Warrior nerf incoming?

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: drcraig.9403

drcraig.9403

If you’re anything like me you were happy to see the rework on the Strength trait line for warriors. I was so happy in fact I have traded in the watered down version of “Berserker” for core warrior and am pretty happy with it. So my question to Anet is, when I can I expect you to ruin it? For whatever reason warrior isn’t allowed to be “Meta” and I’m fine with that. I’m not fine with the fact that Anet just won’r allow people who play warrior to have something solid to play for any length of time. They have nerfed the warrior profession regularly since HoT to the point that it has no “elite” specialization anymore. Maybe that’s the way it should be. At least until PoF, am I right?

This isn’t a complaint just an honest question. Will core warrior as it is right now get nerfed into the ground when PoF releases?

I welcome feedback from other professions as well, which is why i didn’t post this on the warrior forum. Has Anet made your “elite” a joke? Is the core offering of your profession better the the elite? Please keep in mind this is a pvp forum. PvE is an entirely different discussion.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

I don’t see them nerfing the core warrior spec at launch, but it will likely be played less due to how strong spellbreaker is. (pending no changes from beta weekend)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

ButterPeanut.9746 I expect you’re correct on both counts. At this point with almost 90 views I got exactly what I expected. No replies other than yours. Goes to show, nobody is treated as poorly as the Warrior.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Let’s nerf the warrior.
Let’s drain the dried up lake.
Lets kill the dead man.
Lets gather resources in the void.

Do you see a trend?

I’m a warrior main, played it ever, and will, even if it’s just spite. Warriors rely entirely on their CC hitting. Dodge, block, or stability will break a warriors combi, and leaves us entirely vulnerable to slows, blinds, chills and cripple. Pretty much everything you can do to stay out of melee range

(edited by Amaimon.7823)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Amaimon.7823 Well said, I’m glad I caught it before I logged out.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Since spellbreaker purposely has burst skills that count as tier 1 and cannot hit tier 3, i think they don’t intend to touch core.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

ButterPeanut.9746 I expect you’re correct on both counts. At this point with almost 90 views I got exactly what I expected. No replies other than yours. Goes to show, nobody is treated as poorly as the Warrior.

You’re kidding right?

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Well no, I’m not. The fact that you offered absolutely nothing to refute my claim speaks volumes. Thanks for your complete lack of substance. Please take the last word, I’ve already wasted enough time on you.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

You’re kidding right?

Well no, I’m not. The fact that you offered absolutely nothing to refute my claim speaks volumes. Thanks for your complete lack of substance. Please take the last word, I’ve already wasted enough time on you.

I made an argument so vague that you can only say ‘what?’. And now that you said that I can say you can’t refute my claims. I win

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: CrashTheGrey.1492

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

I made an argument so vague that you can only say ‘what?’. And now that you said that I can say you can’t refute my claims. I win

Would have been 10/10 roast if you added a tips fedora at the end.

I main warrior. ArenaNet has been massively incompetent over the years in so many areas/classes, and for long periods of time, warrior has been very strong/too strong. Ori doesn’t need to make an argument because the overwhelming inaccuracy of “nobody is treated as poorly as warrior” is hilarious.

Warrior is certainly in a horrid spot, but come on, ArenaNet treats most classes with complete ineptitude at random. I think the real hilarious bit is how awful warrior was already before that berserker nerf.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

You’re kidding right?

I main warrior. ArenaNet has been massively incompetent over the years in so many areas/classes, and for long periods of time, warrior has been very strong/too strong. Ori doesn’t need to make an argument because the overwhelming inaccuracy of “nobody is treated as poorly as warrior” is hilarious.

Warrior is certainly in a horrid spot, but come on, ArenaNet treats most classes with complete ineptitude at random. I think the real hilarious bit is how awful warrior was already before that berserker nerf.

We already gave you an argument on why the warrior is so weak, if we can’t land our CC’s, we’re dead. We’re not in a tough fight, we’re dead.
If we come across a mesmer and they make the first move, we’re dead.
If we come across a ranger, we’re dead.
If we come across a thief and lady luck doesn’t plant him right where our hammer lands, we’re dead.
If we come across a revenant, 95% of all our attacks won’t even hit.
If we come across a guardian, they have a stability upkeep of 100%, occassionally with blocks, we dead.
If we come across another warrior, it’s becomes a dodge/block/stun race to see who’s faster at mashing their buttons.

But please, do tell me how the warrior is overpowered? Sure, if you get hit by our stun, we can finish you off. But be honest, how often is that for a competent player?

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

We already gave you an argument on why the warrior is so weak, if we can’t land our CC’s, we’re dead. We’re not in a tough fight, we’re dead.
If we come across a mesmer and they make the first move, we’re dead.
If we come across a ranger, we’re dead.
If we come across a thief and lady luck doesn’t plant him right where our hammer lands, we’re dead.
If we come across a revenant, 95% of all our attacks won’t even hit.
If we come across a guardian, they have a stability upkeep of 100%, occassionally with blocks, we dead.
If we come across another warrior, it’s becomes a dodge/block/stun race to see who’s faster at mashing their buttons.

But please, do tell me how the warrior is overpowered? Sure, if you get hit by our stun, we can finish you off. But be honest, how often is that for a competent player?

Buddy, you need to slow down and read carefully. I am in agreement that warrior is horrible right now for high level PvP. I did not say warrior was too strong now. In the past, it certainly has been.

(edited by CrashTheGrey.1492)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Sorry but saying you don’t need to make an argument, isn’t an argument. If you read my original post, I clearly ask for feedback from other professions. If Anet has taken your “Elite”, whatever it may be, and made it a complete joke I’d be interested in hearing it.

Lastly, until someone lists all the things I have to be happy about as a warrior main. I stand by my statement, nobody treated worse than a warrior. What other professions have be nerfed to the scrap heap?

Oh yeah, please don’t remind me how great Burnzerker was for those 2 or 3 months. I don’t care for condi builds.

(edited by drcraig.9403)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Sorry but saying you don’t need to make an argument, isn’t an argument. If you read my original post, I clearly ask for feedback from other professions. If Anet has taken your “Elite”, whatever it may be, and made it a complete joke I’d be interested in hearing it.

Lastly, until someone lists all the things I have to be happy about as a warrior main. I stand by my statement. What other professions have be nerfed to the scrap heap?

People are refuting your statement of “Goes to show, nobody is treated as poorly as the Warrior.” This is an exaggeration. There’s no argument, it’s speculation and its a joke.

I main warrior, and have very actively vocalized my issues with its current state and the changes to berserker. Context is lost on people.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Lastly, until someone lists all the things I have to be happy about as a warrior main. I stand by my statement. What other professions have be nerfed to the scrap heap?

People are refuting your statement of “Goes to show, nobody is treated as poorly as the Warrior.” This is an exaggeration. There’s no argument, it’s speculation and its a joke.

I main warrior, and have very actively vocalized my issues with its current state and the changes to berserker. Context is lost on people.

Speculation? Yet you didn’t answer a simple question. What other profession has been ruined the way warrior has? If you can’t answer that, maybe you’re the joke. Take the last word, try not to waste it.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Speculation? Yet you didn’t answer a simple question. What other profession has been ruined the way warrior has? If you can’t answer that, maybe you’re the joke. Take the last word, try not to waste it.

All of them have been ruined at different points in time, and since you’ve been living under a rock, and any player opinion is just that (opinion), please reference every single class sub forum. Maybe you weren’t around for ShoutBow and Hambow?

Every class in this game has been screwed by ArenaNet at different times, and it is not disproportionate to warrior. Mesmer is certainly strong now, but oh god has it always had awful PvP diversity and meta presence at time over the years. The stuff you are saying is vague and there is relativity to consider. Go grab a towel.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

Can we delete thieves instead?

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

All of them have been ruined at different points in time, and since you’ve been living under a rock, and any player opinion is just that (opinion), please reference every single class sub forum. Maybe you weren’t around for ShoutBow and Hambow?

Every class in this game has been screwed by ArenaNet at different times, and it is not disproportionate to warrior. Mesmer is certainly strong now, but oh god has it always had awful PvP diversity and meta presence at time over the years. The stuff you are saying is vague and there is relativity to consider. Go grab a towel.

Sorry Crash, I knew you’d waste it. In the future before you interject with whatever useless information you have you really should read the original post. I was specifically speaking about the last 2 years since HoT release. Maybe you’re the one who should grab a towel. I’d say thanks but……

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Sorry Crash, I knew you’d waste it. In the future before you interject with whatever useless information you have you really should read the original post. I was specifically speaking about the last 2 years since HoT release. Maybe you’re the one who should grab a towel. I’d say thanks but……

I feel sorry for you, I’m going to once again remind you that people, myself included, which I have tried to make abundantly clear multiple times, are refuting THIS statement, not your “original post”:

“nobody is treated as poorly as warrior”

Stop embarrassing yourself. I beg of you, learn how to read before posting on a forum.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

I feel sorry for you, I’m going to once again remind you that people, myself included, which I have tried to make abundantly clear multiple times, are refuting THIS statement, not your “original post”:

Stop embarrassing yourself. I beg of you, learn how to read before posting on a forum.

Haha my statement was an extension of my original post. HEELLLLOOOOO?? Anyone home?? Weren’t you the one who said “context is lost on people”? Boy were you right. Good luck in the future I have a feeling you’re really going to need it. LOL

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Haha my statement was an extension of my original post. HEELLLLOOOOO?? Anyone home?? Weren’t you the one who said “context is lost on people”? Boy were you right. Good luck in the future I have a feeling you’re really going to need it. LOL

Can’t tell if English is a second language for you, but I can tell you are full on triggered and it’s hilarious.

Look up the definition of a strawman argument. You’re talking in circles and bringing in stuff people don’t care about.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Can’t tell if English is a second language for you, but I can tell you are full on triggered and it’s hilarious.

Triggered?! You must be kidding, I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks!

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Triggered?! You must be kidding, I haven’t laughed this hard in a long time. Thanks!

Would you like to 1v1 me? While we’re going with strawmans, I can go ahead and beat you, record it, and post it as evidence that anything you possibly say is incorrect in light of me being better?

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Would you like to 1v1 me? While we’re going with strawmans, I can go ahead and beat you, record it, and post it as evidence that anything you possibly say is incorrect in light of me being better?

Oh my goodness, I love it! You are so salty right now I can almost taste it. I surrender, there you win our 1 v 1. LOL have a nice day, if you are able. lololol

(edited by drcraig.9403)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

To answer the main question in this post… expect a nerf to the grandmaster trait “Might Makes Right”. Hopefully the nerf is only a change to the amount of endurance gained. Something like changing it from 5 to 3 endurance gained per might should be enough. Adding anything like a internal cooldown would just destroy the trait.

I don’t think this will be nerfed prior to the expansion, and at that point you’ll have an actual elite specialization to play.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

To answer the main question in this post… expect a nerf to the grandmaster trait “Might Makes Right”. Hopefully the nerf is only a change to the amount of endurance gained. Something like changing it from 5 to 3 endurance gained per might should be enough. Adding anything like a internal cooldown would just destroy the trait.

I don’t think this will be nerfed prior to the expansion, and at that point you’ll have an actual elite specialization to play.

I was actually thinking the same thing. The endurance regen is pretty extreme, not that I’m complaining. Having an actual “elite” to play will be a nice change indeed.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

I also see berserker getting a buff because there’s a nearly 20,000 view thread of people absolutely giving Anet the business about it (My reasoning is also that someone on this team develops games and understands at a basic level that it’s wholly inferior from the evidence right in front of them).

OP is right about berserker being in a bad place, but has a crazy entitlement issue with Warrior being treated with bias/poorly since HoT. ArenaNet screws the pooch regularly, across all classes.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

You’re kidding right?

Oh my goodness, I love it! You are so salty right now I can almost taste it. I surrender, there you win our 1 v 1. LOL have a nice day, if you are able. lololol

Colleseum’s audience right now:

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

OP is right about berserker being in a bad place, but has a crazy entitlement issue with Warrior being treated with bias/poorly since HoT. ArenaNet screws the pooch regularly, across all classes.

Lies. Anet plays favorites.

Guards have needed a shave since pre-hot spec patch, and got ridiculously overpowered toys on top of the candy they had. 2 years down the line guard traps STILL aren’t split for pvp. Guards STILL have pve-damage-scaled instant activation traps ( and a f2 that will pull you into it MID DODGE. Because why pretend here ).

Or we can talk about the era of the unkillable turrets and all the skills involved in 25 turret teambuilds.

I played on the pvp preview weekend. I fully predict people to start the kittening on full revenge counter until it’s kitten right useless. and now some foofoo put a post asking for winds of disenchantment to be removed….before the skill is even in the frikking game!

While i’m looking forward to the new directions pvp will evolve , honestly i’m still on the fence about buying it or pulling out of guildwars2 forever. The cleanse nerf just before the xpac makes me feel like a beaten housewife that gets slapped around, but the husband is ALWAYS APOLOGETIC… and here’s some flowers and “gifts”.

Of course the “gifts” may turn out to be nerfed next month. There’s the rub : is the abuse by anet really worth forking 30 dollars to be treated this way ?

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Lies. Anet plays favorites.

Guards have needed a shave since pre-hot spec patch, and got ridiculously overpowered toys on top of the candy they had. 2 years down the line guard traps STILL aren’t split for pvp. Guards STILL have pve-damage-scaled instant activation traps ( and a f2 that will pull you into it MID DODGE. Because why pretend here ).

Or we can talk about the era of the unkillable turrets and all the skills involved in 25 turret teambuilds.

I played on the pvp preview weekend. I fully predict people to start the kittening on full revenge counter until it’s kitten right useless. and now some foofoo put a post asking for winds of disenchantment to be removed….before the skill is even in the frikking game!

While i’m looking forward to the new directions pvp will evolve , honestly i’m still on the fence about buying it or pulling out of guildwars2 forever. The cleanse nerf just before the xpac makes me feel like a beaten housewife that gets slapped around, but the husband is ALWAYS APOLOGETIC… and here’s some flowers and “gifts”.

Of course the “gifts” may turn out to be nerfed next month. There’s the rub : is the abuse by anet really worth forking 30 dollars to be treated this way ?

“Playing Favorites” is both different, and speculation. Good bye lootstick. Guardian is about the second least used class in competitive sPvP behind warrior. (I’ve had to dig up team rosters in the past, please don’t make me do it again).

Point being, thats just like, your opinion man. It’s not in Anets best interest to play favorites, mistakes happen and stuff gets blown out of proportion. Certainly not disputing that warrior is god awful for high level PvP.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

LOL but I lost. Crash is a superior pvp’er! Reading comprehension? Not so much.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

You’re kidding right?

Pay me 150 dollars an hour and I’ll go through hooked on phonics with you and teach you how to bait dodges. That’s discounted.

(The Irony is I fully agree with the sentiments of ArenaNet breaking stuff and warrior being horrible, just not the notions of motive or the weird confirmation bias I keep seeing).

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Pay me 150 dollars an hour and I’ll go through hooked on phonics with you and teach you how to bait dodges. That’s discounted.

LOL sorry, I have a better deal worked out with your mom.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Kaga.7629

Kaga.7629

Guardian is about the second least used class in competitive sPvP behind warrior. (I’ve had to dig up team rosters in the past, please don’t make me do it again).

Looking up “rosters” ? You’re using “esports” to back up your arguments?

I’m talking about real spvp, in the soloQ trenches . And there i can tell you it’s 1.5 guards per team ( on average) and it used to be much more in the past before bow shaves. In fact in the past two years there were definite times when guard stacking sorely determined match winners. So really, your “esports rosters/statistics” are just paper. Reality is entirely different.

Also defensive guard /w traps & condi is the number 1 bot build of guildwars2 . I know this because I investigated the bots last season. The build is THAT low cost/reward that it can be bot-programmed.

—Kaga Konikora (aka ze evil frostkeep defense director)
Beware, for Commander Kaga farms j00, ktrainer!
r.i.p [iLL] Maguuma

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

CrashTheGrey.1492

Guardian is about the second least used class in competitive sPvP behind warrior. (I’ve had to dig up team rosters in the past, please don’t make me do it again).

Looking up “rosters” ? You’re using “esports” to back up your arguments?

I’m talking about real spvp, in the soloQ trenches . And there i can tell you it’s 1.5 guards per team ( on average) and it used to be much more in the past before bow shaves. In fact in the past two years there were definite times when guard stacking sorely determined match winners. So really, your “esports rosters/statistics” are just paper. Reality is entirely different.

Also defensive guard /w traps & condi is the number 1 bot build of guildwars2 . I know this because I investigated the bots last season. The build is THAT low cost/reward that it can be bot-programmed.

I mean are we talking about bronze soloQ trenches? I firmly believe in ceiling level balance and yes, DH is faceroll and stupid but incredibly easy to dunk with some common sense and modest mechanical skill.

The reality, is that DH is good against baddies. It’s easy to play, puts out a lot of damage and has a lot of passive mitigation. I don’t seem them much, and when I do its a freebie. That reality also includes it being low skill ceiling, and easy to outplay.

It’s all relative. Giving credit where credit is due, DH is too strong in unskilled hands. You could make an argument that it is a favorite; a large percentage of players are victim to fighting passive, faceroll guardians, who often punch well above their weight with a couple nonsensical key presses. That is fair, I just try to see balance from what can be achieved on a class at a high percentile so that it all doesnt get mucked up and passive for such a majority of players.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Mesmer says hello. Warrior has often been the golden child of ANET. Perhaps you remember the days of 5 hambows rolling over everything in sight? Mesmer languishing in trash tier for close to 2 years…

But to address the point of nerfs. I don’t honestly think warrior is OP at this point. It’s frustrating that I can’t really damage them while in berserk mode. They also have a very heavy burst. On the other hand, unless the player is fairly good at it, I can usually take a warrior, ( on a core Mesmer build.) You kite them and then hammer them when there immunity wears off.

Mesmerising Girl

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

You’re kidding right?

Lastly, until someone lists all the things I have to be happy about as a warrior main. I stand by my statement, nobody treated worse than a warrior. What other professions have be nerfed to the scrap heap?

Oh yeah, please don’t remind me how great Burnzerker was for those 2 or 3 months. I don’t care for condi builds.

Look at mirage then…. This is why I can’t take you seriously. If you want to see a profession treated badly then look no further than mesmers. Our own class mechanic works against itself. Our kittening elite spec was designed around a name instead of a mechanic. We count ourselves lucky to not receive a nerf in every balance patch.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

just like to let y’all know the general sentiment in the warrior forums without over reacting.

we, that is warriors, spent a long while out of meta. so bad the class was not worth playing.
but then we got the AH buff. we were allowed a brief period of being meta after that. but then, we were slapped out of meta by the nerfbat, then nerfed again just for good measure. now our elite spec is debatably worse than core.

yeah, so our class blows and we feel shafted.
we don’t all think it’s a big conspiracy theory tho. some of us just think anet’s balance team is soo bad they should be called the imbalance team.

but yes mesmers, at least our special for the new expac is not a joke. it’s our current spec that’s been nerfed to joke level. so we are literally feeling the pain you are yet to feel. and let me tell you, it feels bad man.

#BASELINEFASTHANDS2017
#BESERKINGCOUNTSAST3BURST2017

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

Look at mirage then…. This is why I can’t take you seriously. If you want to see a profession treated badly then look no further than mesmers. Our own class mechanic works against itself. Our kittening elite spec was designed around a name instead of a mechanic. We count ourselves lucky to not receive a nerf in every balance patch.

You are pathetic. You have had the best class in the game for the last 2 years and are gonna cry because mirage isn’t better?

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

your mom

Forum PvP is a source of great joy.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

You’re kidding right?

(The Irony is I fully agree with the sentiments of ArenaNet breaking stuff and warrior being horrible, just not the notions of motive or the weird confirmation bias I keep seeing).

Weird confirmation bias, really? This from a guy who entered a conversation based on a single sentence and then decided to ignore the details from my original post. Gimme a break.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

The impression I’m getting from how anet has been balancing warrior lately is that:

1. they intend berseker to be a condi elite and Spellbreaker a phys dps elite.

2. they intend berserker to be the elite you use in pve and Spellbreaker the one you use in pvp and wvw.

So with that in mind, i don’t really feel the nerfs that were specific to berseker were such a bad thing since core wariror can replace it thanks to might makes right. And i do find it funny how the complaints went from “elite specs are purposely being made op by anet when compared to core!” to “anet is making the elites worse than core and therefore no longer elite!”

I get that it’s probably not the same crowed of people complaining and the people who wanted core to compete with the elite in pvp are now happy, but i can’t help but laugh at the 180. In fact, now the complaint about spellbreaker seems to be that it sucks because it’s not impressive at pve as condi berserker dps which is tied to how condi is governing raiding meta (which mind you, some people are mad about) yet while some complain about a condi meta in pvp, another side is mad that the condi war elite isn’t as good as the power core spec.

It’s all just so funny.

(edited by Kuya.6495)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

Mesmer says hello. Warrior has often been the golden child of ANET. Perhaps you remember the days of 5 hambows rolling over everything in sight? Mesmer languishing in trash tier for close to 2 years…

But to address the point of nerfs. I don’t honestly think warrior is OP at this point. It’s frustrating that I can’t really damage them while in berserk mode. They also have a very heavy burst. On the other hand, unless the player is fairly good at it, I can usually take a warrior, ( on a core Mesmer build.) You kite them and then hammer them when there immunity wears o ff.

Hey mesmer girl. I think people are missing that I’m talking about since HoT. I understand everyone gets a turn, good or bad. With the exception of a couple short windows warrior has been hurting for a pretty long while now. Mirage has gotten some bad reviews, sorry.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

your mom

Forum PvP is a source of great joy.

I know, but it wasn’t dirty. I tried perhaps to no avail to show some class.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

drcraig.9403

The impression I’m getting from how anet has been balancing warrior lately is that:

1. they intend berseker to be a condi elite and Spellbreaker a phys dps elite.

2. they intend berserker to be the elite you use in pve and Spellbreaker the one you use in pvp and wvw.

So with that in mind, i don’t really feel the nerfs that were specific to berseker were such a bad thing since core wariror can replace it thanks to might makes right. And i do find it funny how the complaints went from “elite specs are purposely being made op by anet when compared to core!” to “anet is making the elites worse than core and therefore no longer elite!”

I get that it’s probably not the same crowed of people complaining and the people who wanted core to compete with the elite in pvp are now happy, but i can’t help but laugh at the 180. In fact, now the complaint about spellbreaker seems to be that it sucks because it’s not impressive at pve as condi berserker dps which is tied to how condi is governing raiding meta (which mind you, some people are mad about) yet while some complain about a condi meta in pvp, another side is mad that the condi war elite isn’t as good as the power core spec.

It’s all just so funny.

Thanks for the feedback and I hope you’re right. I won’t feel nearly as disgusted if you are. I’ve heard that reaper and scourge could be in for this type of arrangement as well.

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

@Kuya

if anet is actually making is so one specialisation is for pve, and the other is for pvp. and are doing this by nerfing the ‘pve specs’ so much that they are not viable in PvP…..

then oh my gosh. if they are consciously doing that. I don’t know what to say. well, apart from that it’s the dumbest decision on earth.
why not have both specialisations viable in PvP and you know, have build diversity? like what is bad about that. why introduce more elite specs then make it so half of the specs only work in one gamemode. it’s such a dumb idea.

like, why not go the engineer route for all classes. both Holo and Scrapper are gonna be viable, and two really different choices.
why you wouldn’t want this for all classes is 100% beyond me. 1 spec for PvP and one for PvE, god what a dumb decision, I honestly hope that’s not the goal here.

like, as far as beserker goes. removing the primal burst CD nerf, and making it so going into beserk mode counts as a t3 burst would bring it back. it would be good again. it’s not super hard to creatively un-kitten it’s sustain, which is what was nerfed mostly.

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

You’re kidding right?

Last time I checked, the guardian had access to 4 seconds of stability every 55 seconds. or 8 seconds every 87 seconds with renewed focus.
If we come across a warrior and he hits bulls charge, we dead.

Optimise [OP]

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Yeah, that 4 CC rotation on 20 sec cooldown is SO low on CC…

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Amaimon.7823

You’re kidding right?

Last time I checked, the guardian had access to 4 seconds of stability every 55 seconds. or 8 seconds every 87 seconds with renewed focus.

Guardian drops his traps, then thethers the warrior, then spawns a circle of shields, all the while being able to continue his stream of dps, IF a warrior survives all that, then we can fire a headbutt yes or bulls charge, yes (although I prefer Stomp)

Warrior nerf incoming?

in PvP

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

You’re kidding right?

Guardian drops his traps, then thethers the warrior, then spawns a circle of shields, all the while being able to continue his stream of dps, IF a warrior survives all that, then we can fire a headbutt yes or bulls charge, yes (although I prefer Stomp)

I seem to remember this thing called endure pain… now stop whining.