on GS, you have to trait pretty heavily for it (IMHO 30 points in strangth and staying in full adrenaline as much as possible works well).

You will never be able to know what an engineer is going to do next…

because he doesn’t know it himself

in PvP

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

GS/LB will still be a thing.

All is vain.

in PvP

Posted by: Crovax.7854

Crovax.7854

I played regen/bunker sword + wh mace + shield warrior and our main strat was to have 1 person on all 3 points once we 3 capped and I’d move wherever the enemy pressured with the most players as taking me out with that build was just too hard for even 3 players while I didn’t really do much damage myself. The pros of the build are: team support with low dps stunlock chain, banner of defense gave perma regen and extra stats for anyone else on the point, warbanner for insta res in clutch situations which won us 2v2’s and 2v3’s and the overall tankiness, AoE condi removal and burst support make this build good for a mobile bunker. Best thing is dec 10 will leave this build untouched.

Currently playing the build you described. How can you survive against
more than 2 people? Because the way you said it wasn’t just: I can stand my ground
until reinforcements arrive but rather: they were never gonna kill me with 3 people.
Sounds a bit unrealistic with only shield block mace #2 and traited endure pain
at 25% against physical damage. Especially since this build doen’t have burst healing.

in PvP

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

AoE stuning every few seconds is never going to be weak.

in PvP

Posted by: Thunderbird.4298

Thunderbird.4298

This is almighty crysis and i have been using LB GS in light of the upcoming patch.

in PvP

Posted by: Rarnark.5623

Rarnark.5623

warriors aren’t going away

This is almighty crysis and i have been using LB GS in light of the upcoming patch.

You two have quelled my fear of having to re-roll.

Spirit Bae
Bad Boy Teenager Club [BBTC]
twitch.tv/rarnark

in PvP

Excalibur.9748

GS/LB has:

-Melee and ranged, LB can be traited to 1500 range which is just insane
-Still can use healing signet, berserker stance, mobile strikes, cleansing ire, dogged march ie all the must haves
-Can trait inspiring banners if you want to bunker
-Easy mode cleansing ire with longbow F1 (in fact it’s impossible to not proc cleansing ire with this)
-Greatsword is 150 AoE cleave as opposed to say 130 AoE on anything that’s not a greatsword. A lot of people overlook this but this added range makes it really annoying for other melee to hit you but avoid your attacks at the same time, even though you can do precisely that.
-Greatsword is great for running away with whirlwind attack -> rush
-Hundred blades for insane cleave damage
-Pin down is still gonna be great

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in PvP

redslion.9675

-Still can use healing signet, berserker stance, mobile strikes, cleansing ire, dogged march ie all the must haves

I play without Cleansing Ire and berserker’s stance and is still pretty doable. You have to be a bit more careful against necros, but you actually have the chance to slot bolas and use 100b extensively.

In tourneys is deadly.

I know, very few warriors play GS, probably because they tried it in “fair” duels, against enemies who have all the room they need to nullify your melee and get out of your cleave (one thing I learned: trying to duel a mesmer with a GS on an open field is suicide), and felt it was useless alone. In fact, GS is a strong stand-alone weapon, but only in tourneys: if you can force the enemy into fighting on your terms, you can watch the limbs fly!

in PvP

Posted by: Kugron.5128

Kugron.5128

I look forward to these nerfs as all of the retarted ES spam monkeys will go away to the next fotm, and I’ll go back to enjoying my class without getting ridiculed and insulted.

in PvP

redslion.9675

I look forward to these nerfs as all of the retarted ES spam monkeys will go away to the next fotm, and I’ll go back to enjoying my class without getting ridiculed and insulted.

PU mesmers!

PU mesmers everywhere!

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Go back to your S/D Thief. You got those Warrior nerfs that you have been begging for, too bad you still won’t be good at S/D.

in PvP

Excalibur.9748

Go back to your S/D Thief. You got those Warrior nerfs that you have been begging for, too bad you still won’t be good at S/D.

S/D thief is dead. I don’t even play S/D thief anymore btw.

The GS/LB war is my spec, and I’ve been using it before it’s even recognized. S/D thief is not a problem on this spec even now.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Nothing will change. CC spam+good aoe damage will still be silly when paired with adrenal health and healing signet.

If you want more cleave just go LB+GS.

It’s kinda sad how much better warrior bow is compared to ranger bows.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

redslion.9675

S/D thief is dead. I don’t even play S/D thief anymore btw.

The GS/LB war is my spec, and I’ve been using it before it’s even recognized. S/D thief is not a problem on this spec even now.

GS/LB has been recognized for a long, LONG time. Since April, and even before. It just got outshined for a while by crazy cc, but it has always been there.

Nothing will change. CC spam+good aoe damage will still be silly when paired with adrenal health and healing signet.

If you want more cleave just go LB+GS.

It’s kinda sad how much better warrior bow is compared to ranger bows.

Warrior’s Longbow is a point-blank weapon (Arcing Arrow consistently lands only if you throw it at your feet, because of its slow fly speed. Burning arrows is a shotgun attack. The nearer you are, the more you benefit from Pin Down’s immobilize.). You probably wouldn’t like it for a ranged build. That said, I also think they should probably rework ranger’s longbow into something more interesting.

(edited by redslion.9675)

in PvP

Zenith.7301

You can land arcing shot if you land the root first, however. A long duration root paired with 5 stacks of bleed.

in PvP

redslion.9675

You can land arcing shot if you land the root first, however. A long duration root paired with 5 stacks of bleed.

Yeah, but arcing arrow is more of a fire and switch: all in all, longbow is a weapon you’ll be using while APPROACHING the enemy.

The only thing that might make you want to stay at range is autoattack, but it’s pretty weak.

IMHO Warrior’s longbow is designed around the idea of supporting melee fighting. #4 can be used to cover you while you try to get in range, #5 to stop the enemy for further melee comboing, #3 after #5 or on the point, same for burst. If you use the immob on short range, you can use #2, which will deal pretty good damage.

(edited by redslion.9675)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

If any weapon is to remain strongest for warriors, it should be the longbow.

If we separate mechanical and positional play for a moment, longbow has by far the most mechanical counters from other classes (in terms of reflects/blocks/immunities and manageable cleansing.

Melee weapons are a different story., falling into more of a ‘kite or die’ approach.

Without cc they are fairly balanced however.

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Zenith.7301

Well, so would the ranger longbow if its damage didn’t get gutted at less than 900 range for whatever arbitrary reason and Barrage wasn’t such garbage compared to warrior’s arcing shot, longbow 5, and the burst skill.

In fact most bows get worse the less close you are as arrows can be easily sidestepped by 900 range.

Warrior weapons just happen to outclass all the other classes’ weapons, in base damage and cooldown timers (much smaller base recharge times than other classes).

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in PvP

Phaeton.9582

@zenith: I wouldn’t say no to the engineers rifle, but that’s not how balance works!

Now imagine I’m doing a hardcore euro-gamer accent. “At the end of the day these are just aesthetics; weapons should be compared in function, not how they appear.”

Phaatonn, London UK

in PvP

Posted by: BryBry.8409

BryBry.8409

You will still be able to flop your kitten around and be viable. Healing signet, zerkers stance (which you can easily run instead of frenzy in lb/gs), cleansing ire (which should really be reverted back into the original two traits due to the other bullkitten we got), and lyssa runes (which although may not be “broken” on other classes, is stupid as kitten with sig of rage, while mixed with all the other elements of warrior). Nothing will change, fumbling your kitten around and playing warrior will still be the same. This is of course, until Arena Net decides to finally nerf (aka nerfing things that shouldn’t be nerfed until finally nerfing healing sig or some combo that would balance the class) which will make the class a flaming pile of kitten, similarly to what happened to triple cantrip eles. Until the cycle of intentionally making classes broken for several months, and then turning them into a pos comes back around.

This post is dedicated to Sataarcoeny, who’s body is still MIA since walking 20 miles to Disney land.

In the words of the defender of the nest, “c’est la vie”

And in the words of the Team U S A captain, the flying Canadian, Hiba “Talk kitten, get kittented”

(edited by BryBry.8409)

in PvP

Posted by: cymerdown.4103

cymerdown.4103

I think Warrior will still be meta, and I don’t think it will be of the condi variety, but we will see a month or 2 after the meta has had a chance to fully settle.

Kensuda (Bunker Guardian)
Bunker Guardian Guide
Twitch Stream

in PvP

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Warriors have never been roamers, specially H/Lb that has low mobility

People will continue to use warrior, they still bring a little to much dmg on every spec and unlike most DPS classes, they are able to stand and hold a point

Even on condi builds, They so great at side points as well on team fights and they bring ress utility. warriors aren’t going away

low mobility..??
25% movement speed increase when wielding hammer in this case lolz