Was Warrior ever "balanced" in PvP?

in PvP

Posted by: NotASmurf.1725

NotASmurf.1725

I remember it bouncing between OP and unplayable several times, but did it ever hit a middle-ground where it was perfectly fine?

in PvP

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

Not that i recall. Although i was just inconveniencef by what seemed to be mace/hammer war that was incredibly irritating to fight as a dh but seemed to have been wrecking our necro and ele.

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

Warrior it’s balanced.. while in stance :p

in PvP

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Not like Shoutbow, Hambow, Greatbow and some other builds were really broken. Cele D/D Ele… now that’s what you call broken, but I don’t think Warrior was ever at that level.
But yeah, Warrior’s viability hinges on how busted his sustain is, because most of the actual skills Warrior has are a joke. Kick, Stomp, Bolas, Bull’s Rush, Hammer, OH Sword are like abilities created for a different game. Warrior has a few insanely powerful abilities and a whole bunch of totally useless ones, so he doesn’t really have anything to fall back on in case the broken stuff gets nerfed.

in PvP

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Warrior sustain is like rev damage. It’s absolutely horrible when you don’t spec for the defensive lines, just like how rev damage is terrible when not specced for the offensive lines. Reworks need to be done to fix this problem. Trait/skill nerfs and buffs are just going to swing the professions between broken OP and broken UP.

in PvP

Posted by: jbondo.9817

jbondo.9817

it was balanced around the time that d/d ele was meta
it wasn’t great and it wasn’t terrible
hammer/gs+ramp lol

Dusty Dawg

in PvP

Posted by: shox.1586

shox.1586

Ranger
The axe has always been suited to work with hybrid damage stats, with the Might stacking of Ricochet combining with the bleeding from Splitblade and Winter’s Bite. The latter two skills have very low power coefficients, which prevented them from getting the maximum benefit from Might. We have significantly increased the power scaling of these two skills to grant them more synergy with the goal of the kit.

Splitblade: The damage per axe hit of this skill has been increased by 200% in PvP only.
Winter’s Bite: The damage of this skill has been increased by 150%.

in PvP

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

If by accident anet reads this, this recent balance patch is a clear example of incopetence.

-Warrior torch is designed as offensive offhand
-Currently, everybody teleports out of criple field, or if the dont, theyre 120% dead
-SOLUTION: added more condi duration.

Clap, clap.
They are sooo afraid to openly say “l2p” and explain that scissors is designed to be countered by rock. Bring a “paper” friend or utility.
No, they rather have a cycle untill scissor deals 240% damage and overwhelms everything with no actual skill redesigns or mechanical changes.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in PvP

Posted by: Bossun.2046

Bossun.2046

Yeah, in season 6. It was decent.

in PvP

Posted by: Strages.2950

Strages.2950

Yeah, in season 6. It was decent.

This.

Warrior skills being highly telegraphed and slow, going “all-in” for a burst in the current situation is no longer “high risk, high reward” but more like playing a clunky thief with no evades, stealth or disengage. (yes im exaggerating a bit)

The survivability nerfs really hurt the way Warrior plays atm. Those were the only moments when (at least power) Warriors could burst freely and they’ve been cut in half, their combo skills even more telegraphed and their survivability stunted in general.

What pains me the most is that Anet’s promoted a condi meta throughout almost all game modes now, making gameplay more about about sustain and clears than about watchfulness, evading, landing particular skills and combos.

in PvP

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

but that aimed shot buff tho

hype my dudes!

/s

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

hype my dudes!

/s

48% dmg buff btw, not 68% like they mentioned in the patch notes.. still good change for PVE players.. doesnt do any good for PVP

in PvP

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

hype my dudes!

/s

48% dmg buff btw, not 68% like they mentioned in the patch notes.. still good change for PVE players.. doesnt do any good for PVP

Rofl, rifle don’t have place in pve..

in PvP

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

hype my dudes!

/s

Rofl, rifle don’t have place in pve..

thats why i dont get it.. buffing rifle dmg for PVE should be no problem if its not even a PVE weapon because of the low dmg/small hitpoint