Warrior is not allowed to be OP

in PvP

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

But in the reality is all other classes can be, just look at the core game mechanics here and see why the problem of the warrior moslty is not in the core of the warrior mechanics but instead in the other classes mechanics, making the warrior a class that does not belong to this game entirely.

Lets see :

-Most of the classes can generate boons through weapon skills , warrior cant…

-Most of the classes have evades or teleports on weapons skills, even stealths…. warrior dosent.

-Most of the classes have burst skills that can be used while moving and do pretty good damage…. warrior dosent

-Talking about this burst skills again, other classes can make burst from a really long distance, they are instants, they can do it from stealth or the burst comes from an npc that is not controled to the player, warrior dosent have any of this.

-No other class have telegraphed skills… warrior has (yay!! at least warriors have something they dont!!!)

-Other classes have acces to be bunkers, they can regenerate through everything,have acces to protection, aegis or vigor, warrior cant have any of those, even when its very justified to warriors have protection because of their heavy armor status they cant.

-Other classes have great acces to conditions, warrior has acces to bleeds and burning, but even if you build around conditions the damage it isnt great and you are better being an archer from a far relying on the other people to do the work for you, and really 2 conditions?… while necros can spam the hell out of everything and even engis.

-Other classes have heals that are balanced around their healthpools and have great utlities on them they cure condis or block or even evade… warrior again dosent have anythin, as a matter of fact, every healing skill of warrior are terrible and in very unjustified long cd.

-Other classes can heal from other weapon skills utlities… warrior cant heal from weapon skills, and through utilities you need to expend 30 points in tactics to health a pity amount with shouts, its just terrible.

Im sure im forgeting some OP mechanics that other classes have and warrior dosent but i cant remember right now.

Lets see what a warrior can do to these classes:

Stun them? not a chance baby, teleports for the win, even on weapon skills.

Go melee?, not a chance again, chills,criple,inmovilize,stuns are looking at you…

Gap closers?, sure savage leap is good but is on a lame weapon that when you are close to the target you cant do any damage to them and guess…. teleports for the win…

Stealth!, one of the most anoying things, use your shield to prevent the burst from stealth sure!, block, block, block, block…. damm block is off…. BACKSTAB!!! 80% of your health bar is gone now!

Again stealth… where is this guy?… hea ppears in front of you, oh kitten, is a clone!, LETS TARGET THE REAL ONE!, I KNOW WHERE HE IS NOW!…. Tab….Tab….Tab….. TAB….. TAB…. OMG im going to click, this kitten is not working…..im dead…

You are going to kill someone this time, and then attune to water and starts healing like a mad, he is now full health again ready to kick your kitten ….

You are going to kill this time again, then the thief decides its time to escape… stealth…. a couple of seconds later he is back with full health.

You try to kill a ranger now, sure they can be beaten they are allways QQ in the forums that they are bad etc, lets see… you start landing your best attacks and he is yous enduring everything, regenerating every damage you are doing,, wait you can poison him… sure why not… oh wait.

There are so many OP mechanics on this game that is going to get really long to list them all, but i know people have an idea of what im talking about even if they play stupid pretending they dont.

Warrior is not allowed to be OP, devs are afraid of doing a lot of changes to the class so they can counter all of this OP mechanics other classes have, they are not allowed, and i dont know why, is not like the game is going to be more messed up than it is now with all of this stuff i said and more i dont said… it seems warrior is the only class that is some sort of balanced but i doubt they are going to bring the other classes to the level of the warrior, they cant in fact because core mechanics in those classes are OP by design, they cant be changed, warrior was created with another mentality, a view that dosent belong to this game.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

But in the reality is all other classes can be, just look at the core game mechanics here and see why the problem of the warrior moslty is not in the core of the warrior mechanics but instead in the other classes mechanics, making the warrior a class that does not belong to this game entirely.

Lets see :

-Most of the classes can generate boons through weapon skills , warrior cant…

-Most of the classes have evades or teleports on weapons skills, even stealths…. warrior dosent.

-Most of the classes have burst skills that can be used while moving and do pretty good damage…. warrior dosent

-Talking about this burst skills again, other classes can make burst from a really long distance, they are instants, they can do it from stealth or the burst comes from an npc that is not controled to the player, warrior dosent have any of this.

-No other class have telegraphed skills… warrior has (yay!! at least warriors have something they dont!!!)

-Other classes have acces to be bunkers, they can regenerate through everything,have acces to protection, aegis or vigor, warrior cant have any of those, even when its very justified to warriors have protection because of their heavy armor status they cant.

-Other classes have great acces to conditions, warrior has acces to bleeds and burning, but even if you build around conditions the damage it isnt great and you are better being an archer from a far relying on the other people to do the work for you, and really 2 conditions?… while necros can spam the hell out of everything and even engis.

-Other classes have heals that are balanced around their healthpools and have great utlities on them they cure condis or block or even evade… warrior again dosent have anythin, as a matter of fact, every healing skill of warrior are terrible and in very unjustified long cd.

-Other classes can heal from other weapon skills utlities… warrior cant heal from weapon skills, and through utilities you need to expend 30 points in tactics to health a pity amount with shouts, its just terrible.

Im sure im forgeting some OP mechanics that other classes have and warrior dosent but i cant remember right now.

Lets see what a warrior can do to these classes:

Stun them? not a chance baby, teleports for the win, even on weapon skills.

Go melee?, not a chance again, chills,criple,inmovilize,stuns are looking at you…

Gap closers?, sure savage leap is good but is on a lame weapon that when you are close to the target you cant do any damage to them and guess…. teleports for the win…

Stealth!, one of the most anoying things, use your shield to prevent the burst from stealth sure!, block, block, block, block…. damm block is off…. BACKSTAB!!! 80% of your health bar is gone now!

Again stealth… where is this guy?… hea ppears in front of you, oh kitten, is a clone!, LETS TARGET THE REAL ONE!, I KNOW WHERE HE IS NOW!…. Tab….Tab….Tab….. TAB….. TAB…. OMG im going to click, this kitten is not working…..im dead…

You are going to kill someone this time, and then attune to water and starts healing like a mad, he is now full health again ready to kick your kitten ….

You are going to kill this time again, then the thief decides its time to escape… stealth…. a couple of seconds later he is back with full health.

You try to kill a ranger now, sure they can be beaten they are allways QQ in the forums that they are bad etc, lets see… you start landing your best attacks and he is yous enduring everything, regenerating every damage you are doing,, wait you can poison him… sure why not… oh wait.

There are so many OP mechanics on this game that is going to get really long to list them all, but i know people have an idea of what im talking about even if they play stupid pretending they dont.

Warrior is not allowed to be OP, devs are afraid of doing a lot of changes to the class so they can counter all of this OP mechanics other classes have, they are not allowed, and i dont know why, is not like the game is going to be more messed up than it is now with all of this stuff i said and more i dont said… it seems warrior is the only class that is some sort of balanced but i doubt they are going to bring the other classes to the level of the warrior, they cant in fact because core mechanics in those classes are OP by design, they cant be changed, warrior was created with another mentality, a view that dosent belong to this game.

Warrior also can’t remove conditions

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in PvP

Posted by: Krilce.7864

Krilce.7864

Warrior has a lot of condition removal, even more than most of the other professions…

On topic, it’s all true, and to be honest, I’d like a warrior to stay like that, and see other professions brought down to warrior level. Too much AoE, too high ranged damage in general, too much boon and condi spam, too many evades and teleports, too much self sustain,where there is not real need for support oriented builds, unless you are bringing a warrior in your team comp that is, too many instant skills and powerful skills on low cd, oh, yeah, too much RNG.

Risk – reward ratio is totally off too. You can stay at range, crap on ppl by just spamming every AoE that isn’t on CD, and bring whole team down. It’s ranged AoE, it should’ve never been as powerful as single target melee skills. One of the problems is also map balance, where there are so many edges and walls where you can stand on and cast undisturbed, because no melee profession can reach you.

Healing and support without directly speccing for it should’ve never been allowed. That means that certain builds can have very high healing and damage mitigation uptime, and bring enough damage, especially in form of AoE, so they can be useful even in that field. Warriors can’t do that. You can’t spec for damage and have high sustain, and vice versa. You can spec for support if you want, but you’ll be doing nothing else, and you’ll get outshined by other professions that aren’t even specing for it, through high access of water fields and blast finishers, along with high vigor and protection uptime.

Too put it simply, warrior can be specced for only one thing at a time(which is actually a good thing,), which is not the case for most other professions.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

in PvP

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

You need to learn to be completely accurate and make suggestions not just exaggerated complaints.

Just to list a few exaggerations right off the bat.

“Most of the classes have evades or teleports on weapons skills, even stealths…. warrior dosent.”

-GS Whirl is an evade.

“Most of the classes have burst skills that can be used while moving and do pretty good damage…. warrior dosent”

-Final Thrust, Eviscerate, Skull Crack, Earthshaker, etc

I want the Warrior profession to get some love too, but you aren’t going to help get it by being inaccurate.

I personally don’t think the Warrior needs much, I think the Warrior is the balanced profession and the others need to be toned down, AOE condi toned down, AOE in general toned down, etc. If these changes happened it would make the Warrior a lot stronger.

Also I think like I mentioned in another post, adrenaline/burst skills need to be reworked to spend the adrenaline immediately upon activating the skill instead of waiting until it lands to dump and then retaining it if you miss. This would fix Cleansing Ire so that it was an amazing trait with every weapon, not just ok/mediocre (lets be honest its not helping a full melee build if the condition I need off includes blind) at most and great with Longbow.

Healing signet passive should be buffed to at least 300+/tic.

Reduce the cooldowns on the other heals slightly.

Change Surge to always heal the full amount and give adrenaline. The adrenaline requirement completely screws it up, you mean I can’t use my trait to get my poison off before I use this long cooldown heal?

That’s about it. Start there, real small.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

(edited by Velron.3729)

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

You need to learn to be completely accurate and make suggestions not just exaggerated complaints.

Just to list a few exaggerations right off the bat.

“Most of the classes have evades or teleports on weapons skills, even stealths…. warrior dosent.”

-GS Whirl is an evade.

“Most of the classes have burst skills that can be used while moving and do pretty good damage…. warrior dosent”

-Final Thrust, Eviscerate, Skull Crack, Earthshaker, etc

I want the Warrior profession to get some love too, but you aren’t going to help get it by being inaccurate.

I personally don’t think the Warrior needs much, I think the Warrior is the balanced profession and the others need to be toned down, AOE condi toned down, AOE in general toned down, etc. If these changes happened it would make the Warrior a lot stronger.

Also I think like I mentioned in another post, adrenaline/burst skills need to be reworked to spend the adrenaline immediately upon activating the skill instead of waiting until it lands to dump and then retaining it if you miss. This would fix Cleansing Ire so that it was an amazing trait with every weapon, not just ok/mediocre (lets be honest its not helping a full melee build if the condition I need off includes blind) at most and great with Longbow.

Healing signet passive should be buffed to at least 300+/tic.

Reduce the cooldowns on the other heals slightly.

Change Surge to always heal the full amount and give adrenaline. The adrenaline requirement completely screws it up, you mean I can’t use my trait to get my poison off before I use this long cooldown heal?

That’s about it. Start there, real small.

For moving burst I think he meant you can be moving while bursting. I think this would only encompass skull crack, final thrust from your list of a few. Other skills are movement skills, not skills that let you move. Just to clarify. Sorry for full quoting.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Arcing Slice (GS F1)
Skull Crack (Mace F1)
Combustive Shot (LongbowF1)
^ Can move and cast separately.

Eviscerate (Axe F1)
Earthshaker (Hammer F1)
^Moves you on cast (they are linked)

KillShot (Rifle F1)
Flurry (Sword F1)
^Stationary F1s

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

snip OP post

Alright! One at a time:

1) Most classes can generate boons through weapons, and the warrior is sadly without this ability… well, mostly. There are a few exceptions, like Warhorn and Axe offhand (yay, more fury!). Seriously, I think this is a reasonable issue.

2) Greatsword 3 has and evade component (part of the reason greatsword is so popular).

3) Eviscerate, Final Thrust, Greatsword 3, Longbow 3, Rifle 3 all do pretty darn good burst, even if they’re a bit tricky to land sometimes.

4) Rifle is THE warrior ranged burst weapon. Again, a little hard to land at times, but still solid damage if it connects.

5) Warriors have vigor via stances and warhorn, and is one of the reasons stances are so popular, along with the other, more obvious reasons (condi-reduction).

6) Yeah, condi-warriors typically suck. But hey, we have it better than condi-guardians! >_>

7) Warrior does have a condi-cleanse healing ability, but I agree that the heals are typically a little lopsided. Heals overall favor classes with smaller healthpools, and it is these classes that typically have access to damage reduction outside of toughness (protection, aegis, high evade uptime, etc.). This could use a boost on the Warrior, and maybe even a little on the Necro front. High HP classes need stronger heals if they don’t have access to greater damage prevention abilities.

8) Backtrack, I missed one: Other classes TOTALLY have telegraphs. Ele’s do their spinmove before they charge in fire, thieves stealth before backstabbing, do the loppy evade before S/D #3, mesmers wind up for almost ALL of their greatsword moves except the auto attack… the list goes on.

9) Classes that heal, at least well enough for it to matter, with skills other than #6 typically have at least a moderate investment in healing power (Elementalists with 30 water and Valkyrie gear, for example). If you want to pull off decent heals as a warrior, you need that Healing Power investment. It might not be great, but then at least your #6 heals for a passable amount XD.

Most of the other things addressed are situational to the point of my not caring about specifically addressing them. Basically, the warrior could stand maybe a little improvement (I’d like to see sword get some evasion, maybe have mace/hammer apply protection every now and again, things like that), but they have a lot more going for them than I think you give them credit for.

in PvP

Posted by: Prodigy.6971

Prodigy.6971

Arcing Slice (GS F1)
Skull Crack (Mace F1)

Eviscerate (Axe F1)
Earthshaker (Hammer F1)

KillShot (Rifle F1)
Flurry (Sword F1)
^Stationary F1s

Think he was talking about skills that do alot of damage, not necessarily F1 skills (Kill Shot, Hundred Blades, ect). You have to stand still for all of those. Only Final thrust is decent damage move that can be used while moving.

in PvP

Posted by: Defektive.7283

Defektive.7283

Arcing Slice (GS F1)
Skull Crack (Mace F1)

Eviscerate (Axe F1)
Earthshaker (Hammer F1)

KillShot (Rifle F1)
Flurry (Sword F1)
^Stationary F1s

Think he was talking about skills that do alot of damage, not necessarily F1 skills (Kill Shot, Hundred Blades, ect). You have to stand still for all of those. Only Final thrust is decent damage move that can be used while moving.

Oh ok. Then I suppose whirlwind may fit into that category? If that’s the case then yes we don’t have many attacks that deal spike damage on demand without having to be put on autopilot “fly to my target” mode.

tPvP Warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/defektive
Team Blacklisted [Envy]

in PvP

Posted by: Sixpool.9421

Sixpool.9421

I think if they actually fixed issues like Earthshaker missing because someone is standing on steps or because it was used from a higher point. OR eviscerate missing because someone simply walked out of its way. Adding in the constant blinds, protection buffs, and lack of sustain is what is keeping warriors in a bad place. An active dodge or block should be what allows competent players to avoid skills like these.

in PvP

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

Warrior’s problem are too much that i no even can enumerate.

- Fix this skills:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Please-Anet-Fix-these-skills/first#post2456524
- Give better heal:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/New-Stance-for-Warriors/first#post2418611
Or reduce CD of actual heal skills (Mending need be bs and instant cast, to break fear).
- Improve banners:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Think-we-will-ever-be-able-to-stow-banners/first#post2444645
- Mix similar traits and increase news traits:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Think-we-will-ever-be-able-to-stow-banners/first#post2444645
- Ajust weapons skills, giving adictional effects, mixing some and increasing news.

These are some possible steps to fix warrior

in PvP

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Why did they even nerf the axe dps? they was in a bad state before and worse now. i got a suggestion give them more dps revert axe nerf, increase hb dmg , revert zerkers power change or put empowered in strenght adept. This would significantly make them more useful in pvp.

in PvP

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Warrior does not need fixing. Other classes need fixing. They need a lot of cheese removed.

I won’t dive deeper into the problem at hand, because we could write walls and walls of text, because the problems this game has with pvp are so numerous, and at the end of the day, we wouldn’t make our point any clearer than what I’ve written above…

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Good luck trying to burst someone with arcing slice… while a mesmer can call of a bersekrer or a duelist and do like 6 times more damage (what is funny is that this berserker does more damage than the real warrior doing a whirlwind) and he can do it from range, from stealth whatever, or a thief landing you a surprise backstab lowering 80% of you hp in a single hit, or an elementalis, or whatever.

One of the problems with the warriors is a lot of fanboys play warrior.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in PvP

Posted by: Phantaram.1265

Phantaram.1265

Warrior does not need fixing. Other classes need fixing. They need a lot of cheese removed.

Agreed. I actually think warrior is pretty close to having a place even in this meta but some other classes are gonna need to be toned down (quite a bit) before warrior can make it in.

in PvP

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

+1, have been saying this for a long time.
edit: but that might just be too many work.

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

(edited by Lighter.5631)

in PvP

Posted by: Amaterasu.6280

Amaterasu.6280

How many lbs and what kind are you talking about?

Kuro – Thief – NA
Undercoverism [UC]

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

Have been theory-crafting a new build these days. I think warrior is very good now if you can play correctly with my new build, and I think we don’t need any buffs. If they buff the warrior, my build will become OP… and getting nerf because of the community’s complain. I don’t really want that happen to me because I theory-craft so hard lol…

regards.

(edited by Anastasis.7258)

in PvP

Lighter.5631

Have been theory-crafting a new build these days. I think warrior is very good now if you run my new build, and I think we don’t need any buffs. If they buff the warrior, my build will become OP… and getting nerf because the community’s complain. I don’t really want that happen to my warrior because I theory-craft so hard lol…

regards.

but which build you are talking about, i checked your thread, theres a few builds which are updated in the same date.

“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Anastasis.7258

Anastasis.7258

Have been theory-crafting a new build these days. I think warrior is very good now if you run my new build, and I think we don’t need any buffs. If they buff the warrior, my build will become OP… and getting nerf because the community’s complain. I don’t really want that happen to my warrior because I theory-craft so hard lol…

regards.

but which build you are talking about, i checked your thread, theres a few builds which are updated in the same date.

The one at the top, LB/Hammer

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Have been theory-crafting a new build these days. I think warrior is very good now if you can play correctly with my new build, and I think we don’t need any buffs. If they buff the warrior, my build will become OP… and getting nerf because of the community’s complain. I don’t really want that happen to me because I theory-craft so hard lol…

regards.

Either you are so big fanboy or you have a big ego that makes you dont want to admit that your class suck.

in PvP

Lighter.5631

regards.

The one at the top, LB/Hammer

haha, thanks, i do like it as a cc build compare to the mace shield sword mace build some one posted and it does fit in to the meta, love the cc combo(played with bullcharge for so long :P) while not missing lb awesome aoe support. but im not sure it will be op if they buff warrior tho, since i still think that gs/lb zerker is more awesome, i’d say its a nice alt of it.

-Excalibur.9748

in PvP

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Lb/Hammer??? Do you even mobility bro

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in PvP

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Other classes don’t have the damage potential warriors do. When your class can do 8k+ damage on rabid gear with one ability you can call me.

The only reason warriors aren’t shining is because they get shut down before they can unleash carnage. Let one run loose, people will die faster than if you let a thief do so.

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

Other classes don’t have the damage potential warriors do. When your class can do 8k+ damage on rabid gear with one ability you can call me.

The only reason warriors aren’t shining is because they get shut down before they can unleash carnage. Let one run loose, people will die faster than if you let a thief do so.

You are going to have to elaborate on that 8k damage ability, I can’t think of anything that can do that on rabid amulet. Like flurry will do maybe 6k+ with some might and even then it’s very easy to mitigate. If you spec’d 30 into strength for the condition duration to make it a 4s bleed then I guess you could hit 8k but that would be a very strange build with little defensive abilities beyond the toughness rabid amulet gives you.

(edited by Jzaku.9765)

in PvP

Sixpool.9421

LOL warriors are constantly on the bottom. You really think its player skill that is shutting all warriors down before they can be effective? Arena-net is terrified of giving them the skills to be interesting. Having a warrior on your team is a liability. Warriors are the easiest targets. Groups still look at us as a free rally for their team. There are other classes that can be played by average players better then a truely good player on a warrior. The only reason some of us have seen any kind of improvement lately is because poison isn’t actually working properly. This gives warriors the illusion of slightly more sustain. The fact that Warriors are the absolute least played class in tpvp is proof they need to be seriously looked at. Imagine a starcraft tournament with no zerg players. Nobody would doubt the balance is off.

in PvP

Posted by: Legacy.7360

Legacy.7360

Well played players can be very effective with warriors.

Give the Water works a break. In all honesty, many classes need some serious help.

L2play – Yes I Went there.

Guardian <3
Dragon
Platinnum – Zerker Guardian

in PvP

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Good warriors are effective at countering condition builds right now. After necromancer gets some nerfs, the class might start popping up in high-rated teams.

in PvP

Sixpool.9421

Give the Water works a break. In all honesty, many classes need some serious help.

Being effective and being useful are 2 different things. An axe can cut down a tree but a chainsaw is better at it. The entire warrior community is gonna hop on that learn to play thing. People like you are funny and wrong.

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

How does that work, a player beign played i mean… sounds like the matrix.

in PvP

Posted by: jayson.6512

jayson.6512

Warrior has a lot of condition removal, even more than most of the other professions…

On topic, it’s all true, and to be honest, I’d like a warrior to stay like that, and see other professions brought down to warrior level. Too much AoE, too high ranged damage in general, too much boon and condi spam, too many evades and teleports, too much self sustain,where there is not real need for support oriented builds, unless you are bringing a warrior in your team comp that is, too many instant skills and powerful skills on low cd, oh, yeah, too much RNG.

Risk – reward ratio is totally off too. You can stay at range, crap on ppl by just spamming every AoE that isn’t on CD, and bring whole team down. It’s ranged AoE, it should’ve never been as powerful as single target melee skills. One of the problems is also map balance, where there are so many edges and walls where you can stand on and cast undisturbed, because no melee profession can reach you.

Healing and support without directly speccing for it should’ve never been allowed. That means that certain builds can have very high healing and damage mitigation uptime, and bring enough damage, especially in form of AoE, so they can be useful even in that field. Warriors can’t do that. You can’t spec for damage and have high sustain, and vice versa. You can spec for support if you want, but you’ll be doing nothing else, and you’ll get outshined by other professions that aren’t even specing for it, through high access of water fields and blast finishers, along with high vigor and protection uptime.

Too put it simply, warrior can be specced for only one thing at a time(which is actually a good thing,), which is not the case for most other professions.

i agree with you if every class will be brought down to the warrior level spec to be support then you cant do more damage and spec for dps then you are a killing machine but not having a good sustain if only anet will fix other classes just like the warrior we don’t need to change anything from warrior class.

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

warriors are the ones you send to the front lines. The meat shield. You do not expect them to come back without a few broken bones and gashes.

Your warrior, is meant to die a glorious and brutal death on the field in order to pave the way for the rest of us.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in PvP

Sixpool.9421

warriors are the ones you send to the front lines. The meat shield. You do not expect them to come back without a few broken bones and gashes.

Your warrior, is meant to die a glorious and brutal death on the field in order to pave the way for the rest of us.

Totally agree, I just want to be able to take some of them with me.

in PvP

Posted by: Empathetic Fighter.2065

Empathetic Fighter.2065

Finally!
The main problem is the strenght of ranged AoE-dmg, which makes the risk-reward-ratio of being a melee nearly unbearable. This means the warrior can have endless condition-cleanse, but this won’t negate the fact, that he has to walk through all the AoE to get into 130 range. Besides that nearly every class has escape mechanics or CC’s, which makes it really difficult to stay in range.

Buffing the warrior won’t solve the issue / flaw of the design of other classes.

Read It Backwards [BooN]

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

This is like the quote of the week. I wish more “top players” shared this opinion and expressed it. I know at least some of them do….

in PvP

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Totally agree, I just want to be able to take some of them with me.

Let me introduce you to GLASS CANNON…. have your 18 seconds of glory today!

on a more serious note; you say you have issues with AOE, but you do have that shout/stance thingy that gives you 4 seconds of invulnerability + signet that gives unavoidable attacks. Thus you can burst down enemies, in 1v1 settings.

As for group, im not sure how many leap finishers warriors have, i barely bothered to play mine, but if you got enough leap finishers, Fire fields will give you “fire shield”. Which negates ranged damage to some extent. if you use 1-2 leap finishers through fields, you can effectively get a shield for your entire burst period.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

(edited by Prysin.8542)

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

Warriors just QQ all day. Most of the people who play warriors obviously have not even gone through and and read all their weapon skills and traits. Instead they just copy paste a build and when they cannot faceroll due to poor competency they come on forums and QQ.

Funniest post I read:

LOL, omg just LOL!

Warriors have condition removal on par with guardian with very little investment (Signet of Stamina and Berserker Stance). Their condition removal can far surpass even Guardian’s condition removal with sufficient investment.

If you trait warhorn you remove 2 conditions every 12 seconds along with free removal of cripple/chill/immobilize. On top of this you can trait to get free shake it off every 20 seconds if you have 2+ conditions. Even more on top of that you can trait cleansing ire to remove max 3 conditions with full adrenaline bar.

WTF are you talking about when you say Warriors don’t have condition removal.

This is just an example of the rampant ignorance in the warrior populace.

Just QQ more like a pro.

(edited by Geff.1930)

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

If you trait warhorn you remove 2 conditions every 12 seconds along with free removal of cripple/chill/immobilize. On top of this you can trait to get free shake it off every 20 seconds if you have 2+ conditions. Even more on top of that you can trait cleansing ire to remove max 3 conditions with full adrenaline bar.

Hope you don’t mind me expanding on this.

Berserker Stance removes all conditions and stops them being applied to you for 10 seconds…possibly 12 if you trait stances.
Signet of Stamina removes all conditions.
Restorative Strength – Removes chilled, immobilize and weakness on heal.
Mobile strikes – Any movement skill removes immobilize.

in PvP

Velron.3729

Berserker Stance removes all conditions and stops them being applied to you for 10 seconds…possibly 12 if you trait stances.

Sigh…you don’t have your facts right either.

People, please fact check before you make claims about how weak OR strong something is.

Berserker Stance removes ZERO conditions. It is preventative only. You cannot pop it after the conditions are already on you to make them fall off.

It lasts for 8 seconds, not 10…you may extend it up to 10 with traits.

in PvP

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Berserker Stance removes ZERO conditions. It is preventative only. You cannot pop it after the conditions are already on you to make them fall off.

Should learn your class then it reduces duration by 100% that means they are removed.

in PvP

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

Should learn your class then it reduces duration by 100% that means they are removed.

Ahahahaha
Ahahahahhahaha
Ahahahahahahahahaha

Hf.

in PvP

Posted by: Felxm.8063

Felxm.8063

It only reduces the duration of conditions applied after you use Berserker Stance, it does not remove any conditions from you when you use Berserker Stance. And the duration of Berserker Stance is 8sec without trait.

Learn the class first before telling others to L2P. Really laughable tbh…

in PvP

Fenrir.5493

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Stun-lock Warrior is OP. There, we have one.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in PvP

Velron.3729

Yeah, sorry man I’m definitely not the one that needs to learn.

AR works the same way as well for Engi, both only reduce INCOMING condition duration by 100%. It does not affect that which is already on you, you must cleanse those.

I’ve been playing with Berserker Stance consistently on my bar since the buff to it. I’m pretty sure I know what I’m talking about by now and there’s a reason I run Sig of Stamina with it – because without it I’m still covered in conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Geff.1930

Geff.1930

I wouldn’t have to expand on it if you read through all your traits or read my post carefully. I specified that it was a warhorn trait.

There is a warhorn trait that makes warhorn skills remove a condition when used, along with that it also reduces warhorn skill cooldowns. Warhorn 3 ability removes cripple/immobilize/chill by default. With the cooldown reduction those two warhorn skills are on a 12 sec cooldown.

I hope that is adequete explanation.

Berserker stance is 8 secs when untraited. It does not remove any conditions retroactively. It is preventative assuming your opponent does not have condition duration increases (i.e you will still be afflicted with conditions if the opponent has condition duration +% mods).

(edited by Geff.1930)

in PvP

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Berserker Stance does not effect conditions already applied to you, only ones that happen after.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in PvP

Posted by: jmatb.6307

jmatb.6307

try double sword and longbow with sigil of doom. nightmare runes.

it’s vicious

in PvP

Jzaku.9765

IZerker should clearly not do the same damage as the actual ww skill because it’s obviously a ranged attack with 0 risk for the mesmer.