We ask for answers.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Some of you may know that Anet has introduced a new type of PvE items (Ascended) that has received a wide response from the PvE community.

The merged discussion has received over 9000 replies with almost 100000 views.
In this topic (created 3 days ago) community expressed its concerns regarding the new item type.
It took less than 24 hours to get a written response from Studio Design Director regarding these concerns.
Link here: A message from our…

Now, we know, that Anet made a PvE game with a tiny little bit of a PvP twist to it, sometimes.
We know that our topics don’t reach such high popularities.
We know we are spending less on gems than PvE community.

But we also deserve an answer from someone in charge, and pardon me when I say, someone higher than Jonathan Sharp or Jon Peters.

We have been raising concerns about PvP since the very first beta event. These concerns haven’t, I repeat, haven’t been addressed since then. We haven’t received any communication of even slightest importance besides empty promises that Anet cares about the PvP.

We need answers from someone in charge and we need them fast.
We need someone in charge to come and say, just as Mr. Whiteside did, how they imagine GW2 PvP in few months. What do they want it to be? What are your goals regarding PvP? What’s the vision?

@Jonathan and Jon: No offence, nothing personal. you both look like cool guys to hang out with. We know you like quotes, Chap, so here’s one I like.
“I have learned to respect ideas, wherever they come from. Often they come from clients.” Leo Burnett

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Infinitus.3712

Infinitus.3712

Agreed this Spvp Patch is great for tournaments /hot-join side, however the class balancing that’s taken place in this major content patch is nothing near disgusting so no i will not be singing glory to my friends to start a trial on GW2.

The end of the day we have all brought this game under broken promises since day one, we would like answers and fast because we have waited long enough for you to release the game, then had to wait for things that should have been included on release.

P.S Two people working on class balance is just illogical and I have no idea in what world you thought that would work this needs to be changed as your player base will not wait around for ever.

Infi TV- Engineer for Genesis Gaming [GG]
http://www.twitch.tv/infintitus
https://twitter.com/infinitustv -[Desolation EU]

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: deapee.7516

deapee.7516

I agree, we need devs that communicate with the community, not devs that say things like “There are a bunch of changes incoming” — lol.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: aydenunited.5729

aydenunited.5729

Or maybe, just maybe, developers know that people will complain about balance in any MMO ad-nauseum and have grown a thick skin. Because honestly, 90% of the balance suggestions on this forum are terrible, and considering that very few of you want to learn how to beat something and would rather complain, I am excited that they aren’t bowing down to every horrible idea, and instead, improving PvP in steady, small, forward moving changes.

Jumzi (Ranger), Tarnished Coast

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: SecondtoNone.7549

SecondtoNone.7549

Or maybe, just maybe, developers know that people will complain about balance in any MMO ad-nauseum and have grown a thick skin. Because honestly, 90% of the balance suggestions on this forum are terrible, and considering that very few of you want to learn how to beat something and would rather complain, I am excited that they aren’t bowing down to every horrible idea, and instead, improving PvP in steady, small, forward moving changes.

That doesn’t mean communication doesn’t help, sir.

Plus, man, Staff Eles got nerfed so hard.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

leman.7682

You didn’t understand my post. Please read it again (some important parts are even bold!) and come back then.
I was writing in general about the state of PvP (build diversity, modes, maps, roles, pace of the game, class viability) and the communication from the sPvP team. We basically don't know what they want their PvP to be. It is undefined.

Leman

We ask for answers.

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

You didn’t understand my post. Please read it again (some important parts are even bold!) and come back then.
I was writing in general about the state of PvP (build diversity, modes, maps, roles, pace of the game, class viability) and the communication from the sPvP team. We basically don't know what they want their PvP to be. It is undefined.

I understood it just fine. I wasn’t responding to “just” your post, but the overwhelming amount of whining on the forums in general.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

I understood it just fine. I wasn’t responding to “just” your post, but the overwhelming amount of whining on the forums in general.

You do realize you are an incredibly tiny (and more vocal) minority, right? I mean there are very, very few people who are in any way satisfied with the current state of sPvP. Your attempts to silence criticism are both misguided and entirely futile. Until the problems are dealt with, the forums will continue to be incredibly noisy.

Plus, y’know, that’s what people come on the forums for in the first place – to air their grievances. If you don’t want to read that, you probably shouldn’t be here to begin with.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Oneway.1453

Oneway.1453

You do realize you are an incredibly tiny (and more vocal) minority, right? I mean there are very, very few people who are in any way satisfied with the current state of sPvP. Your attempts to silence criticism are both misguided and entirely futile. Until the problems are dealt with, the forums will continue to be incredibly noisy.

Plus, y’know, that’s what people come on the forums for in the first place – to air their grievances. If you don’t want to read that, you probably shouldn’t be here to begin with.

I like this game. A lot. I think it really comes down to expectations, though.

Yo Landi Vi$$r

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Zyrusticae.7245

Zyrusticae.7245

I don’t think so. I’ve seen the hot-join numbers dwindle down to the level of 300-ish concurrent players during prime time. As I’ve pointed out in the past, League of Legends has concurrent player numbers that start in the millions.

For your sake, you’d better hope AN manages to raise active player numbers by several orders of magnitude, or this game is going to bite the dust loooong before it takes off.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

leman.7682

This was already posted a month ago. Cut the drama, get a life, and move on.

And still no single answer to our posts. That’s what you do when you get no attention, you keep reminding about yourself.

Leman

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Pride N Greed.8106

Pride N Greed.8106

We can complain all we want they just cant do anything about it. They don’t have the man power to fix all the huge issues. They had since 2007 to make pvp kick kitten All we got is 4 maps designed on conquest. On top of that a lot of imbalance issues with classes. JUST BORING AS HELL….

But the worst offender is that they promised this game to be esport and its not even close or will ever be. Once again pvp takes the back seat and we get screwed thanks anet.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

We can complain all we want they just cant do anything about it. They don’t have the man power to fix all the huge issues. They had since 2007 to make pvp kick kitten All we got is 4 maps designed on conquest. On top of that a lot of imbalance issues with classes. JUST BORING AS HELL….

But the worst offender is that they promised this game to be esport and its not even close or will ever be. Once again pvp takes the back seat and we get screwed thanks anet.

The article I read said their ultimate ambition was to become an e-sport, not promising instant e-sport status less than three months after release.

If you truly go by the history of most MMO style games and e-sports, they are on a pretty good timeline, especially considering how good the balance is for something that has so many different aspects from typical MMO style PvP play. PvP interest will always ebb and flow. Gamers are fickle, and no longer have to be patient because there is always another game out there they can go to.

Then there are loyal players… those take time to build, especially considering how different this is from GW1, the GW1 playerbase isn’t an automatic crossover.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Pride N Greed.8106

The article I read said their ultimate ambition was to become an e-sport, not promising instant e-sport status less than three months after release.

If you truly go by the history of most MMO style games and e-sports, they are on a pretty good timeline, especially considering how good the balance is for something that has so many different aspects from typical MMO style PvP play. PvP interest will always ebb and flow. Gamers are fickle, and no longer have to be patient because there is always another game out there they can go to.

Then there are loyal players… those take time to build, especially considering how different this is from GW1, the GW1 playerbase isn’t an automatic crossover.

They had 5 years… since 07 plenty of time to come up with a much better concept than what we currently have. Answer to your first statement.

History of Mmo’s does not matter when their population is low and no one is interested in playing.(AoC,Rift,Aion,Swtor(massive failure),warhammer) list goes on and on. They had plenty of games to learn from and improve upon.

Anyone who plays mmo’s can tell you first impression is the most important in order to insure the survivability of the game. This game was advertised as a e sport competative pvp game and all we got was 4 maps and broken classes which took them 5 years to create. Need to stop cutting slack to all this companies which is why we have been getting crap mmo’s for so long.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

aydenunited.5729

They had 5 years… since 07 plenty of time to come up with a much better concept than what we currently have. Answer to your first statement.

History of Mmo’s does not matter when their population is low and no one is interested in playing.(AoC,Rift,Aion,Swtor(massive failure),warhammer) list goes on and on. They had plenty of games to learn from and improve upon.

Anyone who plays mmo’s can tell you first impression is the most important in order to insure the survivability of the game. This game was advertised as a e sport competative pvp game and all we got was 4 maps and broken classes which took them 5 years to create. Need to stop cutting slack to all this companies which is why we have been getting crap mmo’s for so long.

There was no such advertising as an e-sport, just a couple of articles that are being taken out of context.

“Guild Wars 2! Instant E-Sport!”… never happened. And any sentence that says “history” and “does not matter” is doomed to be eternally ignorant.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

leman.7682

The thing is we wanted a game with PvP that was advertised – spiritual successor to Guild Wars.

This game’s PvP doesn’t live up to its predecessor.

Leman

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Pride N Greed.8106

There was no such advertising as an e-sport, just a couple of articles that are being taken out of context.

“Guild Wars 2! Instant E-Sport!”… never happened. And any sentence that says “history” and “does not matter” is doomed to be eternally ignorant.

Not just articles, Dev interviews. Never said it was going to be a instant e sport. They designed it" to try be". Ignorant is far from it its called hard data and to many years of playing mmo’s. Im sure you have gone through a couple of mmo’s yourself….Point being HoTm used to full of players now i hardly see 6-10 people in their. Everyone on the forums also see the problems. GL on your gw2 adventures while you wait for pvp to be fixed!

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Phira.3970

Phira.3970

Good job guys. Keep complaining. Let us bring a fractal of complaints upon ANET and hopefully they will get the message.

Shall the chaos of fractality sink within their mind.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

You know what pisses me off ? During the beta devs were everywhere in the forums communicating a lot. It was amazing, a breath of fresh air in the MMO world ankittenpt telling everyone this company was different…

AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW kitten MY CREDIBILITY RIGHT ?

I think they got hit hard by the reality of their release situation. They have a ton of work to do, probably don’t have the manpower to bring it up to speed. Just look at the language of their PvP blog post….

“Tip of the Iceberg”? As in, its going to be a while before this is in a competent state.
“We don’t make promises we’re not sure we can make.” While that is certainly a noble intention, I think its more reflective of their current situation. They aren’t sure when its coming out because they don’t have the time. They have a host of balance issues to address along with the broken infrastructure of the sPvP system itself.

I don’t want to sound all doom and gloom, but even IF the necessary features are implemented months down the line the sPvP community will probably be so gutted that it won’t matter. They will have very few new players to draw from due to the barrier to entry posed by the purchasing price, when viable alternatives like LoL and Dota2 are free. So realistically, we’re looking at maybe the release of the first expansion to drive interest in the PvP again. This is a pretty big failure for a feature that had generated so much interest in the game before its launch with a developer of such pedigree. Just another example of how bad design/infrastructure decisions can screw up a solid game.

So…its going to be a long haul guys. I really like the game, but I’m not sure if I’m going to last that long.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Sebyos.4089

Sebyos.4089

You know what pisses me off ? During the beta devs were everywhere in the forums communicating a lot. It was amazing, a breath of fresh air in the MMO world ankittenpt telling everyone this company was different…

AND LOOK WHERE WE ARE NOW kitten MY CREDIBILITY RIGHT ?

I think they got hit hard by the reality of their release situation. They have a ton of work to do, probably don’t have the manpower to bring it up to speed. Just look at the language of their PvP blog post….

“Tip of the Iceberg”? As in, its going to be a while before this is in a competent state.
“We don’t make promises we’re not sure we can make.” While that is certainly a noble intention, I think its more reflective of their current situation. They aren’t sure when its coming out because they don’t have the time. They have a host of balance issues to address along with the broken infrastructure of the sPvP system itself.

I don’t want to sound all doom and gloom, but even IF the necessary features are implemented months down the line the sPvP community will probably be so gutted that it won’t matter. They will have very few new players to draw from due to the barrier to entry posed by the purchasing price, when viable alternatives like LoL and Dota2 are free. So realistically, we’re looking at maybe the release of the first expansion to drive interest in the PvP again. This is a pretty big failure for a feature that had generated so much interest in the game before its launch with a developer of such pedigree. Just another example of how bad design/infrastructure decisions can screw up a solid game.

So…its going to be a long haul guys. I really like the game, but I’m not sure if I’m going to last that long.

‘’When it’s ready !’’ they said, it will be done they said

I’m still pissed or sad I don’t know

I thought they would be a quality company and deliver only when it’s ready like they were promising, but they simply did like many ordinary companies and released according to the mighty WoW.

80 Norn Necromancer Max : JC, WS, TL, AT.
100% World completion.

We ask for answers.

in PvP

Posted by: Sanis.1096

Sanis.1096

you know there is no point asking when they dont talk about stuff that is not ready and why would you want answers? do you really think they mean what they say? look at all the stuff they have said and what they have done

-Apinamies-
-rank 41 guardian-
-Desolation EU-

(edited by Sanis.1096)