Warrior, resistance and boon removal

in PvP

Posted by: Tomiyou.3790

Tomiyou.3790

This is probably going to get a lot of hate from warrior fanboys, since people from these forums can’t accept any kind of criticism. Applies to all professions, not just warrior mains.

Warrior in my opinion has way too much condition hate and resistance. (and dodging Arc Divider is pretty much impossible) Especially resistance wrecks condition classes that don’t have any boon removal. So any classes that aren’t necromancer, simply don’t stand a chance against warrior.
Just think about it, chrono is a rare exception, because a lot of its damage comes from physical damage on shatters, but that’s it. And to all those who disagree with me, try beating a good warrior with a condition build, that isn’t necromancer or mesmer. It is nigh impossible.

I can just see people picking one single statement from this post and bashing on it, rather than discussing the main point of this post: warriors has too much resistance and thus beating it with most condition specs is almost impossible, unless you also have good physical damage, which most condition builds unfortunately don’t have.

(edited by Tomiyou.3790)

in PvP

Posted by: BikeIsGone.8675

BikeIsGone.8675

Even necros and mesmers have a hard time against good warriors. Although a mesmer can somewhat manage (Still a very hard matchup that can go either way imo), a necro gets flat out gets deleted by a warri. Other than that, I gotta agree with you…Warri condi hate is a bit over the top.

I dont think that the main problem is the resistance though, but rather a combination of Cleansing Ire and Brawler’s Recovery in conjunction with Berserker mode. The synergy of these 3 is just insane. Not only can you weaponswap every 5 seconds (which already clears a condition thanks to Brawler’s Recovery) but with the generally fast adrenaline buildup in Berserker Mode and the low CDs of your burst skill you can essentially clear 3 conditions every 5 seconds thanks to Cleansing Ire. Resistance from Berserker-Stance is just the icing imo. I think an ICD on Cleansing Ire of a mere 10 seconds even, would help a lot with that…Without making condi-matchups unwinable for the warri.

(edited by BikeIsGone.8675)

in PvP

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

Dodging arc divider is impossible? I don’t know, to me it’s really obvious. Most wars spam it as soon as they enter berzerk mode. I can dodge it most of the time.

As far as most condi builds not having access to boon strip, that’s just untrue. Run a sigil of nullification. On top of that, thieves, mesmers, revenants, and necros have easy boon removal that they don’t need to go out of their way to get. Other professions have it too, but there’s probably too much opportunity cost. IE; engineer.

Overall, this really smells of a l2p problem, as warriors don’t have 100% resistance uptime at all. And as stated before, even if they did, there are many options for removing it.

And if you’re talking about wars winning 1v1’s, that’s pretty normal. War is probably the strongest 1v1 class there is at the moment, and the condition mitigation is only 1 factor in why they’re good. Wars in team fights don’t shine nearly as much. They’re pretty balanced.

I am a teef
:)

in PvP

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

This is probably going to get a lot of hate from warrior fanboys, since people from these forums can’t accept any kind of criticism. Applies to all professions, not just warrior mains.

Warrior in my opinion has way too much condition hate and resistance. (and dodging Arc Divider is pretty much impossible) Especially resistance wrecks condition classes that don’t have any boon removal. So any classes that aren’t necromancer, simply don’t stand a chance against warrior.
Just think about it, chrono is a rare exception, because a lot of its damage comes from physical damage on shatters, but that’s it. And to all those who disagree with me, try beating a good warrior with a condition build, that isn’t necromancer or mesmer. It is nigh impossible.

I can just see people picking one single statement from this post and bashing on it, rather than discussing the main point of this post: warriors has too much resistance and thus beating it with most condition specs is almost impossible, unless you also have good physical damage, which most condition builds unfortunately don’t have.

This is a really hard topic because it’s one of the few instances where berserker’s stance was like it is now, then was nerfed to resistance, then changed back to what it is currently again, so what happened?

Two extremes, the current berserker can handle most condition builds such as necros, but when berserkers stance was changed to strictly resistance when HoT came out, it was almost useless because one corruption from a necro rendered it obsolete and got wrecked by conditions.

in PvP

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

If you die for warrior, then I regret that you need to train more, just like I did, because warriors are in a level as they should be, and I play with core ranger yet.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

If you die for warrior, then I regret that you need to train more, just like I did, because warriors are in a level as they should be, and I play with core ranger yet.

Umm? What? I said that condition builds stand next to no chance against warrior as their conditions pretty much can’t even touch them. Way too much condition removal. I’m not saying “warrior is extremely broken and OP, anet nerf!”
Having a build that removes conditions more than the old Diamond Skin on ele isn’t healthy.

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

The unfortunate thing in this instance is that Warriors do not provide auras, aoe healing, protection, might or swiftness in the highest tiers of play. We do damage, have good to great mobility (when running power) and we have decent CC. That’s pretty much the only team utility we have.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

Dodging arc divider is impossible? I don’t know, to me it’s really obvious. Most wars spam it as soon as they enter berzerk mode. I can dodge it most of the time.

As far as most condi builds not having access to boon strip, that’s just untrue. Run a sigil of nullification. On top of that, thieves, mesmers, revenants, and necros have easy boon removal that they don’t need to go out of their way to get. Other professions have it too, but there’s probably too much opportunity cost. IE; engineer.

Overall, this really smells of a l2p problem, as warriors don’t have 100% resistance uptime at all. And as stated before, even if they did, there are many options for removing it.

And if you’re talking about wars winning 1v1’s, that’s pretty normal. War is probably the strongest 1v1 class there is at the moment, and the condition mitigation is only 1 factor in why they’re good. Wars in team fights don’t shine nearly as much. They’re pretty balanced.

First of all, nullification sigil is useless. Having it remove the Resistance is not an option, as the resistance on Berserker stance is pulsing and you are lucky if actual boon removing procs at just the right time, for it to remove resistance.
Secondly, mesmer and revenant do not have boon strip in their meta builds. Engineer would need to pick up some pretty bizarre skills to have access to it.
As for dodging the Arc Divider, yeah. I dodge it pretty much always when they swap into Berserk form. However, dodging it afterwards is a different thing, especially if warrior knows what he is doing.

Anyway, this is not at all a l2p issue, as warrior has lots of condition removal and is very hard to kill with conditions, for example, beating it with a condi engineer is pretty much impossible. Burn guard even worse, condi rev loses too.

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Umm? What? I said that condition builds stand next to no chance against warrior as their conditions pretty much can’t even touch them. Way too much condition removal. I’m not saying “warrior is extremely broken and OP, anet nerf!”
Having a build that removes conditions more than the old Diamond Skin on ele isn’t healthy.

I use a p/d condition thief build against warriors. He does pretty well against them with conditions.

Steal resistance then kite way using a combination of immobs and ports so as to ensure the burst can not be used as a cleanse. Now there are warriors that also trait cleanse on entering berserk mode but they are fewer .

This of course means you can be compromised if friendlies on your team are up close to the same allowing said warrior to get those bursts off.

This scenario also a place where condition duratiosn can come into play. I have noted many warriors relying on resistance allow a lot of stacks of conditions to build up on them. If you have longer durations you can get those stacks on then steal the resistance wherein they get hit by all those conditions at once. Obviously it does not work as well against better warriors.

As a heads up Sigil of Absorption has resistance removal as a priority. Your best bet with your Engineer is one of those used in conjunction with some interrupts , but it a hard fight.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

The unfortunate thing in this instance is that Warriors do not provide auras, aoe healing, protection, might or swiftness in the highest tiers of play. We do damage, have good to great mobility (when running power) and we have decent CC. That’s pretty much the only team utility we have.

This thread is about over abundance of condition removal on warrior. Not whether it has the abilities of other classes. Besides, eles throws away many thing to achieve the boons and healing it provides. Ele goes pretty much full bunker and heal to even stand a chance, while warrior picks 1 traitline and bam, you have very good sustain.
As for it having “team utility”, that is exactly the reason they are played 1v1. And in that 1v1, condition based builds can not beat them, unless the skills of the players in that 1v1 is vastly apart.

in PvP

Tomiyou.3790

I use a p/d condition thief build against warriors. He does pretty well against them with conditions.

Steal resistance then kite way using a combination of immobs and ports so as to ensure the burst can not be used as a cleanse. Now there are warriors that also trait cleanse on entering berserk mode but they are fewer .

This of course means you can be compromised if friendlies on your team are up close to the same allowing said warrior to get those bursts off.

As a heads up Sigil of Absorption has resistance removal as a priority.

Right, forgot about thief. Well, Steal is amazing and the daze + boon strip is actually the thing that is best about it. Unfortunately other classes don’t have its ability.
Berserker stance pulses Resistance so removing it once is useless. Resistance on Healing Signet, well, you’d be lucky if Sigil of Absorption isn’t on CD when the warrior uses it.

in PvP

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

As a heads up Sigil of Absorption has resistance removal as a priority.

Right, forgot about thief. Well, Steal is amazing and the daze + boon strip is actually the thing that is best about it. Unfortunately other classes don’t have its ability.
Berserker stance pulses Resistance so removing it once is useless. Resistance on Healing Signet, well, you’d be lucky if Sigil of Absorption isn’t on CD when the warrior uses it.

No cooldown on absorption but that said, I forgot this PvP topic. There no absorption there

A condition engie has no chance.

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This is such a load of bull.We have been able to cleanse like this since kittening hot came out.Besides l2p if you struggle with condi’s against a warri…PRO TIP,wait with your kittening conbi bombs untill he ran out of berserk util,the bursts afterwards can all be dodged…But i bet you gonna say now that the bursts are always a 100% hit rightttt.

in PvP

Posted by: Zagerus.8675

Zagerus.8675

This thread is about over abundance of condition removal on warrior. Not whether it has the abilities of other classes. Besides, eles throws away many thing to achieve the boons and healing it provides. Ele goes pretty much full bunker and heal to even stand a chance, while warrior picks 1 traitline and bam, you have very good sustain.
As for it having “team utility”, that is exactly the reason they are played 1v1. And in that 1v1, condition based builds can not beat them, unless the skills of the players in that 1v1 is vastly apart.

Yes but I would say that each niche having a counter is good game design. Honestly, as a Warrior it is hard to sustain against good necromancers because the good ones kite off point and use range to their advantage. I’m not sure why Warriors aren’t allowed to stand their ground in 1v1’s.

in PvP

Posted by: Ivantreil.3092

Ivantreil.3092

About the guy who mentioned engi having boon removal,

Here it is

A power based utility, wich your opponent has to step on it in order to remove 1 boon…

No condi engi in his senses would slot this utility at all, why would you do it?

Same thing goes for his toolbelt.

PvP Rifle Engi player no matter how dark the meta is.

Metabattle: Drunk Engineer build

in PvP

Posted by: Master Ketsu.4569

Master Ketsu.4569

I dunk warriors with condi all the time. Berserker’s stance is 9 seconds of resistance on a 60 second cooldown. Then healing signet is emergency 6 seconds, which means they have almost no healing for the next 20. If you can’t take advantage of a 45 second window you have a gitgud problem not a class problem.

FYI this is another shining example of you needing to play a class before crying it’s OP. I play warrior all the time, and have no troubles with warrior when I am on other classes because I know what warriors weaknesses are. Warriors have trash mobility with poor disengage. You can often just make them pop their immunities, kite them for a few seconds, then return to kitten on them.

OP is probably one of those necs that mindlessly spams all their condi skills onto a warrior at once and then cries when the war pops resist. You are bad. And you will continue to be bad until you learn to play a class before blaming the class. If you had actually bothered to learn warrior you would realize it has some of the most obvious animations and cooldowns in the game.

in PvP

The Game Slayer.7632

About the guy who mentioned engi having boon removal,

Here it is

A power based utility, wich your opponent has to step on it in order to remove 1 boon…

No condi engi in his senses would slot this utility at all, why would you do it?

Same thing goes for his toolbelt.

Please read my comment before adding literally nothing of value to the conversation.

Quoting myself here: “Other professions have it too, but there’s probably too much opportunity cost. IE; engineer.

I am a teef

in PvP

The Game Slayer.7632

First of all, nullification sigil is useless. Having it remove the Resistance is not an option, as the resistance on Berserker stance is pulsing and you are lucky if actual boon removing procs at just the right time, for it to remove resistance.

Ok, fair. I’m just trying to point out the different options and possibilities.

Secondly, mesmer and revenant do not have boon strip in their condi builds.

Ok, wrong. I fixed ‘meta’ to say condi, because that’s what we’re talking about here. Mesmer sword autoattack has boon strip. (lol.) Mallyx rev has as much boon strip as he desires. Don’t even bring up glint/shiro power, because that’s irrelevant.

Engineer would need to pick up some pretty bizarre skills to have access to it.

Yea, I know, I mentioned that myself.

As for dodging the Arc Divider, yeah. I dodge it pretty much always when they swap into Berserk form.

Good job!

However, dodging it afterwards is a different thing, especially if warrior knows what he is doing.

Sure, it’s a little less predictable than when he first enters berzerk mode, but this little part is still a l2p issue. If you can dodge more than half of his arc dividers, you’re taking away more than half of his condi cleanses, correct? That’s pretty good. This is also assuming he took cleansing ire, which is not a guarantee, at all.

Anyway, this is not at all a l2p issue, as warrior has lots of condition removal and is very hard to kill with conditions, for example, beating it with a condi engineer is pretty much impossible. Burn guard even worse, condi rev loses too.

Yea, but none of those builds are meta. And it’s not because warrior is the ONE profession they lose out to! It’s because they lose to a lot of things, and those builds are bad for other reasons as well.

All in all, I agree war could use some very small number shaving. But imo, it’s very balanced at the moment. It does it’s job, and it has weaknesses. (Team fights.)

I am a teef

in PvP

The Game Slayer.7632

Then why should warrior be nerfed if they are strong in one aspect of fighting and weak in another aspect? Seems balanced to me.

lol /thread

I am a teef

in PvP

Posted by: kdaddy.5431

kdaddy.5431

You mean like d/d condi which you wait for warrior to pop beserker stance and you shortbow away then jump back into the fight when its gone?

Or simply use the trait that removes boon on steal when the warrior uses its healing signet? Then again to dodge until your hearts content?

Maybe the burn guardian which still works great in 1 vs 1 with warrior because once again you pop the beserker stance. Use your shelter and renewed focus when they go into beserk mode and time your F3 accordingly.

Mesmer should already win the 1 vs 1 condi version

Necro with life force will win the 1 vs 1 and is already the better choice in team fights.

Ranger has already shown to have the counter 1 vs 1 build to stalemate condi warrior

Rev…….. OMG you got it. Rev can not beat condi warrior. Jeez you are right warrior is so OP!!!!!

Anet can we please get a symbol next to peoples names so we at least understand there struggle? Like if everyone on the forum is in silver and bronze division. BAM i understand the frustration but i feel Anet has a responsibility to show who is saying what so everyone can get a better understanding of what potentially be wrong.

in PvP

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

You mean like d/d condi which you wait for warrior to pop beserker stance and you shortbow away then jump back into the fight when its gone?

Or simply use the trait that removes boon on steal when the warrior uses its healing signet? Then again to dodge until your hearts content?

Maybe the burn guardian which still works great in 1 vs 1 with warrior because once again you pop the beserker stance. Use your shelter and renewed focus when they go into beserk mode and time your F3 accordingly.

Necro with life force will win the 1 vs 1 and is already the better choice in team fights.

Ranger has already shown to have the counter 1 vs 1 build to stalemate condi warrior

Rev…….. OMG you got it. Rev can not beat condi warrior. Jeez you are right warrior is so OP!!!!!

Anet can we please get a symbol next to peoples names so we at least understand there struggle? Like if everyone on the forum is in silver and bronze division. BAM i understand the frustration but i feel Anet has a responsibility to show who is saying what so everyone can get a better understanding of what potentially be wrong.

Before commenting, you should try to understand what the thread is talking about.

This is not about condi warrior. is about warriors dealing with condis…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Before commenting, you should try to understand what the thread is talking about.

This is not about condi warrior. is about warriors dealing with condis…

I totally understood what the OP said, he talked about warriors having to much resistance and i quote " So any classes that aren’t necromancer, simply don’t stand a chance against warrior."

I wrote down builds like d/d condi thief, burn guardian which can beat warrior. A player like Maygi this past season who ran to far every game playing d/d thief who got into high plat beat many warriors.

A burn guardian named kiritsuga emeya got into plat 2 and won 1 vs 1 vs warriors with a condi build.

Im using names because guess what people will know who they are and they played at a above average level. Like me they played against some of the top players in this game over and over again.

The OP ends it with condi builds wont beat warriors because they do no reg damage.

Im sorry but i listed off 2 builds i saw in plat 1-2 that worked. Especially against players in gold/silver/bronze.

Condi mesmer already will win the match up. Necro is already the better team fighter and can win the 1 vs 1 with life force. ( Im repeating myself since you didnt get it and even the Op addressed necros usefulness in this area)

That is 4 out of 8 classes that can beat warrior period. I bring up condi warrior since it would be the condi vs condi match up.

Please try to understand what im writing to get into a deeper conversation then warriors OP wha wha cry cry.

Im telling you and the OP guess what it has counters, most classes have the ability to counter it. If you cant you either struggle against the class or are not good enough.

There are many things i dont like on warrior but 9 sec of resistance plus 6 with a 60 sec cool down and a 30.

What are you even arguing right now?

in PvP

BikeIsGone.8675

You know, you have a bad argument, when you refer to condi thief, burn guard and specific 1v1 ranger builds, to make a point.

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

You know, you have a bad argument, when you refer to condi thief, burn guard and specific 1v1 ranger builds, to make a point.

Why?

The 2 players i mentioned got above a 1750 rating. The ranger build was used in the finals on the tournament that helseth and sind hosted.

Warrior only has 2 builds so how is naming MULTIPLE condi builds that can beat warriors in a 1 vs 1 not a good argument from what the OP said?

Please explain

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Each and every build in the meta has it’s OP’ness but also their weakness.
I agree, as a fellow warrior, it’s a low-risk, high-reward atm.

However, Warrior is kind of in the same boat as DH.
It destroys new to average players but experienced players (yes, even condi necro’s) can deal with Warriors head on.

I am certainly not a pro but when queue’ing I come across Necro’s (maybe alts?) which can just kite me around applying so much chill and cripple after Bers Mode is off, I literally need to disengage or swap with someone else.

I agree Warrior and DH needs tweaking if we are aiming towards a PvP made for everyone (making it noobfriendly and aiming for bigger community).

But Anet knowing, that means both classes (like Rev) will be handicapped too much.
Unless they offer other variants/builds for both to be useful in Conquest.

I do not care that much as Warrior is “only” my second main class.

A good player will defeat an average player, no matter class or build.
Let’s not forget this.

Over 70-80% of the kills I get on Warrior is due stupid mistakes mechanically, lack of insight in fights or bad rotations. (trying to rev downded while I cleave, condi-bombing while Bers Mode is on, using CC’s while stability, using burst while Endure the Pain,.. I can go on)

TL;DR: If I can suggest one thing, it’s making Berserker Stance and Endure the Pain being more visable to players.
Some sort of aura, like Berserker Mode, which is quite visible to see for enemy players. This will stop people (averages) from wasting their CD’s instead of looking at a small icon on top of the screen waiting for EtP and/or BS to pop. This will also grant an easier time for new players to learn what visuals they need to look at

Aura’s:

• Berserker Mode = RED aura
  • Endure the Pain = BLUE aura
  • Berserker Stance = YELLOW aura (like Vengeance)

Anet should just be carefull not to let it mix colors, otherwise you get a rainbow of clusterfluck of colors when all 3 are popped for some reason.
There are enough ways to make it visible.

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

(edited by Terrorsquad.2349)

in PvP

BikeIsGone.8675

Why?

The 2 players i mentioned got above a 1750 rating. The ranger build was used in the finals on the tournament that helseth and sind hosted.

Warrior only has 2 builds so how is naming MULTIPLE condi builds that can beat warriors in a 1 vs 1 not a good argument from what the OP said?

Please explain

Okay, then. I most likely will get called an advocate for meta-builds for this but idm.

Since I, personally, don’t know how well Burn-guard and D/D thief fare against Warriors, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here. So even IF those builds build’s beat warrior in a 1v1, a pickup of those over the current meta-build just isn’t justified.

Let me remind you, that we are talking about a 5v5 environment here, so gimping every other aspect of a class just to be able to take 1v1s is simply a mistake.

Just because a build excels at doing A, it’s not worth using if it is inferior to another variant that can do B-Z better. There is a reason WHY a meta exists.
People need to get over the fact, that their ‘special snowflake’-builds just don’t cut it.

In all honesty, even if the enemy team has a warrior, I would still pick a meta Thief / Guardian over what you suggested, cause they will perform better overall….and not just winning 1v1s against that 1 warrior.

in PvP

Posted by: clemaster.6408

clemaster.6408

warrior is only op for trash lvl player.
a lot of clas can beat a warrior (condi or power)

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Necros cant beat a warrior of equal skill level. It doesnt matter if you can corrupt boons against a class that can cleanse 3 conditions every 3 seconds never mind the ridiculous cc that can lock you in place plus other anti condition bs. I’ve been on both sides of that fight its ridiculous. Warriors are too strong against conditions period. It needs to be changed and I would bet anything come tommorrow it will change.

in PvP

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

I dunk warriors with condi all the time. Berserker’s stance is 9 seconds of resistance on a 60 second cooldown. Then healing signet is emergency 6 seconds, which means they have almost no healing for the next 20. If you can’t take advantage of a 45 second window you have a gitgud problem not a class problem.

FYI this is another shining example of you needing to play a class before crying it’s OP. I play warrior all the time, and have no troubles with warrior when I am on other classes because I know what warriors weaknesses are. Warriors have trash mobility with poor disengage. You can often just make them pop their immunities, kite them for a few seconds, then return to kitten on them.

OP is probably one of those necs that mindlessly spams all their condi skills onto a warrior at once and then cries when the war pops resist. You are bad. And you will continue to be bad until you learn to play a class before blaming the class. If you had actually bothered to learn warrior you would realize it has some of the most obvious animations and cooldowns in the game.

You must be facing morons because at a start of a fight if you have no life force built up how in the world are you going to stop a warrior from getting on you an making your life miserable in solo queue? All he has to do is bait a couple of dodges and you cant do kitten because he has pommel bash, shield bash, and head butt to make your life miserable. Once he lands head butt your done. He will kitten you with gs auto attacks alone. Warriors have poor mobility are you dumb? All the meta builds have 25% speed while wielding a melee weapon and they have 2 of the best movement skills in the game on GS are you for real? How can you disengage on a necro? He is generally faster then you will better movement skills? Anybody can beat bads. Someone your skill level on warrior you can’t beat him period with a condi necro. You are living in fantasy land.

(edited by steelheart.7386)

in PvP

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You must be facing morons because at a start of a fight if you have no life force built up how in the world are you going to stop a warrior from getting on you an making your life miserable in solo queue? All he has to do is bait a couple of dodges and you cant do kitten because he has pommel bash, shield bash, and head butt to make your life miserable. Once he lands head butt your done. He will kitten you with gs auto attacks alone. Warriors have poor mobility are you dumb? All the meta builds have 25% speed while wielding a melee weapon and they have 2 of the best movement skills in the game on GS are you for real? How can you disengage on a necro? He is generally faster then you will better movement skills? Anybody can beat bads. Someone your skill level on warrior you can’t beat him period with a condi necro. You are living in fantasy land.

He actually gave proper advice,it doesn’t mean that it will go like he said in every situation but nonetheless it’s solid advice.I beat most necs on my warr but occasionally i do see some that know how to bait out me wasting my berserk util,even seen a nec that was able to make my headbutt fail for quite some time by fear interrupting it mid way and able to properly dodge my bursts aswell,just not all people play like that,most necs are seriously spamming away like a madman,even with berserk up and than complain afterwards about how op we are.

in PvP

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Warriors have trash mobility with poor disengage.

LOL, 10/10.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in PvP

kdaddy.5431

Why?

Please explain

Okay, then. I most likely will get called an advocate for meta-builds for this but idm.

Since I, personally, don’t know how well Burn-guard and D/D thief fare against Warriors, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here. So even IF those builds build’s beat warrior in a 1v1, a pickup of those over the current meta-build just isn’t justified.

Let me remind you, that we are talking about a 5v5 environment here, so gimping every other aspect of a class just to be able to take 1v1s is simply a mistake.

Just because a build excels at doing A, it’s not worth using if it is inferior to another variant that can do B-Z better. There is a reason WHY a meta exists.
People need to get over the fact, that their ‘special snowflake’-builds just don’t cut it.

In all honesty, even if the enemy team has a warrior, I would still pick a meta Thief / Guardian over what you suggested, cause they will perform better overall….and not just winning 1v1s against that 1 warrior.

Wow bad argument

1- These are players who played in the past season who were placed among the top 250 at one point or another like myself. They did this in a 5 vs 5 situation so lets move past that.

2- The meta builds work amazing for ESL players with other ESL players in there 5 vs 5 setting. Please tell me what good a meta necro is when the ele is chasing off point instead of staying with the team in team fights? Im sorry but there are only a handful of players who can compete with one another in this game and using the META example is not a good way to go.

3- Great that you think you would want a thief or DH in your hypothetical example for team fights. Ive been in those games where i had the 2 warriors and 2Dh and on the other team zeromis and aeroxe on the other team playing thief and mesmer.

In this match i saw them win every 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 simply because the warrior or guard who stayed to challenge lost. There is a skill set needed to compete at a certain level. That goes from bronze getting into silver, silver players getting into gold and so on.

I understand the frustrations of classes right now, warrior resistance isnt one of them.

This pic is with the theif on my team and me being teamed up with the burn guardian.

This was a league match early in the season in plat. The other team had 1 warrior and a ranger that left before i could screen shot that score.

Like you said, this is a 5 vs 5 game. Warrior excels no where and is weak no where because its only viable build.

What you are saying doesnt make sense and it doesnt add to the OP point.

Attachments:

in PvP

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Kite a warrior and watch them die. Warriors are not a problem. Other people’s skill are. It’s the same with any class. If you are better with yours that they are with there’s you win. It is that simple. They are not OP or anything else. You are not as good as they are. I’ve played in matches where I’ve been able to take out 4 people at once. I’ve had other games where I’ve not been able to kill anyone on the other team 1vs1. Sometimes you’re the boot, sometimes you’re ant.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|