Was Karl Joking?

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Booms.2594

Booms.2594

as much as I dont think linking gw2drama is a good idea on the forums..
https://twitter.com/GW2Drama/status/555545412145528832

was this legit? did karl really ask this?
I honestly cant tell if this dude is serious. if it is I think Im seriously just going to go off myself at this point.

gerdian

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

No jokes here, can I have your belongings?

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

1. can’t tell if real
+2. called GW2drama
= draw your own conclusion

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Supcutie.2538

Supcutie.2538

Yes it’s real I can confirm seeing it in the ESL finals chat. It’s sad to see but at the same time illustrates why it’s important for the developers to communicate with us. Ele has a better win ratio vs. Necro in the current meta for example.

My Guide: http://bit.ly/SupcutieGuide (Easy link)
Mega link: http://bit.ly/mesmerguide

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Let me break down necro currently:

1, The class is really strong in celestial mirrors, or at least it is viable.

2, It struggles massively vs mesmer/thief unless you have a better thief than their thief

3, Necro snowballs, if you run it in a team which HAS THE BEST PLAYERS then the necro will just totally dominate as they accumulate death shroud.

4, Linked to (3) if you run into 1vs1, 2vs2 or 3vs3 where your team is holding their own then a necro can ust instantly devestate the fight as a +1 quicker than any other class in the game.

5, Necros mobility is underated with effective use of wurm and spectral walk you can be really hard to pin down and kill for anyone other than thief/mesmer (as they have the ports to nullify your ports)

6, Necro is resonable 1vs1 although an ele SHOULD beat them (staff ele is hardest) and most of the other 1vs1s are close with the possible exception of dps guardian which seems to be very hard to beat.

7, All of this theory depends on life force. If you have full life force as a necro you are almost an unstoppable machine of death. Again life force is a snowball mechanic so if your team is good then you can dominate more and more as the game goes on.

8, Necro has a much higher skill cap than people realise, it is really hard to play any class which is always being focussed ALL GAME. However playing necro in a dominant team is fairly easy

9, I dont watch many streams but have seen most of the streamers play on occasion and can say the necro who plays for the NA champion team is the BEST player I have seen stream

10, Necro can be viable but there is no class where so much can change to effect your performance, basically if your team is on the offensive in fights (if your engi is slightly better, your d/d is slightly better, your thief is better) then you will be the most dominant force in any game.

It is kind of like a win-more class the necro.

Also lame how much damage the life force stacking “fix” did to multi necro comps as this was one of the main benefits of stacking necros.

So necro is a difficult beast to balance. It is hard to play very well. But it is easy to play in games where you are on top. A good necro will prove himself when kiting and dpsing a team who are on top of his team.

I dont expect any of the esports proz to accept what I am saying. Most people think I suck and to be honest I do suck pretty badly. But I still know about necro and what I wrote above is the truth.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Chaith.8256

Chaith.8256

This thread has less to do with Necro and is more of a shot at balance devs that aren’t aware of long time top end PvP builds.

Forum Lord Chaith
Twitch.tv/chaithh
New Twitter: @chaithhh

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

This thread has less to do with Necro and is more of a shot at balance devs that aren’t aware of long time top end PvP builds.

Is that news though?

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

As I’ve been saying for a long time…. GW2 really needs a balance team. It is scary how long it takes them to realize when something is broken.

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: masskillerxploit.2165

masskillerxploit.2165

Karl…. srsly…. u don’t even know…

Ferox, multiclass’r, ESL’r
Team Lead For Radioactive [dK] B Team

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Phaeton.9582

Phaeton.9582

To be fair to Karl, condi necro does much better than most classes vs cele engi/ele…

But then most classes/builds either do rubbish or have massive flaws (see shatter mes), hence the stale meta..

They do especially well as a +1 like Henry said..

If cele engi/ele were both toned down a bit I’d go as far as to say a sensible counter…

Phaatonn, London UK

(edited by Phaeton.9582)

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

I don’t see the problem with him asking what Noscoc is running. He could’ve been running something that isn’t the meta so…. you guys are just being jerks.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

I don’t see the problem with him asking what Noscoc is running. He could’ve been running something that isn’t the meta so…. you guys are just being jerks.

there is an option?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Nice, Gw2 drama doing its job causing drama.

Too bad this incident will cause the devs to be publically and humorously sarcastic less often.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Serious or troll?

It is UNACCEPTABLE he does not know what Nos is running – He has been running the same build for a LONG time – Essentially created the meta

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: imaclown.1628

imaclown.1628

What? I was told by another player Nos plays the standard power necro build from METABATTLE.COM!

Attention Moderators I am not:
S P E E D starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD crappy d/D ele NA

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Zethyrius.8692

Zethyrius.8692

What? I was told by another player Nos plays the standard power necro build from METABATTLE.COM!

He has a power necro that he uses when he’s bored and not competing. He’s generally condi.
Can’t tell if you were being serious.

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Terrorsquad.2349

Terrorsquad.2349

Actually.. A good necro can take down an Ele and an Engi..

Wouldn’t really say ‘do really well’ though..
It takes kitten lots of skill for the Necro to take down an Ele

So I don’t really know what to think about that post tbh..

Denied | 5.9k PvP Games | PvP Rank: 236 | 8.6k hours | 9 Legendaries | Still Bad.

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

hey kitten did you ever get your 500g

omg your name is censored booms

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Was Karl Joking?

in PvP

Posted by: Boggs.6482

Boggs.6482

Posts like this are 100% the reason Anet has the communications policy they do. This community tends to expect and assume the worst as it is, and things like /gw2drama are only making it worse.

Also, quoted for truth:

The GW2 PvP community as a whole feels a hell of a lot like a high school drama-wise.

(Edited for grammar.)