Warrior Myths: BUSTED

in PvP

Posted by: Zanryu.3417

Zanryu.3417

What you are failing to understand, Zanryu, is that posting a video is not an evidence.

I can post a video of me as a Warrior beating out an afk player and then say “Hey, look! I killed that guy without taking any damage! Warrior is OP”, but that wouldn’t be a proof at all.

On the other hand, comparisons between the warrior meta builds and other build is a good way to prove that something is OP.
Checking the population might be also a sign of something being OP.
People have done that and came to the conclusion that Warrior is OP.

They provide no evidence that Warriors are OP though. My showing a video is more tangible than ANYTHING I’ve seen anyone on this thread say so far.

People complaining with no proof might be a sign that they’re just unable to adapt and really like theorycrafting.

in PvP

Posted by: KooB.6503

KooB.6503

good job, today you’ve showed that a warrior hitting more minons than master can die vs a minion master necro.
what is more, you’re not even using the meta build…
:(

- Twin Doggy Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Sword 2 has a blind? That’s nice Dorothy but you stated the build was using Mace/Shield so what are you on about you utter Trollope. Choose a weapon set and stick with it in your poor arguments.

Renewed Focus is only 2 seconds in duration, the trait extends it to 3, so you’re clueless actually.

And a 2 second block (Shelter) is NOT the same as invulnerability, Shelter can be interrupted by many things, goes on full cool down and provides no healing.

Your game knowledge and understanding is about as good as your skill as a Warrior.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Sword 2 has a blind? That’s nice Dorothy but you stated the build was using Mace/Shield so what are you on about you utter Trollope. Choose a weapon set and stick with it in your poor arguments.

Renewed Focus is only 2 seconds in duration, the trait extends it to 3, so you’re clueless actually.

And a 2 second block (Shelter) is NOT the same as invulnerability, Shelter can be interrupted by many things, goes on full cool down and provides no healing.

Your game knowledge and understanding is about as good as your skill as a Warrior.

It’s a little awkward how having a 2 second block on your heal that can be interrupted by VERY few things is still far better than quite a few of the other heals in game. Even if it isn’t invulnerability you’re still not going to be taking damage while you heal, and you block out incoming damage.

Mace Shield has a knockback and a heal, along with Protection. That’s pretty good honestly. Combined with the block and invuln, along with two Aegis (the passive then the one from activating virtue) and Guardians are already better defensively than Warriors, even with their lack of HP.

I didn’t run Mace/Shield on my Guardian so I admit I got a little mixed up, but even with that Guardians are defensive beasts. Nevermind using a Scepter or Sword/Focus with a Hammer. Their weapon sets have quite a lot of defensive power behind them, unlike Warriors who rely on the stuns from their sets as their defense and offense, and who only have access to one good block. So let’s compare, shall we?

Guardian (Hammer/Mace+Focus): Aegis x2 (3 if passive is active at start, followed by virtue, followed by virtue again after Renewed Focus), 3 attack block, 2 second block, 3 second invulnerability, launch, and an area that can’t be gotten through.

Warrior (Hammer/Mace+Shield): 3 second block, 1 second block, 3 second stun. 2 second stun, knockback, knockdown.

Oh yeah.. Warriors are definitely get the better end of the stick here.

It’s the same when it comes to damaging, or conditions as well. The classes that are actually meant for it do it far better than a Warrior. Unless you think a Warrior can do a better job at DPSing in PvP than a Thief or Mesmer or apply conditions better than an Engineer or Necromancer. I sure haven’t seen that happen yet, but hey. Maybe you’re right. Maybe Warriors are better at everything than everyone else. Or maybe they aren’t. My money is on the second one.

in PvP

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

So… first I hear just anyone can pick up a Warrior and win, now I’m hearing they have to actually know how and when to use their skills? Your side really needs to make up its mind for an argument. This is getting inconsistent.

I would call these things basics and understanding of the game. Or do we have to tell them, that they have to breath in and breath out every two seconds for the rest of their life, or they gona die?

E: You didnt show your traits and armor…..

(edited by whyme.3281)

in PvP

Posted by: DeckerDontPlay.1639

DeckerDontPlay.1639

I’m completely shocked at the amount of people defending and refusing to admit to warriors being over powered. I don’t agree that they are ridiculously overpowered however, the damage they put out, the amount of sustain they have as well as the mobility they possess is to much. It’s the D/D ele 2.0 (Except warrior can achieve crazy amounts of damage without much sacrifice and have access to numerous low CD CC). Then to top it off, we get a video of a guy who clearly doesn’t understand the lowest basics of pvp and proceeds in rolling his face across his keyboard and effectively missing EVERYTHING to arrive at the conclusion that…..warrior’s are not overpowered…ok GW2 community, ok…

Sixes – KUM – Maguuma

in PvP

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Healing Signet is better than Shelter as a personal heal. It will heal 8000 more over 30s than Shelter possibly can. As for the 2s block with Shelter making a difference, if you are in a position to block 8000 damage in 2s you will explode straight after healing anyway.
So if you want to try that argument, it’s unrealistic, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see it attempted by someone like you.
You take no damage while blocking with Shelter? Really? Tell that to existing conditions, unblockable marks, unblockable traps, unblockable Thief, Ele and Warrior strikes.
Renewed Focus is 2 seconds, stop getting your info from out of date websites, it’s 2s in-game.

And an area you can’t get through? Ha, Stability, Pull and Teleport say hi. I’ve even seen people jump over Ring of Warding, you completely overrate it, along with a lot of other things.

Anyway, I’m out of here. Your gameplay is bad and your arguments even worse.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Healing Signet is better than Shelter as a personal heal. It will heal 8000 more over 30s than Shelter possibly can. As for the 2s block with Shelter making a difference, if you are in a position to block 8000 damage in 2s you will explode straight after healing anyway.
So if you want to try that argument, it’s unrealistic, but it wouldn’t be surprising to see it attempted by someone like you.
You take no damage while blocking with Shelter? Really? Tell that to existing conditions, unblockable marks, unblockable traps, unblockable Thief, Ele and Warrior strikes.
Renewed Focus is 2 seconds, stop getting your info from out of date websites, it’s 2s in-game.

And an area you can’t get through? Ha, Stability, Pull and Teleport say hi. I’ve even seen people jump over Ring of Warding, you completely overrate it, along with a lot of other things.

Anyway, I’m out of here. Your gameplay is bad and your arguments even worse.

A Warrior isn’t going to sit there for 30 seconds and just not take damage. If the Warrior’s in a fight they’ll be getting hit and under more than one person Healing Signet can be negated for the most part. Healing 400 HP/sec with another 400 thrown in every 3 isn’t enough to make the damage coming in during a team fight inconsequential.

Even with existing conditions that two second Block guarantees a heal, one that’ll recover a significant amount of HP. All while blocking any incoming direct damage outside a very limited set of options. Healing Signet blocks absolutely nothing and doesn’t allow the Warrior to burst heal. That two seconds of Block can mean the difference between staying up or going down. Healing Signet is far overrated.

Warriors are super resistant to Conditions with Bersker Stance and Burst skills? Blind says hi. Weapon swap says hi. Missing the target says hi. Low Adrenaline says hi. Stuns say hi. Existing conditions on Berserker Stance say hi.

Guardians still have more options that can’t be avoided as easily as a stun, knockback, launch, or knockdown. Burst skills don’t last an infinite amount of time. Two seconds can absorb a fair amount of damage and keep you in the fight, and you seem to be forgetting about the 3 second Invulnerability Guardians have as well.

in PvP

Posted by: Silferas.3841

Silferas.3841

I think Zanryu is either an overfed troll or just a crazed lunatic. Of course warriors can be killed. Every friggin profession can. That proves nothing. I can make a video of full bunker guardian getting killed while mashing his skills and it wouldn’t show a thing.

You need to compare what professions CAN do when played in capable hands, and how capable the hands have to be to make those professions work. Quite apparently (assuming from your videos) you are incapable of playing a warrior properly, what you have shown us is a joke.

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us
[S]illy [L]ittle [U]gly [T]rolls – our little dungeon forum community
“My mind has left, my body follows”

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

I think Zanryu is either an overfed troll or just a crazed lunatic. Of course warriors can be killed. Every friggin profession can. That proves nothing. I can make a video of full bunker guardian getting killed while mashing his skills and it wouldn’t show a thing.

You need to compare what professions CAN do when played in capable hands, and how capable the hands have to be to make those professions work. Quite apparently (assuming from your videos) you are incapable of playing a warrior properly, what you have shown us is a joke.

Okay, so just to confirm… Bad players on Warriors killing people isn’t the issue? People can’t just hop on Warriors and suddenly be better than majority of the people they’re fighting? That seems like what you’re trying to say, and if so then you’re pretty much arguing against one of the main points people on your side try to make.

If a class can’t simply be picked up and used to great effect it isn’t overpowered, if it is strong in capable hands and can perform well in a situation where it is used by a good player that isn’t overpowered, that’s a good player making use of a class and succeeding at beating others.

Hmm. Interesting. Because this leaves us with a few scenarios:

Bad people complaining because they can’t adapt. Opinions no longer valid.
Underskilled people complaining because they can’t overcome. Opinions no longer valid.
New people complaining because they don’t understand. Opinions no longer valid.

Their opinions are no longer valid under your logic of course, being that we should only consider what Warriors can do in the hands of a player that has a lot of experience and performs extremely well. Of course, should we be discussing that, I’d like to bring up how strong Engineers can be. They’ve got pretty good burst damage, fair enough sustain, and the ability to drop a ton of conditions on a target. You don’t see me complaining about them, but they can be used extremely effectively in the right hands. Should I go make a thread complaining about how powerful they are? Or try to find ways around what they do? Which seems more productive?

in PvP

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Take a mesmer and stand still like a lemon when fighting a necromancer with that same build and check the time differences in death xD

Seriously all you’ve proven is that standing still in red circles and eating every attack is bad and that a warrior can do it for about 35secs longer than most professions.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

Take a mesmer and stand still like a lemon when fighting a necromancer with that same build and check the time differences in death xD

Seriously all you’ve proven is that standing still in red circles and eating every attack is bad and that a warrior can do it for about 35secs longer than most professions.

I didn’t know moving around meant standing still. My bad man, my bad.

in PvP

Posted by: Avead.5760

Avead.5760

that movement..lol you might as well have standed still so its more obvious how bad you were ! no offence :P

in PvP

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Warrior is fine. Warrior is destroyed by a competent mesmer and also loses to a competent thief or even a necro who knows how to kite or plays minion build. I will admit the majority of necros are pretty horrendous and just stand there and wait to be stunned, but that isn’t the point.

Ugh, you whiners are pushing me more and more towards Wildstar. Maybe players there won’t be so whiny. This is the absolute whiniest community I have ever seen in ANY MMO I have ever played, and I have been playing them for close to 16 years. Maybe it’s because generally I don’t play buy to play games where you just have to convince mommy to pick up the game for your birthday or something, but the maturity level on these forums and also in sPvP is the worst I have ever seen.

in PvP

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

necro who knows how to kite

+1 to this. Its so easy to kite a warrior with necro, obviously. All you have to do is use your ready access to blocks, invulns, stability, and vigor to avoid his long CD CC, and then you use your conditions like fear, immobilize, cripple, and chill, which the warrior totally has no method of completely invalidating, and its practically like fighting a baby.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: NevirSayDie.6235

NevirSayDie.6235

Warrior is fine. Warrior is destroyed by a competent mesmer and also loses to a competent thief or even a necro who knows how to kite or plays minion build. I will admit the majority of necros are pretty horrendous and just stand there and wait to be stunned, but that isn’t the point.

Ugh, you whiners are pushing me more and more towards Wildstar. Maybe players there won’t be so whiny. This is the absolute whiniest community I have ever seen in ANY MMO I have ever played, and I have been playing them for close to 16 years. Maybe it’s because generally I don’t play buy to play games where you just have to convince mommy to pick up the game for your birthday or something, but the maturity level on these forums and also in sPvP is the worst I have ever seen.

When you start to perceive things as “most players of X are just bad” usually it means your perception is off. It is statistically very improbable for noticeably more bad players to gravitate to one profession.

I’m sorry the community hates your favorite profession right now. I agree that there’s a lot of room for improvement in the quality of feedback we give to the devs. I even agree that at top tiers, warriors are probably not as imbalanced as they are in the rest of the game.

However, I’m hoping for warrior changes in the very near future because they’re turning players away from the game, nothing more. What is the reason you feel warriors should stay the same?

in PvP

Posted by: Yasha.5963

Yasha.5963

Many are claiming Warrior can be played with high levels of success with little skill. Even if my gameplay sucks the video is still a valid representation of how Warriors aren’t as broken as people believe.

I don’t think your gameplay sucked (you were outplayed though), and I’m glad you took the time to make a video and share it.

It is certainly true that a warrior has weaknesses that good players with the right tools/build can exploit especially in a 1vs1 situation.

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

necro who knows how to kite

+1 to this. Its so easy to kite a warrior with necro, obviously. All you have to do is use your ready access to blocks, invulns, stability, and vigor to avoid his long CD CC, and then you use your conditions like fear, immobilize, cripple, and chill, which the warrior totally has no method of completely invalidating, and its practically like fighting a baby.

http://pl.twitch.tv/forsaker_/c/3130544

This necro doesn’t seem to have issues kiting warrior, and he is fighting one with more mobility than hambow.

(not saying this is a perfect example, but it’s what I have at the moment)

in PvP

Posted by: toastycake.1683

toastycake.1683

Warriors are in a really good place now. It’s a great job that mods were able to get this class balanced. They used to be extremely UP but now they serve a good role in a team fight.

No need to nerf a warrior, IMO.

You know which class is OP? Necros. Mods need to take a look at that profession.

you are the best person ever

in PvP

Posted by: thefirstlazydude.2408

thefirstlazydude.2408

Hello everyone, there have been many complaints about the Warrior class. How Healing Signet + Adrenal Health provide too much healing, how Cleansing Ire is too good at removing conditions, how Banner Regen Warriors are virtually unkillable, and I’m here to put a stop to this nonsense.

Warriors can die. Here’s the proof. Show me those Warriors that are carrying teams by themselves and winning 4v1s on video. Or really anything that shows how OP they are, rather than theorycrafting and telling stories about what happened. Sure, stories can give us some idea of what’s going on, but we don’t know the exact situations.

In other words… watch this video.

Dude not to insult you or anything but you’re wasting your time here in the forums. Most people on this forum are trolls and/or QQ bots who would rather have all but their classes nerfed rather then get better.

For example, I offered on Spvp forums and Warrior forums offering free lessons for dueling a warrior and showing key moves to interrupt and dodge. No one took the offer. Not a single PM, mail, or invite.

I’ve helped a couple of my guildmates on how to fight warriors. Things such as Rush animation, skullcrack dodging, using the stunbreak after the switch to GS, etc etc. Next thing I know they were able to prevent escapes by interrupting my Rush, dodge stuns and keep proper distance.

I realize this is a group oriented game but many warriors are one trick ponies. If you can dodge the initial stun you’ll be okay as long as you know what the movement buttons are and how to dodge.

But instead this is what happens http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Qsq9J3g8g.
Sorry its a WoW video, haven’t found a GW2 counterpart.

Defensive Armor 80 Warrior (main) / Thefirstlazydude 80 Necromancer / Offensive Armor 80 Guardian
Champion Legionnaire of DTG and oPP
More then just a Zergling on Blackgate

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

This necro doesn’t seem to have issues kiting warrior, and he is fighting one with more mobility than hambow.

Warriors in general are incredibly easy to kite for a Necro, but its not warriors in general that are the problem. Its massive damage/CC warriors that are one of the biggest counters to Necros, and arguably the biggest reason Necros are slowly dropping out of the meta. It isn’t mobility that bothers the Necro at all, it is Berzerker stance invalidating almost all of the Necromancer’s kiting tools (except Flesh Wurm and Spectral Walk), stability negating our biggest kiting tool (fear) when that is down, all with massive amounts of CC, which is one of the hardest things to deal with.

But that wasn’t the only problem in that video, the warrior popped Zerker stance right away, like they’d somehow be able to train down the Necro in those precious seconds by… auto attacking with longbow? That was ridiculous. They also rushed into the entire team with no back up, completely overextending for no reason.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

you know there is something wrong when i go to do tpvp and half of the ppl on map are warriors… i am sadly not even extraggerating

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

you know there is something wrong when i go to do tpvp and half of the ppl on map are warriors… i am sadly not even extraggerating

That doesn’t necessarily equate to overpowered. That could just as easily be word of mouth or hype.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

That doesn’t necessarily equate to overpowered. That could just as easily be word of mouth or hype.

possibly…but i do think it is silly how wars can hold point pretty much like guardian while dishing out absurd amount of dmg/CC

my friend plays war, i did quite some games with him and it is funny to watch how so many ppl try to kill him and can’t while i can pick off them one by one on my thief

i think in some game it took 5 ppl to kill him…that is just silly

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

“The Warrior has NO burst heal, no way to restore 10k or so HP in one go”

I suppose I should clarify before I get jumped on, I’m referring to the adrenaline based heal which grants a 10k Heal at full adrenaline.

You have to choose between healing signet or healing surge which last time i check only heals for 10k when your defense tree is a full 30 points or wearing clerics gear.

in PvP

Posted by: Valentin.2073

Valentin.2073

you can see me in duel arenas if you wanna see how a spirit ranger pawns warriors.

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

All this proves is that a warrior played extremely poorly w/o even trying can live for 30+ seconds of constant dmg pressure lol.

Do the same exact thing with another class where you barely do anything and see how long you last.

in PvP

Cynz.9437

All this proves is that a warrior played extremely poorly w/o even trying can live for 30+ seconds of constant dmg pressure lol.

Do the same exact thing with another class where you barely do anything and see how long you last.

ahh someone understands

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Wow… this forum now definitely hit rock bottom. Kids posting videos to proove their arguments.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Posted by: unleashed.8679

unleashed.8679

Many are claiming Warrior can be played with high levels of success with little skill. Even if my gameplay sucks the video is still a valid representation of how Warriors aren’t as broken as people believe.

I don’t think your gameplay sucked (you were outplayed though), and I’m glad you took the time to make a video and share it.

Sure about this? The video shows me that he thinks a banner warrior is a warrior with 4 banners. And he needs to place them all when a fight starts, while turning his back to a thief. He definitively didn’t get outplayed there. If he would have started attacking the thief instead of placing Banner 2 and 3. Thief would be dead.

The key element of a banner warrior is the regeneration, he gets from the banners and guess what, ONE banner is enough to get this boon. There is no need to place 3 or 4 of them, when the fight starts, that is just stupid.

That video only shows that a warrior is capable to survive ridicules long without dodging.

@TO: What traits and runes did you use?

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

FOTM doesn’t just happen for no reason. Word of mouth and hype are the same thing.

I’d say warriors are FOTM because they’re incredibly forgiving, easy to get kills with and just a little too powerful overall. The worst thing is that it makes them horribly imbalanced at entry-level PvP, because the starting builds can’t even do enough damage to keep up with the regen.

in PvP

Posted by: Flamfloz.6732

Flamfloz.6732

Nobody told me I had to press keys to win with warrior.
I’m going back to my ranger… At least I can just click auto attack and pew pew enemies with my furry companions.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

FOTM doesn’t just happen for no reason. Word of mouth and hype are the same thing.

I’d say warriors are FOTM because they’re incredibly forgiving, easy to get kills with and just a little too powerful overall. The worst thing is that it makes them horribly imbalanced at entry-level PvP, because the starting builds can’t even do enough damage to keep up with the regen.

What do you mean by starting builds? Builds that people just throw together without checking to see how effective it is or without looking at meta builds? ‘cause if you’re using a non meta build vs a meta build, one that’s been tested and shown to work well, can you really expect to do as well as you’d like?

You’re gonna have to define “starting build”.

in PvP

NevirSayDie.6235

What do you mean by starting builds? Builds that people just throw together without checking to see how effective it is or without looking at meta builds? ‘cause if you’re using a non meta build vs a meta build, one that’s been tested and shown to work well, can you really expect to do as well as you’d like?

You’re gonna have to define “starting build”.

I know you’re feeling defensive because your profession is so hated right now. Try not to overreact to stuff, though.

The “starting build” a new player gets when he tries PvP for the first time is usually a kind of semi-tanky soldier’s amulet build. As far as I know, they’re pretty awful for most professions. My only point was that two completely new players using default builds could duel each other; if one was a warrior, the other wouldn’t be able to move his health bar, because I don’t think there’s a soldier’s amulet build capable of doing that. That’s why I said warriors appear even more OP to newer/starting players, even though top-tier players are also calling for nerfs.

in PvP

Posted by: Merkenary.9860

Merkenary.9860

Isn’t the thread title misleading?

Shouldn’t it be – I made a troll post to increase my YouTube numbers.

You play the warrior class well in your other tournament videos and could have played better in your proof video.

Also op =/= I win button

Seraphim Martyrs BURN
Borlis Pass

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Every time I read someone complain that Warrior is OP I see it translated by my brain as :

“I’m really bad. I don’t bring stun breakers, or waste them if I do. I also waste all my dodges on auto attacks. I can’t survive for even 8 seconds and waste all my CC during that 8 second immunity.”

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in PvP

Cynz.9437

Every time I read someone complain that Warrior is OP I see it translated by my brain as :

“I’m really bad. I don’t bring stun breakers, or waste them if I do. I also waste all my dodges on auto attacks. I can’t survive for even 8 seconds and waste all my CC during that 8 second immunity.”

i lol’d

All is Vain~

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

i lol’d

Yep, ignore the Engineer part. Which has been my main since beta 2. I don’t have issues fighting warriors on either one of those professions, or Mesmer either…because I don’t do all the bad player mistakes I listed above.

I’m sorry you have trouble vs these very telegraphed attacks, keep practicing buddy.

in PvP

Zanryu.3417

i lol’d

Me too, I mean it’s pretty hilarious that Warriors should get to have an opinion isn’kitten

in PvP

Posted by: ahuba.6430

ahuba.6430

This video is epic

lol

omg i used to not like you because of your attitude on forums but now i miss it and you have always been right about everything!!!

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

ahuba.6430

this thread just keeps delivering and so far my 6 infractions from here have been totally worth it. TY OP

in PvP

Posted by: risenlord.2035

risenlord.2035

well if its so bad why don’t you upload a video showing a demi god unkillable warrior. No? Either show proof or all this warrior qq nonsense is just that. People are getting their feelings hurt because a warrior killed them

in PvP

Valentin.2073

this thread just keeps delivering and so far my 6 infractions from here have been totally worth it. TY OP

you just need to stop bullying people, dude. be nice. :-)

PVP Ranger: Prince Valentine, PVP Warrior: Prince of Hearts I, and PVP Mesmer: Prince Valentine I

in PvP

ahuba.6430

you just need to stop bullying people, dude. be nice. :-)

i cant. spirit rangers and warriors are inferior beeings

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

i lol’d

So, even though I have played warrior and thief since beta and have nearly 2,300 sPvP games I get no opinion because I play a warrior? I have played pretty much every class in the game for at least a little bit of time (except engineer I believe) and have around 800 games on my thief and nearly 1,100 on my warrior. I think my lowest played class is probably Elementalist with around 20-30 games. I also have nearly 100 games as Guardian and ~ 200 as Ranger. I think I am more than qualified to speak on balance concerns.

Also, Hi Zek. Played with you a few days ago and I am also from JQ.

in PvP

Bhawb.7408

snip

Generally speaking, in a multi-profession forum like this, any time that someone who mains a profession speaks out against nerfing said profession, its going to be met with a bit of “of course you don’t want your own OP class nerfed”. This is a bit more pronounced when we look at how Warriors are right now, how Necros were with Dhuumfire, how Rangers have been numerous times, how D/D Eles were, etc, and how every time there were players defending what was obviously overpowered to everyone else.

It always happens, and usually the true hardcore fanbase of the profession always hates when it happens, because they don’t want to be OP. But then you get flooded with rerollers who are complete morons and just want the new OP, and insist that after 10 games they totally know the build isn’t OP.

Happened with every build above, is happening now with Warriors.

Also, warriors have a few legitimately too strong of builds. Takes less than ten seconds of looking around to see that they dominate the meta right now, for good reason.

My PvP Minion Build

in PvP

Ashanor.5319

snip

Generally speaking, in a multi-profession forum like this, any time that someone who mains a profession speaks out against nerfing said profession, its going to be met with a bit of “of course you don’t want your own OP class nerfed”. This is a bit more pronounced when we look at how Warriors are right now, how Necros were with Dhuumfire, how Rangers have been numerous times, how D/D Eles were, etc, and how every time there were players defending what was obviously overpowered to everyone else.

It always happens, and usually the true hardcore fanbase of the profession always hates when it happens, because they don’t want to be OP. But then you get flooded with rerollers who are complete morons and just want the new OP, and insist that after 10 games they totally know the build isn’t OP.

Also, warriors have a few legitimately too strong of builds. Takes less than ten seconds of looking around to see that they dominate the meta right now, for good reason.

Except, I am an experienced player telling you that warrior is fine. Sure, I can tear apart an inexperienced player who doesn’t know how to counter a warrior, but for the players that actually know what they are doing it is a pretty fair fight and many times not in the warriors favor. I’m sorry you have to actually use a stunbreaker for I don’t know, breaking stuns? I’m sorry you can’t run a pure DPS build with no utility and expect to win against crowd control, neither can warrior. I’m sorry you actually have to kite something instead of just standing in one spot and mashing your ranged attacks. Generally the majority of complaints are new players and user error. I jumped on my thief the other day just because I hadn’t played him in a while and really didn’t have much problem at all with warriors, even “hambow”. I was also actively searching every one of them out on the map and generally ignoring other players just to see if any really could beat me. Only time they really did is if they got help and I didn’t feel like running away, if I wanted to escape I easily could.

(edited by Ashanor.5319)

in PvP

ahuba.6430

snip

Except, I am an experienced player telling you that warrior is fine. Sure, I can tear apart an inexperienced player who doesn’t know how to counter a warrior, but for the players that actually know what they are doing it is a pretty fair fight and many times not in the warriors favor. I’m sorry you have to actually use a stunbreaker for I don’t know, breaking stuns? I’m sorry you can’t run a pure DPS build with no utility and expect to win against crowd control, neither can warrior. I’m sorry you actually have to kite something instead of just standing in one spot and mashing your ranged attacks. Generally the majority of complaints are new players and user error. I jumped on my thief the other day just because I hadn’t played him in a while and really didn’t have much problem at all with warriors, even “hambow”. I was also actively searching every one of them out on the map and generally ignoring other players just to see if any really could beat me. Only time they really did is if they got help and I didn’t feel like running away, if I wanted to escape I easily could.

the complaints arent just about beeing op. It’s about effectiveness. Warrior is faceroll easy mode. You are right, we have to kite and work our kitten off. We have to slot extra stunbreakers because of “warrior meta” (seriously, people call this meta “WARRIOR” and you think it’s fine?), we have to be careful of our position. And while we do this most warriors just tunnel, and tunnel and tunnel some more. And they’re a pita already. Now imagine a decent knowledgeable warrior, and how hard it is to fight it versus how hard it is for them to fight others…
And another one that thinks the only complaints are new players… im just gonna say this one more time. Look at all the top teams of this game, just look at them. Oh wait, you can’t, they’re all gone! Gone because of easymode spammy builds making a joke of whatever competitive side this game has/had. But whatever, it’s just the new players. This game is alive and kicking. The game is completely fine when a single profession dominates a metagame of an aspiring esport game!

what you people don’t understand is that it isnt just about the STRENGTH of the class. Its the risk vs reward, the effort players have to put into the playing field. There are worse offenders than warrior when it comes to cheese, but in a cheese/overall power chart, warrior es numero uno.

(edited by ahuba.6430)

in PvP

Valentin.2073

i see warriors get killed 1v1 all the time. i just don’t get what’s all this fuss about warriors. i’m not that smart to defend this class but i’ve read a lot of good stuff from this thread that proves why a warrior is not OP. i’m sure the dev’s will notice it too.

in the end, we all get what we deserve. :-)

(edited by Valentin.2073)

in PvP

ahuba.6430

Except, I am an experienced player

Dude, you havent played a team queue since june and you haven’t played a solo queue since august… thats some experienced player…. And you come here with your “hurr im experienced and a good playerr hurr hurr”, seriously…

That’s it, i give up from this thread lol most people posting here dont even play tpvp….

(edited by ahuba.6430)