Warrior's down skills

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Let’s just keep aside rest of issues that warriors are facing atm and take a look at the downed skills

No. 1 skill : Most classes inflict a condition in addition to regular damage. Mes applies confusion, eles applies vulnerability, thieves applies bleeding (or cripple? forgot), Revenant – This thing applies FREAKING SLOW, necro steals life, etc.

No. 2 skill : A single target knockdown with 1 sec cast time while guardians have AoE knockback with half cast time. Eles, thieves, mesmers can teleport/move to dodge a stomp (guaranteed) whereas if the warrior is blinded the #2 skill miss or if blocked.

Want to hear from some non-warriors how balanced is this…

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Towren.1745

Towren.1745

A Guardians knock back can be blinded/blocked against as well.

Recipe for Disaster
Guild Leader
[EU] Desolation

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

A Guardians knock back can be blinded/blocked against as well.

I know but my point still stands: AoE vs 1 target and half the cast time

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

the main issue is WARRIORS NOT RELIABLE AND USELESS IN PVP THATS THE ISSUE

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

I agree. Warrior down skills need to be revisited. At the very least the #2 skill needs to be instant cast. Guardians have a half second AOE knockback why should a single target kock-down be double the cast time?

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Peacekid.1463

Peacekid.1463

even trap guardian will just say hahahaha warriors sucks…u know why?simple they get hit far..big dmg …step on trap big dmg ..but warriors they hit u with wat gunflame? lol block immune uyohhooo im a guardian stay down warrior

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

I think the problem is they designed the warrior to be extremely basic and to the point, it worked out early on in the game because they made up for lack of special tricks by being very well rounded and having a good mix of offense and defense
But now that the game has changed since launch especially with elite specs it seems like they put all kind of cool bells and whistles on all of the classes that fit thematically with thier magic/abilities but because the design of the warrior is essentialy just a normal guy who is really strong, they kind of ended up with an extremely limited template to create new abilities for and they always end up getting really bare bones versions of abilities other classes get because they have no magic to justify any added conditions and effects

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

I think the problem is they designed the warrior to be extremely basic and to the point, it worked out early on in the game because they made up for lack of special tricks by being very well rounded and having a good mix of offense and defense
But now that the game has changed since launch especially with elite specs it seems like they put all kind of cool bells and whistles on all of the classes that fit thematically with thier magic/abilities but because the design of the warrior is essentialy just a normal guy who is really strong, they kind of ended up with an extremely limited template to create new abilities for and they always end up getting really bare bones versions of abilities other classes get because they have no magic to justify any added conditions and effects

Well said, they never bothered with it again.
Actually same happened with the whole warriors – We got nerfs so that we were on par with other classes and then Anet went ahead and buffed the other classes so much that warriors feels underpowered once again.

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: ArthurDent.9538

ArthurDent.9538

Actually same happened with the whole warriors – We got nerfs so that we were on par with other classes and then Anet went ahead and buffed the other classes so much that warriors feels underpowered once again.

It is just the cycle of life. Class X overpowered and Class Y is under-powered. Anet nerfs X buffs Y and all of a sudden the situation is reversed. Soon warriors will be back to being op it is only a matter of time. With that being said, from what I can tell there hasn’t been a class in as bad of a state as warrior currently is in a long time. The rangers from last meta which were considered the weakest class then were much more competitive than warrior is in the current meta. Also I would much rather have nerfs to all the new elite specs than buffs for warrior, as the elites completely outshine the vanilla specs even though they were supposed to be horizontal progression, not an upgrade.

14 Dungeon paths soloed
Lupi solos on 9/9 professions
Wost Engi NA

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Warrior has the strongest downed state in the game, as in, he will win/draw a downed fight against any class in the game. It’s balanced by the fact his other downed skills aren’t that strong. I don’t think it needs to change. Would only add more condi spam into the game too.

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

It is just the cycle of life. Class X overpowered and Class Y is under-powered. Anet nerfs X buffs Y and all of a sudden the situation is reversed. Soon warriors will be back to being op it is only a matter of time. With that being said, from what I can tell there hasn’t been a class in as bad of a state as warrior currently is in a long time. The rangers from last meta which were considered the weakest class then were much more competitive than warrior is in the current meta. Also I would much rather have nerfs to all the new elite specs than buffs for warrior, as the elites completely outshine the vanilla specs even though they were supposed to be horizontal progression, not an upgrade.

Yeah, I don’t know about that. Warrior’s been regarded as a support class because it’s actual fighting skills aren’t fit for this game. They’d need to flat out remake so many skills it’s clear they don’t want to do it.

What they will probably do is abandon Berserker completely and just buff numbers on Shouts and restore condi conversion on Warhorn. Warrior will be back as an OP mindless support that can stalemate anything indefinitely, which will make the class viable, but… not very fun for most of us, because people roll a Warrior to play a brawler, not blow into horns and wave flags.

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

Warrior has the strongest downed state in the game, as in, he will win/draw a downed fight against any class in the game. It’s balanced by the fact his other downed skills aren’t that strong. I don’t think it needs to change. Would only add more condi spam into the game too.

huh? Assuming your post to be not sarcasm, please explain how its stronger than Rev’s downed skill with permanent slowness?

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Jzaku.9765

Jzaku.9765

You basically always draw the downed state fight because literally nobody takes Vengeful Return because it’s a bad gimmick pointless trait – so hooray you stomped the opponent in vengeance then you kind of mill around for 10 more seconds unable to cap/decap the point before you die. I’m fairly certain you can’t even stomp rev due to his slow wasting your ticking seconds.

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

Still remember when in a weekly Rom used his downed #3, popped Rampage and wiped half of the enemy team :p

M I L K B O I S

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Harvey.7820

Harvey.7820

That title actually belongs to Necros. Necro downed state #3 can down players and then kill them before their own #3 even comes off cooldown.

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

If you fix warrior so he spend less time in downed state then the down state skills become a non-issue.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Mirrodin.8729

Mirrodin.8729

Let’s just keep aside rest of issues that warriors are facing atm and take a look at the downed skills

No. 1 skill : Most classes inflict a condition in addition to regular damage. Mes applies confusion, eles applies vulnerability, thieves applies bleeding (or cripple? forgot), Revenant – This thing applies FREAKING SLOW, necro steals life, etc.

No. 2 skill : A single target knockdown with 1 sec cast time while guardians have AoE knockback with half cast time. Eles, thieves, mesmers can teleport/move to dodge a stomp (guaranteed) whereas if the warrior is blinded the #2 skill miss or if blocked.

unlike other classes, warrior has a chance to stand up and fight for a last breath with full access to weapons, utilities and elite, you just have to fight and make that time valuable, lets review others skill 3, guard has a symbol which can be useless if he is poisoned or launched, mesmer has a illusion that barely hurts and can be kitted, eles has those sorta useless “earth hands”, necros have a decent well, it can down players, engi is a explosion which i barely have the chance to use or be helpfull, thief has stealth…meh

if you want to complain about warriors, just do it in other place, downstate is fine, almost every mechanic from other classes can be avoided (blocked, blinded, dodged)

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

NiloyBardhan.9170

unlike other classes, warrior has a chance to stand up and fight for a last breath with full access to weapons, utilities and elite, you just have to fight and make that time valuable, lets review others skill 3, guard has a symbol which can be useless if he is poisoned or launched, mesmer has a illusion that barely hurts and can be kitted, eles has those sorta useless “earth hands”, necros have a decent well, it can down players, engi is a explosion which i barely have the chance to use or be helpfull, thief has stealth…meh

if you want to complain about warriors, just do it in other place, downstate is fine, almost every mechanic from other classes can be avoided (blocked, blinded, dodged)

Guardian’s symbol AoE heals upto 5 players for a valuable amount (~750 each pulse IIRC and 8% to downed) within the range, eles inflict immobilize repeatedly, thieves stealth to prevent stomping AGAIN, mesmers – I agree their #3 is pretty useless, engi has another AoE CC to avoid stomping, necro has a AoE poison field which also deals very high damage..Warriors #3 is either a hit or a miss. Either way, without the trait the warrior dies after using #3 anyway ~80% of the time.

Most of the time players don’t get 8 seconds in downed state in a PvP match or in WvW zerg battles to activate skill #3 which is why I left them out. #1 is spammable and hence the most important, #2 I usable after a second of going downed.

(edited by NiloyBardhan.9170)

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Actually, every single stomp interrupt can be countered, with eles thieves and mesmers though, it depends on when the person starts the interrupt. Of course if your class doesn’t have a blink then yes it is impossible.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Warrior's down skills

in PvP

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

not anymore, and vengeance is useless even though you will never get to use it.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene