Warrior Resistance or Nec Corrupt too much?

in PvP

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Q:

Hey guys,

I’ve been wondering. I’ve lately been playing warrior quite alot. Something that plays on my nerves is necromancers with their boon corrupt. We as warriors have to rely an awful lot on resistance. Yes we can take Cleansing Ire, but only a tanky setup can take that. Next to that, we have very few real on demand condition removal.

Now I don’t want this to be a complaint, but I’dd rather hear your opinions about it. Do you think necromancers have too much easy access too boon corrupt? Or does warrior need real condition removal and not just resistance? Or ofcourse, should I “learn to play”?

Thanks in advance

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

The necro meta build, which has acces to a lot of boon removal, struggles on consistently corrupting warrs resistance. Without cleansing ire you’re dead tho, not because necs corrupt your resistance but because they force you zerk stance very early, bait it and kill you. You should be running cleansing ire no matter what, warrs are tanky enough with adrenal health

M I L K B O I S

in PvP

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

The reason why necros have this “much” boon corrupt hasnt anything to do with warriors. It comes from the time when boon stacking was out of control (and maybe still is?).

For the question wehter necros have to much boon corrupt or not… i am not sure but i am certain that currently warriors should win against necros in 1v1s assuming same skill level and a fair fight. Though this changes in 2v2s when the necro gets some proper teammate that can peel and support him.

in PvP

Posted by: SidewayS.3789

SidewayS.3789

To laugh or not to laugh, this is the question. We are at the bottom,alongside with ele this season, and you consider us strong? Yes, in your case its “Learn to play” and i’m sorry by saying this. Our boon corruption is at good in a fight for like 2-3 secs, before enemies will be full with boons for other classes.

[Main]Kappy Ry – Asura Guardian [~You are all,Bookahs !!!~]
[Second Main]Korvus Mistreaver – Charr Revenant [~I’m blind not deaf~]
[Third Main] Vladdz – Asura Engineer [~In due times, all will serve asura~]

in PvP

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Its quite easy, The V.

You run cleansing ire against a team with 2+ condition-dps (necro, warrior, mesmer are atm mostly condi builds). And you switch to rousing resilience against stun-heavy groups with lots of DHs. If theres more than 2 DH/druids on enemy team, you can swap in Outrage for even more stunbreaking…

Necromancer’s boon corrupt ability is absolutely defining for that profession, and has been for more than 2 years now. Removing it, reducing it… would simply completly destroy necromancer and reduce that profession to where they were during first two years of pvp… you think warrior/thief were hated on in the past? You havent played necro since beta then… until corruption change, necros were reviled. I got hate-ig-mails from whole GUILDS because I dared to play necromancer in arenas.

So, actually… necromancer atm is at a level where every other profession should be. Necromancer atm is pretty much perfect. No changes needed.

WARRIOR on the other hand… rousing resilience should be nerfed. Shouts should be buffed, arcing slice radius has to be decreased, Smash Brawler trait has to be changed to something like longer berserker modus instead of reduced cooldown on berserker burst skills.

So warrior needs a bit more tweaking (but not too much!), necromancer is fine.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Reapers absolutely have too much corruption. But this is a problem overall with the game. Too much of something given to certain specs. Reapers have too much boon corruption, Berserkers have too much resistance, Daredevils have too many evades, Chronomancers have too many illusions, Druids have too much pet damage, etc.

The problem right now though with Reapers is that while they have too much condition damage and corruption, they really lack in sustain. Literally their only sustain are two dodges, with no access to vigor. They can choose protection boon skills (Spectral Armor), a teleport (Flesh Wurm), “Rise” and other skills that can help them survive, but it’s not enough. With all other professions having too much offence, Reapers die extremely easily unless you can position yourself perfectly and kite well. Have you ever noticed that the best professions every season are the ones who can sustain themselves against the insane offensive pressure? With too much offence, you need too much defence to survive. If excessive damage was reduced, excessive sustain would also need to be reduced to maintain balance. But that’s not the case. Sure there’s technically a balance, but it’s not a good balance. Pre June 2015, balance was better. It was a “good” balance you could say.

If they want to make Reaper’s balanced, they need to reduce the excessive offence in the game, and also reduce the excessive defence at the same time. But in the case of Reapers, they only need an offence reduction, not a defence reduction. Reapers are supposed to be the attrition profession. They should live a long time, but not do as much damage as others.

So don’t fret if you can’t beat Reapers 1v1. That’s where they thrive because their attrition is maximized, but in a teamfight, it’s difficult for a reaper to escape, so focus them. As long as they’re focused, it’ll be nearly impossible for them to corrupt your boons.

In 1v1s, block shroud 4, dodge shroud 5, and stun them when they don’t have stability and when you want to burst. You’ll probably be hit by their Marks. Don’t worry about that. They all have the same animation, but they often use the fear Mark first and then the chill one. So if they switch to staff and you can see a staff cast, it’s probably fear. Berserker stance is best used when you want to put high pressure on them. They have few ways of getting away from you since they can’t apply movement conditions to you. They have a passive trait that applies Spectral Armor at 50% hp. Stop attacking them when you see that so they don’t get as much shroud. Note that you cannot block Marks and the Warhorn daze. They might use Shroud 2 just to get away from you. If they do and you can’t get back onto them, use LoS. You might still get hit by Marks, but they can’t use anything else from that far. The main idea is to constantly apply pressure, dodge the right skills and hit with burst skills to cleanse conditions and maintain Adrenal Health. If you do that, you might out attrition them!

One last thing, if you’re running the Diviner’s/Seeker’s, good luck! You can stay on them more, but you’ll always have slow and chill on you.

in PvP

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

To laugh or not to laugh, this is the question. We are at the bottom,alongside with ele this season, and you consider us strong? Yes, in your case its “Learn to play” and i’m sorry by saying this. Our boon corruption is at good in a fight for like 2-3 secs, before enemies will be full with boons for other classes.

I am not saying reaper is too strong. I know reaper is quite low in the foodchain. I am only discussing the boon corruption, not the overall class. I did not say necromancers are strong overall, they do need buffs, mainly in their sustain.

On the others who replied, thank you for your input

@Yasi: Ye that’s what I’ve been doing for a long time

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

(edited by The V.8759)

in PvP

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Boon corrupt is the only role a necro’s got in PvP at the moment. Without it or weaken it, there would be no reason at all for any PvP team to take a necro. And at the moment at higher level gameplay, most teams already don’t utilize a necro as-is.

On top of that, currently boon corrupt is one of the better ways at countering classes such as warriors, scrappers, druids, revs, and guardians…all classes with very high boon uptime (especially damage reduction boons such as protection & resistance). You have to think overall balance, what would happen if you reduce or weaken boon corrupt.

I mean if you really want an example, go watch the most recent pro tournament. I forgot which teams were playing but neither had a necro, they played power vs power for two rounds. Those rounds ran the duration of map’s time limit, they were some of the most boring, long drawn out fights. Twitch chat was filled with complaints and laughter about how badly that particular match was played. That, is what happens when you take boon corrupt & necros out of the equation… long, boring, drawn out fights where people don’t die. Like it or not, necros help break up fights. Well at the moment, necros go downstate very often due to Anet’s insistence that we get no active defense. But necros have the ability to end fights one way or the other. For most people that’s actually a good thing.

As someone who always preferred a power reaper’s style of gameplay, I would totally be ok if Anet nerfed corrupt boons but at the same time reined in the era of crazy boons & high mitigation that HoT expansion introduced. I would love to go back to playing more of a power necro playstyle, because at the moment power reaper is not viable in PvP against competent opponents. If you want to take some of that corrupt boons away, make sure you give some back and give us more viable builds again.

(edited by gavyne.6847)

in PvP

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

First I want to argue that a lot of the boon corrupts are not cheap. The most common build run triple traited signets. Most signets with the exception of plague signet are acually bad and even plague signet pulls conditions to the user (even at the most stupid moments) . So for that boon corruption you sacrifice 1 grandmaster trait, your heal slot and 2 utility slots. Some variations of the build go even further and either revert back to core or go blood magic for more corruption. The only cheap boon corrupt is on scepter but the anti boon pressure it gives is low (even though I don’t like the skill). For the rest you have an additional boon removal in chill of death.

Second thing to mention is the amount of boons currently in the game. The amount is ridicously high. So a counter to it would be nice the only class really pushed towards this role is necro. Boons really don’t need to be more unchecked.

Also the boon corrupt is the only thing what keeps necro somewhat viable, we don’t have the boon output ,the mobility , …. . The only thing we can do is make sure the enemy doesn’t have it either so corrupting is mostly our only option.

EverythingOP

in PvP

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I don’t know what to say to the OP here. But i’ll try. As necro main i find this post completely 180 degree from the reality.

Warriors have insane stability uptime, pulsing resistance and 0 damage panic button. In 1v1 condi necro gets wrecked before he evan manages to fart out a good poison, because condi necro has either terrible sustain, or terrible condi damage because he slotted sustain skills.

First and foremost necro (especially condi!) needs time to get his damage going, while warr is a kill’em fast rusher that can open the fight up with total immunity to conditions and/or damage and/or cc. Even if we do corrupt resistance, the stance is pulsing it again in 3 sec, and it’s either landing another corrupt or hoping you’re a power necro else you’re gonna have a very bad day.

without necro to corrupt warr can literally go godmode with instane stab, 0 damage endure pain and berserker stance. And warr is the prime burst damage profession next to thief, so a good warr can get the job done before they go off.

in PvP

Posted by: Falan.1839

Falan.1839

Warr is still borderline op with the reg potential + 2x endure pain, and huge block from the shield, +2x resistance, paired with insane pressure (condi, physical or even hybrid, anything goes on warr).

Nec meanwhile is in an extremely tight spot due to it being left out of the massive upscale of immunities, blocks, dodges etc. and the nerf of team sustain on ele, so it is the focus target #1 and usually melts easily under focused pressure. The boon corrupt and downed pressure are the things nec still has and make it viable, so if a nec kittens on a warri by corrupting resistance once in a while it is very, very well deserved and a view to enjoy.

And no, I don’t play Nec.

Caissech / Falásya

in PvP

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

Warriors straight hardcounter necros. A corruption reaper playing his corrupts perfectly is still going to be fighting at a massive disadvantage to a warrior. Necros simply do not have the damage mitigation to handle a warrior and lack the disengages to escape.

Boon corrupts are fine and in this current meta are the only thing that even makes necroes useful.

And lord help any necro not running a corruption build, as a non-corruption necro will have trouble getting a warrior below 90%.

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

in PvP

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

How do you not beat a necro? I’m not being mean or trying to make you feel bad i’m honestly wondering. Using everything I have I can SOMETIMES get a warrior to 80% health before he kills me, but generally that is only if he has terrible dodge timing. Usually he is at 90% or more health at the end of the fight. Warriors have 3-4 total damage immunities, 40+ seconds of resistance and tick a heal equal to 8 stacks of bleed every second. On top of that they burst almost as much as a thief and have multiple stuns and blocks.

If there is some secret strategy to make warriors lose, please share!

in PvP

Posted by: havoktwo.2147

havoktwo.2147

How do you not beat a necro? I’m not being mean or trying to make you feel bad i’m honestly wondering. Using everything I have I can SOMETIMES get a warrior to 80% health before he kills me, but generally that is only if he has terrible dodge timing. Usually he is at 90% or more health at the end of the fight. Warriors have 3-4 total damage immunities, 40+ seconds of resistance and tick a heal equal to 8 stacks of bleed every second. On top of that they burst almost as much as a thief and have multiple stuns and blocks.

If there is some secret strategy to make warriors lose, please share!

Bit exaggerated there mate.

40+ sec of resistance lol.

in PvP

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Well game is based on easy gimmicks, it helps the bad players to with a skill ratation and simple dodges, that is what gw2 is about, players just need to play what is super effective, it is not a much players kills game since easy gimmicks also help new players and bad players, it is a game for everyone.

It is all about who plays better the gimmick.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in PvP

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Necros are most dangerous when they are not pressured. If you are not focusing enemy necros early and often, you will regret it.

Osu

in PvP

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

I remember discussing zerker stance on the forums at the time when it did not give pulsing resistance, but flat out physically made it impossible for conditions to be applied. Warriors of course wanted to keep it this way. The reason it was changed is that in the matchup against a condi necro (and many other condi builds) it basically made it a default win for the warrior, assuming he ran a power build: you had 8 seconds to pummel on the necro who could neither do anything to you or run away (since necros have no mobility). The matchup was not quite as skewed with condi builds on other professions, but still allowed for very little active counterplay other than simply running away from the warrior.